Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Coming May 2018] Authentic Heroines Campaign Setting(s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Coming May 2018] Authentic Heroines Campaign Setting(s)

The World's Mightiest Heroines!

Authentic Heroines is a unique, stand-alone superhero setting featuring the wonders and mystery of the Authentic Universe - a world that evolved in such a way that all of the setting's iconic and most powerful superheroes are women.

Authentic Heroines: The Guide To Solar Woman

Available for Pre-Order (Release Date: May 30)

Authentic Heroines: The Guide to Solar Woman brings new characters and settings to the Third Edition of the World's Greatest Superhero RPG, Mutants & Masterminds!

This book introduces Solar Woman, the most powerful superheroine in the Authentic Universe, and includes full details and character write-ups for her allies, supporting cast, and enemies, along with the complete and fully-comprehensive setting of Empire City, as well as several adventures primarily designed for one player and a GM (though details will be provided to include more players).

Within these pages, you will discover:
    • The Secret Origin of Solar Woman, a heroine known to the world fifteen years earlier as "The Girl Who Disappeared on her Birthday," inexplicably returning a year later with immense power, but no recollection of the events.
    • The History of the Authentic Universe, a guide to the unique superhero setting that evolved in such a way that all the iconic and most powerful superheroes are women.
    • The Player's Guide to Empire City, which provides M&M players and GMs with everything they need to know about the city and its history, geography, prominent locations, and notable inhabitants, including full-color maps of the city and its surrounding areas.
    • Four complete adventures specifically designed for Solar Woman, with additional rules and guidelines for including other heroines and players in the adventures, spotlighting fearsome villains such as The Mechalith, a sentient mechanical armor that controls its host, instead of the other way around, Princess Darcovia, daughter of a tyrannical alien empress, who has sworn to destroy Solar Woman at all costs due to "crimes" against her empire and family... and more!
    • Beyond Empire City, an introduction to Rivlunn, an alien world that considers Solar Woman its savior after she drove away the cosmic-level threat of Kor'Dhum the Ravager, and includes full details and information regarding Kor'Dhum itself.
    • Additional and fully playable allies to team-up with Solar Woman, including Aditi, the immortal goddess of the skies!
    • Full-Color Paperback: $15 US (Will be available everywhere books are sold, as well as our website store)
    • Bookmarked PDF: $10 US (includes Hero Lab files for every character in the book)
    • Format: 64 pages, full-color
    • ISBN-10: 0-9993960-7-2
    • ISBN-13: 978-0999396070
    • Available May 30, 2018

Authentic Heroines: A World of Women Empowered!

I am no stranger to these forums (despite this account's 1 post, so far), and I've been here since the Atomic Think Tank went live. My M&M experience dates back to the difficult struggle of trying to choose between the 1st edition and Silver Age Sentinels at the time, and it would appear I backed the right horse. For months, I hyped an M&M campaign that I had began designing for my tabletop group, waiting for the moment that 2e was released, and then that campaign lasted over 5 years, when I turned a group that boldly stated: "We'll never play any game that doesn't have a sword" into die-hard M&M players.

For more details and information, please feel free to check out our website: Authentic Heroines

If you want the full background, this Blog Post provides much more insight.

You can also follow us on our brand new Facebook Page.

And finally, we're also on Instagram and Twitter!

All future updates will also be posted in this thread!

Thank you,
    Authentic Heroines
    Last edited by AuthenticHeroines; 05-26-2018, 10:38 PM.
    Coming April 2018: Authentic Heroines: The Guide to Solar Woman

Product Identity: The following is designated as Product Identity, in accordance with Section 1(e) of the Open Game License, Version 1.0a: all characters and their associated images, descriptions, backgrounds, and related information are declared Product Identity. The following text is Open Gaming Content: all game system rules and material not previously declared Product Identity.

Re: [Coming April 2018] Authentic Heroines Campaign Setting(s)

Update: 1/28/18: As of today, the PDF version of Authentic Heroines: The Guide to Solar Woman will also include the Hero Lab files for Solar Woman, Aditi, and all the villains, minions, and supporting cast members included in the book. If it has game stats, it will have a Hero Lab file!
    Last edited by AuthenticHeroines; 01-28-2018, 02:08 PM.

Product Identity: The following is designated as Product Identity, in accordance with Section 1(e) of the Open Game License, Version 1.0a: all characters and their associated images, descriptions, backgrounds, and related information are declared Product Identity. The following text is Open Gaming Content: all game system rules and material not previously declared Product Identity.

Comment

Originally posted by AuthenticHeroines View Post
      Update: 1/28/18:

As of today, the PDF version of Authentic Heroines: The Guide to Solar Woman will also include the Hero Lab files for Solar Woman, Aditi, and all the villains, minions, and supporting cast members included in the book. If it has game stats, it will have a Hero Lab file!
      Looking forward to this - will the PDF version be released on Drivethrurpg.com?

Comment

Originally posted by SignalGK View Post
        Looking forward to this - will the PDF version be released on Drivethrurpg.com?
        Thank you for your interest! Yes, the PDF version will be released on DriveThruRPG (and, as noted, will include the Hero Lab files). I neglected to mention that in the original post, but I've edited/added it now.

And just to cover all the bases: The print version will be available pretty much everywhere (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.), including brick and mortar game stores and comic retailers that order it from the distributor. It should be available for pre-order from retailers fairly soon. We may also have a DTRPG POD version, as well, but that's not written in stone just yet.

