Eld's Builds: SOUL SISTA, FREEDOM BRIGADE, THE ORCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eld's Builds-3E

I imagine that sort of thing happens to Tenchi a lot. I was never that up on the various series, but it did seem like he always ends up in the middle of one madcap situation or another.
    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Brell
      PL 11 247

Strength 4, Stamina 5, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 7, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Powers
      Shapeshifting Variable 10 for altered physical forms

Thaumaturgy (Array, Limited-only while in her true form, 38 points)
      Cerulean Spear Mental Blast 10
      Sixth Light of Luathon Nullify Magic 12 (Broad)
      Koriol's Crimson Crystals Snare 10
      Sorceer's Star Blast 12
      Mystic Mirror Deflection 12, Reflect
      Saffron Sphere Environment 6 (Light 2)
      Change the Living Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted by Fortitude, Impaired/Disabled/Transformed, Variable Descriptor-any physical alteration, Activation-Move Action)
      Shield of Skarn Sustained Protection
      Spell of Augmenation Enhanced Strength 4 & Stamina 4, Affects Others only

Demigod Immunity 1 (Aging), Impervious Toughness 5, Comprehend Languages 4 14

Advantages: Assessment, Benefit 6 (Noble of the Congeries), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Ranged Attack 5, Ritualist, Seize Initiative

Skills: Deception 2 (+6), Expertise (the Congeries) 7 (+10), Expertise (magic) 6 (+9), Expertise (the multiverse) 6 (+9), Insight 8 (+12), Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion 8 (+12), Ranged Combat (magic) 3 (+10), Stealth 9 (+11)

Offense
      Initiative +2
      Sorcerer's Star +10 Damage 12

Defense
      Dodge 8 (6), Parry 8 (1)
      Toughness 6/5, Fortitude 9 (4), Will 12 (8)

Abilities 62+Powers 122+Advantages 16+Skills 28+Defenses 19=247

Complications
      Weakness If Brell's shapeshifting is nullified or otherwise canceled by outside force, she experiences great pain as she reverts to her true form. She also shares the family weakness to forceful teleportation.
      Noblesse Oblige Brell is protective of the Congeries and its people, and loyal to her father as well.
      Technical Pacifist Brell abhors violence, and will seek non-violent options whenever possible.
      Relationship Brell has a complicated history with the Dimensional Pirate Fandango.

•The last of Skarn's children, Brell is by far the nice one, "daddy's little girl", and probably the most loved person in the Congeries (which is why she gets one extra rank of Benefit compared to her brothers). Brell lacks the power of her siblings, but has versatility due to her magic and shapeshifting (technically I could have made her magic an AE of her Variable but that felt wrong). Most of the time, Brell is the Princess Diana of the Congeries, spreading good will and help wherever she goes. From time to time she gets tapped to perform a mission for her father, usually involving her going undercover, but she usually leaves that stuff to someone else.
      Last edited by Arthur Eld; 06-02-2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Hussars
        PL 7 93

Strength 3, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Powers
        Glaive (Easily Removable) 14
        Blade Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical
        Force Ray Blast 8
        Life Drain Ray Ranged Weaken Stamina 8, Resisted by Fortitude
        Paralysis Field Ranged Affliction 8, Resisted by Fortitude, Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed

Advantages: Animal Empathy, Equipment, Fearless, Sidekick Rank 10, Ranged Attack 4, Teamwork

Equipment: Warding Harness (Protection 6), Lasso (Close Snare 4, Reach 3)

Skills: Acrobatics 1 (+3), Athletics 5 (+8), Expertise (soldier) 5 (+6), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 4 (+6), Perception 3 (+5)

Offense
        Initiative +2
        Force Ray +6 Damage 8
        Glaive Blade +6 Damage 6

Defense
        Dodge 6 (4), Parry 6
        Toughness 7, Fortitude 6 (4), Will 5 (3)

•Hussars are the elite troops of the Congeries, a kind of aerial cavalry. Hussars are skilled and brave soldiers, each one trained to ride a specific mount called a Harridan. Armed with magical protective armor and glaives, they also use lassos to restrain their foes. Hussars work well as a unit, varying their attacks to wear down their targets Stamina before ultimately paralyzing them as captives or killing them with direct strikes. I made the Harridans sidekicks, but you could always make them minions-perhaps to give lower PL heroes a quick way of dealing with Hussars-target the Harridans and when they are Incapacitated, their rider takes a harsh fall. At PL 7, Hussars can be a threat to average heroes, but only in numbers and through their teamwork.

