Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mister CD's Builds: Dove, Atlas, The Walking Tank(!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mister CD's Builds: Dove, Atlas, The Walking Tank(!)

Hey everybody,
    ... Well, I'm not really sure how to start this/do this. I've been lurking since the days of the Atomic Think Tank, and been making write-ups for about as long as well. But I've never really posted anything before, so apologies for any formatting issues, or any-other silliness besides. This is literally my first time posting on the forum, so bare with me.
    Anyway, I'd thought I'd just test out the water, and post some characters of mine: see if anyone's interested: most character's will be original concepts, with a few based on pre-existing characters here-and-there. All write-ups use the rules as-written in the handbook - I'll wait a while and get established before I start thinking about changing how impervious works, or free advantages bases on the levels of certain abilities, or anything like that.

I'll save this space for if I ever need to have anything front and center, or if I ever need to put down a directory, or anything like that.

Anyway, let's get this train-wreck started.

Edit: Was honestly meaning this to be a bit more forward-moving, with my first builds coming right after this, but apparently a mod has to approve the post before it can go through, so I guess we'll have to wait.
    But anyway, 35 views so far, for this just mangle of a paragraph; it's pretty cool. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Mister CD; 08-13-2018, 10:23 PM.

Re: Mister CD's Builds: just trying this out

SPARTAN II's

"Spartan's don't die, they just go missing-in-action."

Yeah, I know, I said "mainly original concepts", or whatever, but I already had this written up, and it's one in the morning, and I'm not about to leave the thread blank with one post.

Anyway, Spartans, you know them, I know them, they're one of the most iconic 'objects' in Sci-Fi gaming and culture in general, one of the most iconic space-marine/super soldiers in the same, and are at the heart of one of the most well known and beloved FPS's in gaming history. I would assume most people would know the story about the Spartan II's as well, but the cliff-notes version if you don't is:

Human children abducted by shady group of vague, governmental douche-bags for top-secret military program, filled to burst with all manner of highly dangerous procedures to turn them into post-human bad-asses, horrible mortality rates, training, standards, then invasion by massive, multi-species empire out to destroy all of humanity, season with cutting-edge powered armour, makes serves for up to two people until 343 got rid of split screen GOD DAMMIT -

Ahem, anyway, the story of the Spartan II's, and the wider Halo series, is near-on two decades old now (or it might actually be two decades old now, I don't know when the first one came out), and its helped shape Sci-Fi shooters (and Sci-Fi in general) so distinctly that I kind of feel like I'd be beating a dead horse if I went over the games/the Spartans in any more detail; there're already tons of videos and audiobooks and wiki pages that do that job much better than I ever could, so go read/listen to those if you want more info.

As to the build(s), they're meant to be the "typical" Spartan, fresh out of training: you're individual special post-human snow-flake will vary - hell, they'll do that even before they finish training.

The two builds below are meant to represent a Spartan's typical loadout - one with, and without an Onboard A.I - again, not to get too into it, but, if you don't know, all MJOLNIR armour have build-in systems that allow an A.I to help, well, "pilot' the suit, increasing reaction times and all that jazz. It doesn't change things too drastically, but I thought it important to include, given that it comes standard with the armour. (and, if it needs to be noted, an A.I will typically have it's own traits and specialties as well).

________

SPARTAN II (“Typical”) PL: 13, pp: 166

Abilities: 58 Points

STR 7/6 STA 7/6 AGL 4 DEX 4 FGT 8/7 INT 2 AWE 4 PRE 0

Powers: 56 Points

Enhanced Mobility & Reflexes: 6 points.
    -Quickness 2, Speed 4.

SPARTAN II Augmentations: 20 points.
    -Carbide Ceramic Ossification: Immunity 20 (Very Common Descriptor: Bludgeoning) (Flaws: Limited – Half Effect), Carbide Ceramic Ossification: Protection 2, Catalytic Thyroid Implant: Growth 2 (Extras: Innate, Flaws: Permeant),
    -Occipital Capillary Reversal: Senses 3 (Acute Sight, Extended Sight 1 (x10) *, Low-Light Vision.

