J-Mart: New Stuff! - Heihachi Mishima, Kazuya Mishima

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 916 - Onomatopoeia

We've got a new item for Aisle 1 as we get back into the superhero, or in this case, supervillain builds!

Copy. Paste. Click. Post.

Fart...

ONOMATOPOEIA
    PL: 10 (158 pts) - OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 9 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+16), Deception 10 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 7 (+10), Insight 6 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation 5 (+5), Investigation 6 (+9), Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+14), Sleight of Hand (+5), Stealth 9 (+13), Technology (+3), Treatment (+3), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Cipher), Close Attack (3), Diehard, Equipment (5), Favored Foe (Costumed Adventurers), Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Recover) (2), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Takedown (1), Tough* (3), Tracking

POWERS:
    NONE

EQUIPMENT:
    (25 pts)
    Leather Costume: Protection 1; 1 pt
    Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
    Lockpicks: Feature 1 (Tools, Technology); 1 pt
    Arsenal: (21 pts)
    Twin Machine Pistols: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 6, Double; 19 pts
    Sniper Rifle: Ranged Ballistic Damage 5, Dangerous, Extended Range (50/100/250); 1 pt
    Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
    Initiative +8
    Close Attack +15 [Knives +4, Critical 19-20]
    Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20]
    Ranged Attack +12
    Guns +14 [Twin Machine Pistols +6, Multiattack; Heavy Pistol +4; Sniper Rifle +5, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
    Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
    Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
    Bang…Thwip…Twang…: Onomatopoeia only speaks in...Onomatopoeia. He makes sound effects of what is happening or what is about to happen, even though he can talk normally.
    Motivation: Killing heroes, his reasons why are known only to him.
    Rivalry: Green Arrow and Batman, two of the heroes hasn't been able to kill.
    Secret Identity: Even though he has revealed his face to Batman, his true identity and background are still unknown.

Abilities 70 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 36 + Powers 0 + Defenses 16 = 158 / 158

Build Comments: One of, if not, the best Kevin Smith comic creation, Onomatopoeia. He stared out as a Green Arrow villain then Smith used him in his two latest Batman arcs, Cacophany and The Widening Gyre. He's a street level villain that has a thing for killing street level heroes, and he never talks, he only makes the sound of what is occurring, like "bang", "twang" or "boom", stuff like that. It's a fun visual stunt and he's turned out to be a pretty effective villain. I'm surprised he doesn't get used more, but Smith probably has a say in that, so he probably only gets to work for him.

He's been shown to take some pretty serious damage and keep rolling, so I didn't know whether to give him a high toughness or Regeneration, but for now, I just gave him a couple of ranks in Luck limited to Recover, and left it at that. I may change it if I can confirm whether he has a healing factor or not.

Secret Origins: Nothing is known about his past except that in his secret identity has a family and his house has a secret trophy case displayed the masks of all the super heroes he's killed.

The Story so Far: Onomatopoeia, is a complete mystery. He first appeared in Star City a few years ago. After killing two lesser-known vigilantes, he set his sights upon the Arrow family, seriously injuring Connor Hawke in a pitched battle. He later tracked his prey to the hospital to finish him off, but was stopped by a blood-transfer weakened Oliver Queen. After Connor's successful surgery, Onomatopoeia fought the elder Green Arrow, doing quite well despite being hit with several arrows. He fell from the hospital roof during the fight but Onomatopoeia was able to escape before Green Arrow even had a chance to see where he had fallen.

A few months later he showed up in Gotham City. For reasons unknown, he assisted the Joker in escaping Arkham Asylum as bait for Batman. He also shot Deadshot point blank in the head but was unsuccessful in killing him, overlooking Deadshot's armored facemask and his ability to play dead. Onomatopoeia paid Joker to start a gang war against Maxie Zeus who was using a derivitve of The Joker's laughing gas as a drug called "Chuckles". Eventually Onomatopoeia fought Batman in hand-to-hand combat and lost. He escaped by stabbing the Joker in the heart and leaving Batman to choose either to capture him or save Joker. Batman decided to save Joker's life instead of chasing after Onomatopoeia.

Characterization: Onomatopoeia speaks only in sound effects, however he has spoken one actual word before, that word being "onomatopoeia". He said this word when a dying superhero asked him "who he was" but she never heard it since he shot her before he said it.