Originally posted by Minion
        Harridan PL 5 50 Sidekick Rank 10/Minion rank

Strength 4, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 3, Intellect -2, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Powers
        Wings Flight 3, Wings
        Envenomed Claws Strength-based Damage 1, Linked to Weaken Strength 6, Resisted by Fortitude
        Keen Senses Senses 2 (extended vision, low-light vision)

Advantages: Defensive Roll, Move-by Action

Skills: Close Combat (claws) 1 (+4), Perception 6 (+6), Stealth 1 (+3)

Offense Initiative +2, Claws +4 Damage 5 & Affliction 6

Defense
        Dodge 6 (4), Parry 6 (3)
        Toughness 4/3, Fortitude 6 (3), Will 2 (2)

Comment

The Silencer
          PL 10 150

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages: Assessment, Benefit (Status in the Fisk crime syndicate), Contacts, Diehard, Equipment 6, Improved Critical (guns), Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Precise Attack (ranged, cover), Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Takedown

Equipment: Armored Costume (Protection 4), Twin Heavy pistols (Multiattack Blast 5, Subtle)

Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+10), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat (unarmed) 3 (+11), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise (criminal) 6 (+7), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 8 (+11), Ranged Combat (guns) 5 (+15), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth 9 (+12), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Offense
          Initiative +7
          Twin pistols +15 Damage 5
          Unarmed +10 Damage 2

Defense
          Dodge 12 (9), Parry 12 (4)
          Toughness 8, Fortitude 7 (3), Will 10 (7)

Abilities 56+Advantages 26+Skills 45+Defenses 23=150

Complications
          Enemy The Silencer has often fought Foreshadow. But more than anything, he is driven to kill the original Silencer, considering the man a very personal enemy.
          Relationship The Silencer works for Wilson Fisk, and is a fairly loyal employee.
          Wanted The Silencer is a wanted criminal, even moreso than most supervillains for his killing of police officers and several heroes.
          Silence of the Grave The Silencer does not leave witnesses to his crimes, even if that means going out of his way and endangering his escape.

•When Wilson Fisk took over most organized crime in Freedom City, he realized that his biggest threat was not the Raven, Foreshadow, or any of the superheroes, but rather the vigilante The Silencer-because he almost exclusively targeted mobsters and he was willing to kill. So Fisk took a skilled hitman, got him to impersonate the Silencer and kill police officers and even a few costumed crimefighters-figuring that would turn up the heat on the original Silencer (since many police officers were willing to look the other way on a guy who was killing mafia men). Desperate to clear his name, the original Silencer turned his archenemy Foreshadow and the two took down the new Silencer. However, Fisk has arranged for him to escape jail and the man remains on the street. Police are wise to his impersonation act, but he's still on the warpath, expanding his hitlist to include Foreshadow and anybody else who stops him from getting to the Silencer.

•The Silencer is a callous, but not cruel killer (i.e. he'll shoot a guy for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he doesn't torture and has a certain code), and a master marksman. Bereft of his weapons, he's not much of a threat, and he has Improved Disarm because his archenemy is also a weapon user. Street level PCs might run afoul of The Silencer when trying to deal with Fisk or another campaign's crime boss, and might have to capture him and the original since both men have sworn to kill the other and might cause a lot of collateral damage in their attempts.

