Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Rogue Genius Games] Super Powered Legends

The Power behind the Vampire Throne

Count Orlok has sought dominion of the world through vampire slaves since the second century AD. In the 1400s, he turned hundreds by promising immune to the Black Death. When imprisoned by the power of the Church, he still managed to gain influence through an agent named Vlad. When Van Helsing foiled those plans, Orlok was forced to forge a new apprentice in the person of British nobleman Jonathan Howlett, who he eventually sent to curry favor as the Nazi super being “Nachtoter.” When that intermediary was struck down by Pendragon, Orlok simply faded back into the shadows, and began his next plan…

Written and illustrated by Jacob Blackmon, and Super Powered by M&M!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ds-Count-Orlok

Comment

Family First!

The Challengers aren’t just a tight-knit group of heroes with a shared history, they’re also a family. Though Byron Stern (Brute), Amber Gale (Ember), Savannah Gale (Veil), and Richard "Dick" Hughes (Expansion Man) didn’t intend to become heroes, they took to the roles thrust upon them with passion and dedication. From their debut protecting New York City from an invasion by Atlantis to thwarting alien invasions, discovering long-lost civilizations, making peace with interstellar sun-eaters, and even curing the common cold, the Challengers soon became known as one of the premiere go-to teams for facing any threat.

Available here: http://drivethrurpg.com/product/1541...ger-Foundation

Comment

Jump to Warp Speed!

Between the dominion of the militaristic Khor and the shapeshifting Faez empire sits Freespace, and unclaimed stretch of inhabited stars threatened by the god-like Inphinites, the transforming Machina, and the vampiric Manes. In recent years, the most notorious champions of Freespace have been an unlikely assortment of heroes: a trigger-happy genetically-augmented mammalian; an enigmatic Arborhulk; the galaxy’s most deadly assassin; a vengeful soldier with nothing to lose; and a scoundrel from the savage world of Earth. They are the best chance Freespace has of remaining free.

God help us all.

Available for sale here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...Speed-Warriors

Comment

Forged By the Gods!

Created through the skill of Hephaestus and imbued with the will of the King of Olympus, Talos (PL 14) is an unstoppable, towering statue of divinely-wrought bronze. Meant to guard the gods, when Hecate usurped control of Olympus, she sent Talos to destroy her arch-rival, the goddess Jupiter. Though Jupiter could not destroy Talos through brute force, she was clever enough to overcome the threat and hurl it through a dimensional gate. But somewhere in the vastness of space, an ancient Greek statue lies in wait for a new master…

Available on DriveThruRPG here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...-Legends-Talos

Comment

"All shall be safe, and all shall OBEY, under the rule of d'Arc!"

Lord d'Arc (PL 12) is a genius tyrant who believes only under his iron rule can the world survive. A master of science and sorcery, a renowned vampire hunter, and a dedicated ruler of his people, Lord d'Arc is also driven by his need to prove himself superior to Richard Hughes of the Challenger Foundation.

Now available for sale here: http://drivethrurpg.com/product/1554...ends-Lord-dArc

Comment

"This time, it’s YOUSE gettin' extincted!"

Boerio “Barry” Oberto was just another hired thug working for the Cartels, until he was selected to be a test subject in the Ramses Corporation's efforts to create augmented superbeings. Becoming the mighty Triceratops (PL 10), the Cartels sent Barry to deal with the annoying hero Recluse. Barry isn’t as dumb as people think, and his augmented muscles and suit of triceratops allow him to go toe-to-toe with some of the most powerful heroes on Earth!
              Written and illustrated by Jacob E. Blackmon, and Super Powered by M&M!

Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ds-Triceratops

Comment

Thanks so much for these. These homages to the "the big M" comic book company was sorely lacking, especially with a tip of the hat to their cinematic incarations.

Any thought to characters of a more radioactive character (cough cough Mutants cough cough)?

How about characters more inspired by other companies, say maybe those from Valiant or even DC? The latter could really use some cinematic love, especially a cinematic Suicide Squad analogue...

Comment

Originally posted by Prophesteve View Post
                  Thanks so much for these. These homages to the "the big M" comic book company was sorely lacking, especially with a tip of the hat to their cinematic incarations.

Any thought to characters of a more radioactive character (cough cough Mutants cough cough)?

How about characters more inspired by other companies, say maybe those from Valiant or even DC? The latter could really use some cinematic love, especially a cinematic Suicide Squad analogue...
                  While I was planning on keeping my homage character limited to "the Big M," my editor has told me that I should have homage builds ready for DC characters when their films are ready for release. I see the wisdom in this and will have something appropriate done by then. The only reason I have currently limited my homage character to the popular cinematic franchise is just that... they are really popular. I decided to start with a bang and go for the big icons of the superhero industry.

As for the muties, I have eluded to Metas in various products, and will eventually have products featuring homages to everyone's favorite natural-born super-freaks and the school they attend. In fact, you should check out today's release featuring a pair of twins who used to be Meta-terrorist villains, but are now members of the greatest heroes of earth...

Comment

He's Swift. She's Lucky.

Before they were Mercury (PL 10) and Violet (PL 10), the Niemczyk twins were just Pavel and Wioletta, Polish orphans living a harsh life of foster homes and abuse. When their Meta powers flourished, they were taken in by Polarity, the powerful master of the Meta nation group, who claimed he just wanted safety and peace for their kind. But when he was revealed to be a warmonger, Mercury and Violet used their superhuman speed and probability manipulation to assist in defeating Polarity, and have since gained a pardon in return for joining the hero group the Sentinels.

Written and Illustrated by Jacob Blackmon, and Super Powered by M&M!

http://drivethrurpg.com/product/1561...ury-and-Violet

Comment

[QUOTE=Prodigy Duck;125430]While I was planning on keeping my homage character limited to "the Big M,".../QUOTE]

That is great. I will definately be picking them up.

And by sorely lacking in my earlier comment I meant that other creators seem to concentrate on JLA inspired heroes. Its nice to see some Avengers...

Cannot wait to see other homages to cinematic versions of other heroes

Comment

All of the art and manuscripts have been done for the following characters... They are in the hands of the editor now. So many more still to do.

Comment

Okay, I can pretty much guess who most of these guys are analogs for, but the Nazi wearing cape guy, the "bugs" and big black dude (2nd from from the left, next to last row), are complete mysteries to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
                            Okay, I can pretty much guess who most of these guys are analogs for, but the Nazi wearing cape guy, the "bugs" and big black dude (2nd from from the left, next to last row), are complete mysteries to me.
                            I am sure the bugs are an homage to the Micronauts, which makes sense since we had a Karza analogue

Comment

"TO RESIST MEIN OFERLORDS IS AN EXCERSISE IN FUTILITY!!"

A relic of WWI and WWII, Hauptman Klaue (PL 10) has returned to a world he no longer recognizes. His homeland has forsaken the Nazi Reich, so he must use his genius and his technology to realize the Fuhrer's original genocidal vision. Slowly, methodically, he maneuvers his Overlords into place. One day, he will destroy his hated Allied foe, Pendragon, and put this world into his own twisted view of order!
                              Written and Illustrated by Jacob Blackmon, and Super Powered by M&M!

Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...Hauptman-Klaue

Comment

Quick question, any idea of when we'll see the Overlords hit? And if I'm guessing correctly, form the looks of them, they're homages to Ultron's (Crimson Cowl) version of the Masters of Evil (Black Knight, Klaw, Melter, Radioactive Man and Whirlwind).

Comment

Working...
                                X