Friends and Foes: He seems to have a great desire to take down Green Arrow and Batman since they have been the only heroes he’s been unable to defeat. And The Joker is a little upset at him for that whole stabbing him in the heart incident…
    The Thorpacolypse
    Member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent since 2005
    Co-Chair of the Council of 13
    "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• Re: J-Mart: Vine Horror, Onomatopoeia

That whole saving the Joker thing is what makes the current Batman universe so crazy. Back in the 70s when the Joker's big capers would involve robbing a bank or something, fine. But the modern Joker is a crazed mass murderer, and even if Batman can't kill him, saving his life and letting a other mass murderer escape? Well, its no wonder Gotham is crawling with crazies.

Don't get me wrong, I LIKE my heroes to not be killing people. But sometimes Batman's high moral stance just seems kind of silly. Say what you want about Wolverine's methods, but crime in Gotham would drop by 90% if the guy just spent a weekend there.

Score
      Crazed Killers: 2
      Batman: 0

Comment

It's always a fine line with that superhero "no killing" code. On one hand, there's the thought that if Superman or Batman started killing criminals, they would be crossing that line that they couldn't come back from. On the other hand, like you said, they would solve a lot of problems if they did go ahead and off The Joker and Lex, among others.

It's one of the things that makes them, and comics overall, so fascinating after all these years. They're monthly morality plays about power and how it's used. Is it better to kill one person to save the lives of thousands? Or is taking one life still too high of a price to pay for your own inner peace? Always a great debate.
        The Thorpacolypse
        "Hate you can trust"

Comment

Like I said, I prefer heroes that way, too. Sometimes I think writers try to push the moral code too far, though, to the point of absurdity in this case. Should Batman kill the Joker? I'd rather he didn't. Should Batman let a murderous criminal escape to save the Joker's life? That seems a bit extreme to me. Just call 911 for an ambulance on the Bat-Cell Phone if you really need to, and catch the damn bad guy before he stabs more people who aren't murderous psychos.

Comment

Yeah, heroes should save lives and pursue real justice, but the way I figure it, saving violent criminals' lives should be somewhat down the priority list. If they have something else important to do - like stopping another murderer - I think the necessary moral calculus should come up with a somewhat different outcome than DC does.

Comment

I think a big problem here comes from the fact that they feel compelled to go for the darkest and most unrealistically brutal portrayals of these characters. The Joker as a 'crazed psycho-killer' rather than a criminal with a theme has many issues that I could go into (I could go into a lot of detail on the stigmatisation and fetishisation of mental illness, for instance), and one of the biggest from a narrative perspective is the fact that he's the villain of the man who will not kill under any circumstances. Ultimately that leads to the problem above, but there's no reason why they have to take this route; there's no reason the Joker has to have a bodycount high enough to make him a statistically significant cause of death in Gotham City.

This is a choice being made, and it's not so much a damned-if-they-do and damned-if-they-don't situation as a rod they're making for their own back.

This would stop being as much of a problem if two basic approaches were implemented.

The first and foremost is to tone down his killing a lot. The Joker is a comic-book criminal villain with a gimmick, so just play him as one. I know we're all supposed to have loved The Killing Joke, and I know we're all supposed to venerate The Dark Knight, but honestly? The Joker was best when he was a criminal and not some kind of mass-murdering monster.

The second and far more important? Just stop using him nearly as often. Another part of the problem with this is that the Joker turns up as a major villain way too often, and is almost as overplayed as Batman himself, which magnifies the already straining murder problem to absurd heights. Not only does the Joker kill a lot of people in all of his appearances, the fact is that he makes a lot of appearances and this magnifies the problem.

This also raises another issue with violence in comic-book stories, and that's the fact that they oversell the violent and darker aspects to the point that it becomes almost routine. Part of the reason the darker stories of the 1980s like Watchmen and the Dark Knight Returns hit so hard was that there weren't that many darker comic-book stories before that point and there was a clear-cut sense of contrast. Now? The prevalence of darker and grittier storylines has basically eliminated the impact.

They need to tone all of this stuff way down. Hopefully the upcoming Rebirth titles will do that.
              Formerly Narsil.

Comment

• 917 - Mister Toad

We've got new item from our Gotham Location getting stocked on the J-Mart shelves!