Comment

Red Raider
            PL 11 165

Strength 8, Stamina 11, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 9, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Powers
            Super Strength Power Lifting 2, Leaping 5
            Fast Speed 1
            Super Tough Impervious Toughness 9, Immunity 2 (cold, heat)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit 4 (Rank), Defensive Attack, Improved Critical (swords), Equipment 2, Inspire 3, Leadership, Ranged Attack 6, Teamwork

Equipment: Sword (Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical), Shield (Enhanced Active Defenses 2)

Skills: Athletics 6 (+14), Expertise (multiverse) 5 (+7), Expertise (Tactics) 8 (+10), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 6 (+9), Technology 3 (+5), Stealth 4 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+5)

Offense
            Initiative +7
            Sword +11 Damage 11

Defense
            Dodge 11/9 (8), Parry 11/9
            Toughness 11, Fortitude 12 (1), Will 10 (8)

Abilities 84+Powers 19+Advantages 21+Skills 24+Defenses 17=165

Complications
            Quirk The Raider has a fascination with medieval history and society of all dimensions-it colors the way he dresses, the weapons he uses, and even to an extent the way he talks.
            Enemy Red Raider hates Fandango the Dimensional pirate and considers him a traitor to be captured and killed.
            Responsibility Red Raider is a loyal soldier of the V'hanian Empire, and would gladly die for his Empress, or to secure victory for his army.

•The Red Raider (also known as Army Commander Korvos J'on, 102nd Army) is a super soldier of the V'hanian empire, himself from the planet V'ha. A skilled soldier, his past is full of dime-novel exploits, holding out against superior odds, enlisting in the Red Lions (V'hanian Spec Ops) on the day he was old enough, and gaining super powers during a planetary conquest of a a high-technology world and he was exposed to experimental chemicals. Taking the name Red Raider for the color of his armor and as a nod to his former unit, he rose through the Imperial Battalion ranks to eventually lead his own army, and he has fought in many of the Empire's greatest campaigns. He remembers Fandango from way back, and has fought the pirate many times, nearly capturing him on a number of occasions.

•Red Raider is a dangerous solo combatant, but he's also very straight forward and doesn't have a lot of versatility. Still, given that he has command of an entire army of soldiers (about one million soldiers with various supporting equipment and vehicles), and he can bring a lot of pain to bear on the heroes. Red Raider can also be used as a fair starting point for other V'hanian generals-there are millions more like him, and while not all of them have superpowers, they are all highly competent warriors and tacticians.

Comment

Kid Gremlin
              PL 8 120

Strength 2, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 5, Intellect 8, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Powers
              Claws: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical
              Polymath Quickness 4 (Limited to Mental tasks)
              Force Field Suit Removable Sustained Protection 8, Subtle, Impervious

Advantages: Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3, Evasion, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Luck, Ranged Attack 3, Skill Mastery (Technology), Taunt

Skills: Close Combat (unarmed) 6 (+11),Deception 9 (+9),Expertise (Science) 8 (+16), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Sleight of Hand 6 (+7), Stealth 6 (+7), Technology 9 (+17)

Offense
              Initiative +1
              Claws +11 Damage 5

Defense
              Dodge 7 (6), Parry 7 (2)
              Toughness 9/1, Fortitude 7 (6), Will 8 (6)

Abilities 40+Powers 20+Advantages 14+Skills 26+Defenses 20=120

Complications
              Prejudice Kid Gremlin's appearance can be disturbing to a lot of people.
              Let's open it up and see how it works Kid Gremlin likes to take machines apart-even if he doesn't know how to put them back together.
              Responsibility As a member of the Shadow Academy, Kid Gremlin has to toe the line, even if he isn't as villainous as some of his school mates.

•Kid Gremlin is a mutant super genius who might have gone on to become a hero if it weren't for two things-one:his mutation warped his body and caused his family to disown him, making him easy pickings for villain recruiters, and two: he's far more interested in using his genius to break stuff than to make stuff. So he's one of the new students at the Shadow Academy, and while he can whip up a death ray or a teleporter as well as the next super genius, he prefers to take apart complex machines and hack into secure computer systems, just to prove he can.

