Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ronin Army has increased in size!

Hey there gents and ladies!

As of 4:50 AM on 11/29; the Ronin Army has a new member!

My daughter, Emmeline Caelia Daly was brought into this world.. though no super powers yet; aside from being the peak of human cuteness and excessive poop production. To quote a long forgotten issue of PunX; "How is pooping a super power? It's about the quantity."

I can hardly wait to begin indoctrinating her into how awesome comics and games are. Indeed, i plan on adding my DC Hardcover Archived Doom Patrol and Metal Men volumes to her bedtime reading.

But for now, i'll simply be trying to get as much sleep as i can, when she allows it.

And yes, Both Mommy and Baby are also doing fine.
    "Oh poop!" (inexact translation) Author Unknown, Pompeii circa 79 A.D.

Re: The Ronin Army has increased in size!

Congratulations. You're in for an awesome experience.

And good luck on the sleep thing. It won't be coming soon ;}

Comment

Originally posted by savijmuhdrox View Post

My daughter, Emmeline Caelia Daly was brought into this world.. though no super powers yet; aside from being the peak of human cuteness and excessive poop production. To quote a long forgotten issue of PunX; "How is pooping a super power? It's about the quantity."

I can hardly wait to begin indoctrinating her into how awesome comics and games are. Indeed, i plan on adding my DC Hardcover Archived Doom Patrol and Metal Men volumes to her bedtime reading.

But for now, i'll simply be trying to get as much sleep as i can, when she allows it.

congrats. take it from a man who knows that you must never, EVER allow a chance to hug, kiss and tell your children that you love them go by you. and when the little bit gets fussy and not wanting to sleep through the night do what i did. i did the midnight feedings with my sons. babies love to sleep all day and party all night, but there is a way to break them of this... take then to your living room with the tv on with the sound set to they can hear it, place a lamp beside the couch or recliner. lay back with the baby's ear over your heart. and they will sleep through the night for the first few months and get into a sleeping pattern more like those vile evil monsters who set the moon on fire during the day. those evil fire worshiping bastards! what did the moon ever do to you to deserve being set on fire during the daylight hours??? Damn evil Bastards.

but i degress. doing this will allow a father to have extra bonding time with their babies. mums get up to 10 months of bonding time as the little bit grows in their belly. see midnight feedings as a chance to bogart some one-on-one bonding time. it'll be the best rest you will ever get. i should know. didn't sleep, but was rested and energized through out the next day so much that i didn't curse those evil moon burning bastards throughout the day.

a minute doesn't go by that i miss my sons, and hate myself for all those moments i could have scooped them up into my arms and kiss them, hug them and tell them i love them. being trapped with memories of each of those missed chances makes me hate myself even more than i already do. i failed them. and now i am broken and alone. waiting for the day when my sons will be old enough to come looking for me. don't end up like me. a broken shell. a failure. who when he sees a child is reminded that all he ever wanted was to be a husband and father. and he failed at that so spectacularly that his wife took his sons to England and won't even let him see pictures of his sons after he was crippled in a car wreck. hug your kids. every chance you get. don't end up like me. let my pain be the object lesson that you learn from. allow for my pain to save you from following on a path that will make that YOUR pain.

there is nothing greater in this world than looking into the eyes of your children and seeing your love reflected back at you. no sound more beautiful than a child's laughter or screeches. no smell more wonderful and fragrant than a dirty diaper. these sights, sounds and smells.... when you loose them. they become a wonderful dream than you don't want to wake up from.

so enjoy them my friend. your love lives onward in your children just as that love of your parents live on in you. and your grandparents love lived on in your parents... love never dies. it just gets stronger with each generation if you allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by American_Patriot View Post
        congrats. take it from a man who knows that you must never, EVER allow a chance to hug, kiss and tell your children that you love them go by you. and when the little bit gets fussy and not wanting to sleep through the night do what i did. i did the midnight feedings with my sons. babies love to sleep all day and party all night, but there is a way to break them of this... take then to your living room with the tv on with the sound set to they can hear it, place a lamp beside the couch or recliner. lay back with the baby's ear over your heart. and they will sleep through the night for the first few months and get into a sleeping pattern more like those vile evil monsters who set the moon on fire during the day. those evil fire worshiping bastards! what did the moon ever do to you to deserve being set on fire during the daylight hours??? Damn evil Bastards.

