Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode VII Teaser Trailer

Youtube Link

I've been prepared to be disappointed by the new trilogy for a while now, but I have to admit this actually has me excited. Those X-Wings flying low over the lake really brought it all home for me.
    Punching For Justice

Re: Episode VII Teaser Trailer

I wish I was still capable of feeling optimistic about it. I remember how excited I was when I saw the trailer for The Phantom Menace. Between the heartwrenching letdown of the prequels and Abrams' horrible take on Star Trek II... It just doesn't fill me with confidence or hope...

Still, there's a chance, however small, that it won't be a total nightmare.

I'm glad SOMEONE can still feel optimistic about it. I miss having that luxury.

Comment

they lost me with the crossguard on the lightsaber

Comment

Originally posted by witchfire View Post
        they lost me with the crossguard on the lightsaber
        That's actually a thing.
        Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mole View Post
          I wish I was still capable of feeling optimistic about it. I remember how excited I was when I saw the trailer for The Phantom Menace. Between the heartwrenching letdown of the prequels and Abrams' horrible take on Star Trek II... It just doesn't fill me with confidence or hope...
          I was right there with you. There isn't a single thing J.J. Abrams has done since the first season of 'Alias' that I thought was worth while, and when the trailer started up, I thought my fears were going to be realised; The silly soccer ball droid, and the big clunky speeder all looked like something you'd expect to see in a parody film, and the disorienting camera work inside the stormtrooper drop ship, and overly long black screen between clips made me concerned about the editing.

Those x-wings though.... The large space battles have always been my favourite part of Star Wars, and between those gorgeous, updated x-wings and the few seconds of the Millennium Falcon -- now with new rectangular communication dish! -- flying around the TIEs, it was like I was a kid again. I will forgive a lot if there's an awesome dogfight.
          Punching For Justice

Comment

I was sure it was a CGI or fan fake trailer...
            [QUOTE=Enigmatic One;178799][FONT=Verdana]Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m9d5ob31w5pfjw/Earth%20218.pdf?dl=0"]Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting[/URL]
            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/28-Blade-s-Third-Edition-Builds?p=109&viewfull=1#post109"]Blade's Builds[/URL]

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1554-The-Merge-3E-(OOC)?p=124944#post124944"]The Merge Character Sheet Lists[/URL]
            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4284-The-Merge-Cosmic-Quandaries-3e-Interest-check?p=167246&viewfull=1#post167246"]The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List[/URL]

Comment

I'm interested, but Star Wars needs to be BIG and EPIC. Everything looked small scale to me.

I'm meh on the cross guard saber, and not sold at all on John Boyega. I appreciate Abrams desire to get back to practical effects, and the movie looked like a definite attempt to get back to the "dirty universe" feel of A New Hope. However, the best SW film was Empire, and Empire had a little bit of a cleaner look. It doesn't need to be the shiny CG of the Prequels, but not everything needs to look old and grimy.

Its not blowing my skirt up yet, but I'll reserve further judgement until I can see a more polished trailer.

Comment

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that I will watch this.

I don't really have a strong opinion on the trailer, though. The X-Wing shot was cool, and while the crossguard lightsaber was ridiculous it didn't really bother me.

Comment

So my thoughts on who the characters might be judging by the rumors and the teaser.

-John Boyega's character is a defecting stormtrooper who discovers his connection to the force and goes on to train as a Jedi Knight (ala Kyle Katarn) under the tutelage of Luke Skywalker. He'll essentially serve as the central protagonist of this trilogy much as Luke was during the OT and Anakin during the prequels.

-The astromech droid is either a one-off character or the new third member of the droid duo of Threepio and Artoo.

-Daisy Ridley's character is Kira Solo, daughter of Han and Leia and Jedi Knight-in-training. From the look of things, she's busy fleeing from the Imps on Tatooine. (The Falcon's appearance could be explained as Han dropping by to rescue his little girl.)

-Oscar Issac's character is the commander of Rogue Squadron, nuff said.

Comment

F the haters. The minute the theme hit and Millennium Falcon was flying again, I...was...in.

Can't wait.
                    The Thorpacolypse
                    Member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent since 2005
                    Co-Chair of the Council of 13
                    "Hate you can trust"

Comment

Working...
                    X