The webseries Caper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The webseries Caper

I seem to be the only person who's ever heard of it.

Did someone ever write them up (using healthy amounts of imagination because we aren't shown that much about them)?
    Some M&M stuff at my blog, [URL="http://jhmcmullen.blogspot.ca"][i]Iconic Energy[/i][/URL], but mostly [i]ICONS[/i]

Re: The webseries Caper

Do you have a link to the series?
    Signatures are broken?

Comment

Originally posted by Kythkyn View Post
      Do you have a link to the series?
      Nine episodes total.

A playlist

Individual episodes:

Episode 1: City of Angles
      Episode 2: The Kilt Brahs
      Episode 3: Psycho Path
      Episode 4: The British Guy
      Episode 5: Lasers and Feelings
      Episode 6: Southpaw's Always Right
      Episode 7: Historectomy
      Episode 8: All hands on Peltas
      Episode 9: Worst Bad Guys Ever

Done primarily by Amy Berg, who has been involved in lots of other stuff, such as Eureka. Good production values (which is probably why there won't be a second series). US residents can find it on Hulu, as well. Little cameos from Scott Bakula, Felicia Day, and, well, lots of others. If you know the main actors (such as Beth Riegraf), you might recognize some of the others.

The short format means that a lot of it relies on genre tropes, but that's okay. I don't think we ever find out Alexia's hero name.
      Last edited by kipling; 05-02-2014, 12:46 PM.
      Some M&M stuff at my blog, [URL="http://jhmcmullen.blogspot.ca"][i]Iconic Energy[/i][/URL], but mostly [i]ICONS[/i]

Comment

Cool! I'll check it out.
        Signatures are broken?

Comment

Originally posted by kipling View Post
          I seem to be the only person who's ever heard of it.
          I heard about it, I just unsubscribed to it.... I wasn't a fan: to slow, to plodding, not enough focus on the A plot, to short to actually tell the specific story they were trying to tell.
          “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by saint_matthew View Post
            I heard about it, I just unsubscribed to it.... I wasn't a fan: to slow, to plodding, not enough focus on the A plot, to short to actually tell the specific story they were trying to tell.
            Obviously, opinions differ--I certainly thought there was too much recapping given the time they had, but I didn't find it boring. (Though I am still watching Agents of Shield, so clearly I can have a high tolerance when it hits on an area I like.)

I'd love to have seen the characters fleshed out more. (And now that all nine episodes are out, binging them in a ninety minute session makes it seem nicer--that was pretty much what I did, since I only came onto it in episode 8.)

Comment

So I just watched the last episode, since it appears I unsubbed at about issue 7.... I'm not happy about the villain motivation: To lampoon atheism like that really pissed me off.
              “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by saint_matthew View Post
                So I just watched the last episode, since it appears I unsubbed at about issue 7.... I'm not happy about the villain motivation: To lampoon atheism like that really pissed me off.
                Yeah, I wasn't too keen on that, so I looked into it and apparently Amy Berg is herself an atheist. And, to be fair there is a certain pockets of the atheism on-line which seem needlessly antagonistic just for the sake of it, which I assume is what she was going for with the character, but it doesn't change the fact that his motivations are ridiculous.
                Punching For Justice

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                  but it doesn't change the fact that his motivations are ridiculous.
                  Especially given how no one on the group was a god.... Closest you had was Dagar.... Who was just really strong & immortal. Guy didn't have a single non physical ability, let alone a divine power. Dagars a god in the same way that Marvels version of Thor is a god: Only in a real world mythological context.... In comic book terms he's just a guy with powers you normal humans don't have.... An if that's what a god is, then Supermans a god too.

Seems like a real weak sauce motivation for a villain really.

-Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                  X