Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Titansgrave: Nestora by Night [Recruiting]

Originally posted by cherrick View Post
    I would totally be down with that. Just let us know, maybe start a new topic for it.
    Let's be Fair&give the Guy that Started this(Starts to think Real Hard,Burst's Blood Vein,get's rushed to the Hospital&saved,then suddenly returns to Forum)...About another Week before we Mutiny(Basically the Labor Day week).Sound fair to Everybody?
    Originally posted by Bladewind
    Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

Comment

I think that is reasonable.
      If someone didn't cry you weren't playing with family!

Two wrongs don't make a right but, three rights make a left.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayneric View Post
        I think that is reasonable.
        Just in case I'm the one Running this "Dog&Ogre Show";Anybody have any Ideas on Group Links?

Comment

Intresting Note:I got Together All of the People that were Intrested in this Characters,and it Show's a Really Intresting Group make-Up(1 Oother person was Intrested,but set it up in a Different Topic by accident).So here,For your Viewing Pleasure,are The Nestore Knights!:
          Name: Xir Nef Race: Half-Elf Background: Middle – Merchant Class: Mage
          Accuracy: 1(Brawling) Communication:2(Persuasion-Deception) Constitution: 1 Dexterity: 3 Fighting: 0 Intelligence:2 Perception:2(Seeing) Strength:1 Willpower:1 Health: 25 Defense: 13 Speed: 15 Armor Rating:0 Magic Points: 12 Spellpower: 14
          Languages: Common, Elven Weapon Groups: Brawling, Staves
          Talents: Dark Sight(20yrds.), Arcane Blast(+1:1D6+1),Chirurgy(Novice),Lightning Arcana(Novice), Shadow Arcana(Novice)
          Equipment: Backpack, traveller's garb, waterskin, gauntlet (arcane device=+3:1D6-3+1),Quarterstaff(+1:1D6+1).
          Backstory:It is said that what doesn't kill you, will make you stronger and that those in cryo-sleep feel like time is standing still in a peaceful dream. The people that say that were as intelligence as a sewer jackal. Shinrya Fenrix should never have been born but the years to come after the Chaos War weren't easy for him or his family. There were many secrets that came about from that time and he ended up being one of them. It wasn't that he was special, it was more like he was a mistake although he never really knew to whom. In another time and place his, birth in a time of destruction could have been a sign of hope. For many he was simply a reminder of what was lost. It didn't help he was buried in a research lab, put on cryo because it wasn't safe nor was it a world to raise a child. It was done to protect him, at least that is what he has always been told. He never could shake the night terrors properly, no one should have had to deal with that, let alone a child. There is nothing peaceful about a cold sleep. You feel the cold, darkness creeping surrounding you, then there is the whispering while you can't do anything as you scream inside your head. The fact that he wasn't driven insane is a miracle of science, although he still says he was driven crazy. That was what he said when he put Zev in the hospital. When he was awoken he grew up and was raised in Vorakis. Every week the family would get together to talk about how important their bloodline was, they would recite the history so everyone would always remember. It wasn't too bad and for awhile it felt like home but that wasn't meant to last. He was raised by the elves but he wasn't one of them, although they mostly treated him like family, he was still a half-breed. Anyone who knew him when he was younger and growing up would never recognize him now. Other than hate, scorn of those around him, he learned how to brawl. It wasn't brawling per chance, it was more scrapping, he wasn't about to take being kicked while on the ground lightly. That in itself is funny when you consider that he isn't a fighter of any sort. He had to learn how to survive. If learning to scrap wasn't a good thing, the first good thing that came of anything was that he made his first friend back then. Xalia was a kind elf, she wasn't related to him but she was often the one who would bandage him up after a rough day. It probably helped that she thought she was beautiful but she always said he was too old for him. It was from her he learned how to properly treat his wounds, although sometimes he did wish he was left alone to bleed out. It wasn't that he chose to stay living there, he did try to run away many times. Each time Lyria Fenrix would find him hiding and drag him back home. He didn't know who she was back then. It wasn't until later that he would really appreciate her ability as an engineer, her great business sense and her loyalty to her family. He was part of her family but he always felt like he was letting her down and he never understood why. He never understood when she looked at him with those sad eyes why it made him like he was reminding her of something both sad and happy. If he couldn't fight his way out, he definitely knew how to talk his way through things. He could become very persuasive and deceptive if needed. It wasn't that he was trying to deceive people to cheat them, he just wanted to either be left alone or given a chance to prove himself. It was never going to happen, he just wasn't family and he grew tired of trying to run away. It wasn't his fault that the lab blew up. He had no idea who or what the thieves wanted but it was trashed pretty bad. He was supposed to meet Lyria there to talk about his apprenticeship to a mage she knew. He tried to stop them but he was a scrapper, not a fighter. The lab blew up and it seemed like a perfect opportunity to finally vanish. Shinrya Fenrix died that night. He thought he did it well enough, no one should have been able to tell that he had survived. As usual Lyria was always two steps ahead of him but he would never know that. It seemed it was time to let go and time for him to grow up. Why he chose his name he doesn't know, just thinking about it would make him angry. It wasn't even an intelligent choice, just another example of how he would let down the family. He couldn't completely abandon his name though, strangely he felt a fondness sometimes when he would hear Xir Nef. It reminded him of the shop.

