Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

    First trailer! Link!

    Mostly an introduction to the characters. Confirmation that Sara Lance is back due to Lazarus Pit related shenanigans. Still no explanation as to why we're seeing a lot of Victor Gerber and no Robbie Amell in the promotional materials.

    The effects look...not great. Hawkgirl's flying, and the Atom in miniature actually look pretty bad. It's still early days, so hopefully they'll be able to get everything up to the quality of 'The Flash', but right now I wouldn't be surprised if Palmer's suit's shrinking ability keeps getting busted every other episode.

    Apparently they're going to be jumping around time, trying to fight Vanadal Savage. Which I'm wary of, because time travel is just a terrible plot contrivance, but I do like me some Vanadal Savage.

    Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz are enough that I'd already be sold on this.
    Punching For Justice

  • #2
    Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

    I know, look at that other show Arthur Darvill was in that involved Time Travel-that had "canceled in one season" written all over it.

    Time travel is like FTL, or any number of other sci-fi plot devices. The execution is much more important than the idea itself.

    Also, you might see more Victor Garber because he doesn't get any actual Firestorm time, that's all Amell, so you might see more Stein than Ronnie, if that makes sense.
    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

      Don't forget they've introduced Jason Rusch so due to time travel shenanigans he may actually be the other half of Firestorm in this series.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

        Originally posted by Arthur Eld View Post
        Also, you might see more Victor Garber because he doesn't get any actual Firestorm time, that's all Amell, so you might see more Stein than Ronnie, if that makes sense.
        Right, but Amell hasn't yet been announced as part of the cast, and in the trailer, we don't actually see Firestorm's face. It's just odd, is all.
        Punching For Justice

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

          looks awesome.. I'm especially intrigued about the slo-mo Capn Cold scene with White Canary? and then Reverse Flash in prison in the background.. the particle accelerator?

          So you weren't dead? You were just.. small?
          Priceless.
          "Oh poop!" (inexact translation) Author Unknown, Pompeii circa 79 A.D.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

            Well I think some of this will happen in next week's the Flash to set-up the spin-off.

            And true, Rusch might appear. I highly doubt Amell would leave the character though without a very good reason-he seems to get a kick out of playing Firestorm.
            [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

              Hasn't Sara been dead for several months in the shows timeline? Is a the Lazarus pit that powerful?
              Last edited by mrdent12; 05-14-2015, 12:36 PM.
              [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

                In the wise words of Cosmo Kramer, 'Evidently".
                [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

                  I'm very skeptical. Movies almost never manage to use time travel as a major plot point without ending up a complete mess. TV, even less so. Just because there's so much more opportunity to screw it up. I'll be surprised if this one manages to buck that trend.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

                    This one has the advantage of not trying to change anything. Having Rip Hunter involved makes me a little more confident there will not be major issues like other shows that have time travel *cough*heroes*cough*. Plus, DC has been dealing with time travel for a while in comics, so they may be better at it by now.
                    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

                      Originally posted by mrdent12 View Post
                      Plus, DC has been dealing with time travel for a while in comics, so they may be better at it by now.
                      "Oh poop!" (inexact translation) Author Unknown, Pompeii circa 79 A.D.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

                        All I know is this will make me very sad if it means Captain Cold won't be a part of The Flash anymore. I really like what Wentworth Miller does with the character.
                        "One must first experience pain in order to be grateful for its absence."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

                          Well, apparently the CW wants a bit more time to tweak LoT (no R), because it doesn't appear on the fall line up just released to Entertainment Weekly. So, either the CW is holding it until spring 2016 (not a bad idea) or keeping it in reserve as a midseason replacement for the struggling iZombie (a not as good idea) or focusing on the first option while keeping it open for the second.

                          Holding it back for the spring schedule is advantageous for a couple reasons. They can spend more time in post production perfecting the visual effects and they aren't under the gun for time if some scene re-shoots are needed. Regardless of the reason, if they put out another quality product, I'm certain the fans will support it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

                            Saw the trailer and wow! This looks way better than I expected. Love seeing Caity Lotz back in action! And Vandal Savage as the big bad!?!! Awesome!

                            I really loved the Supergirl trailer too. Greg Berlanti is totally batting .1000 when it comes to DC on TV. Warners needs to promote this guy to a Kevin Feige like role for the DCU. Seriously.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: DC's 'Legends of Tomorrow'

                              Originally posted by Horsenhero View Post
                              Well, apparently the CW wants a bit more time to tweak LoT (no R), because it doesn't appear on the fall line up just released to Entertainment Weekly. So, either the CW is holding it until spring 2016 (not a bad idea) or keeping it in reserve as a midseason replacement for the struggling iZombie (a not as good idea) or focusing on the first option while keeping it open for the second.

                              Holding it back for the spring schedule is advantageous for a couple reasons. They can spend more time in post production perfecting the visual effects and they aren't under the gun for time if some scene re-shoots are needed. Regardless of the reason, if they put out another quality product, I'm certain the fans will support it.
                              one of the articles I read stated it was a mid-season show, so that might explain it.
                              "Oh poop!" (inexact translation) Author Unknown, Pompeii circa 79 A.D.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X