The Flash TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flash TV show

So, did I miss a thread that got started ?

This one I liked out of the gates. I could settle into watching it without having to wait for it to improve. It was good on its own merits, established out of the gate that it was in the same setting as Arrow, and left it easily open for cross-overs between the two without leading us on...

I loved the origins of the suit. It makes sense,why it was created, even if they have a wicked tailor to custom fit it so well...
    Some of my reasons for liking:

1. Barry`s father was such a wonderful easter egg. The Flash from the 90s TVseries !!! - Highlight back to last period for what it was.
    2. Another great tease was the newspaper at the end of the episode suggesting a crisis style event (in white again for spoilers).
    3. I was dissapointed that Mardon didn`t have the weather wizard`s wand, but in the context of the show it makes sense.
    4. On the subject of Mardon... the look and attitude were great. The Weather Wizard`s greatest shortcoming has always been that he thinks too small - he can control the bloody weather and robs banks ! - and this was play off well with minimal cheese.
    5. In the previews on YouTube et al, I was worried that the dialogue was going to be stilted and exagerated, (example - the exchange between Barry and Arrow) but even though it was the same line, I didn`t find it as exagerated or pronounced as in the trailers...
    6. Barry saying "cool" to Arrow`s leap of the roof... Arrow`s saying `cool" in response to Barry`s speed...
    [QUOTE=Enigmatic One;178799][FONT=Verdana]Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m9d5ob31w5pfjw/Earth%20218.pdf?dl=0"]Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting[/URL]
    [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/28-Blade-s-Third-Edition-Builds?p=109&viewfull=1#post109"]Blade's Builds[/URL]

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1554-The-Merge-3E-(OOC)?p=124944#post124944"]The Merge Character Sheet Lists[/URL]
    [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4284-The-Merge-Cosmic-Quandaries-3e-Interest-check?p=167246&viewfull=1#post167246"]The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List[/URL]

Re: The Flash TV show

Oh hell yeah.. agreement on all fronts.

You've got Smallville, which took like 5 seasons to finally hit a good stride.. and then Arrow which supposedly took an entire first season before it got real good. (I say supposedly because I'm waiting for Season 2 to drop on netflix, and while Season 1 was cool, i did feel like it could do more)..

and the Flash.. boom.. he hits the ground running (love that pun)

best thing about Mardon.. was the hair.. sure it wasn't the right color.. but they totally nailed how he always has this lock of hair flying around on his forehead.. and the collar was a little subdued.. but it was there.

and then the preview reel of the season to come... WOOT!!!

i defnlee wanna gush on that one, but i will not spoil anything for those of the ronin who like DVR.
    "Oh poop!" (inexact translation) Author Unknown, Pompeii circa 79 A.D.

Comment

I loved it and I'm not even remotely a Flash fan. I can't wait for Grodd to make his appearance. Nice easter egg on that one.
      Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

I loved it. I'm glad that it doesn't seem to be shying away from the craziness that comes with the subject matter. My one gripe is the scene with Green Arrow, as it felt very forced in.
        SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude - My RollCall thread
        Savage City: Welcome to the Jungle - My Custom M&M Setting

Comment

Add me to the "Loved It" pile. The premiere was excellent on all fronts. From top to bottom this show hit every mark that I could want from a T.V. superhero show. It a world where most shows featuring super powers like seem to hesitate to actually embrace their comic roots, either for reasons of budget or they are just afraid the audience won't connect with it, it's nice to see The Flash just go for it in a big way!

In fact, the only thing I could nitpick was the characterization of Iris. I'm far form an expert on Barry's surrounding cast of characters...Wally has always been my Flash of choice, but they played Iris to be...well, not very intelligent. Her line in the beginning about twerking made my eyes roll. Luckily it was right at the start of the episode with no follow up, but it made me wonder why someone as obviously smart as Barry would be pining for her, especially since they were raised in the same house in a pseudo brother / sister style. That was kinda creepy.

But otherwise, stellar season opener....can't wait to see more.
          "One must first experience pain in order to be grateful for its absence."

Comment

Originally posted by badpenny View Post
            I can't wait for Grodd to make his appearance. Nice easter egg on that one.
            I cannot believe I forgot to mention that one !
            [QUOTE=Enigmatic One;178799][FONT=Verdana]Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m9d5ob31w5pfjw/Earth%20218.pdf?dl=0"]Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting[/URL]
            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/28-Blade-s-Third-Edition-Builds?p=109&viewfull=1#post109"]Blade's Builds[/URL]

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1554-The-Merge-3E-(OOC)?p=124944#post124944"]The Merge Character Sheet Lists[/URL]
            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4284-The-Merge-Cosmic-Quandaries-3e-Interest-check?p=167246&viewfull=1#post167246"]The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List[/URL]

Comment

I loved it for reasons that have been better outlined above, but I just want to point something out about Weather Wizard:

We only see Clyde Mardon, but my understanding from online research (having never read anything with Weather Wizard in it) is that he is traditionally Mark Mardon. Clyde is mentioned has having a brother, but we never see him in this episode (presumably to allow him to be cast and used later on), who may well develop powers or gadgets.