It is a shame he...croaked in the main DCU...

Ewww...it sounded funny at first but now...I feel like I need to shower...

MISTER TOAD
                PL: 7 (77 pts) - OPL: 7; DPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+0), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Expertise [Performance] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+0), Perception 1 (+3), Persuasion (+0), Stealth 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2)

POWERS:
                Frog Legs: Leaping 1 (15 ft); 1 pt
                Frog Kick: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Accurate 2); 4 pts
                Amphibious: Swimming 2 (2 mph/30 fpr), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic), Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
                NONE

OFFENSE:
                Initiative +3
                Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2]
                Frog Kick +6 [Frog Kick +4]
                Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
                Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
                Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +0 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
                Monstrous Appearance: His anthropomorphic froglike appearance makes it difficult for him to blend into normal society.
                Relationships: He is loyal to Professor Pyg and he has many friends in the Circus of Strange.

Abilities 38 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 10 + Defenses 15 = 77 / 77

Build Comments: Mister Toad is the accomplice of Professor Pyg. He didn’t last long in the DCU continuity but he had a pretty big role in the short lived Beware the Batman series on Cartoon Network a couple of years ago. In the TV show, he had a sonic croak and flamethrower cane. In the DCU, he was a just a toad looking dude that did dirty work for Pyg. I went the simplier route, but I reserve the right to go back and add the cool stuff later.

Secret Origins/ The Story so Far/ Characterization/Friends and Foes Mister Toad is an anthropomorphic toad with a cockney accent who works under Professor Pyg. He was caught in the middle of his crime spree by Batman (Dick Grayson) and Robin. Upon being captured, Mister Toad states that Professor Pyg will retaliate to this. Batman and Robin then leave Mister Toad on the rooftop of the Gotham City Police Department. Toad escaped with the help of his allies of the Circus of Strange and remains at large.
                Last edited by Thorpacolypse; 03-29-2017, 08:25 PM.
                The Thorpacolypse
                "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• 918 - El Chupacabra

Let the new build continue with this new addition to our Image Aisle!

I know a superhero shouldn't be using an axe like that, but believe, I've read the issue. He deserved it.

EL CHUPACABRA
                  PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 9 (+10), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+8) [Connected], Stealth 7 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Spanish), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Redirect, Takedown (1), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
                  Chupacabra Physique: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Scent [Acute]); 5 pts
                  Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 7); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
                  NONE

OFFENSE:
                  Initiative +10
                  Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +4; Claw Strike +7, Critical 19-20]
                  Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
                  Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
                  Toughness +7 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
                  Addiction: El Chupacabra is a recovering alcoholic.
                  Guilt: His drunkenness during a battle cost his teammate Cast Iron his life and he feels immense guilt over it.
                  Motivation: Protecting the world and restoring his reputation.
                  Relationships: He cheated on his ex-wife and she divorced him, but he still loves her dearly.

Abilities 76 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 16 + Defenses 13 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Maybe the best new character Hester introduced in Guarding the Globe, El Chupacabra. He is one of Mexico’s greatest heroes, having saved the world, and apparently also Brit and Cecil Stedman, on more than one occasion. However, his celebrity betrayed him and he ended up cheating on his wife who divorced him. This drove him to the bottle and nearly caused him to end his life by laying his head on the chopping block for the new evil Warrior Woman but his teammate, Cast Iron, used an Interpose and took the shot himself, costing him his life. This caused Brit to kick him off the team and nearly beat him to death himself.

That moment of clarity helped El Chupacabra get sober and he is now back with the team on a probationary basis. He got his own feature in the new Invincible Universe book (which I also highly recommend, Phil Hester is rolling on it) where he went to apologize to Cast Iron’s family as part of his 12 Steps, but it didn’t turn out like hoped. It’s a great read and truly shows how great he can be when he’s sober.

Secret Origins: While his full history is unknown, Francisco, known as El Chupacabra has been one of Mexico's greatest super heroes for years and helped save the world on a couple of occasions with the help of the Cecil Stedman’s Global Defense Agency and Brit.

The Story so Far: El Chupacabra succumbed to his celebrity and ended up cheating on his wife. The affair was discovered and in response, she kicked Francisco out of the house. He began trying to drink his problems away at local bars. He was brought into the Guardians of the Globe in hopes that it would turn his life around but it didn’t work for a good while. During several missions, he was so drunk or hung over that he left his teammates without aide and almost got them killed.

