DC Cinematic Universe Schedule Announced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Cinematic Universe Schedule Announced

Let the ranting/rejoicing/disinterest begin.

Re: DC Cinematic Universe Schedule Announced

Conan/Dargo as aquaman ?????????

Comment

Mark me as disinterested. I got distracted by the link to the Mythbusters getting rid of the build team.

Maybe they'll turn things around and prove me wrong but Man of Steel kind of wore out the last of my good will to the DC movies for the time being.

Comment

Out of all that, the thing that sticks out to me is that there is a Suicide Squad movie set for 2016! Why didn't anyone tell me about this before now? lol. Honestly, this is the first I've heard of it, and I like to think that I am pretty up to date on my pop culture/genre/super hero type movie news.

The only other movie that I wasn't either aware of or that surprises me that it's showing up is the solo Cyborg movie. I've always liked the charcter so it's cool that he's getting such a huge push going from a Teen Titan to a founding member of the Nu52 Justice League to appearing in the movies and now getting his own solo film...that's quite a journey. However, it does kinda bum me out that all this attention probably means he won't be a part of the Teen Titans live action show they are prepping.
        "One must first experience pain in order to be grateful for its absence."

Comment

I find it weird that things like the Flash and Suicide Squad are only now becoming popular on the DC TV universe.. and they are announcing film on the same properties which will be completely recast..

that doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do..
          "Oh poop!" (inexact translation) Author Unknown, Pompeii circa 79 A.D.

Comment

The Suicide Squad movie could be interesting, but I wonder how well it will work without a bunch of established villains to build upon. I imagine they'll lay some of the groundwork in 'Dawn of Justice', but will it be enough?

The rest I'm largely disinterested in. It's cool that there's finally going to be a 'Wonder Woman' movie, but it's going to be a lot of work to get me enthusiastic about a shared DC Universe where Pa Kent told child Clark Kent that maybe he should have let a school bus full of children drown.

Originally posted by savijmuhdrox View Post
            I find it weird that things like the Flash and Suicide Squad are only now becoming popular on the DC TV universe.. and they are announcing film on the same properties which will be completely recast..

that doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do..
            Keeping film and television interpretations separate means that neither one is beholden to the other, which I think has to be a good thing. Personally, I'm pretty happy that 'Arrow' and 'The Flash' aren't taking place in the same world as 'Man of Steel', but that might be my personal bias shining through.

People are able to differentiate between the 1966 'Batman' show, and the Tim Burton movies, and the Christopher Nolan movies, I think they'll be able to understand that the Flash from the CW show isn't the same Flash as the one in the upcoming film.
            Punching For Justice

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
              People are able to differentiate between the 1966 'Batman' show, and the Tim Burton movies, and the Christopher Nolan movies, I think they'll be able to understand that the Flash from the CW show isn't the same Flash as the one in the upcoming film.
              That's true but the Batman show and the movies weren't running at the same time so there was much lower potential for confusion.

Comment

The guy from DC actually said "Hey, the Flash will be super popular and already marketed by our hit tv show, so we're gonna do a movie!" (not a word for word quote) and Im like .. "But you're not gonna use the people we already identify with the roles?"

Its a HUGE mistake on DCs part to not link the movies to the already functional (and arguably better received) tv shows, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock View Post
                  That's true but the Batman show and the movies weren't running at the same time so there was much lower potential for confusion.
                  That's true, but I still like to give people at large the benefit of the doubt.
                  Punching For Justice

Comment

I'll believe it when I see the trailers. WB has been proposing multiple superhero movies for decades now, it's going to take quite a bit for me to get any optimism behind this new batch. Still waiting to hear something about the Shazam movie that will make me at all optimistic as well. The Rock as Black Adam is great, but that'd been supposedly in the works since before the Nu-52.
                    [U][B]Custom Settings[/B][/U]__________________________________
                    [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/236-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series?p=4519#post4519"]Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]
                    [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/139-The-Mean-Streets-of-Magic-and-Other-Extraordinary-Thinggs"]The Mean Streets of Magic and Other Extraordinary Things[/URL]
                    [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]Ares' Builds - [/URL][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]The Marvel Family and Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Arkrite View Post
                      Mark me as disinterested. [...]

Maybe they'll turn things around and prove me wrong but Man of Steel kind of wore out the last of my good will to the DC movies for the time being.
                      Yeah the amount of good will I have left towards WB making a good DC movie is actually in negative numbers. The only one that sounds at all good is as some people have mentioned Suicide Squad.... But frankly I don't actually believe this announcement at all, I don't believe its a real announcement, so I lack the ability to care.
                      “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                      X