Alternate Universe Character-Building Exercise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Universe Character-Building Exercise

This was just an idea a friend came up with; feel free to use it yourself. First of all, ask yourself: Does the universe I play have more of a Marvel or DC feel? Once you've answered that, here's the challenge: Take one of your already-existing characters, and adapt them to fit in the other universe.

For instance, my gaming group's primary hero-'verse has a very early '80s Marvel feel to it, with a splash of Dieselpunk for flavor. One of the characters I play is strongly influenced by Alan Moore's famous creation, Tom Strong (blend of gadgeteer and Indiana Jones-style adventurer). So his DC equivalent isn't as science-minded as the main one: rather, he's more of a blend of Nightwing and the Warlord (Travis Morgan). Still a world-travelling adventurer, with various skills he's picked up over the decades, but not as science-minded as his "brother".

So that's the idea: Determine if your character is more of a DC or Marvel, and create his other-verse equivalent. Have fun!
    "Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, that all may profit by it. Let me think of the right and lend all my assistance to those who need it, with no regard for anything but justice. Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage. Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens and my associates in everything I say and do. Let me do right to all, and wrong no man." - Clark Savage, Jr.
Working...
X