Campaign Page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign Page

So, changing this post up a bit from what it was originally (a promotion for my own OP page). I think in the interest of Community and the idea of helping other people coming here track down potential sources of inspiration I will make this into a collection of the OP pages from members of the community here that are focused on the DA:RPG. If you want to post you link here in the thread I will add it to the OP in the format I have going right now to help promote your page some over on OP. Also, like I have done for my own page, feel free to post bits and bobs of news and such in this thread for your page if you feel so inclined. With all of that said, lets get to our collection of OP pages we have had pop up in here so far:

Forum Member OP Pages
    Dragon Age: Requiem by Member Red Eye
    Dragon Age - The Wandering Blades by Member Saisei
    Dragon Age: A Dark Time by Member IzualTheMighty
    Dragon Age: Red Daughter by Member TrentFarrell
    Last edited by Red Eye; 07-25-2015, 01:15 PM.
    Dragon Age: Requiem

Re: Campaign Page

Looks good. Hope it goes well for you.

I have an OP page for our campaign but there are literally years in between updates. Still, its really handy for myself to remeber little details even if my players don't use it!

Comment

Thanks very much, I hope it goes well too. I am excited about the storyline I have cooked up, just have to see how it plays out with this troupe.

If you don't mind sharing, would love to check out your OP page.

Comment

Sure. It's here: https://dragon-age-the-wandering-bla...ianportal.com/

Good luck trying to make sense of it though! As I said, its a little jumbled.

Comment

Hey, it isn't so bad really - was finding my way around pretty easily. I am even stealing a couple formatting things you did for your Character Pages (though presently my players want their stats hidden, so all my spiffy formatting for that section is hidden anyways - but grabbed some ideas from your setup for there). Also nice to have a chance to look at the Items section since you have it in play. Making me consider using it for the Legendary type items in my session now instead of dropping them in the Codex (Wiki).

Comment

Yeah, I'm constantly fighting a losing battle updating it. The npcs and places were kind of most important. I do have a lot more items and things I want to ad though, and I might post them up on the forum here too to share out.

Comment

I could totally see that being an issue. I am hoping to get as much of the site setup as possible before the session start up, maybe even get a little bit ahead in spots where I am able (like with the NPCs and Codex [Wiki]). That way I can hopefully only really have to update the Chronicle [Adventure Log] for the most part as we go along. Of course I expect things to go south with that idea in a hurry, unless I find my players actually using the site (so far 2 of the 3 do, but I can see that falling off easily).

I am certainly finding OP to be pretty handy so far though, had never really used it before. With a little design work and some basic coding skills I feel I have been able to theme it up for the campaign pretty well to boot. If you end up with any suggestion, or if you want any bits of stuff I am using for design anywhere just let me know and I would be happy to kick it over to you.

Comment

Yeah its really great. I created alot of npcs ahead of time as you said and then just made them public when they had been introduced in the game. Secret GM notes on PCs and NPCs is also really handy because, I know myself, there are things I tend to plan in my head and then completely forget.

Comment

Absolutely, that is one of the key issues that normally kills my campaigns so I am hoping that OP will be eliminating much of that problem for me.

Comment

Character deadline is tomorrow, so should be starting to kick more details up soon, and once we start running there should be updates pretty regularly. The site is starting to flesh out pretty well though, just have a few more bits and bobs of information I need to add in for the players (and anyone following) to have access to yet.

Comment

Yay! Players decided to let their stats be public (and I approve since I formatted them up nice). Coming along well, hopefully starting on the 28th.

Comment

For anyone following this, it has come to my attention that a number of the images used on the site are not loading for folks. I have found that this is due to an expired SSL certificate on my own server which they are being called from. I am working on getting the SSL updated on the server with a fresh certificate which should alleviate the issues. As I host these images off my personal business server which will be launching soonish, I figured I might as well get that done now anyways.

The SSL provider I am working with will need to verify our business details since we do have a business grade SSL certificate, this simply means that the process will likely take a couple of business days to resolve. In the meantime, you could actually pop over to https://www.otherfamily.net and add an exception for the current certificate (since it actually shouldn't make any negative impact for you as long as you don't pass secure information across my server) and the images will load for you without a problem now. If you would prefer to just hold out the couple days to have the new certificate verified and installed on the server no harm there - the site might just look a little odd in a few places.

Sorry about the issues, I had kind of forgotten the SSL certificate on there had expired since we have been hard working on development over there and had opted not to renew it while no one was able to login.

Comment

Hope you get everything sorted.

I've spent the last few hours working on my OP page. Its basically just been adding items that have been picked up or mentioned along the way. If you're interested they're all up here: https://dragon-age-the-wandering-bla...rtal.com/items

I honestly can't remember which ones I created, which ones I got from the book, and which ones I got from other sources so if I've taken other peoples ideas, sorry!

Also some of these items are balanced for use with my own house rules and may need tweaking. I've tweaked the lore to fit my needs as well.

A few of the items have the tags "merchant" and "Sazine". This just basically means the merchant Sazine is selling them. The flavour is written as if you're perusing his shop (and undoubtedly has some typos).

Comment

Just been taking a peek at a few of those items you have up, and I may just end up stealing some of them for my own Campaign (coming up with interesting items is much more difficult than interesting characters for me). I like that you even managed to track down some art for the different degrees of potions, very slick. Should be at least a bit before I start handing out the special gear to my troupe, but will save me a whole lot of effort.

As for the images on my Campaign, it will be sorted, but since I host them on my business server it is going to take some time (since to have business grade SSL they have to take some time to verify details about the business). I expect it to be a few days, hopefully no more than a week or so. If you want to see the stuff in the mean time you can always kick an exception for my business server per the post above.

I assume you are running with a Basic Membership rather than an Ascendant one (based on the fact that I see you are using just the standard options on the site so far)? If you are on an Ascendant account I can kick you some of my CSS if there is any formatting you see on there which you like. Not sure if you would be able to use any of it without the Ascendant membership (perhaps some of the inline code, but I don't think Basic gets the Custom CSS section in the Settings).

Comment

Yeah basic membership. I've toyed with the ascendent one but I don't think I/we use the site enough to warrant it. Cheers though!

(finding some of the artwork was a pain! Especially for items I had already clearly described in game)

Comment

Working...
                              X