• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The threat that still remains|DAI:Inquisition

ARKEN HAWKE, Male Human Knight-Enchanter
    &
    SERA, Female Elf Tempest-Rogue

Arken regarded the newcomer. Fereldans, he thought to himself. So uncouth. He side-stepped another charging Qunari and tripped the horned creature onto the ground, and without hesitation, plunged the purple blade of his magical sword into its chest, made a small twist to enlarge the wound, and then withdrew his blade. "Nothing out of the ordinary, Serah Howell," Arken replied. "Why, with the sun above the horizon and not a cloud in the sky, I'd say this is another fine day in the life of the Inquisition."

Even as Arken dismissed his Spirit Blade with a flourish and replaced his arcane rod into his walking stick, two arrows flew past him, plunging deep into the chests of the two remaining Qunari. "Indeed it is, Kenny," Sera agreed, walking up to Arken as she slung her compound bow across her torso. "Oh, look at you two," she said adoringly, "Li'l Hope and Kenny Baby, all grown up! Why, you were wee lambs when I last was here" With lightning speed that none was able to catch, Sera had her hands on Arken's face, and began kneading and pulling his cheeks.

Arken hated being called 'Kenny', and he valued his face too much to enjoy getting his cheeks pinched and twisted. "Look who it is, Hope. It's Aunt Sera." Arken stressed on the word, and smiled when he detected a faint dampening of Sera's jovial mood. "It is such a pleasure to have you here. I wish you would've paid us a visit at a more... convenient time, but you are nevertheless most welcome here." He quickly surveyed the surroundings, and then turned to Hope. "The courtyard is secure, Inquisitor. Of the Qunari at the shore, I would not pay another mind. Lady Cassandra is most thorough with her work, as you may very well know."

Comment

----------------
      Hope Smith to Sera
      ----------------
      Hope laughed a little at Sera and remembered her from her childhood. She was friends with her mother and sometimes when she was a kid. She would ask questions about her mom to her. "Hello Sera" said with a smile. She was always fun to be around. She liked her sense of humor. It also didn't bother her that Sera was a lesbian. She accepted everyone who they are.

------------------
      Hope Smith to Arken
      ------------------
      She turned to Arken and nodded but she did feel a little guilt for not helping Cassandra. She hopes they will be okay and nobody gets hurt badly. "Okay, now where do we put that one eyed Qunari?" as she looked over to the unconscious Iron Bull. "Who is he? and why did he hesitate when he was ordered to attack?" Question filled up her mind about him.

---------------
      Iron Bull
      --------------
      Continues to dream unconscious.

Originally posted by TheGreyWulf
      "My people don't pick leaders from the strongest, or the smartest, or even the most talented. We pick the ones willing to make the hard decisions... and live with the consequences."

Comment

Gaylorn Shadogast Templar
        Southern Shore Of the Waking Sea,Near Skyhold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Having been one of the Soldiers near where Cassandra had Mobilized at the Castle,Gaylorn had to help,regardless of if they needed an Ex-Templar or not.
        Swining his sword downward,he cleaved the Hand off of a Qunari Archer that had tried to take a shot causing said Qunari to stumble backwards cursing.Quickly getting off his Horse,Gaylorn chanted quietly to himself,gathering his Arcane Energy so he could Improve his sword...
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Valerous Howell Fereldan Champion
        Skyhold Courtyard

Begrudingly Helping the Tevinter Mage to his Feet,Velerous said to the Inquisitor
        If you want,we can Mobilize the Rest of the Guard and Go Aid Cassandra,Milady.I’ll lead the Charge Personally...”
        Danarius Vakhan Tevinter Blood Mage
        Skyhold Courtyard

Giving a Bemused Grin at the Fereldan for helping him stand,Danarius said to Hope
        I happen to agree with Master Hawke on this,suprisingly:Lady Cassandra should easily be able to handle that rabble without their Commander around..”

Nugging Iron Bull with the toe of his shoe,Danarius said
        As for this one,we should toss him in the Dungeon for Shaddus to Interrogate so we can find out what’s Really at play here..”
        He,for one,was rather Curious as to why the Qunari of all People would try to Kidnap the Inquisitor AFTER they Threated her...
        Originally posted by Bladewind
        Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

Comment

&

A guard finally arrived, and Arken motioned for manacles. He then personally secured both of the gigantic Qunari's hands behind his back. Dear Andraste, he practically screamed in his mind. Each arm weighs like an entire person! He tested the manacles, fearing that they would do little to hinder the Iron Bull should he ever decide to break out of them. He motioned for the guard to secure Iron Bull's gigantic axe, and could barely contain his laughter in seeing the guard struggle in moving the weapon, as if he were dragging a dead horse.