Device: MJOILNIR Powered Assault Armour: 30 (Removable – 7) points.
    -Restricted Users: SPARTANs only: Feature 1
    -AI Support Systems: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Dexterity +1 (+5), Fighting +1 (+9), Advantages: Evasion, Flaws: Limited – Only with an AI onboard. (NOTE: not included in normal stat block, see below) **
    -Automatic Bio-foam Injectors: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Stamina +1 (+7).
    -Energy Shield: Protection 4 (Extras: Sustained, Flaws: Fades.
    -Helmet Systems: Immunity 2 (Suffocation: Limited Internal Air Supply, Suffocation: Toxic Atmosphere.
    -Helmet Systems: Senses 9 (Acute Detect, Detect Neural Interface/Motion Tracker 2: ranged, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended Sight 1 (x10) (NOTE: stacks for (x100) with *), Radio, Time Sense.
    -Hydrostatic Gel & Pressure Seal: Immunity 4 (Environmental Conditions: Cold, Heat, High Pressure, Vacuum).
    -Polymerized Lithium Nibocene Layer & Force-Multiplying Circuits: Enhanced Trait 6 (Traits: Strength +1 (+7), Fighting +1 (+8), Agility +1 (+5), Flaws: Permanent.
    -Titanium Alloy Outer Shell, Bodysuit & Hydrostatic Gel: Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious [3 extra ranks [Impervious 6]].

Equipment: 5 Points

PDA: Cell Phone (Smartphone), Commlink, Standard Weapons: (Assault Rifle, Heavy Pistol, Fragmentation Grenades (x2), Knife).

Advantages: 29 Points

Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit, Ambidexterity, Benefits, Status 1: SPARTAN II, Close Attack 2, Diehard, Favoured Foe: The Covenant, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown 1, Teamwork, Equipment 5, Languages 1 (Base: English, Extras: Spartan Sign Language/Speech).

Skills: 13 Points

Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics 4 (+11), Close Combat 0 (+8), Deception 0 (+0), Expertise 6: SPARTAN/UNSC Military (+8), Insight 2 (+6), Intimidation 0 (+1), Investigation 0 (-), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 0 (+0), Ranged Combat 0 (+4), Sleight of Hand 0 (-), Stealth 2 (+5), Technology 2 (+4), Treatment 2 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+6).

Offensive:

Initiative +13, Assault Rifle, +10 (DC 20) (Ballistic / Multiattack, Crit 20), Heavy Pistol, +10 (DC 19) (Ballistic, Crit 20), Fragmentation Grenade, +8 (DC Dodge 15), Grab, +10 (DC Spec. 17) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20), Knife, +10 (DC 23) (Piercing, Crit 19-20), Throw, +8 (DC 22) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20).

Defensive: 10 Points

Dodge 4 (8), Parry 2 (9), Fortitude 2 (9), Toughness 16 (Impervious 6), Will 2 (6)

Points Total: Abilities 58 + Powers 56 + Advantages 29 + Skills 13 + Defenses 10 = 166

Complications:

Fame: It’s a Spartan! – Spartans are famous throughout the UNSC – and the Covenant – for their actions throughout the Human/Covenant war; living legends to the people around them – for better, or for worse.
    Motivation: Patriotism, Responsibility: The UNSC – SPARTAN II’s were almost born to serve the UNSC and its people, and, though many reach great heights in the UNSC hierarchy, they are all still, in a sense, UNSC property: weapons in the war for humanity’s survival.
    Relationship – SPARTAN II’s have a deep relationship with both each-other, and certain members of the greater UNSC – Doctor Halsey, in particular, though others stand out as well.

**, While included in this MJOILNIR armour write-up, most Spartans don’t go into battle with an A.I onboard, so the advantages given are largely moot. They are still included in the points total for the armour, however.

SPARTAN II (“Typical”, with onboard AI) PL: 13, pp: 171

Abilities: 58 Points

STR 7/6 STA 7/6 AGL 4 DEX 5/4 FGT 9/7 INT 2 AWE 4 PRE 0

Powers: 56 Points

-Quickness 2, Speed 4.

