Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone read any of the Tales of Blue Rose short stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone read any of the Tales of Blue Rose short stories?

Just curious to see what people thought of the stories.

I am currently putting money aside for the City of Aldis book+pdf and was thinking of getting the short stories as well.

Thanks!

Re: Has anyone read any of the Tales of Blue Rose short stories?

I read "Of Shadow and Light" and really enjoyed it, but I like stories about queer women. Still, it was a good story regardless, and I wanted to see more with the protagonists.
    Running: Blue Rose AGE (Cat's Cradle) Blue Rose AGE (Big Damn Heroes)
    "That Queer Goth Chick." "You are going to have to be more specific"

Comment

I read the first one with the Silence theif and the Jarzon knight fighting a shadowspawn. It wa super fun!
      If you enjoy the AGE system you might enjoy our podcast, The Adventure Game Engine Interest Series (The AGEIS)! Formerly known as the Wonders of Thedas, we talk about all iterations of the AGE system from Dragon Age to the Expanse! We do actual plays as well as discussion episodes where we take listener questions, feature fan creations, and share news about the AGE systems! Step through the portals to see the many worlds they hide!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter, listen to us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, and other places you get podcasts! You can contact us through our social media, Soundcloud, or by emailing us at ageipodcast@gmail.com !

Comment

I've read all of them, and found them delightful, although not being as familiar with the canon as I'd like, a bit more exposition would have been nice.

Comment

I read "The Cutpurse with his Trousers Down" - a really accomplished, funny story with some well-done slapstick elements and a few nods towards Jack Vance, I'd wager ... I can really recommend that one, it certainly has the "romance" element you would expect, and it's really fun how the narrator manages to look like a total jerk, but still earns some sympathy ...

I also read parts of the "Shadowtide" prologue from "Offerings", but didn't get into it. To be honest, it felt like it needed another editing pass - on the first page alone, a lot of stuff feels redundant, like we're constantly told that the protagonist "feels that something is like something else", when it is already totally clear that his feelings are described. I guess I'll still get the novel and hope that they did some more work on it.

Comment

Working...
          X