As he stood up gracefully and purposefully like a panther lazily stretching its back, Arken turned toward Sera. The blonde elf was looking quizzically at Hope, and Arken had a fairly good idea of what was running in her pretty head. Before he could give her a quiet hint, Sera's tactlessness burst forth like an angry geyser.

"That one-eyed Qunari? Toss 'im in the dungeon?" Sera said exasperatedly, her eyes wide and her hands on her hips. "Don't take this the wrong way - yeah? - but what's your beef with your dad?"

Arken held a hand to his face as he let out a tired sigh. "Well, that just happened," he muttered under his breath. "This ought to be a very interesting day."
          Last edited by TheGreyWulf; 01-15-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

--------------------
            Hope to Valerous
            --------------------
            She thought about it for a few minutes. "I think Cassandra can take care of the rest" Hoping Arken is right about Cassandra managing to defeat the army outside Skyhold.

--------------------
            Hope to Danerius
            --------------------
            She nodded in agreement. "Alright. Sounds like a good idea". She thinks about how secure he would be in the dungeon for the time being.

--------------------
            Hope to Arken
            --------------------
            Taking a bit of humor in as guards try to lift Iron Bull up. "He pretty big guy. I suspect we need a lot of muscles to drag him" As she was joking with Arken. She looked at him and whispered "What do you think about all of this?" but until Sera mentioned that Iron Bull was her father. She didn't know how to react to that.

---------------------
            Hope to Sera
            -------------------
            With the sudden shock she unintentionally grabbed Arken wrist. She didn't know what to say or do. "M-my father?" She knew her dad was obviously the father but she never figured that she would him in anytime soon or ever see him. "What do you mean? What? I-I don't even...." Tears almost ran down her face of how much she was in shock. Still holding onto Arken wrist. She took a breath and tried to relaxed switch was proven difficult. "So, you know this guy?" She asked Sera. "He was attacking us and he was the only one who has a lead...." Almost bringing down in tears. "I never thought he was my biological father".

Originally posted by TheGreyWulf
            Originally posted by MacynSnow
            "My people don't pick leaders from the strongest, or the smartest, or even the most talented. We pick the ones willing to make the hard decisions... and live with the consequences."

Comment

Gaylorn Shaodwgast Templar
              Southern Shore of the Waking Sea,Near Skyhold

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sword suddenly lit aflame,Gaylorn swung his enchanted blade,slaying another Qunari as Cassandra and the rest of the Inquisition guard forced the Qunari back onto the Boat.Panting Heavily from Exertian he asked the Commander
              What now?We can’t just leave them there,Prowling around like Buzzards around a Corpse..”
              He winced as he said it,looking at the Bodies of some of his Fallen Comrads…
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              and
              Skyhold Courtyard
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              To say the two…Amicable Foes were shocked was an Understatement.Valerous had his Mouth Practically in the yard,while Danarius had an Eyebrow Raised.Quickly taking charge(and getting over his Shock a Little Faster than the others),Danarius said
              As much as it pain’s me to say this,but we need a new Plan: Serah Howell(He points a Gloved hand towards Valerous),you and a couple of the Guards take him to an Upstairs Room and Chain Him to the Bed with two guards posted outside AT ALL TIMES until the Inquisitor say’s otherwise.Arken,I suggest you get our Lady Inquisitor somewhere so she can calm down.And YOU(points a Finger at Sera)will be coming with me into the Hall so you can tell us EXACTLY how you know that…”

Coming out of his stupor,Valerous nods and Motioning for a Couple of Guards to help him,Starts to cart the Massive Qunari towards the Stairs leading up to the Rooms,muttering his Breath as he does
              "Much rather Arken gave that order instead of the Damned Blood Mage..."

Comment

Arken bit back a cry of pain as Hope tightened her grip on his wrist. While he felt her weakness at this moment, he now felt more her Qunari strength. He cast a quick, stern glance at Sera, silently berating her for that slip up.

