Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new BAMFcast - talking about comics, Chris McGlothlin's new M&M project and relevancy comics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new BAMFcast - talking about comics, Chris McGlothlin's new M&M project and relevancy comics

On this very special episode of the BAMF podcast, we talk about "relevancy comics" - ie when superhero comics weigh in on social issues and how it's been done well and sometimes not so well other times.

We hear from artist Sean Izaakse and writer Vito Delsante all about the new comic Stray - which is something of an homage to the Speedy/Nightwing of yore and Vito's other project: World War Mob (which is a great comic you should be reading)

AND - Chris fills us in on his upcoming villains project for the Mutants and Masterminds RPG.

Jason Tondro, Walt Robillard and Ennie Award winner Christopher McGlothin co-host.

As a side-note, during the podcast, Vito asked why some of the Freedomverse characters haven't found their way into other kinds of media (comics and short stories etc)--- what does the Think Tank think about this. Would you guys/girls be up for seeing heroes and villains from the world of Freedom City in venues other than RPG books?

Re: new BAMFcast - talking about comics, Chris McGlothlin's new M&M project and relevancy comics

Um, since I have a tendency to be a firebrand (with all the tact of a sledge-hammer) I'm going to skip what I had planned on writing for the relevancy comics stuff & just say; don't forget Andrew Vachss written story, "Batman, The Ultimate Evil". As far as I'm concerned its the best relevancy comic ever produced.

The rest I'll hit up once I've finished the rest of the podcast.
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

Re: new BAMFcast - talking about comics, Chris McGlothlin's new M&M project and relevancy comics

Originally posted by dirkgentry2000 View Post
      As a side-note, during the podcast, Vito asked why some of the Freedomverse characters haven't found their way into other kinds of media (comics and short stories etc)--- what does the Think Tank think about this. Would you guys/girls be up for seeing heroes and villains from the world of Freedom City in venues other than RPG books?
      Novels? No. Graphic Novels? Yes.

Novels of comic book characters barely work with successful characters like Batman. Its been tried before for RPG's, with the Path of the Just novel set for Silver Age Sentinels & there's a reason I can purchase the entire novel for less than it would cost me to purchase a single back issue of Freedoms Most Wanted.

A 200 page graphic novel on the other hand, I'd be interested in seeing if it were done right, as a legitimate stand alone product, rather than a cheap tie in knock off product.
      “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

On the other hand, some of us would love to see Freedom City characters in other venues, including novels. There's no such thing as too much Freedom...City
        Say goodbye to gravity
        Say goodbye to death
        Say hello to eternity
        And live for every breath
        -The Wicker Man, Iron Maiden

Comment

Originally posted by K.G. Carlson View Post
          On the other hand, some of us would love to see Freedom City characters in other venues, including novels.
          Bah-humbug: Forgot the novel, I want my Freedom League plush toys.

-Doctor Who

Comment

I'd read stories (novels, graphic novels) set in the Emerald City setting (the larger FCU).
            Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

Working...
            X