SPARTAN II Augmentations: 20 points.
    -Carbide Ceramic Ossification: Immunity 20 (Very Common Descriptor: Bludgeoning) (Flaws: Limited – Half Effect), Carbide Ceramic Ossification: Protection 2, Catalytic Thyroid Implant: Growth 2 (Extras: Innate, Flaws: Permeant),
    -Occipital Capillary Reversal: Senses 3 (Acute Sight, Extended Sight 1 (x10) *, Low-Light Vision.

Device: MJOILNIR Powered Assault Armour: 30 (Removable – 7) points.
    -Restricted Users: SPARTANs only: Feature 1
    -AI Support Systems: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Dexterity +1 (+5), Fighting +1 (+9), Advantages: Evasion, Flaws: Limited – Only with an AI onboard.
    -Automatic Bio-foam Injectors: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Stamina +1 (+7).
    -Energy Shield: Protection 4 (Extras: Sustained, Flaws: Fades.
    -Helmet Systems: Immunity 2 (Suffocation: Limited Internal Air Supply, Suffocation: Toxic Atmosphere.
    -Helmet Systems: Senses 9 (Acute Detect, Detect Neural Interface/Motion Tracker 2: ranged, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended Sight 1 (x10) (NOTE: stacks for (x100) with *), Radio, Time Sense.
    -Hydrostatic Gel & Pressure Seal: Immunity 4 (Environmental Conditions: Cold, Heat, High Pressure, Vacuum).
    -Polymerized Lithium Nibocene Layer & Force-Multiplying Circuits: Enhanced Trait 6 (Traits: Strength +1 (+7), Fighting +1 (+8), Agility +1 (+5), Flaws: Permanent.
    -Titanium Alloy Outer Shell, Bodysuit & Hydrostatic Gel: Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious [3 extra ranks [Impervious 6]].

Equipment: 5 Points

PDA: Cell Phone (Smartphone), Commlink, Standard Weapons: (Assault Rifle, Heavy Pistol, Fragmentation Grenades (x2), Knife).

Advantages: 34 Points

Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit, Ambidexterity, Benefits, Status 1: SPARTAN II, Close Attack 2, Diehard, Favoured Foe: The Covenant, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown 1, Teamwork, Minion 5 (see: Smart A.I), Equipment 5, Languages 1 (Base: English, Extras: Spartan Sign Language/Speech).
    (AI Support Systems: Evasion 1).

Skills: 13 Points

Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics 4 (+11), Close Combat 0 (+8), Deception 0 (+0), Expertise 6: SPARTAN/UNSC Military (+8), Insight 2 (+6), Intimidation 0 (+1), Investigation 0 (-), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 0 (+0), Ranged Combat 0 (+5), Sleight of Hand 0 (-), Stealth 2 (+5), Technology 2 (+4), Treatment 2 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+7).

Offensive:

Initiative +13, Assault Rifle, +11 (DC 20) (Ballistic / Multiattack, Crit 20), Heavy Pistol, +11 (DC 19) (Ballistic, Crit 20), Fragmentation Grenade, +9 (DC Dodge 15), Grab, +11 (DC Spec. 17) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20), Knife, +11 (DC 23) (Piercing, Crit 19-20), Throw, +9 (DC 22) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20).

Defensive: 10 Points

Dodge 4 (8), Parry 2 (10), Fortitude 2 (9), Toughness 16 (Impervious 6), Will 2 (6)

Points Total: Abilities 58 + Powers 56 + Advantages 34 + Skills 13 + Defenses 10 = 171

Complications:

Fame: It’s a Spartan! – Spartans are famous throughout the UNSC – and the Covenant – for their actions throughout the Human/Covenant war; living legends to the people around them – for better, or for worse.
    Motivation: Patriotism, Responsibility: The UNSC – SPARTAN II’s were almost born to serve the UNSC and its people, and, though many reach great heights in the UNSC hierarchy, they are all still, in a sense, UNSC property: weapons in the war for humanity’s survival.
    Relationship – SPARTAN II’s have a deep relationship with both each-other, and certain members of the greater UNSC – Doctor Halsey, in particular, though others stand out as well.

