J-Mart: New Stuff! - Heihachi Mishima, Kazuya Mishima

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: J-Mart: Starhawk, Void, Fury, Songbird, Bleez, Javelynn, Queen Bee

I learn something geeky and new practically every time I check this board. That is awesome stuff. I do have to admit I REALLY wanted to be Johnny Sokko for a while as a kid because man, who wouldn't want to be able to summon Giant Robot at will. I got a watch for my birthday one year and I for a long time I kept talking into it, pretending to summon Giant Robot. Ah, good times...

And back to the earlier point, I'll have you all know that I would give Thundra the best 45 seconds of her life!
    The Thorpacolypse
    Member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent since 2005
    Co-Chair of the Council of 13
    "Hate you can trust"

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpacolypse View Post
      I learn something geeky and new practically every time I check this board. That is awesome stuff. I do have to admit I REALLY wanted to be Johnny Sokko for a while as a kid because man, who wouldn't want to be able to summon Giant Robot at will. I got a watch for my birthday one year and I for a long time I kept talking into it, pretending to summon Giant Robot. Ah, good times...

And back to the earlier point, I'll have you all know that I would give Thundra the best 45 seconds of her life!
      Ever think of doing Space Giants, Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot and Ultraman profiles? Nudge, nudge and nudge!!! HINT, HINT, HINT!!! That would REALLY be great after Ladies Night Special!

LOL about the 45 seconds with Thundra! Ya know, it would probably take her that long to string you up and then unwrap you with that long Chain of hers!

Comment

Surviving 45 seconds with Thundra would be an achievement worth bragging about. She's probably rougher on her partners than Giganta.

Comment

Same could be said for surviving 45 seconds with the CSA Superwoman; she's tall, strong (same as Wonder Woman) AND she has a barbed-wire lasso in which to ensnare ya!

That's an added bonus to all y'all with a pain fetish..............

Comment

WOW.

One whole week---no new profiles not even any new posts.

Hope everyone is doing fine and feeling well.

(Didn't mean to overwhelm anyone with my enthusiasm/fangasm for SG---pardons go out if I did )

I can only speculate that prolific profiles are being produced down in the dungeon and I can't wait to see Thundra, New Warrior Woman (Marvel Hippolyte), CSA especially Superwoman and her barbed lariat...............then, maybe, Space Giants, Johnny Sokko and Ultraman after that???!!! (Passes out from the thought!)
            Last edited by Goldar; 10-09-2015, 07:19 AM.

Comment

No worries, G, just mega busy. The Young Thorpacolypses' marching band and football seasons are high gear and other school and work things going on. Plus, Battle for Zendikar released for Magic the Gathering, so I've been using my little bit of spare time to rework some decks, learn the new meta, etc. Just haven't had the time to kick out the builds. After next weekend, things will get better, so expect a glut of builds after that.
              The Thorpacolypse
              "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• 738 - Warrior Woman (Hippolyta)

After an unavoidable delay (stupid real life) we're back to stocking the shelves at J-Mart! And we're filling one of Goldar's orders with this new item that kicks off another LADIES' NIGHT!

I'd hate for you to lose the ability to sire offspring just because you wanted to prove your manliness by brandishing a weapon - Hippolyta

WARRIOR WOMAN (HIPPOLYTA)
                PL: 12 (180 pts) - OPL: 12; DPL: 12; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 11, STAMINA 11, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+13), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise [Olympians] 8 (+9), Expertise [Royalty] 6 (+7), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+9), Insight (+3), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+10), Stealth (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Ancient Greek), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
                Olympian Physiology: Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Immunity 6 (Aging, All Environmental); 7 pts
                Flight: Flight 7 (250 mph/1/2 mpr); 14 pts
                Olympian Breastplate: 12 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 10 pts
                Golden Armor: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 10; 12 pts
                Golden Tiara: 9 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 7 pts
                Golden Bird of Death: Piercing Ranged Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Penetrating 7); 9 pts

EQUIPMENT:
                NONE

OFFENSE:
                Initiative +8
                Close Attack +11
                Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +11, Critical 19-20]
                Ranged Attack +6
                Throwing +10 [Thrown Tiara +12]

DEFENSES:
                Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
                Toughness +13 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
                Daddy Issues: She loves, but has often been at odds with her father, Ares.
                Responsibility: As Queen of the Amazons her first priority is to her people.
                Rivalry: Valkyrie and Asgardians in general.
                Women and Women First: Hippolyta has little use for men and will rarely, if ever, fight alongside them.