Name: Savrrok Ocherfang Race: Saurian Background: Noble Class: Warrior
          Accuracy: +1 Communication: 0(Etiquette) Constitution:+1(Stamina) Dexterity: +1 Fighting: +2 Intelligence: +1(Engineering-Scientific Lore) Perception: +2 Strength: +3 Willpower: 0 Health: 36 Defense: 11 Speed: 11 Armor Rating:3
          Languages: Common, Saurian Weapon Groups: Axes, Blaster longarms, Blaster pistols, Brawling, Heavy blades
          Talents: Armor (Novice), Single weapon style (Novice), Two hander style (Novice)
          Equipment: Backpack, Cybernetic arm, 3 Fulgin-M batteries, Light blaster pistol(+1:1D6+3),Scout armor, Traveller's garb, Two-handed sword(+2:2D6+3),Waterskin
          Backstory: A native of Karros, son to a trusted Ghost family, Savrrok spent his youth tinkering and tooling in his workshop, especially with his friend Kaalith. That is, until one of his machines was discovered in the aftermath of a terrorist attack by the reformist group Amber Dawn. That brought the Emerald Golems down on their little workshop. Kaalith revealed that she was a member of Amber Dawn, and in the ensuing escape attempt Savrrok was caught in an explosion that cost him an arm. Despite the fact he was not even aware of his involvement, the Triumvirate showed no mercy and exiled him from the city. Now harbouring a deep resentment for his Golem oppressors, he longs for the day he can return home and see his family again. The fate of his friend remains a mystery.

Name: Arjuno Dishnu Race: Elf Background: Official Class: Rogue
          Accuracy: +4 Communication:+1(Persuasion) Constitution: +1 Dexterity: +3 (Initiative) Fighting: +0 Intelligence: +0 Perception: +2 (Seeing)
          Strength: +1 Willpower: 0 Health: 28 Defense: 13 Speed: 15 Armor Rating: 4
          Languages: Common, Elven Talents: scouting (Novice) Weapon Groups: Blaster longarms&Pistols, Brawling, Lt. blades, Staves
          Equipment: Backpack, 13 Fulgin M batteries, Blaster Rifle, Flint & Steel, Lock pick, Scout armor, Short sword, Traveller's garb, Waterskin,49 silver pieces,Blaster Rifle(+4: 3/4d6),Short Sword (+0:1d6+3)
          Backstory: Raised in Nestora to a family of hunters Anjuno decided early on that wasn't the life for him. He started working for the Mercenaries Guild early in life and has spent many moving up the business side of the guild. He became an official in the negotiation and contracts section of the Guild and was making good money and gaining power when a rival official ,Duryo, framed him for taking bribes from those he was negotiating with. He was thrown out of the Guild and now seeks revenge and hopes to regain his position in the Guild. Having grown up hunting Arjuno is very good with his rifle which was a custom made gift given to him by his family when he was accepted into the the Guild. It has beautiful carvings in the stock of a four armed god shooting a silver bow and the barrel is black with silver inlay, it is his most prized possession.

