Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duelist, Sharpshooter, and Outrider Classes Restrictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duelist, Sharpshooter, and Outrider Classes Restrictions?

Good Day Everyone!

As is obvious this my first post and I wanted to ask a question, that has me at a loss from the main Blue Rose Book.
    So was there a reason Duelist and Sharpshooter are Expert Only, and in the same vein why is Outrider Warrior only?
    I don't really understand the logic, with these. A scout Horseman, or a Horseman Archer seem like common sense builds.
    As does Warrior Duelist or a Warrior Sharpshooter.

What confused me further on this is, in the Fantasy Age Companion, there is a duelist warrior NPC (Page 107), even though the book doesn't even have a Duelist specialization in it.

So was there a reason for those limitations? Am I being pointlessly nit picky?

I'm still fairly new to the game, and working on understand what the aims of the developers are.

Anyway thank you for your time and consideration on this matter!

Have a great day!

Re: Duelist, Sharpshooter, and Outrider Classes Restrictions?

Welcome (though I'm sure you've been stalking this forum long before)!

Unfortunately, I can't answer why those restrictions are in place... though I imagine it is to follow up on the pattern FAGE had with their class restrictions.

However, for my players, I have opened up most talents and specializations for all classes to allow for more character concepts... like a rhy-wolf expert guardian (one of my guests' PCs)

--

The Duelist specialization is not located in the Companion, but is in the FAGE Core book. Though, it is interesting that the FAC Duelist (NPC) is more of a Warrior-type despite the specialization being restricted to Experts/Rogues.

I suppose, then, that the restrictions do not matter too much if your players wanted to do that.

--

Any other questions, ask away.

Comment

Re: Duelist, Sharpshooter, and Outrider Classes Restrictions?

Any class restrictions you see are probably there for narrative reasons and not mechanic reasons. I have not come across anything in the books that warrant a class based talent constraint. "Armor Training" is the closest problem, but that is only because armor values in AGE are too damn high.
      [URL="http://herdingdice.tumblr.com/"]Herding Dice[/URL] - A tumblr where I put things about Adventure Game Engine design.

Comment

Working...
      X