Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Anything I need to know about making characters before I post here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything I need to know about making characters before I post here?

I would love to make characters for this subforum but I feel like I'm not experienced enough making characters to post here. I'm DMing a game of M&M atm and I'm pretty new to the system. I keep seeing things I don't understand such as AE and Alts so I'm assuming I don't know that much about making characters.

Re: Anything I need to know about making characters before I post here?

I would say try posting your first character and go from there.

But definitely do a bit more reading up on the system, because AEs are a huge part of power construction. They're pretty straight forward though.
    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Just as a general rule, I also highly suggest picking a consistent format, maybe making a template that you can quickly fill in. A number of people use something similar to what's outputted by Herolab's BBCode output. I know Jabroniville similarly uses a templates to make his (scarily fast) build process faster.

Other than that, if you want peoples' attention, finding a picture for your hero goes a long way, even if you do it via something like Heromachine, and in general try to include in your character and their backstory why they're interesting or important enough for people to read further. ^_^ And accept that you may not get much feedback at first, or get more negative feedback if you use Extras and Flaws in a way that people disagree with.
      [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
      [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Eld View Post
        I would say try posting your first character and go from there.

But definitely do a bit more reading up on the system, because AEs are a huge part of power construction. They're pretty straight forward though.
        Okay, where in the 3E rulebook are the rules for it?

Originally posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
        And accept that you may not get much feedback at first
        I've kind of noticed that this forum is a bit slow so I'm not expecting much.

Comment

Originally posted by KosherDelhi View Post
          Okay, where in the 3E rulebook are the rules for it?
          It should up under Power Modifiers, Alternate Effect. I linked to an online Systems Resource Document for the game, but it's page 188 in the Deluxe Edition.
          Last edited by FuzzyBoots; 14th August 2018, 11:53 AM.
          [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
          [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

AE and Alt are two names for the same thing, if that wasn't clear.

Also, even the Demo Version of Hero Lab is a pretty great tool. Not perfect, but still a huge time-saver for constructing more complicated builds. Use it!

Comment

Working...
            X