Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 1.1

Hi folks

I just got an email about an update to the .pdf - apparently there's a version 1.1 to the Core Rulebook.

Does anyone know what was changed? My hard copy arrived today, and I was hoping to mark it up with the changes. Thanks!

Re: Version 1.1

Sure can! We've got a document compiled with all of the changes. Just need to get it up on our site and I'll post a link here to it.

Comment

I am a Blue Rose backer, and while I might have received a coupon to get the final version of Blue Rose at the Green Ronin Store, I probably never bothered to actually get it (by than, I had read the beta, and if memory serves, I decided that I'd just wait for the print edition for another read - I'm not really a pdf person ...).
      However, I'd like to get this updated version - so is there still a way for me to get it if I don't have the code that I probably received back then?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob Schmidt View Post
        I am a Blue Rose backer, and while I might have received a coupon to get the final version of Blue Rose at the Green Ronin Store, I probably never bothered to actually get it (by than, I had read the beta, and if memory serves, I decided that I'd just wait for the print edition for another read - I'm not really a pdf person ...).
        However, I'd like to get this updated version - so is there still a way for me to get it if I don't have the code that I probably received back then?
        You should try logging in to Backerkit, to see if it is still available to you there.
        ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

I'm a Kickstarter backer, but I haven't gotten notice that the PDF was updated (glad I stopped by) or how to get it.

Comment

How can one tell if their Backerkit copy is indeed the updated one?
            [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
            [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Hey everyone. The URL to the compiled Errata (it is listed as v.1.0 because it is errata for the core rulebook v1.0) can be found here.

I'm looking into the Backerkit question. Do keep in mind, however, that Green Ronin is about to be traveling to a retreat for our annual Summit, so it may take a bit to get some answers and actions: lots of us are quite busy prepping for the Summit. Thanks for your patience!

Comment

^_^ I know... editing is hard. But I'm very amused by one of the errata headings:
                P.3: Table of Contents, under “Chaper 7”:
                Change “Pirates Isles” to “Pirate Isles”
                [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
                [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

I downloaded the backer file today and checked - it's definitely still Version 1.0, can't find any of the changes from the errata document.

Comment

Any news?

Oh, on a related note, just bought a hardcopy of "Aldis: City of the Blue Rose" and what did I encounter during the first minute of reading the book (in the index of all places)? A typo (The HiIgh Ward). Hmmm... Stuff like that touches a special nerve on me. I have done layouts (for print also), copywriting and quite a bit of proofreading during my career as a designer, thus, I can't help but notice stuff like that at a glance. Just found it kind of... well, let's say funny because the alternative is sad.

Disclaimer: None of this will detract from the playing or running the game or diminish the pleasure of owning the KS Special edition and other physical Blue Rose books. It is just my personal and professional pet peeve.

Comment

*goes and checks the mailbox* aww
                      Running: Blue Rose AGE (Cat's Cradle) Blue Rose AGE (Big Damn Heroes)
                      "That Queer Goth Chick." "You are going to have to be more specific"

Comment

Originally posted by dhruan View Post
                        I have done layouts (for print also), copywriting and quite a bit of proofreading during my career as a designer, thus, I can't help but notice stuff like that at a glance.
                        If that's true, then you certainly are aware of just how many mistakes are caught by developers, editors, and proofreaders for every one that does manage to slip through. Thanks for the pointer, though. I've added it to my list of errata to be implemented for Aldis down the road.

I'll look into the Backerkit PDFs, y'all. Thanks for the reminder.
                        Last edited by Carriker; 09-25-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carriker View Post
                          If that's true, then you certainly are aware of just how many mistakes are caught by developers, editors, and proofreaders for every one that does manage to slip through. Thanks for the pointer, though. I've added it to my list of errata to be implemented for Aldis down the road.

I'll look into the Backerkit PDFs, y'all. Thanks for the reminder.
                          Now now, my point was not to diminish or downplay the hard work you all do (yes, I have been there myself before). For that you have my thanks and support (and my money).

That said, I do still reserve the right to comment (as we all should, within reason). What is debatable though is if this forum is the right one for such endeavors and on that note, is there an email address where I could send any such comments in the future? Would not mind helping as I am currently in the process of reading this fine tome about the grand city of Aldis.

Comment

Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post
                            *goes and checks the mailbox* aww
                            I just received my hard copy in the mail... so people should be getting them soon.

My fiance is making a character for a solo campaign who grew up in the city so this is perfect.

Comment

Yes mine was yesterday I am quite pleased.
                              Running: Blue Rose AGE (Cat's Cradle) Blue Rose AGE (Big Damn Heroes)
                              "That Queer Goth Chick." "You are going to have to be more specific"

Comment

Working...
                              X