Name: Zara Nightbrook Race: Human Class: Mage Background: Apprentice (Upper Class)
          Accuracy: 1 Communication: 1(Deception) Constitution: 1 Dexterity: 1 Fighting: 0 Intelligence: 4(Scientific Lore-Arcane Lore) Perception: 1 Strength: 0 Willpower: 3 Health: 27 Magic Points: 19 Speed: 11 Defense: 11 Armor Rating: 3
          Languages: Common Weapon Groups: Brawling, Staffs
          Class Abilities: Arcane Blast(+1:1D6+3)-Magical Training-Magic Points
          Talents: Lore (Novice)-Shadow Arcana (Novice)- Fate Arcana (Novice)
          Spells: Shadow Dagger (3 MP), Shadow's Embrace (4 MP), Hands of Fate (4 MP), Puppets of Fate (6 MP)
          Equipment: Backpack, 3 Fulgin M Batteries, Quarter Staff (Arcane Device), Light Leather Armor (3 Armor), Black Robes, Dagger, Night Vision Mask, 2 Torches, Matches (40), 20 Silver Pieces.
          Backstory: Zara Nightbrook was born in the city of Nestora, the daughter of the prominent Nightbrook family. The Nightbrook family made its fortunes acting as diviners and skilled advisors for the guilds. In addition the family was also skilled at fate magic, using it to manipulate the odds, bringing fortune or misfortune at their will. Zara being born of a magical lineage was expected to follow the path of her parents and in the beginning proved herself to be keen of mind and sharp in wit. However one day while traveling home she was grabbed by one of the sewer dwelling beasts below the city. There she witnessed horrid and unspeakable terrors but was fortunate to escape only to get lost in the undercity. Lost she was forced to draw on the powers of shadow to survive and when she returned to the surface she was forever changed. No longer as naive about the world as she once was she became obsessed with research of the forces of Darkness and Chaos to know the power they possess. While her family tried to steer her back towards the study of divination and fate such things did not interest her as much as the knowledge of the deep dark. When she came of age she decided to leave Nestora and seek out knowledge and in the wider world and further discover the truth that lies within the ashes of Valkana.

Name: Bodag Rockhammer Race: Dwarf Background: Innkeeper Class: Warrior
          Accuracy: 0 Communication: +2 Constitution: +3(Drinking) Dexterity: 0 Fighting: +3 Intelligence: +2(Engineering) Perception: +1(Empathy) Strength: +3 Willpower: 0 Health: 39 Defense: 12(14 w/Shield) Speed: 10 Armor Rating:7
          Languages: Common, Dwarven Weapon Groups: Axes, Blaster pistols, Brawling, Bludgeons
          Talents: Armor (Novice), Weapon&Shield style (Novice), Unarmed style (Novice)
          Equipment: Backpack, 3 Fulgin M batteries, Light blaster pistol(+0:2D6+4Dmg.), HeavyMail armor,Medium Shield, Traveller's garb,Waterskin,Battleaxe(+3:2D6+3dmg.),4 Throwing Axes(+3:1D6+5Dmg.),Blaster Pistol(+0:1D6+2)
          Backstory: Bodag was born in the City of Nestora,Eldest Son of one of the Best Artifacts Guild Families(They also Doubled as The Guilds Caravan Guards).As Heir Apparent,he was all set to follow in his Father’s Footsteps when Tragedy Struck;An Attack by the Autonomus Front killed his Entire Family(It was Considered “Lucky” that he was out on the Outskirts at the Time on a Guard Detail)&an old Family Rival(Maynic Stonebones) magaged to somehow place all the Blame on the “Last Rockhammer”.Forced to live on the Outskirts,Bodag’s currently Employed as a Freelance Bouncer/Mercenary untill he Can Figure out how Maynic had his Family Killed(He refuses to believ the “Official” Report)…

Comment

I didn't post in the other thread by accident, that one was started earlier but didn't pan out so I just chose to preserve it there until I found one that achieved lift off.

