Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain America: Civil War

First pic of Crossbones!

Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Re: Captain America: Civil War

That's some good stuff.

Hopefully the movie won't get too bogged down with hero vs. hero shenanigans, and we'll get a nice long fight between Cap and Crossbones with his pneumatic punch-gloves.
    Punching For Justice

Comment

After Watching The Purge 2 (I was bored okay?), I came to like Frank Grillo even more than I did during CA2. I wouldn't mind seeing him stick around for a couple cinematic appearances.

Comment

I find myself hoping we actually get some villains that survive the films more. Part of it is just because I don't like death being the only way to stop these threats, but part of it is also I'd love to see a MCU Masters of Evil.
        [U][B]Custom Settings[/B][/U]__________________________________
        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/236-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series?p=4519#post4519"]Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]
        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/139-The-Mean-Streets-of-Magic-and-Other-Extraordinary-Thinggs"]The Mean Streets of Magic and Other Extraordinary Things[/URL]
        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]Ares' Builds - [/URL][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]The Marvel Family and Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]

Comment

While I do love the continuity being shown throughout the Marvel universe I am a bit speculative about the over abundance of appearances by heroes in Civil War. I doubt Crossbones will be any more than the same type of job or villain that Batroc the Leaper was in Winter Soldier. More than likely he plays the role of jobber lieutenant again this time to Baron Zemo.

To date I still think Winter Soldier was the best story told in the Marvel universe. I enjoyed Age of all Ultron for what it was and would like to do the same for Civil War but I'm afraid my expectations are just going to be a bit higher considering how good it's predecessor turned out. I fear the positive momentum of these movies is bound to stumble at some point.

Comment

Full on super villain mode for Crossbones! Holy crap...they went and fixed the one nit picky gripe I had about Cap 2: Winter Solider.

He looks awesome!
            "One must first experience pain in order to be grateful for its absence."

Comment

First trailer.
              Punching For Justice

Comment

The writers look like they're actually trying to make the whole Civil War premise actually make sense. You've got the Avengers who just took part in blowing up a city after an evil robot one of them had accidentally created lifted it up out of the ground and nearly turned it into an extinction level event. It makes sense that the governments of the world might try to institute some kind of policies regarding superheroes. Likewise, the driving conflict between Cap and Tony seems to be Cap wanting to protect Bucky, who Tony probably knows kills his parents. The 'handing over Avengers equipment' bit also kind of reminded me of Gruenwald's Cap series where Cap decided to give up the Cap identity rather than submit to the US government.

Black Panther looks pretty cool so far. Interesting seeing Hawkeye back on Cap's side. Interesting to see the trailers that showcase Vision, Ant-Man and Spider-Man.

One little thing that stuck out was how vulnerable the Arc Reactors in the Iron Man and War Machine armors apparently are, at least in this film. We have a scene of Tony cradling an unconscious Rhodey whose Arc Reactor appears to be ripped out or blown up. And then later, Winter Soldier apparently tries to rip Tony's Arc Reactor out of the armor.

Tony: "Memo to self: back up Arc Reactors in the armor's shoulder blades."

Though it would be funny if they subvert that and Tony blows Bucky's metal hand off with a uni-beam. And it's likely being used to give some of the more human level guys a chance against the guys in power armor. The scene where Bucky and Cap were double teaming Tony and flipping the shield back and forth between them was pretty awesome.

Steve: "I'm sorry Tony. You know I wouldn't do this if I had any other choice. But he's my friend."
                Tony: "So was I."

Ouch. Earth's heroes are looking to be at their most fractured when Thanos arrives in 2018.
                [U][B]Custom Settings[/B][/U]__________________________________
                [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/236-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series?p=4519#post4519"]Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]
                [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/139-The-Mean-Streets-of-Magic-and-Other-Extraordinary-Thinggs"]The Mean Streets of Magic and Other Extraordinary Things[/URL]
                [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]Ares' Builds - [/URL][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]The Marvel Family and Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]

Comment

I hate that I know Cap ends up dead at the end of Civil War. Changing that would cheapen the one of the few things that was good about the story.

... So ... Here's to hoping at the least that self-centered douche bag Stark gets his ass kicked six ways to Sunday.

Comment

Given Evans' contract and Infinity War, that seems...unlikely.
                    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Eld View Post
                      Given Evans' contract and Infinity War, that seems...unlikely.
                      Yeah, Cap/Chris Evans isn't going anywhere. The movies only tangentially follow the comics. Basic concepts, not specifics. If they will kill anyone, it would be Tony Stark. RDJ's price tag is more than all the other actors combined times two! Knowing the hollywood crowd, they won't think the movie has any stakes if everyone lives, so someone will probably eat it.

Comment

I saw Wanda ("Scarlet Witch) and was that Black Panther? What about Hawkeye, Hulk and Thor? It would be good if any Marvel character that has made the big screen appear to be on one side or the other. I guess that would also include Ant-Man.

Comment

Thor and Hulk probably won't show up, or at least there's been no mention of them.

Hawkeye and Black Panther are in the trailer, and Ant-Man is confirmed to appear. Same thing with Spider-Man, and Vision.

I'm curious to see who Martin Freeman will be playing.
                          [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Thanks for the info, Arthur.

I am glad Spidey and Vision will also be in it. I think they need to have as many show up as possible, since in the comic, it was the entire MU. On screen appearances, even minor camoes is still good for fans and makes more sense than Cap's Civil War being ONLY between him and Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Eld View Post
                              I'm curious to see who Martin Freeman will be playing.
                              Considering he's supposed to be reprising the role in the 'Black Panther' film, my fingers are crossed for Everett Ross.
                              Punching For Justice

Comment

Working...
                              X