Given that the teasers for the rest of the season show that Captain Cold will be using his gun, not gaining powers as I first suspected (given that the show looked to be using the particle accelerator as the origin for all powers in Central City), we could see a Weather Wizard with a wand.

Comment

I think it was heavily implied that Mardon's brother died in the plane crash.. but since there is a lot of brotherly history to the actual character i suppose anything is possible.

I didn't notice Captain Cold with a gun in the season preview stuff.. but that would be cool.. that.. and those weird glasses he's always wearing..

Based on rumors.. I'm excited to see Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell on screen together again.. rumored to both be rogues..

Comment

Captain Cold preview images. Between this and Arrow, I never thought I'd be this psyched about a CW show.

Comment

Does anyone know if there was much difference, if any, the episode that aired and the pilot that was leaked a few months back?
                    Punching For Justice

Comment

Oh yea, the pilot was fantastic and I'm very excited for the rest of the season. My only real gripe was the fate of Weather Wizard and hope it doesn't become a reoccurring theme. But if they do what I think they're going to do-
                      Originally posted by kingk View Post
                      We only see Clyde Mardon, but my understanding from online research (having never read anything with Weather Wizard in it) is that he is traditionally Mark Mardon. Clyde is mentioned has having a brother, but we never see him in this episode (presumably to allow him to be cast and used later on), who may well develop powers or gadgets.
                      -then all is well.

Originally posted by savijmuhdrox View Post
                      You've got Smallville, which took like 5 seasons to finally hit a good stride.. and then Arrow which supposedly took an entire first season before it got real good. (I say supposedly because I'm waiting for Season 2 to drop on netflix, and while Season 1 was cool, i did feel like it could do more)..
                      IMO, Season 2 of Arrow was much better than Season 1 and I liked Season 1 quite a bit. Also they do have Season 2 of Arrow on Netflix now, so start watching! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by luketheduke86 View Post
                        Oh yea, the pilot was fantastic and I'm very excited for the rest of the season. My only real gripe was the fate of Weather Wizard and hope it doesn't become a reoccurring theme. But if they do what I think they're going to do-
                        -then all is well.
                        Yeah, I caught that during the watching. They never show his brother so they can cast him later.

IMO, Season 2 of Arrow was much better than Season 1 and I liked Season 1 quite a bit. Also they do have Season 2 of Arrow on Netflix now, so start watching! 8)
                        Personally, I liked Season 1 better, it was darker, with a darker take on Green Arrow than I'd like, but I felt it worked better. Season 2 started falling into the traps of trying to do metahumans in a realistic setting, and without the budget to do them properly.

As for this... I have one major gripe. They need some Arrow level twists to show they aren't necessarily sticking to something close to comics. And they need it soon. Because five minutes into this I'm yelling: "That Guy. That guy right there. He's the Reverse Flash. Shoot him in the face."

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
                          As for this... I have one major gripe. They need some Arrow level twists to show they aren't necessarily sticking to something close to comics. And they need it soon. Because five minutes into this I'm yelling: "That Guy. That guy right there. He's the Reverse Flash. Shoot him in the face."
                          Except... he`s not. That was Eddie Thawn. The Reverse Flash is Eobard Thawn...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                            Does anyone know if there was much difference, if any, the episode that aired and the pilot that was leaked a few months back?
                            Having seen both, not that I could tell. Perhaps the yellow lightning that occurs during the fade to black at the very end, but that may have just not been in the video of the pilot that my friend showed me.

Originally posted by luketheduke86 View Post
                            My only real gripe was the fate of Weather Wizard and hope it doesn't become a reoccurring theme.
                            There was an interview with one of the writers/producers (I forget which) that I saw somewhere, and they said that most of Barry's villains are going to be caught and arrested, since he will refuse to kill them, but he and the rest of the Central City police department will have to deal with trying to contain metahumans. Makes sense, because then you could have the Rogues meet in prison, form a team, and then stage a jail break.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladewind View Post
                              Except... he`s not. That was Eddie Thawn. The Reverse Flash is Eobard Thawn...
                              Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnn.

Is it an ancestor? Or the evil reverse flash in disguise? or a super fan of the Flash from the future who's going to go insane????

From all the hype and rumors that have leaked in, despite the mental barriers I put up against them.. I just wanna say...

BRING. ON. THE. VILLAINS.

Captain Cold, Heatwave, Weather Wizard, Multiplex, some guy who turns into smoke, Girder...

Girder?!?!? The dude who's pretty much relegated to 'that guy' status any time a collage is put together; gets to be on TV?? just awesome.

You've got Marvel who won't even put Donnie Gill in a costume.. and you've got DC who's tapping the bottom of the character bucket to see who else falls out..

"anyone else in there?"

"just me."

"Who're you?"

"Girder"

"oh.. that guy.. sure, have fun"

Comment

Working...
                              X