Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

Originally posted by MightyDavidson View Post
    So the Algernon Files version of Lady Liberty is gone then? Pity, I kinda liked her.
    Only Anthem remains from the previous line-up.

The Arsenal is no longer a government asset either - they're now part of a large private security contractor called The Patriot Initiative (which is why the line up changed almost completely, other than for the now-retired-from-the-military Colonel Wright [the guy under the Anthem costume]). Think Blackwater, but with much better equipment and some of their mercs being showy metahumans. For better or worse, times change.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Sullivan View Post
      Only Anthem remains from the previous line-up.

The Arsenal is no longer a government asset either - they're now part of a large private security contractor called The Patriot Initiative (which is why the line up changed almost completely, other than for the now-retired-from-the-military Colonel Wright [the guy under the Anthem costume]). Think Blackwater, but with much better equipment and some of their mercs being showy metahumans. For better or worse, times change.
      Interesting. I'd probably keep them as a government asset, because I liked them that way but that's just me. They're still the good guys though, right?

Comment

Interesting. I'd probably keep them as a government asset, because I liked them that way but that's just me. They're still the good guys though, right?
        Well, they certainly think so. And say so. Loudly and with a lot of media relations work behind them.

As for anyone else ... let's just say that's a matter of perspective. No, that doesn't mean I went all Force of July with them, but remember that Gauntlet (Fort Hammond), USAgent, Maria Hill, and James Rhodes were all ostensibly on the same side during the Initiative era but still held widely divergent viewpoints. Just because they think they're in the right doesn't mean they're going to get along with your players' characters. Or, as Anthem (II) might put it, "Just because they're well-meaning doesn't make these vigilantes any less the amateurs or any less a danger to us, bystanders, or themselves. They WILL leave this to the professionals even if I have to educate them regarding the matter first."

Comment

The latest art preview - Apex. Apex is an alien worldbeater, a cosmic-scale omnicidal monster of the first order.

Comment

Okay people, there's only 5 days left. If you're even thinking about contributing to the Kickstarter, now would be the time. It's only $5. you drop more than that on a combo meal at the local fast food joint. And unlike the heart attack in a bag, you'll actually get some long term use out of this.

Comment

Re: The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it has cloned!!!

Issue 2 now available with issue 1 on kickstarter -https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackwyrm/the-algernon-files-30

w, you can get Volume 2 for the same prices and at the same levels that were offered for Volume 1. The PDFs, files, books, group buys, autographs, numbers are all there.

In the meantime here's Bile to make sure you don't miss out on the opportunity..

Comment

I have just had a quick look and at 11 hours to go we have passed the $2500 mark needed for funding the Files. I would suggest anyone who was on the fence because they were unsure it would get funded go there quick, because it has made it and you will be passing up a great product.

Comment

According to the latest update, hard copies of Vol. 1 & 2 have been mailed out to the backers. Hopefully I'll get mine by next week.

Comment

Any plans to detail the Algernon A.I. itself in future files? Feels appropriate that it should be included in the files at some point...

Comment

I got my hard copies of Vol. 1 & 2 in the mail today. I've only given them a quick once over, but I'll post a more detailed review once I can sit down.

Comment

Originally posted by SignalGK View Post
                        Any plans to detail the Algernon A.I. itself in future files? Feels appropriate that it should be included in the files at some point...
                        Yeah, he gets an extensive sidebar in Doc Steel's entry.

Comment

Great, thank you. Only problem now is the waiting (for the herolab files, issue 3, Juvenile Injustice etc.) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SignalGK View Post
                            Great, thank you. Only problem now is the waiting (for the herolab files, issue 3, Juvenile Injustice etc.) :-)
                            Seconded. I'm particularly interested in JI, as I was sitting down working on some ideas for a "teen hero" game the other night. I may post some of it up here on the boards.

Comment

Okay, I've given both books a quick read through, and overall I like the quality. I do have a couple of minor nit picks though. I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get artwork several of the character's mentioned under Baron Brimstone's write-up, or for Apex's Throne Ship, and his Protector drones. Also, the text layout in a few sections makes it hard to read, but that could just be me. I'd have preferred there be a few text breaks to give my old eyes a break. But, with that said, I do like the books, and you've got me anxiously awaiting the next volume in the series. I'll post more detailed review over the weekend for those of you interested.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't realize there was another thread beyond the Kickstarter one.

Will these books be sold in stores, should the Kickstarter be successful?
                                Yes. They'll be available to all the standard game distributors, so that any store can order them. They'll also be available to online booksellers and to non-game bookstores as a special order.

So the Algernon Files version of Lady Liberty is gone then? Pity, I kinda liked her.
                                Thanks! She was my PC in Aaron's game, way back when.

Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
                                Also, the text layout in a few sections makes it hard to read, but that could just be me. I'd have preferred there be a few text breaks to give my old eyes a break.
                                Get in touch with specifics, if you don't mind, and we'll do our best to adapt the layout in future volumes.

Comment

Working...
                                X