Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

Originally posted by SignalGK View Post
    As I stated in an earlier message I would absolutely love to give Aaron some of my hard-earned money for new releases - in particular the Juvenile Injustice he mentioned previously. These are some of my favourite builds and up there with my desire to buy new Vigilance Press M&M material which is high praise indeed!

I so want - "Juvenile Injustice (JI) to coincide with the release from Green Ronin of a 3e version of Hero High. JI will include three sections, covering

[1] How to run teen villains (written by the inestimable Jack Norris…go on, try to estimable him…I dare ya)

[2] The Winters Academy for the Exceptional Student (written by me with some additional student body provided by a few brave volunteers – more word later as stuff rolls in)

and

[3] The Seven Sins (a newbie team of villains who all recently graduated the Winters Academy together)"

(I'd also love the Circle of Brass and several others illustrated in this thread)...
    Assuming everything goes to plan, it will also include sections on the Sentinels' Training Program (think "Young Justice" ala the cartoon), Project CHIRON (government covert program to train young powered assets for military usage), and The Furies (a group of young women framed by SPIRE for crime they didn't commit who are trying to clear their name).

Comment

Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
      Aaron, a few questions if you don't mind.

1) How did you decide which characters would be included in this version of the Algernon Files?

2) I know there was a bit of a "soft reboot" done to the campaign world, what changes were made from the original world's timeline?

3) Just how many characters do you actually have stashed away?
      1) It was a character by character appraisal based on, well, many different factors.
      2) I'll release an updated timeline someday; otherwise, too many small things to list briefly.
      3) At last count, just south of 700 "entries" comprising 1300+ characters (and places, and items, and races, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Sullivan View Post
        I am now.

Apologies everyone. This is actually my first time back in this thread in many months. I'll just go ahead and throw out the mea culpas. 2016 did its best to outdo 2015 in terms of Suck and made a very good showing so far, which is saying a great deal given my 2015. With everything happening on the homefront (i.e. Real Life), I simply haven't had the time or headspace to do anything other than deal with the various crapstorms in the real world.

Next week, I'll post Bile, who is the last of the files currently completely laid out and ready to release. Starting in January, I should be able to spare the time and finances to start the ball rolling again on the other few dozen for which I already have art ready to use. Assuming everything works out, at some point next year I would still like to shoot for a kickstarter for JUVENILE INJUSTICE, but I have no timeline in mind as yet beside "2017."

I appreciate your continued interest and again, I apologize for the lengthy absence and silence.
        Aaron, first off it's good to see you back, and thnaks for updating us as to what's going on with Wordmonkey Studios. I'm sure all of us will be on the lookout for the Kickstarter.

Comment

Wanna play king of the mountain? Your chances don't look good against Birthright. Mastermind, peerless combatant, and all around best there is at everything. Just ask him and he'll explain at length why he should rule the world. Pay attention, because his lecturing you on his qualifications is just as much part of his plan as it is an expression of his towering ego.

Birthright is a PL 12 character to add to your Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

The ALGERNON Files Deluxe Edition is a treasure trove of enemies, allies, locations, and items of power to add to any ongoing M&M game. The series updates the fan-favorite ALGERNON Files material to the 3rd edition of the game and expands it, adding many new and exciting characters to meet and places to go.

The series is presented as files being transferred (and commented on) from the databases of the AI known as ALGERNON (who supports The Sentinels' superteam) to the possession of The Challenger Institute for curation. Each entry contains a character or other material of note ready to be dropped into a broad variety of adventures and settings with little or no work on the part of enterprising Gamemasters.

Written and designed by Aaron Sullivan, with full color art by Alex Williamson and layout by Eloy Lasanta. Designed for use with the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition game.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ion-Birthright
          I remember seeing Birthright in another book...I think Threat Report? If so, are there any changes from that product?
          - Andrew <:-{}

Comment

Originally posted by Quistar View Post
            I remember seeing Birthright in another book...I think Threat Report? If so, are there any changes from that product?
            Birthright was in the compiled Algernon Files book 2 that resulted from the kickstarter... I believe the major difference between that and these individual PDFs is "The series is presented as files being transferred (and commented on) from the databases of the AI known as ALGERNON (who supports The Sentinels' superteam) to the possession of The Challenger Institute for curation."

I think you might be thinking of Mastermind in Threat Report...
            Last edited by SignalGK; 9th October 2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Birthright was in the compiled Algernon Files book 2 that resulted from the kickstarter... I believe the major difference between that and these individual PDFs is "The series is presented as files being transferred (and commented on) from the databases of the AI known as ALGERNON (who supports The Sentinels' superteam) to the possession of The Challenger Institute for curation."

Yeah, Birthright was one of the characters in the kickstartered compilation. The difference is the addition of introductory material and a change in formatting. I did that with all the compilation entries as they were already post-edit.

Anything I would have sold to GR (i.e., Threat Report material, for example) I couldn't re-do here. It's their IP now.

(Admittedly, a great deal of ALGERNON File material was sold to GR and Vigilance over the years when I thought I wouldn't have any other avenue for them)

Comment

No, I just brainfarted and mixed up books and publishers!
                - Andrew <:-{}

Comment

(Admittedly, a great deal of ALGERNON File material was sold to GR and Vigilance over the years when I thought I wouldn't have any other avenue for them)
                  Yeah, I'd have really liked to have seen the ALGERNON Files versions of Several of these guys, namely Majestic-20, Ghost Works, the Chessmen, Dr. Grimm, Fright Knight, Fineous Frost, Hardball (Changeup).

Comment

Well, that plan didn't survive contact with the enemy.

Comment

A mindless juggernaught destroying everything in its path, Bile has no plan to outwit, no agenda to subvert, and no ego to care. It simply exists and it carves a constant path of destruction wherever it goes for no other reason than that. Can you beat raw chaos? Can you stop that which doesn't recognize defeat or even its own destruction? Bile is alien tech gone wild and the world is just in its way.

Bile is a PL 11 character to add to your Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

The ALGERNON Files Deluxe Edition is a treasure trove of enemies, allies, locations, and items of power to add to any ongoing M&M game. The series updates the fan-favorite ALGERNON Files material to the 3rd edition of the game and expands it, adding many new and exciting characters to meet and places to go.

The series is presented as files being transferred (and commented on) from the databases of the AI known as ALGERNON (who supports The Sentinels' superteam) to the possession of The Challenger Institute for curation. Each entry contains a character or other material of note ready to be dropped into a broad variety of adventures and settings with little or no work on the part of enterprising Gamemasters.

Written and designed by Aaron Sullivan, with full color art by Alex Williamson and layout by Eloy Lasanta. Designed for use with the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition game.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...e-Edition-Bile

Comment

Another great line of products I'm hoping to see more from in 2017, especially Juvenile Justice and the rest of the unreleased Algernon Files line.

Comment

It has been quite a while since we heard from Aaron. Hopefully, everything is okay.

Comment

I think I saw a post from him on the Facebook Super gaming group not too long ago, if I'm not confused.

Comment

He's alive and well, he just doesn't post here that often.

Comment

Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
                                He's alive and well, he just doesn't post here that often.
                                It's unfortunate that the Algernon files material ended. I was making a lot of use of it and was looking forward to seeing some of the reinterpretations of the 2nd edition material. Luckily I have enough conversions to the old material that I make use of.

Glad he is okay. Things seemed to be less than ideal for him over the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X