Brit ended up attacking Francisco and was ready to kick him off the team until he was reminded of his past successes by Cecil. During the attack by the Order, El Chupacabra was almost killed by War Woman who was able to sense Francisco's cheating and problems and intended to kill him to put him out of his misery, which Francisco accepted. However, Cast Iron jumped in the way and took the axe for him, leaving him on the brink of death and Brit telling El Chupacabra that if Cast Iron died, his blood was on his hands.

He did indeed die, which provided Francisco the moment of clarity that he needed. He got into a a treatment program and set out to rebuild his life. He started by going to Yugoslavia to apologize to Cast Iron’s family, but found out that the young man that turn his flesh into iron was only one of the members of the family that all had the mutation and were the biggest criminal organization in the land. He ended up defeating them and Cecil invited him to rejoin the Guardians, but he politely refused out of respect for his former teammates and instead accepted an invitation from Cyclops to join the Justice League.

Characterization: Now that he seems to have quit the bottle, he is getting back to being the honorable and resourceful hero that he has been for years.

Friends and Foes: He has a number of villains in Mexico that would like to see him dead and Brit has still not forgiven him for what happened to Cast Iron. He continues to have Cecil Stedman as an ally.
                  Last edited by Thorpacolypse; 03-29-2017, 08:26 PM.
                  The Thorpacolypse
                  "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• 919 - Ripclaw

We've got another new item for our Image Aisle with this J-Mart Favorite Item!

He's really not just a Wolverine ripoff. Seriously.

Well, he kinda is...but I like him anyway.

RIPCLAW
                    PL: 11 (162 pts) - OPL: 11; DPL: 11; HP 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 6 (+12), Deception (+3), Expertise [Magic] 6 (+8) [Ritualist], Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 3 (+5), Insight 3 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 4 (+11), Persuasion 4 (+7), Stealth 7 (+12), Treatment 1 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (3), Diehard, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (Navajo, Apache, Lakota, 2 others, Base: English), Leadership, Power Attack, Ritualist, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
                    Mutant Physiology: Regeneration 5 (1/every other round), Protection 1; 6 pts
                    Feral Senses: Senses 7 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Extended, Acute, Tracking], Detect Spirits [Mental, Ranged]); 7 pts
                    Ripclaws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Breaking, Dangerous 2, Penetrating 7, Split); 14 pts

EQUIPMENT:
                    NONE

OFFENSE:
                    Initiative +9
                    Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +6; Claw Strike +9, Critical 19-20]
                    Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
                    Dodge +22 [DC22] Parry +22 [DC22]
                    Toughness +10 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
                    Enemy: Cyberdata.
                    Honor: Ripclaw is a man of honor. He holds to his code, his word and does not always look to fight to resolve conflicts.
                    Prejudice: Mutant.
                    Relationships: He has had an on-and-off relationship with Velocity and is close to rest of his Cyberforce teammates. He is also close to the Shaman that thought him about his true lineage and trained him in spirituality.

Abilities 88 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 27 + Defenses 11 = 162 / 162

Build Comments: So Ripclaw here is from Cyberforce, an fairly successful Image comics series. Visually, he comes off as a Wolverine rip-off, and he is to a degree, but despite the physical similarities (claws, hand-to-hand master, healing factor), John is a much more spiritual being, having a strong ties to the spirit world and usually trying to talk first before he fights. I think he is one of the Iron Age’s better creations, all things considered. Then again, there's not a lot of competition for that honor.

I really liked everything I’ve read with him in it, and I am going to make him a leader in my setting. I don’t know about the rest of Cyberforce yet. They’ll get posted here eventually.

Secret Origins: Not much is known concerning Ripclaw's early past. Many people believe that he is with the Apache tribe. Although it is true that he spent much of his youth with the Apache, it is also true that he spent just as much, if not more time, with the Cheyenne. He has also lived among the Navajo and the Lakota Sioux.

