Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suicide Squad

Originally posted by Cannibal View Post
    I like that movie but my problem with it is that Batman, when pretending to be the Black Spider, actually witness the Suicide Squad killing a considerable number of guards. I think it is during the fight in the bridge, when Shark King is blinded and Killer Frost direct him in a charge against a barricade of soldiers. I also think that someone else was killed inside the infirmary and he did nothing. Now I really liked the movie but that was hard for me to swallow after Bat revealed himself.
    Totally agree, except that you didn't really need to be told that it was Batman in disguise, did you? There was never any chance Batman lost that fight with Black Spider off camera.
    Last edited by Mr Mole; 08-18-2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mole View Post
      Totally agree, except that you didn't really need to be told that it was Batman in disguise, did you? There was never any chance Batman lost that fight with Black Spider off camera.
      Yeah. Bronze Tiger I could buy. Black Spider? Nah.
      [U][B]Custom Settings[/B][/U]__________________________________
      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/236-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series?p=4519#post4519"]Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]
      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/139-The-Mean-Streets-of-Magic-and-Other-Extraordinary-Thinggs"]The Mean Streets of Magic and Other Extraordinary Things[/URL]
      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]Ares' Builds - [/URL][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]The Marvel Family and Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]

Comment

Sooooo..... i FINALLY saw this (hence the thread resurrection).

Now, i did only watch the extended cut; but, i thought it was a pretty darn fun movie.

For me personally, i thought it was great; but its not a movie i will defend against detractors.. like Death Race.. i enjoyed it a lot, but i know where it stands.

Have any of you re-watched it yet, with the added scenes? Do they add a lot? Should i even bother with the theatrical version at this point?

Things that bugged me...
        -Waller shooting her staff, doesn't seem to be something Waller would do, at least from an efficiency standpoint.. she's ruthless, not a killer though..
        -Killer Croc should have been bigger, understanding that would be expensive.. but maybe some more prosthetic arm muscles or something

Things that sealed the deal..
        -El Diablo; loved that guy; honestly would say he was the spine of the movie.
        -Will Smith was actually pretty darn good, defnlee took ownership of the Deadshot character for me.. goodbye TonyStark lookalike.. hello Will Smith.
        -Leto's Joker.. was well.. crazy.. a lot to take in there.. but i did love that laugh. I would watch more of him.

I would rate this above BvS; but in all fairness, i am watching the extended version.. and if i'm gonna compare apples-to-apples; i should give the BvS extended cut a viewing; so i'll have to asterisk that rating.

And since one can tell that these movies are all in the same film-verse.. a re-viewing of BvS (extended though) may help with any future DC film viewings.

and honestly, i would whole-heartedly embrace a Suicide Squad 2, maybe cut back just a tad on the rock music overlays, but keep the tight plot-writing and ensemble cast and yeah.. this film could defnitely be improved upon..
        "Oh poop!" (inexact translation) Author Unknown, Pompeii circa 79 A.D.

Comment

my main issue wasn't the casting(they did the best they could there....still think Smith would make a Better Bronze Tiger than Deadshot,but they could've done worse...),it was who they picked for the Squad in the First place.I know they're trying to do the Nu-52 BS,but they couldn't have used Actual Squad members from the Comics?! The only one's they used were Flagg,Deadshot,Boomerang&Enchantress.

Now i have no issue's with Harley Quinn,i just don't think she's squad material.My brother say's they picked her for Intel on the Area,But Deadshot's himself lived there too...

and i happen to agree with you:Waller wouldn't have shot all her staff,as usually they were the only people she trusted.
          Originally posted by Bladewind
          Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

Comment

Don't forget Slipknot, used for the same quick gag as in the comics where Captain Boomerang said that the remote explosives were totally a bluff, and hey, why don't you try running? Oops, nope, they're real alright.
            [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
            [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

I think the source material they were using was definitely the newer Suicide Squad members.. of which El Diablo was a member.

Though the Killer Croc inclusion left me puzzled. I don't mind it, because Croc is a personal favorite character of mine; though I'm guessing they wanted another Bat-villain to "possibly" keep this film somewhat Bat-centric. Yet, of course they threw the Flash reference in there, so whatever..