Comment

Originally posted by Xynen View Post
              I didn't post in the other thread by accident, that one was started earlier but didn't pan out so I just chose to preserve it there until I found one that achieved lift off.
              My Bad,I Accidently Assumed(Due to what that might mean&who might be Reading,let's not go into the Rest of this Bad Pun)

Comment

Okay,I'm going to Start Running this Game On Monday(If we don't Hear anything From The Actual Gm By then) By Making my First Official GM Post(You'll be able to tell it's Official Game Info by me doing this with it,just without the Half Circles).I'll be Officially Responding on Monday,Wendsday,Friday&Saturday,so at Least have 1 Post up on those Day's,O.K.,gang?I only really have 2 Additional "Rules" Besides that:
                -When Talking in Character,Bold your words.that way there won't be any In/Out-Of-Character Mix-Ups(I can't tell you how many times I've used Player Comments at the Table to MY GM Advantage just by them not saying wether they or their Character Said it!)
                -Since I'm going off of Trust here,All you have to do for any Test's I need you to Make is Write down what your Numbers are(Like this,for Example:DEX+3,Acro Focus+2,Roll+9=14),This way I can see the Math&Know it's all Fair.

Does that Sound Fair to Everybody?

Comment

Sounds good to me. I might lay out my dice if I get a stunt like X,X,STUNT.

Comment

That sounds great. I haven't done a play by post before so I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

I am still interested in playing Zara Nightbrook if you'll have me. Looking forward to starting play.

Comment

Lady's&Gentelman,Boys&Girls,Children of all Ages,Fantasy AGE&Greed,Enterprises are proud to Present to you,The FIRST Enstallment of NESTORA-BY-KNIGHT!

[B]The Old Road Heading Along the Coastline of Nestora has Certainly seen better Days.With Ruts&small holes everywhere,it looks more like a Mini-War broke out along it's Length onlt Recently Instead of In the Past.To Make it even Worse(If that's even Possible to do),the Heavy Rainstorm that's been Strangly Moving Up&Down the Coast for the Last 3 Days doesn't seem to Like Any of You all all.After stepping into 1 Puddle up to your Calf too many,You spot,through the Solid Sheet of Rain an Almost Invisible Roadsign that Reads:
                        -[I]Town of Oakhurtz,1 mile[/I][/B]

I've kept the Direction your Heading Vague right now,due to the fact that I don't have the Titansgrave Map&I din't know whice way you guy's wanted to go.
                        So,Actions,comments,etc.(I go off the Higest Dex for Order-Of-Actions Outside of Combat,FYI)?

Comment

Originally posted by MacynSnow View Post
                          Lady's&Gentelman,Boys&Girls,Children of all Ages,Fantasy AGE&Greed,Enterprises are proud to Present to you,The FIRST Enstallment of NESTORA-BY-KNIGHT!

[B]The Old Road Heading Along the Coastline of Nestora has Certainly seen better Days.With Ruts&small holes everywhere,it looks more like a Mini-War broke out along it's Length onlt Recently Instead of In the Past.To Make it even Worse(If that's even Possible to do),the Heavy Rainstorm that's been Strangly Moving Up&Down the Coast for the Last 3 Days doesn't seem to Like Any of You all all.After stepping into 1 Puddle up to your Calf too many,You spot,through the Solid Sheet of Rain an Almost Invisible Roadsign that Reads:
                          -[I]Town of Oakhurtz,1 mile[/I][/B]