Abilities 94 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 38 + Defenses 13 = 180 / 180

Build Comments: Hippolyta is another one of Marvel's shots at DC with their take on the Amazons. Hipployta is Ares' daughter in the Marvel U, and she fought Herc with/for him back in the day, even though she was madly in love with ol’ Herc. His spurning of her advances made her very angry and she's had a love/hate relationship with him for ages. After floating around the Marvel U for a bit, she got offed by her daughter, Artume, who wanted to take over as Queen of the Amazons. But Hela brought her back to help Valkyrie in the Fearless Defenders book, which was far better than I expected, but I knew it couldn’t last. And to continue to take shots at WW, now Marvel's Hippolyta wears a golden breastplate, can fly and she's shown that she can take the golden eagle off her tiara and whip it at people.

The good thing, though, is that they made her a better character, slowly but surely. They've kind of been portraying her as the stereotypical "I hate men and I am queen so you have to listen to me because I am always right" type of Amazon, but that’s changing. She got her own feature in the Age of Ultron crossover book of the Fearless Defenders as she pwned her father and showed her heroic mettle by letting him live. She's started to steal the book as a foil for the also getting great run Valkyrie, and I dug it.

Of course, she can’t be a “real” Amazon in the Thorpocaverse since the “real” Hippolyta rules there, so she’ll get a modified background for my setting.

Secret Origins: Hippolyta is the daughter of the Greek god of war Ares and Otrera, and she is the step-sister to Phobos.

The Story so Far: She was trained in the art of war practically since birth and was one of Olympus’ greatest warriors. She eventually came to Earth, deciding to make Themiscyra her island stronghold and becoming the first Amazon. She was joined by other great warriors and she and her sister Amazons would help create war, stealing female children in the process in order to make their armies grow. The group protected the cow-goddess Io as a favor to her grandfather Zeus.

After many years of ruling the Amazons, Hippolyta eventually met Hercules when he, Jason, and the Argonauts landed on Paradise Island. There they attempted to steal Hippolyta's enchanted girdle and any slaves they could along the way. Fearing that the Amazons would fall wihout their queen, Hippolyta’s sister Antiope acquired a potion to cause Hippolyta to forger who she was and had her flee while she told Jason and Hercules that she was Hippolyta. She led the Amazons to eventually overcome the invaders.

Initially resenting Hercules for the initial invasion, Hippolyta eventually fell in love with him. Over the centuries, she tried various attempts to win his affection, but ultimately he never gave her his heart. Thus a love/hate relationship was formed between the two.She was also trained by her father to hate Hercules. Initially resenting Hercules, Hippolyta eventually fell in love with him. Over the centuries, she tried various attempts to win his affection, but ultimately he never gave her his heart. Thus a love/hate relationship was formed between the two.

Recently, Hippolyta helped Pluto, Greek god of the dead, in his plan to avenge himself on Hercules, by posing as a movie actress for Hippolyta and tricking the hero into signing a "movie contract" that in reality bound him to Pluto's realm, Hades, while Pluto was disguised as the director. When Hercules was given the contract she told him that in the film he conquered the Netherworld by defeating Pluto and she remained by his side all the time, causing him to sign the contract. She then revealed who she really was to Hercules. But Thor came to his aid, and the heroes caused so much damage to Hades that Pluto himself broke the contract just to be rid of them.

Hippolyta also formed a new generation of Amazons from female runaways in New York City called the Bacchae. The group clashed with such heroes as the Fantastic Four, the Teen Titans and the X-Men as well as the Amazonian Princess, Wonder Woman.

Later, Hippolyta again plagued Hercules, visiting her father Ares in an attempt to rally him to one of Hera's new schemes. Ares rebuffs her, however, and when Hippolyta returns, she is murdered by her daughter Artume, who is tired of her mother's obsession with Hercules. During the Dark Reign event, Hippolyta was among the dead people in Erebus when Hercules traveled to the Underworld.

