Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

Originally posted by SignalGK View Post
    Clue Crew? Not the Cool Crew? (Actually like the Clue Crew better) - so I recognise, Kronk, Cap' Mystery, Agrippina Challenger (though I thought she was supposed to be a redhead with freckles) and Perseus the dog

(from Faded Regrets short story at http://www.aaronsullivan.net/categor...files-fiction/)
    When I originally wrote that little story, I had just slipped a mention of Cap'n Mystery and the Cool Crew into the background material part of the Devil's Duo I wrote for James and Vigilance Press. Those two names now belong to him. Luckily, inside the material I sold to James, I didn't actually detail the characters like I did in the short story I wrote for my own site. Therefore, a quick name change for the group and it's leader and Ala-ka-zam! No issues. Tokyo Jones is the character you didn't name in that art, and the artist went a little off detail on Penny (which I was okay with). He actually said that dogs are the hardest things to draw well. I took his word for it, not being artistic myself. :-)

The Clue Crew's leader is named Joshua Omen now, but his characterization (two parts Fred Jones to one part Moondoggie to one part John Constantine), also luckily not detailed in the material I no longer own, has remained unchanged. I also changed a few details around that short story's resolution, which will be included with the team's entry.

Comment

Oh, and as far as the Confederate Knights go, from bottom left to top right, those are Rebel Yell, Dixie Devil, Son of the South (leading), Stonewall (jump-kicking), Wabash (charging), White Lightning, and Moonshine.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Sullivan View Post
        Oh, and as far as the Confederate Knights go, from bottom left to top right, those are Rebel Yell, Dixie Devil, Son of the South (leading), Stonewall (jump-kicking), Wabash (charging), White Lightning, and Moonshine.
        Can we expect to see them in the coming months?

Comment

Clockwork King

Baron Blackfire

Both for Wordmonkey Studio's Deluxe Algernon Files 3.0
          Last edited by sumnerd; 4th January 2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

An omnicidal narcissist and egomaniac of near-mythic levels, Apex and his "tests" are feared throughout known space. Can your campaign world measure up to his perfect standard? Or will your heroes have to protect humanity from the terminal judgment of this hypercritical destroyer of worlds?

Apex is a PL 15 nightmare to add to your Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

The ALGERNON Files Deluxe Edition is a treasure trove of enemies, allies, locations, and items of power to add to any ongoing M&M game. The series updates the fan-favorite ALGERNON Files material to the 3rd edition of the game and expands it, adding many new and exciting characters to meet and places to go.

The series is presented as files being transferred (and commented on) from the databases of the AI known as ALGERNON (who supports The Sentinels' superteam) to the possession of The Challenger Institute for curation. Each entry contains a character or other material of note ready to be dropped into a broad variety of adventures and settings with little or no work on the part of enterprising Gamemasters.

Written and designed by Aaron Sullivan, with full color art by Alex Williamson and layout by Eloy Lasanta. Designed for use with the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition game.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...e-Edition-Apex

Comment

Okay, guys. I'll be honest. 2015?

Kicked. My. Ass.

So many Real World headaches, from deaths to doing multiple people's jobs at work for months at a time to one urgent (and major) house repair after another cropping up. And they just wouldn't stop. Right up through the last week of the year.

2016 seems to be off to a better start. Orders of magnitude better.

My apologies for the sometimes irregular release schedule of the last few months. My goal is regular releases every Comic Book Day (translated from Geekspeak, that means every Wednesday). Add your crossed fingers to mine. Thanks.

Comment

And to the guy with the hotmail address who keeps emailing me from behind a fake name and accusing me of "ripping off" Rogue Genius Game's Adonis character with my version of a mind-controlling crime lord with that name-->

(1) My Adonis has been around for over a decade, having first appeared in the 1st edition Algernon Files, and then the 2nd edition update, and even my 3rd ed update predates RGG's release by a significant margin of time.
                (2) My Adonis is an original character, sharing only the name, one of his powers, and a penchant for the color gold with theirs. RGG's is an open and intentional pastiche of a pre-existing Marvel character.
                (3) Before accusing someone of ripping off other people, on general principles you should do your homework first. Common decency, amigo. When in doubt, apply the Rule of Wheaton.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Sullivan View Post
                  Okay, guys. I'll be honest. 2015?

