Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Sketchpad Studio] Acts of Villainy & Acts of Heroism Releases

Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
    Any chance you'll be doing some sort of "bundle" packs? Say something like H.A.D.E.S., Flatline and Adam VIII? Or once the various organizations are detailed, compiling them into a bundle pack?
    Always a possibility. We've been working on a collected print collection as time permits.
    DT Butchino | Writer, Designer, Illustrator | Sketchpad Studio
    [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=648]Get VILLAINOUS with the Acts of Villainy Line for M&M3e.[/url]

Comment

Just to satisfy my curiosity, how many of you guys have picked some of these up, and if so, what do you think of them?

Comment

Acts of Villainy bursts into 2015 with an international menace to plague your heroes! A cruel mercenary and assassin that's been in the business for well over sixty years, Grendel is ready to take your heroes head on. Whether its at range or hand-to-hand, he'll make them wish they've never met him. Grendel, only 99 and only in Acts of Villainy:Solo #87!
        Recruit Grendel into your villainous plans tonight!
        [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=648]Get VILLAINOUS with the Acts of Villainy Line for M&M3e.[/url]

Comment

Our second release for 2015 is now available! Once a petty criminal, the villain known as Naga was destined to be something greater. Armed with incredible martial prowess and a cult of followers, he bides his time, hoping to steal artifacts and eventually subjugate the world! Naga, only in Acts of Villainy: Solo #88 and only 99!
          Bring Naga to your game tonight!

Comment

Picked up these last two, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do in 2015.

Comment

We round out the first month of 2015 with a high-flying villain! Once a test pilot looking for a rush, Osprey is now a villain-for-hire on the west coast. Equipped with an experimental wing harness and a array of deadly energy weapons, he's ready to meet your heroes head on! Osprey, only in Acts of Villainy: Solo #89 and only 99!

Get Osprey before he gets you!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have picked these up, and of those of you who have, what do you think of them.

Comment

Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
                  Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have picked these up, and of those of you who have, what do you think of them.
                  I bought most of the them when they first came out - Crimenet in particular found a place in my universe as a competitor with Labyrinth. I liked the builds for the most part, though I was not always a fan of the artwork, though I stopped buying every one of them a few months ago because I had started to use Hero Lab in play (I use the combat console to track initiative and combat) so having to type up the character stats every time put me off buying them on a regular basis.

I'd asked about the possibility of including the hero lab files with them even if it had to be at an additional cost, and got the feeling it was unlikely to ever happen so stopped buying unless I see a "must have" character and haven't seen a lot of those of late. It feels as though recently the majority have not been that unique (may not be the actual case but that's the impression it has left me with of late). I would also like to see some support npc's in the mix rather than just villains - a PR agent possibly but what it comes down to was the time involved in converting characters into hero lab which changed me from buying every issue every week to one that buys just the occasional release.
                  Last edited by SignalGK; 01-24-2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Our Game in Review column is now up over at It Came From the Sketchpad! Stop by and see some of our plans for 2015.

http://sketchpadstudio.blogspot.com/...n-preview.html

Comment

Which I'm very happy to see is working towards including the hero lab files (you say people will receive updated files so will that mean the hero lab files will be included in the price?) which will likely mean this customer returning... Good luck - also look forward to the juvenile characters. Given that vigilance press is also planning a weekly series soon this could be a good time for players.

Comment

I'm looking forward to checking out some of the teen villains they've got planned.

Comment

I downloaded the latest AoV earlier today, and after a quick read through, I have to say it's going to rate as being one of my favorite releases so far. It's also the largest release yet, featuring seven new villains spread amongst it's 25 pages. Not bad for less than $5.00.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words both here and on our Facebook page, Dominique! Here's the official release:

Formed together by the mysterious Mentor, The Brain Trust is a team of sinister psionicists bent on using their powers for villainy! Working from their secret headquarters, they're targeting your campaign city and its so-called protectors next. Can your heroes stop them? Or will they fall to their malicious minds? The Brain Trust, only $4.99 and only in Acts of Villainy: Teams #6!

Grab the Brain Trust before they grab you!

Comment

Looking forward to next few releases as well.

Comment

Teen Month continues in this week's Acts of Villainy! Propelled into the past from a possible future, Rewind is ready to take on your heroes! Armed with the ability to turn back time, she's looking for trouble in your campaign city! Rewind, only in Acts of Villainy #90 and only 99!

Bring Rewind into your campaign today!

Comment

Working...
                                X