Smart A.I (Template) PL: 6, pp: 70 (Minion Rank: 5).
    Abilities: -6 Points
    STR - STA - AGL - DEX 0 FGT 0 INT 8 AWE 2 PRE 2
    Powers: 46 Points
    Artificial Intelligence: Quickness 8 (Flaws: Limited to One Type: Mental). 4 points.
    Artificial Nature: 42 points.
    Artificial Intelligence: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal) (Flaws: Permanent, Side Effect 2: always – Tied to Physical Container).
    Artificial Being: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects).

Equipment: 0 Points
    None
    Advantages: 6 Points
    Assessment, Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Jack-of-all-trades, Speed of Thought, Well-informed.
    Skills: 20 Points
    Deception 4 (+6), Expertise 8: Smart A.I Speciality (+16), Insight 4 (+6), Investigation 4 (+12), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6), Technology 4 (+12), Treatment 4 (+12), Vehicles 4 (+4).
    Offensive:
    Initiative +8.
    Defensive: 4 Points
    Dodge (none), Parry – (0), Fortitude – (Immune), Toughness 0 (0), Will 4 (6)
    Points Total: Abilities -6 + Powers 46 + Advantages 6 + Skills 20 + Defences 4 = 70
    Complications:
    Motivation: Responsibility: The UNSC
    Quirk: A.I: A.I, unless controlling some sort of machine/device, cannot interact with the world, being, obviously, sentient data. A.I also suffer from what is commonly referred to as “Rampancy”, where-in an A.I, after a period of, typically, seven years, starts to run out of space to grow and learn and eventually starts to “think themselves to death.”. Most A.I are decommissioned before this happens.

Comment

> But anyway, 35 views so far, for this just mangle of a paragraph; it's pretty cool. Thanks guys.
      You and the mods have worked together to post a fairly interesting take on the Invisible Woman, I'm surprised you don't have more views than this.
      I guess a lot of people just haven't seen it yet.

Comment

And my first reply! Thank you!
        Yeah, I know. Actually, no I don't - how long does it normally take for a mod to check a post on the forum?
        Or is this a case where I read things wrong, and the message I got was actually to tell me that the website that devoured my post. Hmm.

Comment

I have no clue how long the system itself takes. The one time it happened to me back when I joined the forum, it ate a pair of my posts for a few days. I PM'd a mod, Fildrigar, and they sorted it out quite quickly but it apparently required action on their part to resolve.

Comment

...Huh.
            Well, I'm gonna leave it for a little bit longer, and, if nothings come up in an hour or so, I'll message a mod about it.
            ... On a completely unrelated note, how do you, if you need to, message a mod?

Comment

Standard PM worked in my case. Click their username to pull open their profle, and right under their avatar or lack thereof there's the "Send Private Message" link. Mods for each subforum are listed a bit under the thread listing for that subforum.

Comment

Look. When you have an account with very few posts, you come under additional scruitiny from the Spam Scruitinizer Ray. Especially when you're posting pictures that are links from other sites. ( Standard spammer tactics. )

There is no need to PM a mod when this happens. Just be patient and wait.
                ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Bugger. Sorry 'bout that - I didn't know.
                  Anyway, on with the show!

Comment

SPARTAN III's

“Make the units better with new technology. Make more of them. And make them cheaper.”

Continuing on from the Spartan II's, the three's are really what just been said above; the new iteration of the SPARTAN program. Again, while the general age and wide-spreadiness of the franchise means that I the general backstory and abilities of a Spartan should be easy to understand, the III's don't get nearly as much play in the games, showing up largely (excluding Halo:Reach) in the books and backstory. They arise out of efforts made a few years after the SPARTAN II program, out of a need for more of these super-soldiers in a war that has gone from bad to worse: more about the magnitude of the loss, as apposed to any chance of victory. Learning from the success's, and failures, of the previous program, the Spartan III's are, well, as stated, cheaper to make, with less chance of horrible death and disfigurement, and with many more available candidates; the UNSC is practically able to - at least, in comparison to the SPARTAN II program - just churn these guys out. The fact that they're all orphans, recruited from worlds that the Covenant has glassed into oblivion doesn't hurt either.