•While not really meant for combat, Kid Gremlin is handy enough in a fight, in part due to natural quickness and claws, but also because of the rigorous training his Shadow Academy teachers put him through (after seeing one to many super criminals go down because their powers were nullified or they lost their main weapon or something similar). His costume is equipped with sophisticated force field projecters, making him immune to small arms fire. Still, he'll spend most of his time skulking in to a place to sabotage its security so his other students can more easily break in and cause havoc.
              Last edited by Arthur Eld; 09-16-2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Big Bang
                PL 10 150

Strength 6/2, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Powers
                Plasma Caster (Removable) 22
                Plasma Blast Blast 12, Accurate
                Wide Area Beam Cone Damage 10
                Explosion Mode Burst Blast 10, Distracting

Battle Armor (Removable) 46
                Ability Amplifier Enhanced Strength 4
                Armored Shell Impervious Protection 9
                Sealed Systems Immunity 5 (cold, heat, pressure, vacuum, radiation)
                Locomotion Systems Speed 4, Leaping 4, Movement 2 (Wall Crawling 2)
                Comm Systems Radio Communication 3
                Sensors Senses 2 (Extended Vision, Infravision)

Advantages: Contacts, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Skills: Athletics 2 (+4/+8), Deception 1 (+3), Expertise (law enforcement) 4 (+6), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 7 (+9), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Technology 2 (+4)

Offense
                Initiative +6
                Plasma Caster +8 Damage 12
                Unarmed +5 Damage 6

Defense
                Dodge 8 (6), Parry 8 (3)
                Toughness 12/3, Fortitude 7 (4), Will 8 (6)

Abilities 40+Powers 68+Advantages 7+Skills 16+Defenses 19=150

Complications
                Leaky Reactor The powersuit Carl uses is not perfect, and its power source is leaking lethal radiation that will one day kill him.
                Vigilante Carl does not hesitate to use lethal force when he deems it necessary, which puts him on the outskirts of the traditional hero community.
                Secret Carl St. Claire hides the fact that he is the vigilante called Big Bang.
                Wanted The Foundry is after Carl's power suit and blaster, since it initially belonged to them.

Carl St. Claire was an ex cop with a cynical outlook on life, having retired from the New York Police Department because he believed normal police officers couldn't make a real difference in a world of International Crime Leagues and super mobsters. However, following up a tip from a former CI against his better judgment, Carl discovered an abandonded Fooundry lab and a prototype power suit and high tech blaster. Here was his chance to make a difference. Carl became a vigilante, hunting criminals he felt the law couldn't touch, and while he's racked up quite a body count, he avoids collateral damage and civilian causalities at all costs.

•It would have been easy to just use Big Bang as an Iron Age type 'hero' who is really a bad guy, but Carl is a little more complex than that. I see him as kind of like season 1 Oliver Queen from Arrow-he is unquestionably doing good things (putting white collar criminals who stole millions behind bars, providing restitution to their victims, taking down untouchable mobsters), but there is a certain darkness to him as well. Used as a PC type, Carl would need a good support system of friends and loved ones to avoid falling into full Psycho Seven 'villain who thinks he's a hero' territory. In combat, Carl is quick, tough, and dangerous, able to engage foes at range and deal with multiple opponents fairly well. His blaster is Removable because its tied to the suit, but can be removed, but not as easily as just making a Disarm check.

Comment

Judgment Day
                  PL 16 328

Strength 8, Stamina 12, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 7, Intellect 3, Awareness 7, Presence 5

Powers
                  God like Immunity 11 (life support, aging)
                  Soar Flight 11, Subtle
                  TK Senses Senses 12 (Detect Objects, Ranged, Radius, Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Extended 4)
                  TK Shields Enhanced Active Defenses 8, DAE: Sustained Protection 8, Impervious 19
                  TK Disintegrate Blast 20, linked to Ranged Weaken Toughness 20 (10 ranks Affect Objects) 90
                  TK Destruction Perception Range Shapeable Area Blast 16, Increased Area
                  Deflection Field Deflect 16, Reflect, Redirect, Subtle, Dynamic
                  TK Surgery Perception Healing 12, Affects Objects, Selective Burst Area, Subtle
                  Hand of God Perception Move Object 16, Precise, Subtle, Shapeable Area, Increased Area, Dynamic
                  TK Rend Perception Damage 16, Resisted by Fortitude, Dynamic
                  TK Bomb Burst Damage 16, Increased Area 5, Distracting
                  TK Temp control Environment 12 (extreme heat, extreme cold, Daylight), Selective, Precise, Dynamic
                  TK Bubble Immunity 10 (life support, Affects Others only, Ranged), Dynamic
                  Halt the Earth Move Object 40, Subtle, Limited to lifting objects, not for grabbing purposes, Dynamic