He is in fact descended from a primitive woodland tribe that lived thousands of years ago in what is now the Northeastern United States. He left home after he began to develop his mutation, and injured a fellow student during a martial arts training session. Ripclaw questioned his father over his hands, and his father became evasive, and became enraged when Ripclaw pressed on with his questions, asking his father about why his skin was much paler than that of other students. He left home, seeking answers, and ended up on an American Indian reservation, where he stumbled into a fight and was knocked unconscious. He was found by a powerful shaman, who taught him about his ancestors.

They went through a ceremony where Ripclaw experienced a joining and conversing with the spirits of his ancestors and the spirits of the land, who told him that he was Robert Bearclaw, and not Robert Berresford, as his father had always told him. The spirits told him that he was to be their warrior and that he was to lead the Indian People back to the greatness of spirit that they once had. When he finished the ceremony, involving tribal flesh hooks and war paint, the shaman marked him with his blood, and this became the red markings over his skin, reminding him always of the pain and truth of the ceremony that he had been through. He was raised primarily by the shaman after that, who taught him how to use his special talents.

The Story so Far: Again, he has a murky past, but one thing that is known is that he spent a lot of time at Cyberdata as a S.H.O.C. He ended up at Cyberdata after he attacked the son of a local sheriff who had raped a young Indian girl. Ripclaw was shot, and ended up at the sherrif's jail, waiting to be delivered to the courts, only there was someone at the bar who witnessed Ripclaw's mutations, and contacted Cyberdata. They then removed his hands and replaced them with cybernetic replacements. Robert was also romantically linked with Misery before she betrayed his team and he joined Cyberforce.

Characterization: Ripclaw is definitely the strong, silent type, the quintessential loner, not very sociable, no fun at parties, but definitely the guy to take if you are going on a hike through the woods. He's highly intelligent, introspective, very well-read, and eminently knowledgeable especially with regard to past and present Native-American cultures. He has a strong sense of right and wrong and embodies all the classic virtues of honor, sincerity, respect and compassion.

Friends and Foes: He is close to his Cyberforce teammates but after their successful elimination of Cyberdata (or so it is believed), they each went their separate ways and Riplcaw has become one of the leaders of the new Justice League Avengers X-Men Alliance.
                    Last edited by Thorpacolypse; 03-29-2017, 08:26 PM.
                    The Thorpacolypse
                    "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• Re: J-Mart: Onomatopoeia, Mister Toad, El Chupacabra, Ripclaw

Hello, J-Mart customers!

Sorry that the stocking of the shelves has been sporadic, but thanks to some crappy weather and a renewed focus on the game thanks to starting to run an MnM game with my FTF group, I see me getting back to working at the store on a more regular basis. I can't just sit back and rest of my laurels. I don't want to end up like K-Mart!!! J-Mart must continue to thrive!!!

I'm going to be all over the place for a bit. Some heroes, some villains, some GI Joe stuff, some other odds and ends are coming up while I empty the backstock before I focus on some of new versions of old builds. After thinking about getting rid of the Thorpocamultiverse for a while, I'm bringing it back. Still not time travel, though, I still think it's f-ed up both Marvel and DC's continuity too much, but I want to do some alternate versions of some of the big names so we'll see some new Earths again. I started remodeling the aisles to account for that.

I'm also going to stop counting. I had all these rules in my head for what counted as an "official" build and such and the more I thought about it, the more I realize, it's doesn't matter. I've built a lot, rebuilt a lot, going to keeping building a lot and that's that. If 10 of the builds are Batman, so be it.

And I saw Civil War tonight (it was awesome and Ant-Man is even more of a favorite now) so expect some cinematic influenced builds in the near future. Even cinematic Batman, sans the killing sprees.
                      The Thorpacolypse
                      "Hate you can trust"

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpacolypse View Post
                        Still not time travel, though, I still think it's f-ed up both Marvel and DC's continuity too much
                        So, no management will be allowed either, I take it.

Comment

I get to see Civil War tomorrow (yay!), so cinematic profiles are indeed wanted!

Comment

Nice builds Thorp. I haven't seen Civil War yet. I should see it Wednesday. By the way I really like Mister Toad. I never heard of him. I always enjoy obscure builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth-Two_Kenn View Post
                              So, no management will be allowed either, I take it.
                              LOL.
                              The Thorpacolypse
                              "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• 920 - Superman - Earth-217

We're throwing open the celestial doors of the Thorpocavmultiverse tonight! And you know the rule at J-Mart: For some reason, it always start with...