Hela later brought Hippolyta, now going by Warrior Woman, from the Underworld to help the Valkyrior defeat the Doommaidens. Hippolyta then joined Valkyrie's Fearless Defenders as a full-time member of this group.

Characterization: Hippolyta is one of the world’s great warriors and is now trying to break out of her father’s shadow and form her own destiny.

Friends and Foes: She and her father have a complex relationship, but both do seem to share a bond.
                Last edited by Thorpacolypse; 10-18-2016, 06:02 PM.
                The Thorpacolypse
                "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• Re: J-Mart: Queen Bee. Warrior Woman II

Glad you are back Thorp and that life's pull as ebbed a little bit now.

Thanks for Hippolyta. Much worth the wait!

The pic you chose is spectacular. This Hippolyta's costume reminds me of her namesake's daughters in days gone by......

I noticed you stated she has a rivalry with Valkyrie----did the 2 ever fight? I would think that they would be pretty evenly matched, more like analogues of each other: one Asgardian, the other Olympian.

Comment

• Re: J-Mart: Queen Bee. Warrior Woman II

I don't recall whether they actually rumbled or not. In the Fearless Defenders book, when Hela resurrected her and made her part of Valkyrie's team, it was alluded to that they had gotten into it before, but that might have just been to set up the "reluctant allies" situation.
                    The Thorpacolypse
                    "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• 739 - Thundra

This LADIES' NIGHT continues with another requested item that also happens to be a longtime J-Mart Favorite Item!

I am all women. - Thundra

THUNDRA
                      THUNDRA
                      PL: 13 (158 pts) - OPL: 13; DPL: 13; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 2 (+16), Deception (+3/+5) [Attractive], Expertise [Tactics] 5 (+6), Insight (+3), Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+3/+5) [Attractive], Stealth (+4), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Diehard, Favored Foe (The Thing), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
                      Peak Femizonian Physiology: Protection 2 (Flaw: Limited to physical damage), Impervious 5 (Flaw: Limited to physical damage, Feature 1 (Longevity), Immunity 4 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Disease, Pressure); 11 pts
                      Femizonian Athletics: Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 ft pr); 4 pts
                      Thundra Chain: 7 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 5 pts
                      Chain Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Chokehold, Disarming, Grabbing, Tripping, Reach 3 [15 ft]); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
                      NONE

OFFENSE:
                      Initiative +4
                      Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +14; Chain +14]
                      Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
                      Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
                      Toughness +14 (+14 against physical damage, +5 Impervious against physical damage), Fortitude +12, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
                      Relationships: She has had a thing for The Thing for a while, and also hooked up with Arkon for a while. She hasn't formed much of a bond with her daughter, Lyra, but is aware of, and protective of her.
                      She Woman Man Hater’s Club: Thundra has little use for men in general, only those she deems worthy. She believes in the strength and superiority of women and will not stand to see any woman mistreated.

Build Comments: Loves me some Thundra. Didn’t take much to get me to whip her up after Goldar asked. I saw a thread somewhere about why she’s not used more and I tend to ask myself the same question. But geez, Marvel has so many characters, you can ask that about hundreds of them. Only so many comics per month and only so many stories to tell.

Secret Origins: Thundra is a warrior woman and time traveler from an alternate future 25th century. In the future society she hails from, planet Earth is now known as Femizonia and is ruled by amazon-like female overlords (Femizons) who have conquered and enslaved the diminished male population. The former United States is now the 'United Sisterhood Republic', and Thundra hails from the megalopolis of Greater Milago (a merged sprawl of Milwaukee and Chicago), located in the United Sisterhood's Midwestern Republic. Thundra is renowned as the United Sisterhood's most formidable warrior, having been physically enhanced by genetic engineering and trained from childhood in combat, the martial arts, and military strategy.
                      Last edited by Thorpacolypse; 10-18-2015, 07:57 PM.
                      The Thorpacolypse
                      "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• 740 - Thor (Jane Foster)

This last new item ends our LADIES' NIGHT for tonight!

