Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Adversary Threat Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adversary Threat Level

Or you could make a Running test after each round. Failure would yield a -2 penalty per test; success only a -1. Max of 4 sprinting rounds. Penalty would degrade -1/2 rounds. Maybe.

Comment

Re: Adversary Threat Level

I've never bothered with a threat scale rating in games. I tend to decide if I want an easy, moderate or difficult fight and adjust numbers and creature/enemy types on the fly. I also liked what I re-learned in playing Risen on my PC, you don't always have to play fair and there are places player characters just can't go, enemies they just can't fight at certain levels. And thus I occasionally treat my players to the no-win scenario's.

I don't know about a tried an true threat scale for GM's, but I've always been able to feel my way through with enough experience and time running a game. I trust you'll find your way too.

I can be friendly when I desire to. Alas, desiring to be more intelligent does not make it so.
      --Morrigan, Dragon Age Origins

What Dragon Age Origins Character Are You?

Please feel free to catch up with me elsewhere, such as on my Blog, or at Twitter, YouTube or Steam.

Comment

Working...
      X