J-Mart: New Stuff! - Heihachi Mishima, Kazuya Mishima

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 882 - Casshern PC

We're adding to our Anime line with this new item for our PC Superstore Aisles!

If you’ve forgotten death..then you’ve forgotten what it truly means to be alive. - Casshern

CASSHERN
    PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 10 (+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 2 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Insight (+2), Intimidation 6 (+6), Perception 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+7), Stealth (+5), Technology 4 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion (1), Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
    Robot Physique: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Protection 2, Speed 3 (16 mph), Leaping 3 (60 ft); 19 pts
    Regeneration: Regeneration 5 (1/every other round), Immortality 6 (1 day); 17 pts

EQUIPMENT:
    NONE

OFFENSE:
    Initiative +9 (Seize Initiative)
    Close Attack +8
    Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +8, Critical 18-20]
    Ranged Attack +2
    Throwing +6

DEFENSES:
    Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
    Toughness +10, Fortitude +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
    Devour Casshern!: The robots believe that by eating Casshern they can avoid The Ruin.
    Disability: Amnesia.
    Enemy: Braiking Boss.
    Rivalry: Dio.
    Survival Mode: Whenever his "life" is truly threatened, he will enter a berserk fury, attacking all who are near, even those who do are not his enemies.

Abilities 68 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 36 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: I’ve watched about half of the anime Casshern Sins on Adult Swim’s Toonami and it was pretty good. Basically they rebooted the earlier Casshern series to where he was a robot assassin for the main villain, Braiking Boss, who, along with his robot army, had pretty much taken over the world. Casshern, along with two other of Braiking’s best assassins, was sent to kill this girl that was supposed to mankind’s savior and he succeeded.

Once he did, though, the world completely fell apart and the robots, that were supposed to be immortal, began to rust and age quickly because the girl’s death brought about what is known as The Ruin. Casshern seems to be the only one immune but he also lost his memory, so he has no idea what he did or why, at this point, but needless to say he has a lot of enemies now. Somehow the legend as gotten out that if the robots eat Casshern, they will gain his immortality. So of course, because of all those factors, he has to fight a LOT. And man, is he good at it. So that’s how I build him as a PC. All melee, all the time, and if he gets hit, he comes back quick.
    The Thorpacolypse
    Member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent since 2005
    Co-Chair of the Council of 13
    "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• Re: J-Mart: PCs - Loki, Destroyer, Doctor Light

Yay! The J-Mart superstore has reopened!

Comment

No Friender Sidekick? Boo, hiss!

Nice Casshern build, Thorp. I handn't quite finished watching the series when I built mine but be turned out ok. He makes a good robot hero type to drop into most campaigns as an NPC or a PC.
        Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!

Comment

• 883 - Dio PC

A companion piece to our previous item is getting stocked on our new Aisle 8P!

Endure It! You owe me that much Casshern for I am only alive to FIGHT you! I was able to survive and now it is your turn to do the same! - Dio

DIO

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 11 (+16) [Agile Feint], Athletics 2 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Insight (+2), Intimidation 6 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+7), Stealth (+5), Technology 4 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Diehard, Favored Foe (Casshern), Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
          Robot Physique: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Protection 2, Speed 3 (16 mph), Leaping 3 (60 ft); 19 pts
          Regeneration: Regeneration 5 (1/every other round), Immortality 6 (1 day); 17 pts

EQUIPMENT:
          NONE

OFFENSE:
          Initiative +9 (Seize Initiative)
          Close Attack +8
          Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +8, Critical 18-20]
          Ranged Attack +2
          Throwing +6

DEFENSES:
          Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
          Toughness +10, Fortitude +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
          Motivation: Dio is driven to kill Casshern for bringing about The Ruin.
          Relationships: He is close to Leda.
          Rivalry: With Casshern.

Abilities 68 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 36 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Dio is Casshern’s main rival in the series. A robot built exactly like Casshern, but with a more spiteful personality. He fought Casshern to a draw, if not actually winning in most of their fights (I'm not spoiling their final fight and it is bad ass), so he gets a couple of tweaks to make him just a tad better than Casshern in combat to where he should win a few more of their fights than Casshern unless Casshern has an HP advantage, which he will most of the time as the protagonist.
          The Thorpacolypse
          "Hate you can trust"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Eld View Post
            No Friender Sidekick? Boo, hiss!