Other goodies and surprises to be announced in the coming days/weeks, though!

Comment

....when I turned a group that boldly stated: "We'll never play any game that doesn't have a sword" into die-hard M&M players.
          M&M has swords: they're in the core book, Equipment section.

Comment

Originally posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
            M&M has swords: they're in the core book, Equipment section.
            Touché! They’re right there near the plate armor.

Though a knight, a wizard, and an elf with a bow probably wouldn’t have been very Golden Age.

Comment

Though a knight, a wizard, and an elf with a bow probably wouldn’t have been very Golden Age.
              I don't know: based on fiction from that era and earlier the only problem you'd have is that no one would understand what the elf was.

Comment

Originally posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
                I don't know: based on fiction from that era and earlier the only problem you'd have is that no one would understand what the elf was.
                Oh, trust me, I was more than tempted to put Warriors & Warlocks to good use on more than one occasion.

Comment

The Final Cover Revealed!

Authentic Heroines: The Guide To Solar Woman

Available April 2018

The final cover revealed! (And also edited above.)
                  Last edited by AuthenticHeroines; 02-07-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I just thought it would be kind of fun to show this off.

It’s also awesome to know that a character you built a year or so ago turns out to be right on the dot when you plug all their information into Hero Lab.
                    Last edited by AuthenticHeroines; 02-11-2018, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Looks good and like the final artwork - less cartoonish and its nice to see a series that shows strong female characters. Are their plans to follow this up with other characters?

Comment

Looks good and like the final artwork - less cartoonish and its nice to see a series that shows strong female characters. Are their plans to follow this up with other characters?
                        I’m glad you like the more realistic style of the final cover. We thought it turned out pretty well, too! And strong female characters are what Authentic Heroines is all about.

Speaking of which, to answer your question: absolutely. There will definitely be much more to come.
                        Last edited by AuthenticHeroines; 02-11-2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Re: [Coming April 2018] Authentic Heroines Campaign Setting(s) - Now With Patreon!

Since a few people have asked, we decided to start a Patreon, but it will probably be a day or two before we begin promoting it in an official capacity.

A lot of what's there will be available as a preorder special in our web store when it launches in the next 1-2 weeks, but there are also some Patreon-exclusive goodies (of course), with more likely to be added to the current tiers as we get closer to April 25.

You can either click the banner above or go HERE to find out more!

Comment

Re: [Coming April 2018] Authentic Heroines Campaign Setting(s) - Now With Patreon!

Not sure I understand the benefits of Patreon - according to an earlier post here the Bookmarked PDF: $10 US (Will be available at DriveThruRPG and our website store, and will include Hero Lab files for every character in the book) but on the patreon page it states The PDF Version (with Hero Lab files) and Monthly Bonus
                            $15 or more per major Authentic Heroines release which consists of The PDF of the next release (The Guide to Solar Woman), Hero Lab files for every character in the book.

So patreon costs an extra $5 for

☑ All future monthly bonus characters.

☑ Everything prior to official release.

but for that you have to subscribe to agree to buy every every future issue before anyone's had a chance to review it? Why does that cost an extra $5?
                            As I said this not a criticism just not sure what I'd get for the extra charge.

Comment

Not sure I understand the benefits of Patreon - according to an earlier post here the Bookmarked PDF: $10 US (Will be available at DriveThruRPG and our website store, and will include Hero Lab files for every character in the book) but on the patreon page it states The PDF Version (with Hero Lab files) and Monthly Bonus
                              $15 or more per major Authentic Heroines release which consists of The PDF of the next release (The Guide to Solar Woman), Hero Lab files for every character in the book.

So patreon costs an extra $5 for

☑ All future monthly bonus characters.

☑ Everything prior to official release.

but for that you have to subscribe to agree to buy every every future issue before anyone's had a chance to review it? Why does that cost an extra $5?
                              As I said this not a criticism just not sure what I'd get for the extra charge.
                              The answer to your first question is quite simple: it was a typo. An unfortunate holdover from an earlier iteration of the Patreon page.

To answer your other questions... Calling them "bonus" characters was a poor choice of wording on my part. These will basically be the same thing as the Threat Reports released by Green Ronin, except there will be a lot more to them, and every few releases will share a common theme (more on this to be revealed soon). They'll be released every month, and will normally have a retail price of $2.00 each. However, at the $5 level on Patreon, that's going to be a minimum of 4 solo characters for $5, instead of $8 (because we won't have a major release any more frequently than every 4 months). But if it's 5 months, then hey, they got $10 worth of solo characters for $5. The only risk involved is ours. Think of the breakdown like this:

Month 1: The Guide to Solar Woman and solo character release
                              Month 2: Solo character
                              Month 3: Solo Character
                              Month 4: Solo Character
                              Month 5: The next major book (and billing date), and also a solo character, since they're still monthly

Patrons at the $10 level (for the PDF) were always supposed to receive the solo characters as a bonus - hence the original wording. The $25 tier has also been reduced to $20 to reflect this.

To me, the Patron we have set up is like Kickstarter, with two major exceptions (aside from not taking Time Rank 29 to get paid): 1) We don't have to create a new one for each and every book, and 2) It's already funded, so it's still going to happen even if it has zero patrons. Additionally, no one is committed to buying anything beyond the first book when they pledge, because they can cancel at any time.

I hope this helps to explain things better!

Comment

Working...
                              X