Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Domenico Neziti illustrates the cover for Rogues, Rivals & Renegades Collection Two!

    Greetings, Vigilance Press fans! It’s been a busy Summer, but we’ve been hard at work on a number of projects. Today, I want to give everyone a special early look at the cover art for our second collection of Rogues, Rivals & Renegades. This cover art is by Domenico Neziti, who may be familiar to Mutants and Masterminds fans as an illustrator who has worked on several great Green Ronin projects. In fact, he illustrated many of the character archetypes I designed for the Cosmic Handbook by Green Ronin!

    From the first illustration I saw, I was an instant fan of his work. I’m so very pleased to be able to share this early look at the first art he has produced for Vigilance Press. This art features The Hierophant and Cog, Rayzer, and Shockwave. These characters and many more will be in Rogues, Rivals & Renegades Collection Two coming soon, from Vigilance Press!

    http://www.vigilancepress.com/
    Rogues, Rivals & Renegades for Mutants and Masterminds 3E
    Rogues, Rivals & Renegades Collection One in Print and PDF
    Vigilance Press at Drive Thru RPG

    Comment


    • Rogues, Rivals & Renegades Collection Two is now available!!

      Rogues, Rivals & Renegades Collection Two is now available for sale!



      Now available at Drive Thru RPG in both PDF and Print on Demand formats!

      From the Files of METAs…

      Rogues!

      Ne’er-do-wells of the worst sort, these super-criminals have been flagged as dangerous, and should be approached with extreme caution. Each Rogue has a detailed history, tactics, and nemesis options for introducing them as long-running foes for the heroes in your supers game!

      Includes: Acid Beth, Apogee, Backfire, Blackbody, Blackwing, Breaker, Changeup, Cro-Magnum, Fineous Frost, The Hierophant and Cog, Metacide, Obsidius, Pitch, Professor Pleistocene, Road Hazard, Schadenfreude’s Cat, Tr011, The Unspoken, and Zarathustra

      Rivals!

      These would-be-heroes are perfect additions to your Mutants and Masterminds games. Each one can be played as an ally or complication for your heroes, making them perfect long-term supporting characters in your campaigns.

      Includes: Bestia, Saito Solutions, and Shockwave

      Renegades!

      Neither villain nor hero, Renegades live outside the world heroes are most familiar with. They may find themselves allies of your heroes one day and foes the next! Each Renegade is designed with strong motivations and themes to help make them memorable additions to any story.

      Includes: Cy-Boar, Kogar, Little Sister, Rayzer, Warchild, White Room, Miss Rule, Mr. Ulysses, and Ms. D.

      This collection of Rogues, Rivals & Renegades features solo characters, creatures, and organizations. Each featured character comes with a full-color illustration, rules write-ups for Mutants and Masterminds Third Edition, detailed backgrounds and motives. There are also pages of color standees for you to copy and play with at your gaming table!

      Authors Jack Norris, James Dawsey, Rick Jones, Nathan Kahler, and Aaron Sullivan proudly present over twenty issues in the Rogues, Rivals & Renegades series. Over one hundred thirty pages of full-color content, with illustrations by Alex Williamson, Dionysia Jones, and cover art by Domenico Neziti.

      The Digital Download version of this product (PDF Format) also includes Hero Lab portfolio files for each character presented in the book! Get the PDF version of the file for only $5.00 when you buy it with the Print on Demand version!
      Rogues, Rivals & Renegades… because you need more than Heroes and Villains to tell superhero stories!
      http://www.vigilancepress.com/
      Rogues, Rivals & Renegades for Mutants and Masterminds 3E
      Rogues, Rivals & Renegades Collection One in Print and PDF
      Vigilance Press at Drive Thru RPG

      Comment


      • Re: [Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

        I'm bumping this up, as I really enjoyed the R,R,& R series, and I'm hoping we'll get to see some new M&M material from Vigilance Pres in 2017.

        Comment


        • Re: [Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

          Thanks for the constant support, Sumnerd!

          We're certainly hoping to bring some more cool stuff to you soon. I have several books planned, but we've got some other books we need to get out first.
          http://www.vigilancepress.com/
          Rogues, Rivals & Renegades for Mutants and Masterminds 3E
          Rogues, Rivals & Renegades Collection One in Print and PDF
          Vigilance Press at Drive Thru RPG

          Comment


          • Re: [Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

            Hey, folks!

