Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Missing Specializations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Specializations

I was wondering if any one had or knows where to find some of the missing specializations from the video games. I would love to see some like Ash Warrior (that has been mentioned), or Battlemage (from awakenings) or Infiltrator (from II) or Artificer, Tempest, & Knight-Enchanter (from Inquisition) and especially the ones from multiplayer, like Elementalist, Alchemist, Storm Warrior, Legionnaire, Katari & Virtuoso.

I have started working on my own versions for some of them. Since I like the idea of giving my players more options for specializations. But not sure how well they are going to turn out.
    Campaign Codex

Re: Missing Specializations

Some of the ones from Inquisition will probably come out with the Inquistions book that's apparently planned. The problem with the others is, I suspect, that they've tried to keep a symmetrical number of Specializations between the three classes, but the computer games haven't; while they tend to have the same number within any one game, they've generally recycled more of the Warrior ones than they have Mage or Rogue ones.

Comment

Yeah I have noticed that too. It has annoyed me. They have done a lot more for the other 2 classes in terms of specializations.
      Campaign Codex

Comment

I don't know if "done a lot more" is a good way to put it. Warrior specs are pretty distinct from each other, have their "personality" and cover a lot of ground; they seem to be what warriors need, getting rid of any of them would be like removing Blood Mages from a game where there is supposedly a lot of blood magic around (oh, wait).
        As for mages - in DA:I, for example, you have completely new specializations!
        Only you don't. You have knight enchanter that is an Arcane Warrior only less interesting (though multiplayer arcane warrior got dumbed down too with close combat magic instead of actual weapon that was the staple of this specialization), Necromancer that is a "we took away spirit and entropy magic, but you can have some back with this brand new specialization" and rift mage that is a compilation of old specializations and some formerly common spells. It does have a bit more interesting lore behind him, though. Still, what should be his greatest ability isn't his ability but a skill common to all Inquisitors...

I don't know all that much about rogue, so I'll refrain from comparisons there, but while the mage got three completely new specializations in DA:I, they're all just mix-and-match job of things that were already there. If they called DA:I Champion a, say, "Defender" or "Guardian" and made non-blood-related-but-functionally-the-same version of Reaver called "Berserker" - that would be the level of specialization innovation mages experience. I don't think mages were really all that more pampered - they just experienced more skills/spells being mixed around in new ways, with new names, while for warriors names tend to stay more constant (even when skill sets change - note how champion's focus on his party evaporated in DA:I completely; to add insult to injury, Rally skill remaind, upgraded to ultimate... and it was given to Templar; frankly, I do believe they should give that new Champion some other name since it's a completely different specialization now, with all "inspiring" aspect moved to Templar, replaced by Moar Unkilabel; and yeah, I am bitter about that if you haven't noticed ).

Comment

Working...
        X