Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Age Core Rulebook - Missing Things and Mistakes (Errata Collection...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dragon Age Core Rulebook - Missing Things and Mistakes (Errata Collection...)

Two things I have found:

On page 157 it is said that thanks to the famed Warden Commander Duncan and his companions, the Fifth Blight was defeated. Shouldn't this be the famed Hero of Ferelden, since Duncan died at Ostagar?

Starting on page 191, the highlighted names of some of the Elven gods differ from those given in the text, the main difference being an I inserted rather than apostrophe, example being "Elgarinan" rather than "Elgar'nan".

Allen

Comment

Re: Dragon Age Core Rulebook - Missing Things and Mistakes (Errata Collection...)

P76: Light leather duster, tailored leather duster and lining with concealed pockets descriptions are missung

P84: Axe and hatchet, any chance of weapon stats for these? It'll happen sooner or later.

P90: Any chance of getting a warhorse added to this list (and the creature stats bit later on), you've got stats for lances and rules for mounted combat after all.

P105: Does the armour chart on this page need the dusters adding?

Comment

P269:Adversity threat, this gives an idea of level, but for how many players?

P331: The lesser lyrium potion seems cheap?

Is there any chance of a summary of the changes from the boxed sets being included for clarity and to help existing players get up to speed?

Comment

As far as I can tell, the only things I see that are likely to impact players rather than GMs are that advancement seems faster and a couple monsters are tougher. I'd been reading the old books for a bit in getting ready for a campaign, and the only things I've spotted are 1. The three new specializations; 2. Changed in the advancement cost and experience rewarded; 3. That there's costs listed for potions; 4. Some additional equipment, 5. A couple monsters getting dialed up; and 6. The tier listing for monsters. If there's anything else that's changed, rules-wise, its flown below my radar. I certainly saw no changes in base mechanics or character generation.

Comment

Page 27 under Rivaini Merchant - "Where there is shipping there is smuggling and piracy, of course, and sometimes the line between a merchant a smuggler is blurry."

Which should probably be "between a merchant and a smuggler is blurry."

Also, I thought backstab was going to be able to be used at ranged by using an Aim action to trigger. Reading backstab however, it reads a little odd by saying "You must approach your opponent
            with a move action If attacking with a melee weapon." but states nothing more about if it isn't a melee.
            Last edited by IzualTheMighty; 19th April 2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

From what I remember, Backstab was going to stay melee-only for the core book, but be possibly switched to ranged, as well when generic AGE is released.

As of now, warhorses don't have stats - the adversarial templates are suggested to be used.

Horror (and Walking Bomb) have never had RAW corrected durations AFAIK. A common fix is to give them MAG round durations.

Comment

Saw another one. Rogues aparently, according to pg. 36, can become Shapeshifters..................

Also, pg. 38, Warriors can now take the Lances and Pole-Arms weapon groups at character creation, but can't take the Pole Weapon Style as one of their beginning bonus talents? I can see Mounted Combat Style not being available as you most can't take the Dex (Riding) focus until 2nd level, but they should have the option to get Pole Weapon Style.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff View Post

Horror (and Walking Bomb) have never had RAW corrected durations AFAIK. A common fix is to give them MAG round durations.
                  Wouldn't it make more sense for Horror to have a "per encounter" duration unless you're going to change Paralyze, too? Paralyze gets a small extra bennie, but other than that they're very similar spells, just with one targeting Con and one Will.

I assume you'd want to do the same duration change on Virulent Walking Bomb?

Comment

From what I remember, Backstab was going to stay melee-only for the core book, but be possibly switched to ranged, as well when generic AGE is released.
                    This is correct. Changes worked better with the slightly different stat breakdowns for Fantasy Age.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreamer View Post
                      Wouldn't it make more sense for Horror to have a "per encounter" duration unless you're going to change Paralyze, too? Paralyze gets a small extra bennie, but other than that they're very similar spells, just with one targeting Con and one Will.

I assume you'd want to do the same duration change on Virulent Walking Bomb?
                      The original fix IIRC was to keep WB in line with Winters Grasp. I'd keep VWB the same. I'm away from my books, but again IIRC, Horror's a nastier spell than Paralyze, and IMO the "end of the encounter" duration would be a little too punishing.

Comment

The original fix IIRC was to keep WB in line with Winters Grasp. I'd keep VWB the same. I'm away from my books, but again IIRC, Horror's a nastier spell than Paralyze, and IMO the "end of the encounter" duration would be a little too punishing.
                        Unless I misread it, Horror and Paralyze do almost the same thing; if anything, Paralyze is worse because it screws up your defense, too. Both are "roll each round to try to come out from it" effects. The only way Horror is worse is that probably more things have high Cons than high Wills, but otherwise Paralyze is the pretty superior spell unless I'm misunderstanding.

I can see the argument about WB though. Though if it only lasts Magic in rounds its terminal effect is often going to be meaningless unless you use it on a pretty wimpy target.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreamer View Post
                          Unless I misread it, Horror and Paralyze do almost the same thing; if anything, Paralyze is worse because it screws up your defense, too. Both are "roll each round to try to come out from it" effects. The only way Horror is worse is that probably more things have high Cons than high Wills, but otherwise Paralyze is the pretty superior spell unless I'm misunderstanding.
                          Yeah, you're right that they're both virtually the same spell. Of course, if you're looking at a MAG 6 and 'end of the encounter' they're both probably equivalent durations. There should be a finite duration on Horror, though.

But from what you said, I would probably switch the two.

I can see the argument about WB though. Though if it only lasts Magic in rounds its terminal effect is often going to be meaningless unless you use it on a pretty wimpy target.
                          True, but for an intro level spell, it shouldn't be an auto-kill. You could also use it on an already-weakened mob.

Comment

I can see the argument on Paralyze, though as you say, once you've been under for six rounds someone has probably dealt with you anyway, so I'm not sure its worth changing the duration there. You're surely right that Horror and WB should have some kind of duration listed for them, though, and you get less artifacts with WB if its got a specific duration (so there aren't odd things where people end up taking more or less damage from it depending on the length of the battle)..

Comment

Jack, when is the corrected PDF going to be available? I'm going to print my book, but I want to wait until it's fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by BytomMan View Post
                                Jack, when is the corrected PDF going to be available? I'm going to print my book, but I want to wait until it's fixed.
                                I can't say for absolute certain right now, but soon. I need to make sure we've got everything fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                X