I've kept the Direction your Heading Vague right now,due to the fact that I don't have the Titansgrave Map&I din't know whice way you guy's wanted to go.
                          So,Actions,comments,etc.(I go off the Higest Dex for Order-Of-Actions Outside of Combat,FYI)?
                          Sorry 'bout the Way that looks up there,Me&Computers never seem get along on Monday's for some reason

Comment

as an OOC&General Note,I'm helping someone Make a Character for this who may Come in at a slightly Later Date(It's his First Time doing Both an RPG&PbP so I'm helping him out as my Good Neighbor-Itis Dictates).I'm also adding these Specializations &Arcana to the game,as I personally think the 12 Specs they Had&the 12 Arcana they have in the FAGE Book is a little Limiting.Just So you Know,I didn't come up with these,I want to use them in the game as I think it would be Intresting.So,Let me Know what you Guy's think(As you guy's are Playing in this,so your Oppinions Matter):

TECHNOMANCER Class: Mage Requirements: Intelligence 2 or more, and the Intelligence (Engineering or Scientific Lore) Focus
                            You have have studied how magic and technology on Valkana can be synthesized. You have taken this beyond the norms of other Mages and have found new and unique ways to combine technology and magic together.
                            Novice: You can use your magic to recharge batteries. You can recharge a spent battery at a cost of 1 charge for each MP spent.
                            Journeyman: Your knowledge of integrating magic and technology now allows you to imbue common technological items with magical enhancement. An imbued item has its Stunt die increased by one for all tests it is used in. This includes the general dice result, the degree of success and the generation of stunt points. Imbuing an item for one hour takes about 15 minutes and costs 5 MP. You can spend additional MP to increase the duration by one hour for each 5 MP spent in addition.
                            Master: To you Magic and Technology are one and the same. As a Major action, you can drain a battery of all its charges, turning it into a smoking paperweight in the process. For each two full charges left in the battery, you receive 1 MP and you suffer 1 point of penetrating damage.

ARCANE THIEF Class:Mage Requirements: Dexterity 2 or higher, Shadow Arcana (novice).
                            You turn the arcane arts to acts of subterfuge and trickery.
                            Novice: You gain the novice level in the talent Thievery. Whenever your class grants the ability to choose a new Magic Talent you may gain a degree in Thievery instead.
                            Journeyman: You learn the spell Magic Tools.
                            Master: You learn the spell Arcane Manipulation.
                            MAGIC TOOLS
                            Requirements:Arcane Thief (Journeyman) Spell Type:Enhancement MP Cost:3 Casting Time: Major Action TN:10 Test:None
                            You imbue a set of thieves tools or lockpicks with arcane power. These tools grant you a +2 bonus to your next Dexterity (Lockpicking) or Dexterity (Traps)* check. The spell last for up to 1 hour or until the tools are used.
                            ARCANE MANIPULATION
                            Requirements: Arcane Thief (Master) Spell Type: Utility MP Cost: 10 Casting Time: Major Action TN: 13 Test: None
                            You reach out with invisible tendrils of power to perform acts of legerdemain and larceny. Using your next Major Action you can perform a Dexterity (Legerdemain), Dexterity (Lock Picking) or Dexterity (Traps)* check on a target you can see within Intelligence plus Willpower yards. You must be able to see the target and maintain eye contact and concentration. For example if you are attacked while attempting to use Arcane Manipulation the spell ends and the check fails. Arcane Manipulation last for the duration of one Basic test or Opposed test. If used for an advanced test, Arcane Manipulation last until the Success Threshold is met or until one of the test fails, whichever comes first. Arcane Manipulation can be used more that once for a single Advanced test.