            The Bamf podcast awards are coming up, and Rogues, Rivals & Renegades is up on their "Best of 2016" poll for superhero game products!

            Check it out and vote for your top three faves!
            http://www.vigilancepress.com/
            Rogues, Rivals & Renegades for Mutants and Masterminds 3E
            Rogues, Rivals & Renegades Collection One in Print and PDF
            Vigilance Press at Drive Thru RPG

            Comment


            • Re: [Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

              Just picked up the two RR&R collections. Nice work!

              Say, you guys were supposedly working on a big project called "Elements of Ruin" at one time. Whatever happened with that?

              Comment


              • Re: [Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

                Originally posted by Darkdreamer View Post
                Just picked up the two RR&R collections. Nice work!

                Say, you guys were supposedly working on a big project called "Elements of Ruin" at one time. Whatever happened with that?
                That's one of the projects that stalled in development, it was a bit ambitious in terms of how much work it was going to take compared to how many people we had working on things back then. As we built up our Vigilance Press team, smaller projects seemed to work out a lot better for us. We still want to do Elements of Ruin (though the name might change), but Tianxia came along and we found ourselves putting a lot of our resources into finishing the products for that kickstarter.

                Right now we have some art assets and some writing done on Elements, but it's currently on the back burner behind a number of other projects.

                EDIT: One of the reasons it went to the back burner, among the sheer scope of the project, is that we really discovered a need to flesh out the campaign world itself. Hence, RRR became a priority, and the other Due Vigilance projects. Elements of Ruin started out as a 'build your campaign' kit of sorts, and that kind of fell to the wayside as Green Ronin published books that tackled a lot of the things we were thinking of doing. So, our core campaign concept is still there, but the book started to need to serve a different master, so to speak. So we decided to go back to the drawing board with it.

                Thanks for supporting RRR! I hope you dig those characters, we all had a blast putting those together.
                Last edited by Shadowchaser; 03-06-2017, 11:04 PM.
                http://www.vigilancepress.com/
                Rogues, Rivals & Renegades for Mutants and Masterminds 3E
                Rogues, Rivals & Renegades Collection One in Print and PDF
                Vigilance Press at Drive Thru RPG

                Comment


                • Re: [Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

                  It says something that I bought them (admittedly at sale price) even though I'm not running M&M now (and may be moving on to other superhero games) because they looked so interesting (it doesn't hurt that M&M stuff is at a sweet spot where it gives enough mechanical detail that you can port over to more or less complex systems without having to wave your hands much).

                  The one complaint I have with some of the third party M&M (and frankly, other systems such as Icons or BASH) producers is that I'm really not a fan of micro-products; I'd rather pay more and have the stuff somewhat concentrated in a limited number of pdfs than have a hundred tiny ones. I understand why its done that way, but it means I'm really not the market until something like the combined books are put out. This isn't just directed at you; I did the same thing with the Power Profiles and other Green Ronin products that took that approach, and its the main reason I haven't bought any of Rogue Genius' amusing looking "Super Powered Legends" line.

                  And thanks for the answer regarding Elements of Ruin. I've got some past professional experience in the industry, so I understand what its like kind of being a one-man-band.

                  Comment


                  • Re: [Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

                    The RR&R series is solid. Some interesting characters with a wide background. There's enough info that GM can integrate them into their games without to much work. And IMHO, the setting is just down right fun. It's not to heavy handed or dark. It's got a good mix of modern vs. four color, which is what I'm comfortable with. I'm really hoping we'll see some new material in 2017.

                    Comment


                    • Re: [Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

                      Originally posted by Darkdreamer View Post
                      It says something that I bought them (admittedly at sale price) even though I'm not running M&M now (and may be moving on to other superhero games) because they looked so interesting (it doesn't hurt that M&M stuff is at a sweet spot where it gives enough mechanical detail that you can port over to more or less complex systems without having to wave your hands much).

                      The one complaint I have with some of the third party M&M (and frankly, other systems such as Icons or BASH) producers is that I'm really not a fan of micro-products; I'd rather pay more and have the stuff somewhat concentrated in a limited number of pdfs than have a hundred tiny ones. I understand why its done that way, but it means I'm really not the market until something like the combined books are put out. This isn't just directed at you; I did the same thing with the Power Profiles and other Green Ronin products that took that approach, and its the main reason I haven't bought any of Rogue Genius' amusing looking "Super Powered Legends" line.