Kicked. My. Ass.

So many Real World headaches, from deaths to doing multiple people's jobs at work for months at a time to one urgent (and major) house repair after another cropping up. And they just wouldn't stop. Right up through the last week of the year.

2016 seems to be off to a better start. Orders of magnitude better.

My apologies for the sometimes irregular release schedule of the last few months. My goal is regular releases every Comic Book Day (translated from Geekspeak, that means every Wednesday). Add your crossed fingers to mine. Thanks.
                  Hopefully 2016 will be a better year for you and your family.

Not to be bothersome, but any idea of the approximate time frame you plan to begin with the regular weekly releases?

Comment

Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
                    Hopefully 2016 will be a better year for you and your family.

Not to be bothersome, but any idea of the approximate time frame you plan to begin with the regular weekly releases?
                    Started last week. Second one should be up in a few seconds (assuming DTRPG cooperates).

Comment

There's no such thing as unbeatable security, not even when dealing superhumans and their homes, vehicles, or other toys. Don't think Apparition is good enough to get at what you're hiding in those oh-so-impressive vaults? She's just waiting for the opprotunity to prove you wrong. Part of being the best is knowing you have prove it. Constantly.

Apparition is a PL 10 thief extraordinaire to add to your Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

The ALGERNON Files Deluxe Edition is a treasure trove of enemies, allies, locations, and items of power to add to any ongoing M&M game. The series updates the fan-favorite ALGERNON Files material to the 3rd edition of the game and expands it, adding many new and exciting characters to meet and places to go.

The series is presented as files being transferred (and commented on) from the databases of the AI known as ALGERNON (who supports The Sentinels' superteam) to the possession of The Challenger Institute for curation. Each entry contains a character or other material of note ready to be dropped into a broad variety of adventures and settings with little or no work on the part of enterprising Gamemasters.

Written and designed by Aaron Sullivan, with full color art by Alex Williamson and layout by Eloy Lasanta. Designed for use with the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition game.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ion-Apparition

Comment

Do you wanna know a secret? If its small and personal, that's pretty much on you. But if its nasty and important, or well-hidden and expensive for the people hiding it, Well then, Argus is the person you hire to get it. Maybe someone's already hired him to find out your secrets. Like real identities behind those masks. Or weaknesses. Interested yet? Too bad. Your enemies certainly are.

Argus is a PL 10 threat to add to your Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...-Edition-Argus

Comment

Technology isn't always mankind's friend. Give it a personality, godlike power, and an apocalyptic agenda and what you have is The Assembly. An interdimensional world-consuming horror of the highest order, The Assembly exists to expand and replace everything. Can your heroes keep their Earth from becoming yet another item on The Assembly's multiversal menu?

The Assembly is a PL 16 monster to add to your Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...n-The-Assembly

Comment

Need a longevity potion? No? How about a love philter, golem, clockwork assassin, or djinn servant? Just ask The Artificers Guild, a federation of associated alchemists, construct crafters, and summoners devoted to their drafts and their profits. Need their help and they're a resource beyond price (though that resource never comes free). Stand in their way and they're going to teach you why their wares carry such a high price ... the hard way.

The Artificers Guild is a group of mystic NPCs to add to your Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...tificers-Guild

Comment

So you call yourself a hero, do you? Care to test that against someone who loves nothing more than corrupting the purest hearts and noblest intentions? Baron Brimstone was a hero once, under a different name and in a very different lifetime. He finally embraced the darkness and is pretty sure he can get you to do the same. And if he can't, well heroes die just like anyone else when you know their weak points ... and the Baron excels at finding those.

Baron Brimstone is a PL 12 threat to add to your Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...aron-Brimstone

Comment

Quick question. How do the local gangs operating in the same area as Baron's organization get along with him? Do they bump heads?

Comment

Working...
                                X