Nice Casshern build, Thorp. I handn't quite finished watching the series when I built mine but be turned out ok. He makes a good robot hero type to drop into most campaigns as an NPC or a PC.
            Ran out of points...

But the boos are certainly deserved. Friender is great and I will have to get to work on a build for him.
            The Thorpacolypse
            "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• Re: J-Mart: PCs - Loki, Destroyer, Doctor Light, Casshern, Dio

That was not the Dio I was expecting. WRYYYYYYYYYY

Comment

• 884 - Captain Marvel PC (PL10)

We've still a ton more new items for the PC Superstore! Let's get some Avenging done with this next run of builds kicking off with this new one for Aisle 2P!

Well... First there was nothing, then there was everything... Then the good lord saw fit to bring me into the world to kick the asses of those who need it most. So get ready 'cause this day or the next, it's coming. - Captain Marvel

CAPTAIN MARVEL (CAROL DANVERS)

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [11], STAMINA 10, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics (+1/+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+9), Deception (+1), Expertise [Journalism] 3 (+5), Expertise [Military] 3 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+1), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Blast] 3 (+8), Stealth (+2), Vehicles 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Teamwork

POWERS:
                Seventh Sense: Senses 1 (Danger Sense); 1 pt
                Quick Change: Feature 1 (Quick Change from Carol to Ms. Marvel and vice versa); 1 pt
                Invulnerability: Protection 2, Immunity 7 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation [need to breathe]); 9 pts
                Energy Absorption: Impervious Toughness 6 (Flaw: Limited to Energy), Regeneration 5 (1/every other round; Flaw: Fades); 9 pts
                Photonic Flight: 16 pt Array; 17 pts
                Flight: Flight 8 (500 mph/1 mpr); 16 pts
                Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 1 pt

Photonic Energy Control: 24 pt Array; 27 pts
                Photonic Blasts: Ranged Photonic Energy Damage 12; 24 pts
                Kree Strength: Enhanced Strength 10 (50 Tons); 1 pt
                Photonic Burst: Burst Area Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
                Photonic Dazzle: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
                NONE

OFFENSE:
                Initiative +2
                Close Attack +5
                Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +11]
                Ranged Attack +5
                Blast +8 [Photonic Blast +12]
                Special Attack [Photonic Burst +10, Burst Area; Photonic Dazzle Affliction +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
                Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
                Toughness +12 (+6 Impervious against Energy Damage), Fortitude +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
                Patriotism: As a military brat, she has always had a strong sense of patriotism.
                Power Loss: Her Energy Absorption doesn't work against magic and other alien energies, at the GM's discretion.
                Relationships: She is great friends with Jessica Jones-Cage and Spider Woman, Jessica Drew.
                Responsibility: She carry on and honor the name of Captain Marvel.
                Thrills: Carol has always been a thrill seeker.

Abilities 52 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 64 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Please don’t kill me, Ares, but…I really like Carol being the main Captain Marvel now. I know, I know, DC/Whiz Captain Marvel was first but with Marvel being Marvel, it kinda fits that they have Captain Marvel, even if it’s not Mar-Vell. But there’s always room for two, I suppose.
                The Thorpacolypse
                "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• 885 - Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) (PC11)

We've got a Next Level companion piece to our last new item!

And I sort of accidentally blasted him in the crotch.

Seven times in the crotch.

Poor guy turned blue. - Captain Marvel

CAPTAIN MARVEL (CAROL DANVERS)
                  PL: 11 (165 pts) - OPL: 11; DPL: 11; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [12], STAMINA 10, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+1/+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+10), Deception (+2/+4) [Attractive], Expertise [Journalism] 4 (+6), Expertise [Military] 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation (+2), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 2 (+4/+6) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Blast] 5 (+10), Stealth (+2), Vehicles 8 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Interpose, Languages (1) (Kree, 1 other, Base: English), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Second Chance (1) (Toughness checks against energy damage), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Toughness Check, Ultimate Fortitude Check)