Advantages: Daze (Intimidation), Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Language 3 (Aramaic, Latin, Hebrew, base-English), Ranged Attack 7, Seize Initiative, Startle, Ultimate Intimidate, Ultimate Toughness

Skills: Expertise (religion) 8 (+11), Insight 8 (+15), Intimidation 15 (+20), Perception 7 (+14), Ranged Combat (powers) 4 (+12)

Offense
                  Initiative +1
                  TK Disintegrate +12 Damage 20 & Weaken 20

Defense
                  Dodge 20/12 (11), Parry 20/12 (5)
                  Toughness 20/12, Fortitude 16 (4), Will 16 (11)

Abilities 88+Powers 170+Advantages 18+Skills 21+Defenses 31=328

Complications
                  End of Days Judgment Day seeks to bring about his namesake, and usher in the return of Jesus, and the end of this world. If that means he has to bring about Armageddon with his own hands, so be it.
                  Let He who is without sin Judgment Day is slow to anger and aggression, and will generally only use his Deflect to turn his attacker's efforts against them.
                  Wrath of God When he does get angry, its full on Old Testament-destruction of cities, first born efforts, salting of fields, floods and general devestation.
                  Heathens and Heretics Judgment Day identifies strongly with the Juedo-Christian faiths, and has unmasked contempt for those who resist conversion to such.
                  Arrogance Judgment Day is totally assured of his own power, and tends to ignore any and all who oppose him while he goes about his plans.

•A creation of Professor Purgatory, Judgment Day was supposed to be the Christian Dr. Manhattan, faithful and reminding all superhumans what it meant to be god-fearing and challenge the Hindu nihilist Requiem. Unfortunately, he broke free from Purgatory's efforts to control him, and Judgment Day seeks to bring about the Second Coming and the End Times, believing he is doing mankind a service.

•Judgment Day is built to wreck any opposition from teams of supers to individual heavy hitters. As such, he has a variety of attacks and effects with wide-reaching consequences, and since his TK Senses is Accurate and very far-'seeing', his Perception range attacks can affect just about anybody, regardless of where they are. When he really wants to level a city, he'll fly through it using his TK Bomb as needed to demolish buildings and crush people underfoot. He can be either very hard to hit, or very hard to hurt, depending on his Shield set-up, and if necessary, can always power-stunt a Move Object with enough Flaws to affect the moon or even the Earth itself. Of course, it goes without saying that his biggest weakness is that he's totally insane, and clever PCs can use that against him.
                  Last edited by Arthur Eld; 06-05-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

38, 39

Baron Nihil
                    PL 13

Strength 6, Stamina 11, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 9, Intellect 4, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Powers
                    Nihil-Winds of Destruction Cone Damage 13, Increased Area
                    Nihil-Winds Blast 14, Improved Critical 2
                    Nihil-Winds At My Command Move Object 12, Precise

Semi-Intangible Immunity 80 (Toughness effects, limited to half), Immunity 9 (aging, disease, poison, suffocation, starvation & thirst, pressure, cold, heat)
                    Energy Travel Flight 6
                    Portal Movement 2 (Dimensional-Alternate Earths), Increased Mass
                    Super Senses Senses 6 (Ranged Detect Energy, Acute, Ranged Detect Dimensional Disturbance, Acute)

Advantages: Benefit 6 (Ruler of Saguenay), Close Attack 3, Inventor, Language 2 (English, French, base-German), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Skills: Expertise (history) 6 (+10), Expertise (multiverse) 5 (+9), Expertise (science) 10 (+14), Expertise (tactics) 6 (+10), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 12 (+16), Perception 5 (+8), Stealth 10 (+13), Technology 10 (+14)

