Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
    Quick question. How do the local gangs operating in the same area as Baron's organization get along with him? Do they bump heads?
    Different GMs will have different ideas, but as I use him myself, local gangs follow one of three paths:

(1) They recognize quickly how suicidal confrontation is and they make deals with him ... working the angles and jobs he has no interest in, supporting his crew (distribution or facework, that kind of thing) for a cut, or just generally try their damned best to stay out of his way. One time of watching a boring guy in a suit sent to talk to you just stand there and ignore all of the bullets you're pumping into him before he tears your boss's head of with his bare hands and then walks away with a simple "Reconsider your bargaining position. Or else." is usually enough to get the point across.

(2) They scatter or disband or move territories or some other expression of "to Hell with this."

(3) They die. Or learn the hard way that, yes, Virginia, there actually are fates worse than death. Much, MUCH worse.

Comment

One moment, a single mercenary, world-class but outnumbered by the heroes you've hired him to deal with - the next, a small army, turning the tables on the hapless good guys who no longer have the advantage they thought they held. Battalion boasts not only the training and firepower to rake in the contracts, but he can with a thought become a small army, a force-multiplier incarnate that takes a single paycheck while dishing out a multitude of pain.

Battalion is a PL 11 threat to add to your Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

The ALGERNON Files Deluxe Edition is a treasure trove of enemies, allies, locations, and items of power to add to any ongoing M&M game. The series updates the fan-favorite ALGERNON Files material to the 3rd edition of the game and expands it, adding many new and exciting characters to meet and places to go.

The series is presented as files being transferred (and commented on) from the databases of the AI known as ALGERNON (who supports The Sentinels' superteam) to the possession of The Challenger Institute for curation. Each entry contains a character or other material of note ready to be dropped into a broad variety of adventures and settings with little or no work on the part of enterprising Gamemasters.

Written and designed by Aaron Sullivan, with full color art by Alex Williamson and layout by Eloy Lasanta. Designed for use with the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition game.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...tion-Battalion

Comment

Apologies - I had some connectivity issues that had to be resolved. Very annoying using my phone for internet for several days.

Comment

Aaron, a few questions if you don't mind.

1) How did you decide which characters would be included in this version of the Algernon Files?

2) I know there was a bit of a "soft reboot" done to the campaign world, what changes were made from the original world's timeline?

3) Just how many characters do you actually have stashed away?

Comment

Is there an update to this project or any word on a new Kickstarter?

Thanks,

Ed

Comment

Aaron, I know you've had a lot on your plate, but I'm wondering what's the status of not only the regular Algernon Files releases, but the Juvenile Justice release you've mentioned. I'm especially interested in Juvenile Justice as 3rd Edition Hero High is supposed to be getting released next week.

Comment

Aaron, I know you've had a lot on your plate, but I'm wondering what's the status of not only the regular Algernon Files releases, but the Juvenile Justice release you've mentioned. I'm especially interested in Juvenile Justice as 3rd Edition Hero High is supposed to be getting released next week.
                I'd back that, having purchased Hero High I'd be really keen to get my hands on some teen antagonists...

Comment

Originally posted by SignalGK View Post
                  I'd back that, having purchased Hero High I'd be really keen to get my hands on some teen antagonists...
                  Seconded.

Comment

Am I the only one that would really like to see this series make a return?

Comment

Far from it. I'm hoping for more product soon!

Andrew <:-{}
                      - Andrew <:-{}

Comment

As I stated in an earlier message I would absolutely love to give Aaron some of my hard-earned money for new releases - in particular the Juvenile Injustice he mentioned previously. These are some of my favourite builds and up there with my desire to buy new Vigilance Press M&M material which is high praise indeed!

I so want - "Juvenile Injustice (JI) to coincide with the release from Green Ronin of a 3e version of Hero High. JI will include three sections, covering

[1] How to run teen villains (written by the inestimable Jack Norris…go on, try to estimable him…I dare ya)

[2] The Winters Academy for the Exceptional Student (written by me with some additional student body provided by a few brave volunteers – more word later as stuff rolls in)

and

[3] The Seven Sins (a newbie team of villains who all recently graduated the Winters Academy together)"

(I'd also love the Circle of Brass and several others illustrated in this thread)...
                        Last edited by SignalGK; 10th September 2016, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I definitely want to see more Algernon Files.

Comment

Aaron, you reading this?

Comment

Wanna play king of the mountain? Your chances don't look good against Birthright. Mastermind, peerless combatant, and all around best there is at everything. Just ask him and he'll explain at length why he should rule the world. Pay attention, because his lecturing you on his qualifications is just as much part of his plan as it is an expression of his towering ego.

Birthright is a PL 12 character to add to your Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

The ALGERNON Files Deluxe Edition is a treasure trove of enemies, allies, locations, and items of power to add to any ongoing M&M game. The series updates the fan-favorite ALGERNON Files material to the 3rd edition of the game and expands it, adding many new and exciting characters to meet and places to go.

The series is presented as files being transferred (and commented on) from the databases of the AI known as ALGERNON (who supports The Sentinels' superteam) to the possession of The Challenger Institute for curation. Each entry contains a character or other material of note ready to be dropped into a broad variety of adventures and settings with little or no work on the part of enterprising Gamemasters.

Written and designed by Aaron Sullivan, with full color art by Alex Williamson and layout by Eloy Lasanta. Designed for use with the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition game.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ion-Birthright

Comment

Aaron, you reading this?
                                I am now.

Apologies everyone. This is actually my first time back in this thread in many months. I'll just go ahead and throw out the mea culpas. 2016 did its best to outdo 2015 in terms of Suck and made a very good showing so far, which is saying a great deal given my 2015. With everything happening on the homefront (i.e. Real Life), I simply haven't had the time or headspace to do anything other than deal with the various crapstorms in the real world.

Next week, I'll post Bile, who is the last of the files currently completely laid out and ready to release. Starting in January, I should be able to spare the time and finances to start the ball rolling again on the other few dozen for which I already have art ready to use. Assuming everything works out, at some point next year I would still like to shoot for a kickstarter for JUVENILE INJUSTICE, but I have no timeline in mind as yet beside "2017."

I appreciate your continued interest and again, I apologize for the lengthy absence and silence.

Comment

Working...
                                X