The world needs a Thor. - Jane Foster

THOR (JANE FOSTER)
                        PL: 14 (259 pts) - OPL: 14; DPL: 14; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+15), Deception 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth (+3), Technology 1 (+4), Treatment 6 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6)

POWERS:
                        Enhanced Asgardian Physiology: Impervious Protection 2, Impervious 2, Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Heat, Cold), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]), Enhanced Dodge 7, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Advantages 10 (Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7), Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 34 pts
                        Power of Thor: Enhanced Strength 6 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
                        Allspeak: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); 6 pts
                        Asgardian Plate: 8 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 6 pts
                        Body Armor: Impervious 8; 8 pts
                        Stormy Moods: Feature 1 (The weather dramatically reflects your emotions, giving you a circumstance bonus for appropriate interaction skill checks [like Intimidation]); 1 pt
                        Weatherproof: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Stormy conditions]), Immunity 2 (Earthly Weather), Feature 1 (No matter the weather conditions, she remains dry, his hair and clothing never mussed by the wind); 5 pts
                        Goddess of Thunder: Environment 5 (500 ft radius; Cold [extreme cold], Impede Movement [reduce movement by 2 ranks, -5 Acrobatics/Athletics], Light [eliminates all concealment provided by natural darkness, counter darkness effects with Power Check], Visibility [-5 modifier to Perception checks]; Extra: Selective); 20 pts
                        Meldunjaz: 90 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-36 pts); 54 pts
                        Indestructible: Feature 1 (Indestructible); 1 pts
                        Only the Worthy…: Feature 2 (Can only be lifted and wielded by a worthy being); 2 pts
                        Magic Detection: Senses 2 (Detect Magic [Mental, Ranged]); 2 pts
                        Life Support: Immunity 4 (Radiation, Suffocation [Need to breathe], Vacuum, High Pressure); 5 pts
                        Hovering: Flight 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 2 pts
                        Mjolnir Weather Control: Enhanced Environment 5 (4 Mile radius; Extra: Selective [12 ranks total]); 20 pts
                        Hammer Time! 48 pt Array; 56 pts
                        Tornado Burst: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 12 (Air; Resisted/Overcome by Strength; 1st: Hindered and Impaired, 2nd: Prone and Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Concentration, Extra Condition, Flaw: Instant Recovery [Hindered and Prone]); 48 pts
                        Call the Lightning: Ranged Line Area Electrical Damage 14, Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks); (Extra: Line Area x2 [60 ft line], Indirect 2 [Above/Hammer]); 1 pt
                        Fog: Ranged Cloud Area Concealment 2 (Visual; Extra: Attack, Extra: Cloud Area x6 (1800-foot radius); 1 pt
                        Hammer Throw: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 3 [8], Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effort for +2 ranks); (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dangerous, Penetrating 15); 1 pt
                        Hammer Strike Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 3 [8], Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effort for +2 ranks); (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Breaking, Dangerous, Penetrating 15, Smashing); 1 pt
                        Groundstrike: Burst Area Affliction 14 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Damage], Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery, Limited to grounded targets), Burst Area Damage 14 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radus], Linked [Affliction], Flaw: Limited to grounded targets; 1 pt
                        Wind Riding: Enhanced Flight 11 (4000 [8000] mph; 8 mpr [16 mpr]); 1 pt
                        Space Travel: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system]); 1 pt
                        Dimensional Movement: Movement 2 (Dimensional 2 [The 9 Realms]; Extra: Portal 2 [10 ft wide]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
                        NONE

OFFENSE:
                        Initiative +3
                        Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +15; Meldunjaz Strike +18, Critical 19-20]
                        Ranged Attack +10 [Mjolnir Thrown +18, Critical 19-20]
                        Special Attack [Tornado Affliction +12, Burst Area; Call the Lightning +14, Line Area; Groundstrike Affliction/Damage +14, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
                        Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +12 [DC22]
                        Toughness +16 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
                        Disability: Jane is battling breast cancer and even though she shows no ill effects while wielding Mjolnir, it seems the power is causing the cancer to advance more quickly.
                        Enemy: As the new Thor, she has inherited all of his foes as well as incurring the wrath of Odin who questions her right to wield the Odinson's weapon.
                        Power Loss: Jane can turn back into her mortal form at will, but also when separated from Mjolnir for an extended period of time. In her normal identity, she loses all powers and her stats drop to STR 0, STA 1, AGL 0, FGT 2.
                        Relationships: She remains close to Thor Odinson.
                        Responsibility: As she put it, "the world needs a Thor".
                        Secret Identity: She has kept her identity as Jane Foster a secret so far.