Offense
                    Initiative +4
                    Nihil Winds +12 Damage 14

Defense
                    Dodge 9 (5), Parry 9
                    Toughness 11, Fortitude 12 (1), Will 12 (9)

Abilities 90+Powers 113+Advantages 22+Skills 35+Defenses 15=275

Complications
                    Hatred While the Baron has as much hate as your average Nazi, that pales in comparison for his hate for all things Canadian.
                    Weakness Exposed to hard vacuum, the Baron takes damage each round, and loses his Immunity to Toughness effects.
                    Wanted Baron Nihil is one of the most hated man in Canda, and nearly every hero would leap at the chance to defeat and capture him.
                    The Third Reich will rise again Baron Nihil dreams of destroying Canada and then conquering the rest of the world and ruling over it as he does Saugenay, as a restored Nazi state.

Ernst Von Niehl was a bright young German man who joined the Nazi party and advanced through the ranks of weapon engineers, even briefly working with Albert Zerstoiten for a brief time (the future Dr. Destroyer dismissed Von Niehl as a second-rate mind) to help design super weapons for the Third Reich. They called him Von Nihil because he worked with a form of energy that was incredibly destructive (no one knew at the time that he'd tapped into the Annihilation Zone). Eventually, he was assigned to kill the Red Ensign, a Canadian hero who had nearly killed Hitler himself. Ernst questioned if there might not be a better target than the Canadians, and Hitler had him forced into an indoctrination program, focusing all of Von Niehl's hate towards Canada. So Von Nihil perfected his annihilation gun but was stopped from firing it by Red Engisn, who sacrificed his life, leading to the gun destroying Ernst's "Molecular Fortress" (his hidden lab and weapons compound). While he was thought to be dead, Ernst was instead tossed into the A-Zone, and his hate combined with the dimensions strange energies to turn him into a twisted energy being. Eventually, he crossed into a dimension he thought was Earth, but was actually a small pocket dimension called the Kingdom of the Saguenay, which he conquered in the name of the Third Reich, calling himself Baron Nihil. He then came to Earth and continued his war against Canada, eventually killing the third Red Ensign and making himself one of the most hated men in Canada.

Baron Nihil is a Golden Age villain for use in the modern day, but his use of super-science, his legions of hi-tech knights from another dimension and his almost comically outsized hate actually make him more of a Silver Age villain, with the exception that he's very powerful and lethal. Annihilation Zone energy is especially deadly against Mithrans (like Divinos, one of the world's strongest heroes) and various otherwise 'invulnerable' types. Throw in the Baron's nigh-indestructibility and his ability to escape to another dimension when he wants (one that is hard to get because of its small size, inter-dimensionally speaking), and he can make a campaign-spanning villain, especially for PCs from Canada.

Storm Knights
                    PL 9

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Energy Lance (Easily Removable) 15
                    Blaster Bolts Blast 10
                    Spear Edge Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical

Hover Platform (Easily Removable) 6
                    Anti-Grav Flight 5

Knightly Armor (Removable) Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 7

Advantages: Equipment 2, Ranged Attack 4, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Teamwork, Tracking

Equipment Shield (Enhanced Active Defenses 2)

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 5 (+10), Close Combat (lance) 4 (+10), Expertise (soldier) 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+7), Stealth 4 (+8), Treatment 2 (+4), Vehicles 3 (+7)

Offense Initiative +4, Blaster Bolts +8 Damage 10, Spear Edge +10 Damage 8

Defense
                    Dodge 8/6 (2), Parry 8/6
                    Toughness 10/5, Fortitude 7 (2), Will 6 (5)

These are Storm Knights, the best soldiers of Saguenay (the others use average soldier stats, except with better Armor and weapons (Protection 5, Blast 8)) are placed inside a device called an energy infuser. It enhances them to near the peak of human abilities, and they are then outfitted with the best weapons Nihil could design for mass production. There are perhaps a hundred Storm Knights in total, and Nihil has five with him at nearly all times as his personal bodyguard. You could customize their stats a bit for specific areas of focus and personalities, but this works well enough for Neo-Nazi alternate universe super soldiers.