but i degress. doing this will allow a father to have extra bonding time with their babies. mums get up to 10 months of bonding time as the little bit grows in their belly. see midnight feedings as a chance to bogart some one-on-one bonding time. it'll be the best rest you will ever get. i should know. didn't sleep, but was rested and energized through out the next day so much that i didn't curse those evil moon burning bastards throughout the day.

a minute doesn't go by that i miss my sons, and hate myself for all those moments i could have scooped them up into my arms and kiss them, hug them and tell them i love them. being trapped with memories of each of those missed chances makes me hate myself even more than i already do. i failed them. and now i am broken and alone. waiting for the day when my sons will be old enough to come looking for me. don't end up like me. a broken shell. a failure. who when he sees a child is reminded that all he ever wanted was to be a husband and father. and he failed at that so spectacularly that his wife took his sons to England and won't even let him see pictures of his sons after he was crippled in a car wreck. hug your kids. every chance you get. don't end up like me. let my pain be the object lesson that you learn from. allow for my pain to save you from following on a path that will make that YOUR pain.

there is nothing greater in this world than looking into the eyes of your children and seeing your love reflected back at you. no sound more beautiful than a child's laughter or screeches. no smell more wonderful and fragrant than a dirty diaper. these sights, sounds and smells.... when you loose them. they become a wonderful dream than you don't want to wake up from.

so enjoy them my friend. your love lives onward in your children just as that love of your parents live on in you. and your grandparents love lived on in your parents... love never dies. it just gets stronger with each generation if you allow it.
        Thanks man. I will take all your words to heart..

we've been trying for a long time; its been a.. harrowing.. journey to inappropriately sum it all up in one word. And while I'd like to think that such experiences will make sure we never under-appreciate what we've been given.. somewhere along the line i've also learned to take heed from any and all advice proffered... and while advice on poop and sleep may seem more obvious, its sometimes the more poignant heartfelt advice thats probably the best.

Again, thanks man. and i hope one day your sons do come for you.
        "Oh poop!" (inexact translation) Author Unknown, Pompeii circa 79 A.D.

Comment

Congrats. Enjoy every stage as she grows up, they go by too fast
          Apprentice Mastermind:
          Assorted Builds: [url]https://calubrecht.us/mutantsAndMasterminds/miscreants.html[/url]

Comment

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.
            [b]The United Federation of Charles[/b]: [url]http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/[/url]
            [b]Twitter[/b]: Charles Phipps@Willowhugger

Comment

Thanks man. I will take all your words to heart..

we've been trying for a long time; its been a.. harrowing.. journey to inappropriately sum it all up in one word. And while I'd like to think that such experiences will make sure we never under-appreciate what we've been given.. somewhere along the line i've also learned to take heed from any and all advice proffered... and while advice on poop and sleep may seem more obvious, its sometimes the more poignant heartfelt advice thats probably the best.

Again, thanks man. and i hope one day your sons do come for you.
              thank you so much. i live for that day. if you ever need advice, i'm always here. it's going to be a crazy and wild ride. but it's what will make you perhaps the best person you will ever become. and it will make you see the world in an entirely different way, and as they explore and learn... so will you. you're gonna get to take part in that learning... and it will make you so much greater than you would ever think possible.

Comment

Grats Sav! You're on a spectacular journey...and the greatest part is you are not alone. I wish you and yours a very long and happy life. Good job dude!
                "One must first experience pain in order to be grateful for its absence."

Comment

Congratulations. Your family is blessed.

Comment

congratulations

Comment

Working...
                    X