DEFILER Class:Mage Requirements:Intelligence 2+ and Constitution 2+ and the Power Arcana focus.
                            You can draw the life force of living things around you and power your spells. Basically creating a linked test to add power.
                            Novice: You can draw +1 damage to your target from plants and small critters — when you do this, they die. Costs 5 MP.
                            Journeyman: You can power your magic from sentient beings but it can't be that of your target for the other spell. Costs 5 MP and an additional 3 MP per victim beyond the first. You can include yourself. Victim takes 1D6 damage (damage 1-5 gives you +1, 6-8 gives you +2, and 9 gives +3).If there are no other people close by but you and your target you may use your own life force but at the price of 1D6+3 damage.
                            Master: You can chose to apply the plus bonuses on either the damage or on your test roll. Changing to the test roll ups the MP cost to 10.This also allows you to buy additional targets for SP instead of MP.

GIANT SLAYER Classes: Warrior. Requirements: You must have Strength and Dexterity 2 or higher, and Two-Hander Style (Novice).
                            You have Been Trained to Deal with the Larger Creatures that threaten you&Your Fellows
                            Novice: You know how to avoid the worst from brutish creatures. You receive a +2 to Defense against giants and giant-like creatures, such as ogres and trolls.
                            Journeyman: You know how to use the bulk of your opponents to your advantage. You receive a +1 bonus on all opposed ability tests against large creatures, such as giants or dragons, and can move through their space as if it were unoccupied for the purposes of determining Speed and movement.
                            Master: You can bring down even the biggest of foes. You can use the combat stunts Knock Prone and Skirmish against subjects that are normally immune.

RUNE WARRIOR Classes: Warrior Requirements: You must have Fighting and Willpower 2 or higher, and the Strength (Crafting) focus.
                            You were Trained to Combine the Devine Gift with Steel& Bone to make You even More Formidable
                            Novice: Your runes allow you to untap your magical potential. You gain a number of MP equal to 5 + Willpower. At each level, you gain your Willpower in MP, because you are primarily focused on combat. You are allowed to take magic talents which are normally restricted to mages.
                            You can also carve your personal rune on a weapon, designating it as your arcane device. You can spend 2 MP and an Activate action to treat the weapon as a magic weapon for 5 minutes.
                            Journeyman: You are accustomed to casting spells while in armor. You reduce the strain you suffer from wearing armor by 3.
                            Master: You can channel your some of your power through your runed weapon. As an Activate action, for every 2 MP you spend you add +1 penetrating damage to your next hit with your runed weapon. The maximum MP you can spend is equal to Willpower.

SKALD Classes: Rogue. Requirements: You must have Communication and Accuracy or Fighting 2 or higher, and Music (Novice).
                            You are the Keeper of the Next Generations Songs of Valor&Deed
                            Novice: Your songs inspire dread in your enemies and spirit in your allies. You can enter Skald Song mode with an Activate action. All allies or enemies within 12 yards that can both see and hear you are affected, and you must be able to speak. You begin knowing one song and learn more as you advance in level. You can only have one song active at a time. Changing songs requires you to leave Skald Song mode, which you can do as a free action.You can choose between two songs&gain 1 New Song at Journeyman&Master:
                            The Song of Heroes(Allies receive a +1 bonus to their Armor Rating)
                            The Dirge of Doom (Enemies suffer a –1 penalty to Defense)
                            The Song of Battle(Allies receive +1 Speed, or +2 Speed if he or she uses the Charge action.)
                            The Song of Discord (Enemies suffer a –1 penalty to all opposed ability tests)
                            Journeyman: You become accustomed to wearing mail. You ignore the Armor Penalty to Dexterity while wearing mail armor but still receive the penalty to Speed.
                            Master: You inspire your allies to rise again and learn the Song of Risen Legends. While active, you make a TN 17 Communication (Performance) ability test for every unconscious ally within range. If you succeed, your ally gains health equal to the Stunt Die + your Communication. Also, you learn the other song from among the Novice choices.