He knew that Iron Bull was Hope's father. Sera had been showing him the ropes on how to sneak around Skyhold that day several years ago when they'd stumbled upon a very hushed meeting between the Inquisition's inner circle at the time - Leliana, Josephine Montilyet, Cassandra Pentaghast, Lady Vivienne, Solas, Varric Tethras, and the previous Inquisitor, then on her deathbed. Sera and Young Arken overheard the agreement among the inner circle to keep the truth of Hope's relation to Iron Bull a secret, and the two had agreed to keep the secret as well. It's just that Sera's tongue was a lot faster than her brain.

Moving her hand from his wrist to his hand, Arken started guiding the visibly-shaken Inquisitor toward the Throne Room. "Let us be away, Hope," he whispered, gently guiding her with her hand in his and his other hand on her elbow. "When we have all settled down, we shall discuss the matter further. At the meantime, I think you should let it all sink in."

The deep crimson blush that came on Sera was visibly obvious on her usually-pale skin. "Umm, I should not have said that," she apologized sheepishly. "Sorry."

Then, he turned to the bossy Tevinter mage. "You better hold that tongue back a bit more, yeah, before I shoot it out of your mouth," she snapped back in her unique mix of anger and childishness. "I've been part of the Inquisition longer than you've been alive, so you don't get to order me around. That also means I get to know more, and you get to know shite! Once you get that into your noggin, and you think you still need to talk to me, find me at Herald's Rest. If you can."

She started skipping along toward the tavern. "Oh, and I wouldn't chain Bull down, though. More likely to put him in a sour mood than really tie him down. Your best bet would be to get Miss Pentaghast up here real quick. Oh, and your secrety boss might want to hear of this too - that is, if she hadn't already." And then she was off to the tavern.

Comment

--------------------------------
                  Hope Smith in Throne room
                  --------------------------------
                  Hope sat down at the table that was near the throne. Her head fell into her hands in disbelieve. "Ho-how? why? why didn't anyone tell me this?" speaking to Arken. She found comfort of Arken presence. She looked at Arken "did you know?" She was also curious to wanting more information on the iron bull.

--------------
                  Iron Bull
                  ------------
                  Slowly waking up from his unconscious state and seen him in a empty room. He recognized the room and wondered why they didn't put him in the dungeon. "mmmm..." He heard a familiar voice outside the room. He smirked "eh Sera.." as he was joking to himself. He felt sore but he knew he would live from the attack.
                  Last edited by IronBull; 01-16-2016, 06:22 AM. Reason: adding sentence.

Comment

Throne Room, Skyhold

Arken waved to the guards for privacy. With curt, respectful nods, the guards exited the throne room, closing the doors behind them. He sat beside Hope, to her right, and reached out to hold her right hand. He began slowly and continuously tracing circles on her palm with her index finger, careful to look at her hand and not into her eyes. There was just too much pain, too much confusion in her eyes for him to bear looking into them.

"I'm sorry, but yes, I did know, Hope," he said, his voice almost a whisper. "The Grand Enchantress revealed this to me shortly after she had brought me here and we were first introduced. She had told me to not speak of it, however, for it was a family matter. Later, your mother explicitly ordered the truth about your father be kept a secret, and while Sera and I were... not part of that ceremony, we did overhear well enough to swear to keep the same secret."

He paused, and took a deep breath. "I know not why your mother would have this knowledge kept from you, and I have never been in any position to ask." He then looked up, and met her gaze with steely determination. "But now that it is revealed, know that I will walk with you wherever you wish to take this matter. My solemn vow of loyalty, the same one that I have given to you that day you arose to become Inquisitor, remains as strong and as resolute as first I had given it."

Iron Bull's Temporary Quarters, Skyhold

"Come now, boy," Sera complained at the guard stationed outside of Iron Bull's temporary quarters. "Just a peek. I'm not even gonna say 'Hi!'. Maybe I'll just draw stuff on his face, maybe an extra eye, yeah?"

"You will do no such thing," came a voice from the corridor, behind Sera. The young guard shuddered at the sound of the voice, and suddenly stiffened to attention. Sera sighed, being perfectly familiar with that voice.

"Cassie - I mean, Seeker Cassandra!" Sera turned to regard the briskly-walking Cassandra. Blood was on the Seeker's armor, although none of the blood seemed to be hers, and sweat matted her graying hair to her head. Although she looked tired, her stance was still straight and her strides very militaristic. "Why, you must be doing some serious exercise. You look quite fit for a woman your age!"

