Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

I talked to Jason and Dave and they tell me the links for all the POR files have been sent out.

Also, I was told to include Jason's email here so that people could email him directly if there are problems.

Jason "at" Blackwyrm.com

Comment

Thanks for the email address - I've emailed as the only files I got were from issue 1 - 21 por files (Abraxas to Arsenal of Democracy characters). Has ANYONE received the files from issue 2 or is it just a technical error why I haven't received my second set?

Comment

I just realized that I never received that second set either, so I emailed him.
        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
        [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

The wording *is* a bit confusing. But I believe just the first book Sean. The second book appears to be a different tier. Jason, Blackwyrm

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 5:32 AM, Sean Duggan <sean.duggan@gmail.com> wrote:
          I'm a little hazy on this. Was I supposed to received Volume 1 and Volume 2 or just Volume 1? I've only received the first volume so far.
          Looks like I've got everything for my tier. I was at the Sidekick level FWIW.
          [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
          [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

No dice on Hero Lab files for Vol. 2.

Comment

Received over night the remaining Hero Lab files for issue 2 so I'm happy.

Hopefully everyone else who purchased both sets of the herolab files with both PDF/Print copies (yes the kickstarter was confusing) will now receive the link (in my case several times now in fact) to download.

Am curious whether these files will ever be released separately through Drivethru - somehow I doubt it given that without the PDF's/Print copies they don't make sense (no character backstory included in the files) and as they were sold in the kickstarter as an extra cost add-on they will not be distributed as a free update to those who purchased the books separately so I am extremely grateful I bought in to the kickstarter at the level I did.

Aaron is there any update to when you plan to relaunch the Files?

Comment

Originally posted by SignalGK View Post
                Received over night the remaining Hero Lab files for issue 2 so I'm happy.

Hopefully everyone else who purchased both sets of the herolab files with both PDF/Print copies (yes the kickstarter was confusing) will now receive the link (in my case several times now in fact) to download.

Am curious whether these files will ever be released separately through Drivethru - somehow I doubt it given that without the PDF's/Print copies they don't make sense (no character backstory included in the files) and as they were sold in the kickstarter as an extra cost add-on they will not be distributed as a free update to those who purchased the books separately so I am extremely grateful I bought in to the kickstarter at the level I did.

Aaron is there any update to when you plan to relaunch the Files?
                No news at the moment. Still working on layout and logistic issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Sullivan View Post
                  No news at the moment. Still working on layout and logistic issues.
                  I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys finally come up with.

Comment

Aaron, while we're waiting on you guys to finalize plans, any chance we'll get to see a few more pieces of TAF related fiction?

Comment

Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
                      Aaron, while we're waiting on you guys to finalize plans, any chance we'll get to see a few more pieces of TAF related fiction?
                      The fiction I'm working on right now will wind up in the volumes it's related to -- however, I might have the opportunity to show some more art. I'll have to look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Sullivan View Post
                        The fiction I'm working on right now will wind up in the volumes it's related to -- however, I might have the opportunity to show some more art. I'll have to look into that.
                        Sounds good, as I think releases bits of art, here and there, will keep up interest.

Comment

Just chiming in to say thank you to Aaron for the new version of the Algernon Files. It's really good how modular it is - how it's so easy to slot the player characters into place (something which published settings often struggle with). The last authors I thought did it this well was Big Finger Games - their villain write-ups often included an idea for a hero linked to the villain in some way.
                          Last edited by calonnau; 6th April 2015, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Aaron, wondering if you'd figured out if you're going to be able to post any additional art until we're able to get something more concrete?

Comment

Apologies for the longish absence. A confluence of life-complicating events (major re-shuffling in my division and department both, two deaths in my wife's family within 12 days of each other, and finally getting matched in the ongoing adoption process my wife and I have been undertaking since October) all hit within about a three-week period and crippled my schedule between them. Between overtime at the dayjob, helping the wife execute two separate wills including getting my deceased father-in-law's house ready to go on market, and, oh, getting our own house and lives ready to slot four new little lives into the domestic environment hasn't left me with much breathing space over the last two-and-a-half months.