WITCH Classes: Mage. Requirements: You must have Perception and Willpower 2 or higher and the Intelligence (Natural Lore) focus.
                            Though Considered an Outcast By Others,you will still Aid those who you see Fit
                            Novice: You fix your foe the with an evil eye, making your spells more potent against him or her. Choose an enemy that you can see and place a Hex on him or her as an Activate action. While the Hex is in place, the subject suffers a –1 penalty on ability tests against your spells. However, all other enemies receive a +1 bonus on ability tests against your spells. A Hex lasts for the duration of the encounter and can not be changed once made.
                            Journeyman: You have a number of poultices, salves, herbs, and ointments that can soothe wounds. You and your allies regain +5 health while resting.
                            Master: Your gaze makes all who fall under it vulnerable to your power. You can place Hex on a number of targets equal to your Perception.

SORCERER Class: Mage Requirements: You must have Intelligence and Willpower 2 or higher and the Intelligence (Arcane Lore) focus.
                            Sorcerers are mages who have discovered way to open connections to the Void and draw on the raw powers of chaos to increase the potency of their spells.
                            Novice: You become able to draw on the chaos energies of the Void. As an Activate action you open yourself to the primordial chaos and all spells you are casting have their Spellpower increased by 2, but the MP cost of each spell also increased by 2 points. It takes another Active action to close the connection, but it automatically ends when you fall unconscious or die.
                            Journeyman: While you are using Chaos to empower your spells, the additional damage caused by the Mighty Spell and Lethal Spell stunts is penetrating damage.
                            Master: While casting spells under the effects of the Sorcerer talent, you generate 1 additional stunt point when casting spells.

COLD ARCANA
                            Ice and snow are at your command.
                            Novice: You learn the spells brittle and cold snap.
                            Journeyman: You learn the spell freezing fog. You also gain the focus Intelligence (Ice Arcana).
                            Master: You learn the spell ice barrage. You can also choose one spell stunt you can perform for –1 SP when casting Cold Arcana spells.

Brittle
                            Requirements: Cold Arcana (Novice) Spell Type: Utility MP Cost: 2-6 Casting Time: 1-3 rounds TN: 10 Test: Strength (Might) vs. TN
                            Your touch causes a hand-held object to become brittle and is easily broken. After the first round that the object is held, it can be shattered with a TN 11 Strength (Might) test. An object can be held for up to 3 rounds, with you spending 2 MP at the start of each turn and the target number being reduced by 2. If you have the Cold Arcana focus, you can cast brittle on an object or surface up to 2 yards across.

Cold Snap
                            Requirements: Cold Arcana (Novice) Spell Type: Attack MP Cost: 3 Casting Time: Major Action TN: 12 Test: Constitution (Stamina) test vs.Spellpower
                            You cause a cloud of frost and ice to coalesce around a visible target within 20 yards of you that lasts a number of rounds equal to your Willpower. The round you cast it, cold snap inflicts 1d6 penetrating damage. While the spell is in effect, the target must make a Constitution (Stamina) test vs. your Spellpower at the start of each of his or her turns. If successful, the spell ends. If the test is failed, the target takes 1d6 penetrating damage and suffers a cumulative –2 penalty to Speed. Those killed by cold snap are frozen solid.

Freezing Fog
                            Requirements: Cold Arcana (Journeyman) Spell Type: Utility MP Cost: 6 Casting Time: Major Action TN: 13 Test: Dexterity (Acrobatics)test vs.Spellpower
                            You create a heavy, cold mist that freezes the ground in an area up to 10 yards in diameter anywhere within 30 yards of you. Anyone within the freezing fog when it is cast, anyone entering the area, and anyone who moves within the area must make a successful Dexterity (Acrobatics) test against your Spellpower or fall prone at each of those times, as they apply. Prone characters may crawl normally. All melee attacks made into or from the freezing fog suffer a –2 penalty, all such ranged attacks suffer a –5 penalty.