Comment

------------------------
                      Hope Smith to Arken
                      ------------------------
                      She looked at him as he told her that he knew and how he promised to keep it a secret. She felt a little upset with him for not telling but she understood why. She won't let it bother her or how she feels towards him. He been the closes friend growing up with her. She won't know what to do without him and he ever died on her. She would freak out and probably go into a depression.

She smiled "well, thanks for your support Arken. What else are you hiding from me that you promised my mother?" Hoping he knew more. She started to think about her mother and what she did. She wondered about how she feels towards Iron Bull, how she felt towards her.

Looking down and away from him. "Why did this happen to me? Why did she have to die?" Feeling upset again but passed few minutes later. She inhaled and took a breath "Shall we face this guy?" as she was referring to Iron Bull. For some odd reason she wished Denarius was also in the room with them but didn't mentioned it or admitted to it to Arken.

-----------
                      Iron Bull
                      -----------
                      He smiled as he heard the conversation between her and Cassandra. "Hello" he said loudly enough so they can hear him. He was curious how they look now. He suspected they would actually hate him for what he did. He also was curious where his ex lover was. He waits for anyone to come in.

Comment

Skyhold Throneroom

Having Begrudggingly allowing Red Jenny(He personally refused to call the Elf Sera until he felt he could trust her),Danarius Figured he had given Arken more than enough time to calm their Lady Inquisitor Down and walked into the Throneroom(having knocked on the doorframe just to be polite),saying as he did so
                        My Apologies if I’m disturbing anything Master Hawk…Lady Hope,but we need to see to our “Unique Guest”.I,for one,would like to know why they went from Threat to action not more than a day AFTER their letter came..."
                        Gaylorn Shadowgast Templar
                        Garden Grounds.Skyhold

Coming in covered in blood,Gaylorn Placed his sword*Shield up against the Garden Entrance and set down in a Nearby Bench.Taking off his gauntlet’s,he ran a hand through his Sandy-Blonde hair thimking as he did
                        What in the maker’s name is going on?First we have to deal with the remnents of those Renegade Templar’s ,now this..
                        Iron Bull’s Temporary Quarter’s,Skyhold

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Giving a long suffering sigh,Valerous said to Sera
                        Lady Sera,for the ninth time,Myself and Gory ain’t about to let you or anyone other than the Inquisitor in here…”
                        Suddenly stiffening when he saw Lady Cassandra,the Fereldan aminded
                        “…Unless the Commander say’s otherwise!hehe?”
                        In all the time Valerous had been here,there was only 2 people he was afraid of:The Grey Warden Blackwall&Commander Pentagast.So,Blood Mage Order’s or not,he wasn’t about to pick a fight with his CO….
                        Last edited by MacynSnow; 01-19-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Arken stood up, and with a graceful flourish, helped Hope to her feet. "Splendid idea, Master Danarius. Since the Inquisitor seems ready for this meeting..." he paused and turned to Hope for confirmation. When she replied with a small nod, he continued, "Very well. Master Danarius, please lead the way."

Reflexively, Arken's grip tightened around his walking stick, which held his arcane rod. With the danger-filled events of the day, he was not about to let his guard down just yet.

The blonde elf winked at the guard as she strode into the room after Cassandra. "See? Told ya' I'm in with the big leagues 'round here. Now go defend the populace or keep the peace, yeah? Big dogs working here and all that."

She skipped into the room to find Cassandra having a stare-down contest with Iron Bull. Even seated at the edge of the bed, the gigantic Qunari had his eyes at the same height as the armor-clad Seeker's. While there seemed to be no violent intent in their silent exchange, Sera could still feel the tension in the room.

"Well, lookie here. Ain't this a nice li'l reunion? Maybe we should go hunting another dark lord, or something. Just for old times' sake." Despite her cheerful demeanor, Sera had her right hand only a couple of inches from her short sword, and her left hand behind the small of her back, a vial of her very own "flash-flask" ready in its grip. There was no telling what Iron Bull would do at that point, and Sera would rather be overcautious than dead.

Comment

---------------------
                            Hope Smith
                            ---------------------
                            As she agreed to meet up with the Iron she walked closely with Arken and Danerius. "This is going to be very awkward. Does he know?" but Iron is fully ignorant of him having a off spring. She kept on using breathing exercises to keep herself calmed down. She walks with both of them until they approached the door he was in.