Comment

I am guessing Baron Nihil is from Champions. I knew I have seen him before somewhere. I thought about doing a build for him during my Nazi builds but I am no Champions expert as far as converting him over goes. Do you have a conversion method? Looks like a fun character to use in a campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by scc View Post
                        I am guessing Baron Nihil is from Champions. I knew I have seen him before somewhere. I thought about doing a build for him during my Nazi builds but I am no Champions expert as far as converting him over goes. Do you have a conversion method? Looks like a fun character to use in a campaign.

No I don't really have a specific conversion method, I just try to eyeball em and fit them into a general framework based on if they're jobbers, serious threats, or world beaters. That, and trying to fit them in the Crinoverse (which is a giant mash-up setting made on the old Tank and continued here) and that helps me sort out the basics, and the details are based pretty much on the Champions character sheet and my own ideas.

If you have a specific Champions character you want to see (I did a bunch on my old thread in the Old Tank but there are still plenty to go) let me know.

Comment

Question: How exactly does this "•Halt the Earth Move Object 40, Subtle, Limited to lifting objects, not for grabbing purposes, Dynamic" Power work? I get that it allows him to lift 25.6 Billion Tons, but how does it "halt the earth"? Is it used to just halt Earth's rotation/orbit, or does it actually stop everything from moving?

Comment

Doctor Yin Wu, the Dragon Mandarin
                            PL 14 342

Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 10, Intellect 5, Awareness 4, Presence 6

Powers
                            Chinese Sorcery Variable 16 for Chinese Magic 112

Journey to Otherworld Movement 2 (Dimensional, to mystic dimensions), Portal
                            Dim Mak Weaken Stamina 10, Improved Critical 2
                            Martiial Arts Strikes Strength-based Damage 2

Fire Cloth Robe (Removable) 24
                            Protective Spells and Glyphs Protection 14, Impervious Toughness 15

Translation Spell Comprehend Languages 4
                            Immortal Immunity 3 (aging, disease, poison)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Artificer, Assessment, Benefit 6 (Court Sorcerer of the Iron Khanate), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Improved Critical (unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Language (English, base-Chinese), Luck 5, Ranged Attack 5, Ritualist, Well-Informed, Uncanny Dodge

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Close Combat (unarmed) 4 (+14), Deception 9 (+15), Expertise (current events) 8 (+13), Expertise (history) 9 (+14), Expertise (magic) 11 (+16), Insight 10 (+14), Intimidation 9 (+15), Persuasion 4 (+10), Ranged Combat (magic) 5 (+13), Stealth 7 (+10), Treatment 4 (+9)

Offense
                            Initiative +3
                            Dim Mak +14 Weaken 10
                            Unarmed +14 Damage 5

Defense
                            Dodge 10 (7), Parry 10 (7)
                            Toughness 18/4, Fortitude 9 (5), Will 15 (11)

Abilities 76+Powers 166+Advantages 29+Skills 41+Defenses 30=342

Complications
                            Ancestor Magic Yin Wu must perform ceremonies to worship his ancestors or his magic will weaken and fade away.
                            Temper Insulting the Dragon Mandarin sends him into a cruel rage.
                            Wanted By the White Lotus Society, the Tiger Squad, and many others.
                            Ego Yin Wu cannot tolerate a challenge, and will seek to overcome it-before killing those who dared challenge him.
                            Hatred Of technology and Westerners.
                            Honor Yin Wu has a certain honor-he seeks to keep the Death Dragon imprisoned, he gives to the poor, he does not break his word, even if it all comes from a selfish place.

Doctor Yin Wu is perhaps the most powerful Chinese sorcerer alive today, as he has been for over a thousand years. Born in 578, he soon became an apprentice to a local wizard in his province, excelling in conjuration, enchantment, and alchemy. Over the years, he conquered a large portion of China, and created a Pill of Immortality so he would never time. Eventually, he met the Iron Khan, and became his right hand man and personal sorcerer-the two co-existed because Yin Wu sought to master arcane forces while the Khan sought to rule the mundane world. To this day, the Dragon Mandarin seeks to advance the cause of the Khanate and his own magic until all of China, and then the world, is ruled over in a powerful magical totalitarian state.