Unfortunately, given the state of the war at this point, almost all Spartan III's end up getting sent on suicide missions, with even the complete loss of every Spartan involved being marked as a military success, simply due to the maginitude of these missions undertakings; "Trading lives for time," as I think the line is from the book (Ghosts of Onyx, for anyone interested: its good reading, and a good audiobook, too). In fact, these horrific losses end up prompting one of the survivors to secretly introduce another piece of augmentations into the next group of Spartans, after his group ends up getting just smoked in battle: Gamma company, under his care, ends up getting some improvements that increase their resistance to shock and battlefield fatigue, making and them tougher and stronger, though at the cost of causing mental problems, which have to be managed with medication. In addition, none of the Spartan III's, barring a few exceptions, get access to MJOILNIR armour - they get SPI armour instead (Semi-Powered-Infiltration Armour); cause it doesn't cost a fortune to make, though it's, unexpectedly, not nearly as good as the previous suit, even with the limited camouflage ability.

(As a side note: When I originally did the write-up for the Spartan III's, they were originally much weaker in turns of their stats; I'd always assumed the whole 'make them cheaper' thing meant they were, well, worse than the II's - I'd completely ignored the preceding bits. They're actually, after a bit of research, on par with the II's - or near about's. It's that damn armour that really widens the gap.)

Spartan III (“Typical”) PL: 11, pp: 146

Abilities: 64 points.

STR 5 STA 5 AGL 4 DEX 4 FGT 8 INT 2 AWE 4 PRE 0

Powers: 34 points.

-Quickness 2, Speed 4

SPARTAN III Augmentations: 14 points.
                    -88947-OP24 - "Retina-Inversion Stabilizer" Drug: Senses 2 (Acute Sight, Low-light Vision)
                    -8942-LQ99 - "Carbide Ceramic Ossification Catalyst" Drug: Immunity 20 (Very Common Descriptor: Bludgeoning)
                    -8942-LQ99 - "Carbide Ceramic Ossification Catalyst" Drug: Protection 2

Device: Semi-Powered Infiltration Armour: 14 (Removable -3) points
                    -Enclosed Helmet & Oxygen: Immunity 3 (Environmental Condition: Vacuum, Suffocation: Limited Air Supply)
                    -Hardened Plate & Liquid Nanocrystals: Protection 4
                    -HUD & Helmet Systems: Senses 9 (Acute Detect, Detect: Neural Interface/Motion Tracker 2 (ranged), Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended Sight 2 (x100), Radio, Time Sense
                    -Photo-Reactive Panels & Cooling Systems: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses) (Flaws: Blending, Partial)

Equipment: 5 points.

PDA (Cell Phone (Smartphone)), Commlink, Standard Weapons: Assault Rifle, Heavy Pistol, Fragmentation Grenade x2, Knife

Advantages: 27 points.

Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit: Ambidexterity, Benefit: Status (SPARTAN III), Close Attack 2, Favoured Foe: The Covenant, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown 1, Teamwork, Equipment 5

Skills: 13 points
                    Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 4 (+9), Expertise 6 (+8): SPARTAN III/UNSC Military, Insight 2 (+6), Perception 4 (+8), Stealth 2 (+6), Technology 2 (+4), Treatment 2 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+6)

Offensive:

Initiative +12, Assault Rifle, +10 (DC 20) (Ballistic/Multiattack, Crit 20), Heavy Pistol, +10 (DC 19) (Ballistic, Crit 20), Frag Grenade, +8 (DC Dodge 15), Grab, +10 (DC Spec. 15) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20), Knife, +10 (DC 21) (Piercing, Crit 19-20), Throw, +8 (DC 20) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20), Unarmed, +10 (DC 20) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20)

Defensive: 8 points.