Green Arrow: (internal monologue) For the last victim, we went to Animal Man, the Metal Man, and Mister Miracle. We found nothing. So this time, we go to the top. (he glances at Superman) The very top.
                                Superman: The killer used a sheep's tongue knot with a Dutch Marine twist.
                                Green Arrow: How do you know that?
                                Superman: It's a standard Boy Scout's knot.
                                Green Arrow: (internal monologue)And in one sentence I can both love and hate the man.

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
                                PL: 13 (265 pts) - OPL: 13; DPL: 13; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18 (Ultimate Effort), STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+5), Expertise [Farmer] 2 (+5), Expertise [Journalism] 4 (+7), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 1 (+4), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 8 (+13) [Connected], Stealth (+2), Technology 6 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Status – Superman), Connected, Equipment (6), Extraordinary Effort, Inspire (3), Interpose, Languages (3) (Kryptonian, Farsi, Spanish, 7 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Strength Check, Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
                                More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 4 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 5 pts
                                Invulnerability: Impervious Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 5, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 34 pts
                                Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 27 pt Dynamic Array; 31 pts
                                Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 13 (16,000 mph/30 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 27 pts
                                Super Speed: Speed 13 (16,000 mph/30 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
                                Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 1 pt

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
                                [i]Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 30 pts
                                Heat Vision: Heat Ranged Damage 14 (Extra: Accurate 2); 1 pt
                                Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 12 (Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
                                Super Senses: Senses 21 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended 4, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Vision [Extended 4], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
                                (30 pts)
                                Kryptonian Battle Armor: Protection 2, Feature 1 (Quick Change); 3 pts
                                Headquarters: (26 pts)
                                Fortress of Solitude: Size – H, Tough – 20, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 [+20 DC], Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel [Kelex and Robots], Power System, Security System); 26 pts

OFFENSE:
                                Initiative +2 (+22 with Super Speed)
                                Close Attack +6
                                Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +18]
                                Ranged Attack +4
                                Heat Vision +8 [Heat Vision +14]
                                Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +12, Cone Area; Freeze Breath Affliction +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
                                Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
                                Toughness +18 (+9 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +14, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
                                Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton. Other effects that drain or interfere with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
                                Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane. Other important people in his life include his mother and father, Martha and Jonathan Kent, his cousin, Supergirl, his adopted sons, Conner and Chris Kent, and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant. In the superhero community he is close to Batman, Wonder Woman and Thor. And of course, his loyal dog, Krypto.
                                Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
                                Secret Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet.
                                Vulnerable: Kryptonians are as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. They lose their ranks of Protection and their Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks.
                                Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 108 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 103 + Defenses 14 = 265 / 265

Build Comments: As I mentioned earlier, I am restarting the Thorpocamultiverse, basically building a few different versions of some of the main characters inspired by Elseworlds versions from the comics, TV or the cinematic universes. To start, I'm dropping the Superman of Earth-217, a setting that is pretty similar to my "main universe" builds, just at lower levels. I wanted to have some more street level builds to play around with that seem closer to the cinematic/television universes that the big companies have created. I’m still working on defining things, so there will be some tweaks. But I’m kind of thinking that PL-8ish will be the baseline instead of PL10. And as I have tried to do before (and ended up giving in power creep, which could happen again) I’m trying to keep all the characters closer in PL, like between 8-12, for more competitive fights. Team wrecker and jobber villains can go anywhere they need to, of course.

With that said, Superman is at the top of my scale for heroes at PL12. His core mechanics are the same as my main Kyptonians, of course, just scaled back. I like that he seems beatable by a PL10 powerhouse/paragon type, kinda of like he was in the Timmverse. I'll get to more Earth-217 characters after I get a few more Supermen up.

And I used that picture because I LOVE that costume design. It's got just that liiiiiittle bit more flair than the new "non-outside underwear" New 52 look.

Update 10/10/16: Bumped Clark up to PL13 and added a new pic. I'm getting a better feel for my Earth-217 PLs so expect some more of those builds coming up. I did keep the old pic below because we had such a good time chatting about it.

Last edited by Thorpacolypse; 03-29-2017, 08:28 PM.
                                The Thorpacolypse
                                "Hate you can trust"

Comment

Working...
                                X