-------------------
                            Iron Bull
                            -------------------
                            He smirked at them both and wasn't making any deadly threats at them. He remembers both of them perfectly. He looked at Cassandra "Like what you see?" as he was flurting with Cassandra. He looked at Sera "Some people never change. Hmmmm..." totally ignoring that he was bounded for a moment. "what is the business?" as he was studying them both tensely.

----------------
                            Hope Smith
                            ---------------
                            As the door approached she held the knob on the door before turning she looked at both Danerius and Arken and nodded to signal she was ready. She turned the knob and opened the door and seeing Sera, Cassandra, and Iron Bull. She notice him first and almost sweating. He was big and intimidating. "So, why were you guys after me?" as being as straight forward as possible. She sucked at investigating people but she will do her best to find answers.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBull View Post
                              ---------------------
                              Hope Smith
                              ---------------------
                              As she agreed to meet up with the Iron she walked closely with Arken and Danerius. "This is going to be very awkward. Does he know?" but Iron is fully ignorant of him having a off spring. She kept on using breathing exercises to keep herself calmed down. She walks with both of them until they approached the door he was in.

-------------------
                              Iron Bull
                              -------------------
                              He smirked at them both and wasn't making any deadly threats at them. He remembers both of them perfectly. He looked at Cassandra "Like what you see?" as he was flurting with Cassandra. He looked at Sera "Some people never change. Hmmmm..." totally ignoring that he was bounded for a moment. "what is the business?" as he was studying them both tensely.

----------------
                              Hope Smith
                              ---------------
                              As the door approached she held the knob on the door before turning she looked at both Danerius and Arken and nodded to signal she was ready. She turned the knob and opened the door and seeing Sera, Cassandra, and Iron Bull. She notice him first and almost sweating. He was big and intimidating. "So, why were you guys after me?" as being as straight forward as possible. She sucked at investigating people but she will do her best to find answers.
                              -------------------------------------------
                              Denarius Vakhan Tevinter Blood Mage
                              Iron Bull's Temporary Quarters,Skyhold

---------------------------------------------
                              As they were heading towards where Their "Unique" Prisoner was Placed,Denarius started thinking,Rubbing a Gloved hand across his Small Beard(Think of it like a Manchurian,only a little thiner).It Was an Intresting Questionid their Prisoner/Potential Ally Know of His Connection to Hope?And if so,Why the Ben-Hasarath Threat?
                              As the Trio made their way up the Stairs,He started Speaking his Thought out-loud,hopping that a Different Perspective might be Helpful
                              "It all Depends on the Circumstances,Milady: Does he KNOW your his Daughter and if so,WHY would he allow the Ben-Hasarath to Threaten your life?I feel the only way we may get our awnser's is to ask the Source ourselves..."

Opening the Door to The Qunari's "Quarters",Denarius nodded his Head respectfully towards Lady Cassandra(He had a great deal of Respect for her abilities)as he kept quiet when Hope asked her Question...

Comment

&

"Why are you after the Inquisitor?"
                                Cassandra demanded, her tone and stance meant to intimidate. "Speak, you overgrown beast, or I will cut out your tongue!"

Feeling more comfortable now with the relative calm in Iron Bull's demeanor, Sera walked up to the gigantic Qunari and sat beside him on the edge of the bed. "Oh, calm yerself, Cassie," Sera said playfully. "Old Bull o'er here probably just wanted to visit old Skyhold, an' probably pay his respects to the Inquisitor." She slapped Iron Bull playfully on the back. "Besides, if he wanted her dead, he'd not go through the trouble of having her shipped elsewhere."

"Nevertheless, he and his team trespassed upon Skyhold, and forcibly took the Inquisitor against her will," Arken replied to Sera. "As these crimes have been perpetrated within the jurisdiction of the Inquisition, our dearest Inquisitor has the power to pass judgment upon him, even at this very moment."

He then turned to Iron Bull. "If you have anything you wish to say in your defense, serah, the Inquisitor has deemed that this be the time to share it." While Arken could see that Iron Bull was transfixed on Hope's face - probably recognizing features she'd inherited from her mother - he was not going to take chances with such a powerful warrior in close quarters. He secretly charged a shielding spell so that he can instantly conjure it to protect Hope should the situation go out of hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X