I'd be fine leaving Croc out of sequel though.. but then you gotta guarantee me we get Multiplex (PINKY SWEAR!!!)

and Katana stays.. definitely.. totally deserves her own well done.. something

poor Slipknot.. no wait.. Poor Adam Beach.. dude is in EVERYTHING and just can't catch a break(out role)..

Just checked about the sequel.. sounds like the studio wants to do one.. but also can't make up their mind about it either.. since they have "plans" for Harley in her own spin-off and possible plans for Smith in a Deadshot spinoff..

sigh.. poor DC.. the minute something somewhat golden falls in their lap.. they blow their load.

well, hopefully, something comes back down the pike as an SS2 with a nice big cast again.

Comment

maybe,if they actually do their research&look at the MASSIVE Roster the Squad has...to wit:
                Amanda Waller created the Suicide Squad while acting as head of Task Force X.
                Ambush Bug was with the Squad very briefly during Invasion!.[117]
                The Atom
                Bane
                Big Sir
                Black Adam
                Black Orchid
                becomes an undercover operative working for Waller when they discredit William Hell.
                Blackguard
                Blackstarr
                Blockbuster
                is recruited by Waller during Legends to fight Brimstone. He is killed by Brimstone.
                Bolt
                Briscoe
                was the team's pilot, usually flying the Sheba as air support. He was killed on a mission to Apokolips.
                Bronze Tiger is recruited by Waller during Legends to fight Brimstone. He chose to stay with the Suicide Squad so they would help him recover his memories.
                Bulldozer
                Captain Boomerang is recruited to the team during Legends to fight Brimstone. He stayed with the Squad for many years.
                Captain Cold was recruited on the mission to stop Doctor ZZ. He was released after completing his second mission.
                Catalyst
                Chronos is part of the team sent to discredit William Hell.
                Clock King
                Cluemaster
                Copperhead

Count Vertigo is one of several new recruits during the Ogaden mission. He stays with the team long-term because of his death wish.
                Deadshot is recruited by Waller during Legends to fight Brimstone. He chose to stay with the Suicide Squad because of his personal death wish.
                Doctor Light volunteers for the program to secure an early release, but he is told he's not dangerous enough. He is later recruited during the Ogaden mission.
                Double Down
                Duchess
                meets the team as an amnesiac, and offers them her services.
                Electrocutioner
                Eliza
                Enchantress
                is recruited by Waller during Legends to fight Brimstone. She chooses to stay with the team because Waller promises to help tame her evil side.
                Enforcer
                Firehawk
                Flex
                The General
                Hawkman
                Havana

Hugh Evans is an astro physicist who was part of the Silver Age team. He was killed by a Yeti in Cambodia on their last mission.
                Icicle
                Javelin
                is part of the team that rescues Nemesis out of the Soviet Union.
                Jess Bright is a nuclear physicist who was part of the Silver Age team. He was believed to have died when a Yeti attacked them in Cambodia. It was later revealed that China had recovered him, and they turned him into a monster called Koschei.
                Karin Grace was a combat medic who fell in love with Rick Flag and followed him to Task Force X. She became a member of the Manhunters after they broke up, and died during Millennium.
                is part of the team sent to capture a rogue Firestorm.[23]
                King Faraday
                King Shark
                Knockout
                Lady Liberty
                became a member of the Squad when they captured her team, the Force of July, in The Janus Directive.She saved the world by blowing up Kobra's pulse cannon, but died in the explosion.
                Larvanaut
                Major Disaster
                Major Victory
                was appointed to the Squad after the rest of his teammates in Force of July were killed during the Janus Directive.
                Marauder
                Maser
                Mindboggler
                is one of the first recruits to Waller's team. Captain Boomerang betrays her in the field and she is killed by Rustam.
                Mirror Master
                Modem
                Mongul