Ice Barrage
                            Requirements: Cold Arcana (Master) Spell Type: Attack MP Cost: 11 Casting Time: Major Action TN: 15 Test: Constitution (Stamina) vs. Spellpower
                            You launch a hail of ice shards and freezing air from your outstretched hands that is 2 yards wide and 8 yards long. Anyone caught in the blast suffers 2d6 + Willpower penetrating damage and a –10 penalty to Speed for a number of rounds equal to half your Willpower. Subjects who make a successful Constitution (Stamina) test vs. your Spellpower only suffer 1d6 + Willpower penetrating damage and a –5 penalty to their Speed for the same duration.

NECROMANCY ARCANA
                            You can pierce the veil between the land of the living and the realm of death.
                            Novice: You learn the spells Voices of the Dead and Death Ward.
                            Journeyman: You learn the spell Unbinding. You also gain the focus Intelligence (Necromancy Arcana).
                            Master: You learn the spell Animate Corpse. You can also choose one spell stunt you can perform for –1 SP when casting Necromancy Arcana spells.

VOICES OF THE DEAD
                            Requirements:Necromancy Arcana (Novice) Spell Type:Utility MP Cost:4 Casting Time:1 minute TN:13 Test:Willpower (Self-Discipline) vs. Spellpower
                            You can contact a dead soul and question it. There is no language barrier, but the creature must have been sentient in life. You can ask up to three questions, but the spell fades after one minute. The soul can attempt to resist answering at any point in the process, but only once. A success means it breaks contact without answering any further questions. If you have a piece of the departed's remains (bone, hair, etc.), your spellpower is effectively at +2. The soul can only speak to what it knew in life. It's answers may be incorrect (telling what it believes to be true) but it cannot lie.

DEATH WARD
                            Requirements:Necromancy Arcana (Novice) Spell Type: Defense MP Cost: 4 Casting Time: Major Action TN:10 Test:Willpower (Courage) vs. Spellpower
                            You can create a shield of energy, centered on one person, that holds back the undead, corporeal or otherwise. Spectres, walking dead, and similar creatures must succeed in a Willpower (Courage) or be held back a distance of 2 yards from the target of the spell. The ward does not prevent weapons or magical attacks from getting through (e.g. a spectre's shriek). The spell lasts until the end of the encounter, but if the warded character attacks the undead (magically or otherwise), the spell ends.

UNBINDING
                            Requirements:Necromancy Arcana (Journeyman) Spell Type:Attack MP Cost:8 Casting Time: Major Action TN:14 Test:Constitution (Stamina) vs. Spellpower
                            A sphere of disruptive energy bursts out from your location in a 10 yard radius. Any undead in the affected area (including flying or underground) take 2d6+1 penetrating damage, a successful CON test reduces the damage to 1d6+1 penetrating.

ANIMATE CORPSE
                            Requirements: Necromancy Arcana (Master) Spell Type: Utility MP Cost: 10 Casting Time: 1 minute TN: 15 Test: none
                            You can create a Walking Dead minion (see FAB p. 113). It becomes either a skeleton or zombie, depending on the state of the body. The spell animates one cadaver for each casting, but it can be cast multiple times. The body must be within 10 yards of the caster. The undead will obey your mental commands for 1 hour, or until the next sunrise (whichever comes first).

Comment

"I think the best plan it to get to Oakhurts and see if we can find some lodgings with a roof a fire and somewhere to dry off. I'm tired of the wet nasty feeling and am ready to shoot the first person that gets in my way of a warm dry fire!"

Also I have the map on PDF. If you have ordered anything I could email it to you so you have a reference until yours arrives.
                              Last edited by Mayneric; 09-15-2015, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Zara Nightbrook walks through the rain with her traveling companions the hood of her black robes obscuring her face and water running down her robes. She looks at the sign of the town and then stares up into the sky into the rain letting it fall across her face for a moment before turning a gaze back to the party and saying to them,

"The oppressive weather is unseasonable for this time of year. The storm acts in an irratic manor. I sense the influence of Chaos upon the world."

She nods sagely from this assessment and then continues, "Prudence would suggest that we seek shelter lest we risk the storm further hamper our progress. I do agree that we will continue onto Oakhurtz and find an inn."

Comment

Working...
                                X