Raw materials list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw materials list

I can't seem to find the complete list of materials in set 3. I know it was in the set 3 "beta" test PDF that came out a year or so ago, but I can't find it in the released set 3. I have the PDF version only. Did it not make it in?

Re: Raw materials list

I think they were left out.

Comment

Yeah, its not in the actual published pdf. I don't know if they didn't like how they worked or just ran out of space (personally I'm a bit bothered by the fact they serve the people who are most likely to have them worse, but there you are).

Comment

And they end up giving out loads of talents. A star metal bastard sword gives single weapon, weapon/shield, dual weapon and arguably two-handed weapon and throwing weapons. All at master.

Comment

Yeah, but that's the problem with the whole system of superior weapons being flawed. While I do accept that superior armor would be less restrictive, it makes little sense for better quality weapon to be redundant with actual skill. Better tools don't make you a master - in fact it would be much more convincing if being a master would be a requirement for taking advantage of having better tools.
          Making a newbie fight like a master should be restricted to some heavily magical pieces of weaponery...

EDIT: although a bastard should probably only affect Single Weapon and maybe Two-Handed Weapon styles. Dual should be for common off-hand weapons (like daggers) while weapon and shield... well, I guess that's the one style you can't grab by having superior equipment, since shields give no benefits.
          Last edited by eliastion; 09-17-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eliastion View Post
            Yeah, but that's the problem with the whole system of superior weapons being flawed. While I do accept that superior armor would be less restrictive, it makes little sense for better quality weapon to be redundant with actual skill. Better tools don't make you a master - in fact it would be much more convincing if being a master would be a requirement for taking advantage of having better tools.
            Making a newbie fight like a master should be restricted to some heavily magical pieces of weaponery...

EDIT: although a bastard should probably only affect Single Weapon and maybe Two-Handed Weapon styles. Dual should be for common off-hand weapons (like daggers) while weapon and shield... well, I guess that's the one style you can't grab by having superior equipment, since shields give no benefits.
            Away from my books, but there is a material benefit that has a requirement. Just overall, it's meh.

As for bastard swords, RAW says you get the talent bonus with the applicable talents. It doesn't restrict it past that, so if you're into throwing bastard swords.... Kidding aside, though, it's a lot of free talents and worse, redundant talents.

Comment

Yeah, if I end up running DA, I think that's going to have to be reworked in my game; I don't much like the effect in the first place, and it produces a pretty much backward result from what I'd expect.

Comment

Working...
              X