A powerful mystic, Yin Wu has, in addition to his stated abilities, a massive horde at his command. Residing in the Imageria, he can call upon an army of dragons, ogres, and other mystical beings-a thousand strong. Rather than give him a crazy expensive Summon effect, I left it up to the GM. As needed, he can have as large or as small a force as he needs to oppose the PCs. In addition to his own power, the benefits of being the Iron Khan's right hand man (the guy who rules a third of what is real-world China), he also has four 'sons' who are powerful and completely loyal to him. A powerful master villain perfect for a magical campaign or one with PCs centered in Asia.
                            Last edited by Arthur Eld; 12-26-2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kenmadragon View Post
                              Question: How exactly does this "•Halt the Earth Move Object 40, Subtle, Limited to lifting objects, not for grabbing purposes, Dynamic" Power work? I get that it allows him to lift 25.6 Billion Tons, but how does it "halt the earth"? Is it used to just halt Earth's rotation/orbit, or does it actually stop everything from moving?
                              Its more of a name than anything else-because I'm not sure even 25.6 billion tons is enough to move the earth. Its mostly the kind of grand, bombastic title that would appeal to a guy like him.

Its there for when he needs to lift crazy heavy stuff and mostly just show off. And if he ever needs more lifting power, he can power stunt something with Distracting and Tiring and really go to town.

Comment

Copper Spear
                                PL 10 150

Strength 3, Stamina 5, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 12, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 4

Powers
                                Magic Spear
                                (Easily Removable) 9
                                Magic Point
                                Strength-based Damage 4, Improved Critical 2, Reach, Enhanced Advantage: Takedown
                                Gateway of the Gods Teleport 3

Fast Speed 1

Enchanted Clothes (Removable) 4
                                Magical Protection Protection 3, Subtle

Advantages:
                                Agile Feint, Assessment, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Diehard, Favored Environment (fighting with brothers), Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Language (English, base-Chinese), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 5, Takedown, Teamwork

Skills:
                                Acrobatics 10 (+14), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat (spear) 1 (+13), Expertise (tactics) 6 (+7), Insight 9 (+11), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 1 (+5), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth 10 (+14)

Offense
                                Initiative +7
                                Spear +13 Damage 7
                                Unarmed +12 Damage 3

Defense
                                Dodge 12 (8), Parry 12
                                Toughness 8/5, Fortitude 8 (3), Will 11 (9)

Abilities 66+Powers 14+Advantages 20+Skills 29+Defenses 21=150

Complications
                                Rival Copper Spear frequently quarrels with his brother Iron Whirlind over who is fit to lead.
                                Loyal Copper Spear will obey any order given by his "father", Dr. Yin Wu.
                                Honor Copper Spear has a code of conduct, he does not attack fallen opponents, take unfair advantage, and always keeps his word.
                                Weakness As a homonculi, Copper Spear is vulnerable to certain magical effects.
                                Wanted As a follower of Dr. Yin Wu, Copper Spear is hunted by many heroes and law enforcement agencies.

The Four Sons of the Dragon are among Doctor Yin Wu's most dangerous followers, a group of homonculi he created with the aid of Dr. Azoth, although they believe themselves to be his sons. Copper Spear is the eldest, and the most honest and forthright, emulating the few moments of honor Dr. Wu embodies. Forced to reconcile his own honor with the orders his father gives him and the attitude of his brothers, Copper Spear is often meditating when not on a mission.

Copper Spear, like all his brothers, is a warrior with skill and a dangerous weapon who only gets better when working his brothers. He's a fast goon sweeper who is pretty good at one on one combat with supers as well. He doesn't get any leadership advantages because, despite fighting well together, he and his brothers actually have serious personality problems with each other-problems PCs can exploit.
                                Last edited by Arthur Eld; 06-10-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X