                      And thanks for the answer regarding Elements of Ruin. I've got some past professional experience in the industry, so I understand what its like kind of being a one-man-band.
                      I'm actually right there with you when it comes to the "micro-products." The smaller products are really good in terms of bringing in people who want to check back on a regular basis for content, because it gives them something to look forward to. They're good for us in terms of being smaller projects that take less time to do, and then when you have enough, you can bundle them and make them appealing to customers like yourself. It takes roughly the same time to create the product as it would if we just tackled the book as a whole from the beginning, but we have the added benefits of weeding out some errata along the way as well as getting feedback of other sorts and making slight course corrections. So, I really enjoy making the products at the RRR series scale and then bundling them, but I totally understand how some people are just not going to be interested until the book is compiled. And that's fine, I'm the sort who likes to play with a printed book anyway. I want books that will come off the shelf and spend a lot of time being used at the gaming table, rather than small projects that can get lost in the shuffle or forgotten after purchase adn a single reading, lost on a hard drive... so my ultimate goal is always to arrange projects with the eye towards a physical compilation of some kind.
                      http://www.vigilancepress.com/
                      Rogues, Rivals & Renegades for Mutants and Masterminds 3E
                      Rogues, Rivals & Renegades Collection One in Print and PDF
                      Vigilance Press at Drive Thru RPG

                      Comment


                      • Re: [Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

                        Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
                        The RR&R series is solid. Some interesting characters with a wide background. There's enough info that GM can integrate them into their games without to much work. And IMHO, the setting is just down right fun. It's not to heavy handed or dark. It's got a good mix of modern vs. four color, which is what I'm comfortable with. I'm really hoping we'll see some new material in 2017.
                        We've got new manuscripts that nobody outside of Vigilance has seen that I really want to get out there, but the bottleneck is kind of tight right now. They might not go into production until later this year or early next, unless circumstances change.
                        http://www.vigilancepress.com/
                        Rogues, Rivals & Renegades for Mutants and Masterminds 3E
                        Rogues, Rivals & Renegades Collection One in Print and PDF
                        Vigilance Press at Drive Thru RPG

                        Comment


                        • Re: [Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

                          Originally posted by Shadowchaser View Post
                          We've got new manuscripts that nobody outside of Vigilance has seen that I really want to get out there, but the bottleneck is kind of tight right now. They might not go into production until later this year or early next, unless circumstances change.
                          While I'd love to see them out this year, say in time for the holidays, it is what is. I've waited this on, and guess I can wait a little longer. But, if you need help working on this stuff, you know all you have to do is ask.

                          Comment


                          • Re: [Vigilance Press] Announcements and Interactions!

                            Originally posted by Shadowchaser View Post
                            I'm actually right there with you when it comes to the "micro-products." The smaller products are really good in terms of bringing in people who want to check back on a regular basis for content, because it gives them something to look forward to. They're good for us in terms of being smaller projects that take less time to do, and then when you have enough, you can bundle them and make them appealing to customers like yourself. It takes roughly the same time to create the product as it would if we just tackled the book as a whole from the beginning, but we have the added benefits of weeding out some errata along the way as well as getting feedback of other sorts and making slight course corrections. So, I really enjoy making the products at the RRR series scale and then bundling them, but I totally understand how some people are just not going to be interested until the book is compiled. And that's fine, I'm the sort who likes to play with a printed book anyway. I want books that will come off the shelf and spend a lot of time being used at the gaming table, rather than small projects that can get lost in the shuffle or forgotten after purchase adn a single reading, lost on a hard drive... so my ultimate goal is always to arrange projects with the eye towards a physical compilation of some kind.
                            Ironically, I pretty much only buy physical books for core books any more (and those only when its going to be very clear I'm actually going to run a given game); the combination of cost and space savings has pushed me over to an almost-all PDF purchaser some time ago.

                            But even with PDFs, having all these tiny ones is generally kind of, well, annoying.

                            But I do understand other people feel otherwise, and the benefits to a producer out of doing this, so I try not to bitch about it. It can sometimes be--annoying--waiting around for the producer to get to the point where they produce the compilation product, but, que sera sera as they say.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X