POWERS:
                  Seventh Sense: Senses 1 (Danger Sense); 1 pt
                  Quick Change: Feature 1 (Quick Change from Carol to Ms. Marvel and vice versa); 1 pt
                  Invulnerability: Protection 2, Immunity 7 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation [need to breathe]); 9 pts
                  Energy Absorption: Enhanced Protection 2 (Flaw: Limited to energy damage), Impervious Toughness 7 (Flaw: Limited to energy damage), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Second Chance [Toughness checks against energy damage], Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Toughness Check, Ultimate Fortitude Check, Flaw: Limited to checks energy effects]), Regeneration 5 (1/every other round; Flaw: Fades); 12 pts
                  Photonic Flight: 16 pt Array; 17 pts
                  Flight: Flight 8 (500 mph/1 mpr); 16 pts
                  Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 1 pt

Photonic Energy Control: 24 pt Array; 27 pts
                  Photonic Blasts: Ranged Photonic Energy Damage 12; 24 pts
                  Kree Strength: Enhanced Strength 11 (100 Tons); 1 pt
                  Photonic Burst: Burst Area Damage 11 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
                  Photonic Dazzle: Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
                  NONE

OFFENSE:
                  Initiative +2
                  Close Attack +5
                  Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +1; Photonic Strength Unarmed +12]
                  Ranged Attack +5
                  Photonic Blast +10 [Photonic Blast +12]
                  Special Attack [Photonic Burst +11, Burst Area; Photonic Dazzle Affliction +11, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
                  Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
                  Toughness +12 (+14 against Energy Damage, +7 Impervious against Energy Damage, Ultimate Fortitude against Energy Effects, Ultimate Toughness against Energy Damage), Fortitude +12, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
                  Patriotism: As a military brat, she has always had a strong sense of patriotism.
                  Power Loss: Her Energy Absorption doesn't work against magic and other alien energies, at the GM's discretion.
                  Relationships: She is great friends with Jessica Jones-Cage and Spider Woman, Jessica Drew.
                  Responsibility: She carry on and honor the name of Captain Marvel.
                  Thrills: Carol has always been a thrill seeker.

Abilities 54 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 67 + Defenses 17 = 165 / 165

Build Comments: Carol at PL11, where I would have her my potential Avengers test.
                  The Thorpacolypse
                  "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• Re: J-Mart: PCs - Loki, Destroyer, Doctor Light, Casshern, Dio, Captain Marvel (Carol)

I don't mind carol being captain marvel myself, what I'm trying to figure out is what moron at editing thought that was a good look for her.
                    Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

• Re: J-Mart: PCs - Loki, Destroyer, Doctor Light, Casshern, Dio, Captain Marvel (Carol)

Personally I like the look. It's a nice call back to Mar-Vell's uniform without being and exact copy or even just a palette swap. It's light years ahead of her old uniform which was stripper boots, opera gloves and a swimsuit. I'm glad they've mostly ditched the headgear though.

Comment

Oh god, the Fauxhawk Headgear was THE WORST. Absolutely the worst.

The new costume isn't so bad, but I like it better when it's given a more "neutral" color scheme, like the red becomes this bronze-ish red color.*

I think part of the bad rap it got was from Kelly Sue DeConnick going all "NO REAL WOMAN WOULD EVER WEAR THAT!" regarding her old costume, which... well, five seconds at any Comic Con would tell you isn't true. So anyone who was a fan of the old look was immediately taken aback and defensive about it, which turned into trashing the new look. I mean, who wants to hear "the old look SUCKED, and if you like it, f*** you"?

Personally, her old costume looked great, if a bit generic (like... what's the lightning bolt for?). Yeah it had long boots & gloves, but those both cover WAY more skin than your typical super-heroine (it's got nine miles of fabric on Gamora's former outfit, for example), AND it's hawt.
                        Jabroniville at Hotmail dot com
                        http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/index.php

Comment

think part of the problem I had with it was twofold honestly. one it felt like it was done not as tribute imo but as a big middle finger to the fans that did enjoy the warbird look, also a bit of a change for changes sake instead of an actual homage to the original uniform.

then they exacerbated it by adding that bloody fauxhawk which made her look completely ridiculous on top of everything else.
                          Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Only it IS an homage to Mar-Vell's uniform. It takes zero time to see that it is designed as an homage and while I think Ms. Deconnick could have been more diplomatic, I see her point. Besides when has a superhero needed a reason to change their look. I mean, Carol's "Binary" bikini was fine and she changed her look back to her second Ms. Marvel costume, while adopting a new code name altogether. Remember, the "Warbird" costume was a "Ms. Marvel" costume first which was adopted because her original costume was a bit clunky.

