Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supergirl series on CBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Supergirl series on CBS

    Supergirl gets a go-ahead at CBS
    Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

  • #2
    Re: Supergirl series on CBS

    lets hope its better than the film

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Supergirl series on CBS

      Originally posted by Corrigon View Post
      lets hope its better than the film
      Which Supergirl movie would that be, there are clearly 5 different movies in that one film... This is what you get when you start filming before the script is finished being written, there's even a name for it: A cinema loaf.
      “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

      -Doctor Who

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Supergirl series on CBS

        Helen Slater was the best thing about that movie. And I don't fault her for the movie being bad.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Supergirl series on CBS

          Originally posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
          Helen Slater was the best thing about that movie. And I don't fault her for the movie being bad.
          yeah there really was nothing she could do to save that film.
          “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

          -Doctor Who

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Supergirl series on CBS

            will the serie be in the arrowverse or the man of steelverse

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Supergirl series on CBS

              It's hard to say since CBS isn't owned by Warner Bros, they may not have full access to DC. It's going to be whatever they negotiated.

              Arrow/Flashverse is more or less the full DCU if they want it since the CW network is owned wholly by WB/DC.
              Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Supergirl series on CBS

                As long as its not in the vein of shows where the lead female character has a [insert desirable job description here] but can never get her #$@& together in her personal life.. then i would tune in to watch it.

                and since Berlanti has done shows like this before, maybe he can hit the ground running..
                "Oh poop!" (inexact translation) Author Unknown, Pompeii circa 79 A.D.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Supergirl series on CBS

                  Originally posted by savijmuhdrox View Post
                  As long as its not in the vein of shows where the lead female character has a [insert desirable job description here] but can never get her #$@& together in her personal life.. then i would tune in to watch it.
                  Its CBS, you'd be lucky if they can create something as good as lead female character has a [insert desirable job description here] but can never get her #$@& together in her personal life.... but lets not be negative, given an infinitely large universe, with an infinite amount of time, everything has to be somewhere & some when eventually.... Maybe this will be the somewhere & some when, when Supergirl as a tv show is good.... I mean stranger things have happened, right?
                  “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

                  -Doctor Who

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Supergirl series on CBS

                    Originally posted by saint_matthew View Post
                    Its CBS, you'd be lucky if they can create something as good as lead female character has a [insert desirable job description here] but can never get her #$@& together in her personal life.... but lets not be negative, given an infinitely large universe, with an infinite amount of time, everything has to be somewhere & some when eventually.... Maybe this will be the somewhere & some when, when Supergirl as a tv show is good.... I mean stranger things have happened, right?
                    much stranger things indeed. Alf, Bosom Buddies, Automan, that one with the nuclear apocalypse, Manimal, anything with Debra Messing..

                    but i do get where you're coming from, i think.. Out of all the possible DC properties to appropriate.. this wouldn't be on the top of anyone's supposed list... not even of blonde superheroines.. (Black Canary, Arrowette, Wondergirl..)

                    but i can hope that this is something that has been thought out.. and not just

                    "we need a female lead.. that's white and blonde.. and oh.. can we put a Superman symbol on her? What? You already have one? Well hot damn, we'll take that."
                    "Oh poop!" (inexact translation) Author Unknown, Pompeii circa 79 A.D.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Supergirl series on CBS

                      I am glad to see that this is in the works!

                      A good actress who not only cares about the character but knows her as well will go a long way in making Kara and the series believable and enjoyable to fans.

                      Funny thing though---I had not heard about Supergirl until this thread; was this a well-hidden tv idea or a last-minute decision by the network?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Supergirl series on CBS

                        Originally posted by Goldar View Post
                        Funny thing though---I had not heard about Supergirl until this thread; was this a well-hidden tv idea or a last-minute decision by the network?
                        From what articles I've been able to find, it could be as simple as, "Every other network is going to have a superhero show...why not us?!"

                        From a DC (Warner Bros) perspective, CBS quite often wins the ratings for the week, so DC might think CBS would be a good place to try out something that they wouldn't want to risk $100+ million as a film.

                        I just hope they give the show greater access to the DCU so we get some good comic book action. I'm not interested in another Lois and Clark.
                        Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Supergirl series on CBS

                          Originally posted by badpenny View Post

                          I just hope they give the show greater access to the DCU so we get some good comic book action. I'm not interested in another Lois and Clark.
                          Yep, me too! I want some superhero action on the small screen!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Supergirl series on CBS




                            So, apparently Melissa Benoist has been chosen for the role of Supergirl. I have never seem any work of hers, anyone here knows how good is her acting?
                            My Deviantart page

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Supergirl series on CBS

                              Originally posted by danelsan View Post


                              So, apparently Melissa Benoist has been chosen for the role of Supergirl. I have never seem any work of hers, anyone here knows how good is her acting?
                              From what I understand she's a bit of a bit actor.... She was in Glee apparently, but since I'm not a 14 year old girl I've never seen an episode or cared to pursue it. I'm just going to assume she was good enough in it that they thought she'd be suitable for Supergirl.... She's also done Broadway, so that shows some range..... So she's not completely an unknown actor.

                              She does have that girl next door thing going on for her, so I think she might work out. Here's an example of what I mean.

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEnHgwoXG8c
                              Last edited by saint_matthew; 01-23-2015, 06:02 AM.
                              “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

                              -Doctor Who

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X