Mr. 104 is part of the team sent to retrieve Hawk in Nicaragua. He is killed by the Rocket Reds.
                Multi-Man
                Multiplex is part of the team sent to capture a rogue Firestorm. He is apparently killed by Parasite.
                Nemesis is recruited by Waller to work as an undercover operative, and his first mission is infiltrating Jihad.
                Nightshade is the second operative chosen by Waller, after Rick Flag. In her first mission she goes undercover as a member of Jihad.
                Oracle
                Outlaw

Parasite is part of the team sent to arrest a rogue Firestorm. Flag believes he is too dangerous, but Derek Tolliver releases him. Parasite goes on a killing spree attacking both Firestorm and the rest of the Suicide Squad.
                The Penguin is recruited to plan the kidnapping of Zoya Trigorin in Moscow. He leaves after this mission.
                Plasmus
                Plastique
                is an early recruit by Waller. They erase her memory when she betrays the team to terrorists.
                Poison Ivy
                Power Girl

Privateer was enlisted by Waller for his experience with the Manhunters. He later quit to go freelance.
                Psi is part of the team sent to retrieve Hawk in Nicaragua. She is blasted by a Rocket Red and later dies of her injuries.
                Punch & Jewelee are recruited during the Ogaden mission. They leave the Squad to raise their child after it's discovered that Jewelee is pregnant.
                Putty
                Quartzite
                Ravan
                was originally a member of the terrorist group Jihad. Bronze Tiger convinced him to defect to the Suicide Squad. His first fieldwork was during the Ogaden mission. He later died in combat fighting his nemesis Kobra.
                Reactron
                Col. Rick Flagg Jr.
                was a pilot who originally lead the team. Waller later recruited him as her field leader. He was supposedly killed when a bomb exploded next to him and Rustam.
                Sam Makoa
                Schrek
                Sgt. Rock
                Shade the Changing Man
                becomes a member when they rescue him from the Zero-Zone, and help him kill Doctor ZZ. He was returned home to Meta by the Omega Effect when they met Darkseid.
                Shrapnel is part of President Luthor's Suicide Squad.[101] He is torn apart by Doomsday in the JLA Watchtower.
                Shrike was recruited during the Ogaden mission.[56] She was killed by enemy gunfire on her first mission.
                Sidearm
                Silent Majority
                became a member of the Squad when his team, the Force of July, was captured by them during The Janus Directive. He was shot dead by Kobra's forces during his first mission.
                Silver Banshee
                Silver Swan
                Sledge
                Slipknot
                is recruited when they send a team to arrest Firestorm. Captain Boomerang tricks him into blowing his arm off with the security bracelet.
                Solomon Grundy
                Speedy briefly joins the team to take down drug czar Xavier Cujo. He leaves after this mission.
                Sportsmaster
                Stalnoivolk
                Star-Spangled Kid

Steel is part of President Luthor's Suicide Squad. He is nearly killed while releasing Doomsday.
                Tattooed Man
                Thermal

Thinker is part of the team sent to retrieve Hawk in Nicaragua. He is killed by Weasel to disable his mental control of the team.[36]
                Thinker II
                Twister
                Virtuoso

Vixen teams up with the Suicide Squad to avenge a friend that was murdered by drug dealers. In her anger she kills Xavier Cujo, and she accepts Waller's invitation for permanent membership because she believes she should serve time among criminals.Fall's for Bronze Tiger.
                Weasel is part of the team sent to retrieve Hawk in Nicaragua. He is killed by a deranged Rick Flag wielding the Thinking Cap.
                White Dragon
                Wildcat
                Windfall

The Writer was with the Squad very briefly where he died on a mission during the War of the Gods.
                Yasemin Soze
                Originally posted by Bladewind
                Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

Comment

Impressive.

Of course, I just had to look up some of the more obscure ones..

and now i demand they put Larvanaut in the next movie!

D-List characters FTW!!!!

Comment

With a changing roster that large, essentially anyone can be a member, so I don't see the point in complaining that most of the team weren't members in the books during the era you preferred.
                    Apprentice Mastermind:
                    Assorted Builds: [url]https://calubrecht.us/mutantsAndMasterminds/miscreants.html[/url]

Comment

the squad does keep evolving and at least one person on that list is alive now

Atom Smasher should also be on there as well

Comment

Working...
                      X