Personally I don't take any offense at the new wave of women comic writers and artists redesigning costumes so their heroines are no more sexualized than their male counterparts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabroniville View Post
                              The new costume isn't so bad, but I like it better when it's given a more "neutral" color scheme, like the red becomes this bronze-ish red color.*
                              No it really is. It's the epitome of over designing. Remove the helmet & the faux hawk, remove all the yellow piping, invert the red and blue, ditch the separate gloves entirely, get rid of the military collar, get rid of the sash, replace it with a red scarf thin-cape & NOW you've got a costume that isn't bad.... Because you've got a full length version of the classic costume, the costume they SHOULD have gone with if there intention was to "update" the costume to the preference of the PC police.

Originally posted by Jabroniville View Post
                              I think part of the bad rap it got was from Kelly Sue DeConnick going all "NO REAL WOMAN WOULD EVER WEAR THAT!" regarding her old costume, which... well, five seconds at any Comic Con would tell you isn't true. So anyone who was a fan of the old look was immediately taken aback and defensive about it, which turned into trashing the new look. I mean, who wants to hear "the old look SUCKED, and if you like it, f*** you"?
                              Screw being on the defensive, the new look would suck even if you weren't on the defensive. A bad design is a bad design & this design is deliberately overwrought. The idea was that it drew aspects from all the things Carol has been, which sounds like one of those feel good affirmation ideas that only work when you post on facebook, because you want to sound like you are saying something deep and profound, without having to do any actual work on personal discovery.

If you were to actually do this in real life you'd be going out into the world wearing a school shirt, a tie, a diaper & football cleats, you know because you went to school for years, you started a job where you had to wear a tie, you were once an infant & you used to play football.... You'd look like a crazy person, because you would be a crazy person if you got dressed in the morning using that concept.

Originally posted by Horsenhero View Post
                              Only it IS an homage to Mar-Vell's uniform.
                              Except it's not. The ORIGINAL was an homage, the Dark Avengers Ms Marvel costume was an homage, this new costume is just a hodge podge of disparate elements that don't work together.

I think Ms. Deconnick could have been more diplomatic,
                              She could be the most diplomatic person on the planet, she could be so diplomatic that she could forge a peace treaty in the middle east that would last a thousand years, her costume redesign would still suck. There's no problem with a costume redesign, the problem is with THIS costume redesign, in that it is a terrible redesign.

Personally I don't take any offense at the new wave of women comic writers and artists redesigning costumes so their heroines are no more sexualized than their male counterparts.
                              I do, because it's a pretense. Women aren't offended by sexually attractive women in media, they are offended that there is sexually attractive women in media whose demographic is predominately male.

If women were legitimately offended by sexually attractive women in media then there own media created by them, for them would look like a shopping catalogue for this years fall line up of Burkas for fashion forward Islamists. But it doesn't, because they aren't offended by sexually attractive women in media, they are offended that there is media being looked at by men that includes sexually attractive women in media. If the primary demographic as well as the primary creators of superhero comics were women, you can be assured that the amount of super risqué womens costumes would skyrocket.

Because the same aggregate of people who declare this costume to be to sexy

Are the same aggregate who then published & purchased on mass a publication with a cover like this

and novels with covers like this

But it's totally the Ms Marvel costume that needed changing because it's totally offensive to women you guyz.
                              Last edited by saint_matthew; 02-21-2016, 07:11 PM.
                              “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

This has been some great discussion, but saint_matthew wins on points for the Fabio pic alone.

Because you are never ready to see Fabio!
                                The Thorpacolypse
                                "Hate you can trust"

Comment

Working...
                                X