Abilities 106 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 134 + Defenses 8 = 259 / 259

Build Comments: So a few months ago, we were given a new female Thor, who, after months of speculation, turned out to be Jane Foster. Not a surprise, but a fun angle. I haven’t read anything with her yet, but the general reviews seem to be positive and except for the usual “why, it seems like Mjolnir likes her better” type of moments that always seem to get thrown in to give new characters cred. It’s not like it’s the first time classic Thor has been replaced and it won’t be the last so we’ll ride it out as long as it lasts.

Secret Origins: Jane Foster was a nurse hired by Dr. Donald Blake to assist him in his private medical practice. Actually, the crippled Dr. Donald Blake was the human identity used for many years by the Asgardian god Thor. Jane and Blake traveled to San Diablo during a civil war communistic fraction and a democratic fraction. Because of the fighting, there was a shortage of medical help in San Diablo, and several American doctors. The Executioner (Santiago Rivera ) tried to destroy the medical supplies. Thor was ale to stop him and they helped the people of San Diablo. Blake fell deeply in love with Foster, who was unaware of his dual-identity. She was infatuated with Thor, whom she had not yet met in his godly identity, but took a protective attitude toward him, worrying about his health and frailty. She would regularly gush over Thor's exploits much to Blake annoyance. He wondered if Jane would ever love a normal man like him.

The Story so Far: Jane was involved in many adventure with Thor and Dr. Blake, and although Thor was in love with Jane, his father, Odin, forbade him from revealing his dual identity to her and later forbade him from marrying her. He finally defied his father and after more trials from Odin and Thor’s foes, they were finally together.

After some time together, they decided to split and each went their separate ways. Over time, they became good friends again and Thor visited her frequently on his visits to Midgard. While Thor was away fighting Gorr, Jane was diagnosed with breast cancer. She was dating a man named Walter. She later accepted Thor's invitation to represent Midgard in the Congress of the Worlds on Asgard while she underwent therapy, but refused magical treatments.

During a battle against Nick Fury, Thor lost the ability to wield his hammer Mjolnir. The hammer remained on the Moon, where Thor and the Asgardians remained for some time, as he was unwilling to accept his loss, and attempted numerous times to lift the hammer to no avail. Soon after Thor and the rest of the Asgardians had left the Moon, Jane Foster came and picked up Mjolnir, becoming the new Thor.

After several adventures as Thor, Jane's cancer eventually brought her to the brink of death as she turned back into her mortal form in order to allow Thor Odinson, who had again become worthy of Mjolnir, to wield it once more to defeat the Midgard Serpent. After finally accepting her true heroic nature, Odin was able to save her and granted Jane her own hammer, Meldunjaz, allowing her to continue as Thor. She remains on Midgard while the Odinson focuses on Asgard and the other realms.

Characterization: Jane is a strong willed and highly principled woman, which is why she has been considered worthy of wielding Mjolnir. She is a highly skilled nurse.

Friends and Foes: She is close to Thor, and when available, Dr. Donald Blake. She is friends with astrophysicist Erik Gulsvig and her former roommate, Darci.
                        Last edited by Thorpacolypse; 10-18-2016, 06:45 PM.
                        The Thorpacolypse
                        "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• Re: J-Mart: Queen Bee. Warrior Woman II, Thundra, Thor

I wonder, how has Jane Foster managed to get to the moon? Doesn't seem like an usual place for nurses dealing with cancer.
                          My Deviantart page

Comment

Interesting twist with the new comics coming out. apparently Thor and the Sam Wilson Cap are an item now.
                            Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by danelsan View Post
                              I wonder, how has Jane Foster managed to get to the moon? Doesn't seem like an usual place for nurses dealing with cancer.
                              clearly this comic was written by someone who actually thinks Obama care is magic.
                              “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

I remember from years ago when they had Jane Foster become....................Thordis!

Comment

Working...
                                X