Regardless...

The kickstarter I hope to have up in a few weeks at the latest. I just have to finish beating down some niggley little edges. That being said, instead of me just randomly picking some new art, what I'm going to do is list out the entries for the upcoming book and let you guys vote. You guys choose four entries and I'll post the art for those entries. Additionally, if I can ever get it to work right, I'll also post a pdf file of one of the new format entries so you can see what the new layout looks like.

The entries are below. Italics mark teams/groups and an asterisk denotes that the art for an entry has already been seen thanks either to my own website or the two volumes Blackwyrm put out. I'm looking for votes on four entries only. Thanks.

1. Abraxas*
                              2. Adonis*
                              3. Alchemist*
                              4. A.L.G.E.R.N.O.N.
                              5. Alpha Mech *
                              6. Amalgam*
                              7. Animech*
                              8. Apex*
                              9. Apparition*
                              10. Argus*
                              11. Arsenal of Democracy* (Anthem, Rampart, USAngel, American Spirit, Pluribus, S.T.A.R.S. and S.T.R.I.P.E.S.; Patriot Directive, Jessup Guthrie, Arlo Masterton, Patriot Elite trooper)
                              12. Artificer's Guild* (Lady Nightshade; Keepsake, Example Artificer, The Damascene)
                              13. Assembly*
                              14. Bad Penny*
                              15. Bargainer/Albion Caul*
                              16. Baron Brimstone* (Jesse and Jackie Chance, Dolly DeVille)
                              17. Battalion* a.k.a. “ The One Man Army”
                              18. Bile*
                              19. Birthright*
                              20. Blackbone*
                              21. Blackheart*
                              22. Blacksun
                              23. Blight
                              24. Bloodstar*
                              25. Bonesmith
                              26. Boneyard*
                              27. Brainchild
                              28. Brother Basilisk*
                              29. Buchen dem Blut {"Books of Blood"}
                              30. Buzzkill
                              31. Cadaver
                              32. Cagliostro
                              33. Captain Carrion
                              34. Carapace*
                              35. Carcosae a.k.a. The Heirs of Carcosa
                              36. Carnelian*
                              37. Challenger Family (Cassius, Magnus, Peregrine & Plantagenet; The Challenger Institute; notes on average member; family tree)
                              38. Challenger, Lucien
                              39. Challenger, Percival
                              40. Charlatan*
                              41. Children of Diablo (Azure, Cascade, Eden, Fever Pitch, Flay, Holly Caust, Midnight, Murk, Naga, Pinball, Q, Sineater, Supercharger)
                              42. Chimera
                              43. Choir Infernal
                              44. Chronicle
                              45. Cipher
                              46. Circle of Brass (Lord Iblis; Djinn X, Sister Shaitan)
                              47. Clockwork King*
                              48. Clue Crew (Joshua Omen, Agrippinia “Penny” Challenger and Perseus, Kronk, Tokyo Jones)
                              49. Code Monkey
                              50. Cold Front (Blueblood, Chiller, Cold War, Frostbite, Ice Age)
                              51. Confederate Knights (Son of the South, Wabash, Rebel Yell, White Lightning, Moonshine, Dixie Devil, Stonewall)
                              52. Conquistador
                              53. Conrad Cain (notes on Cain Consolidated, a.k.a. "CainCo")
                              54. Control Freak

Yeah, the final product is looking like somewhere north of 275 pages. I likes me the details and such.

Comment

First off, thanks for update, and while of sorry to hear of your family's loss, I'm glad to hear things are finally working out for you on the adoption front. I'm also looking forward to checking out the Kickstarter once it's up and running. As far as votes go, I'm voting for the Cold Front, as I've been hearing about them for years, and would love to see what they actually look like.

Comment

Working...
                                X