Dodge 2 (6), Parry 2 (10), Fortitude 2 (7), Toughness 11, Will 2 (6)

Total Points: Abilities 64 + Powers 34 + Advantages 27 + Skills 13 + Defenses 8 = 146

Complications:

Hatred: The Covenant: The SPARTAN III’s are all recruited from worlds that have been destroyed by the Covenant; children made orphans by their campaign of glassing UNSC colonies, which, while giving them something no Spartan II ever really had – motivation – it also fills them with a lot of anger, too.
                    Motivation: Patriotism, Responsibility: The UNSC – SPARTAN III’s serve the UNSC and its people, and, though many reach great heights in the UNSC hierarchy, they are all still, in a sense, UNSC property: weapons in the war for humanity’s survival.
                    Relationship – SPARTAN III’s have a deep relationship with both each-other, and certain members of the greater UNSC.
                    Quirk: Expendable: Despite all the modern miracles that go into making a SPARTAN III, they are, almost to a one, considered expendable; continually sent on suicide missions to buy time for the larger UNSC in the desperate struggle against the Covenant.

Spartan III (“Typical” Gamma Company) PL: 12, pp: 150

Abilities: 64 points

STR 5 STA 5 AGL 4 DEX 4 FGT 8 INT 2 AWE 4 PRE 0

Powers: 38 points

Enhanced Mobility & Reflexes: 6 points
                    -Quickness 2, Speed 4

SPARTAN III Augmentations: 18 points
                    -009762-OO - Neural-Altering Non-Carcinogenic Mutagen: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Will +2 (+8), Toughness +2 (+13)
                    -88947-OP24 - "Retina-Inversion Stabilizer" Drug: Senses 2 (Acute Sight, Low-light Vision)
                    -8942-LQ99 - "Carbide Ceramic Ossification Catalyst" Drug: Immunity 20 (Very Common Descriptor: Bludgeoning)
                    -8942-LQ99 - "Carbide Ceramic Ossification Catalyst" Drug: Protection 2

Device: Semi-Powered Infiltration Armour: 14 (Removable -3) points
                    -Enclosed Helmet & Oxygen: Immunity 3 (Environmental Condition: Vacuum, Suffocation: Limited Air Supply)
                    -Hardened Plate & Liquid Nanocrystals: Protection 4
                    -HUD & Helmet Systems: Senses 9 (Acute Detect, Detect: Neural Interface/Motion Tracker 2 (ranged), Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended Sight 2 (x100), Radio, Time Sense
                    -Photo-Reactive Panels & Cooling Systems: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses) (Flaws: Blending, Partial)

Equipment:

PDA (Cell Phone (Smartphone)), Commlink, Standard Weapons: Assault Rifle, Heavy Pistol, Fragmentation Grenade x2, Knife

Advantages: 27 points

Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit: Ambidexterity, Benefit: Status (SPARTAN III), Close Attack 2, Favoured Foe: The Covenant, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown 1, Teamwork, Equipment 5

Skills: 13 points

Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 4 (+9), Expertise 6 (+8): SPARTAN III/UNSC Military, Insight 2 (+6), Perception 4 (+8), Stealth 2 (+6), Technology 2 (+4), Treatment 2 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+6)

Offensive:

Initiative +12, Assault Rifle, +10 (DC 20) (Ballistic/Multiattack, Crit 20), Heavy Pistol, +10 (DC 19) (Ballistic, Crit 20), Frag Grenade, +8 (DC Dodge 15), Grab, +10 (DC Spec. 15) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20), Knife, +10 (DC 21) (Piercing, Crit 19-20), Throw, +8 (DC 20) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20), Unarmed, +10 (DC 20) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20)

Defensive: 8 points

Dodge 2 (6), Parry 2 (10), Fortitude 2 (7), Toughness 11, Will 2 (6)

Total Points: Abilities 64 + Powers 34 + Advantages 27 + Skills 13 + Defenses 8 = 146

Complications:

Hatred: The Covenant: The SPARTAN III’s are all recruited from worlds that have been destroyed by the Covenant; children made orphans by their campaign of glassing UNSC colonies, which, while giving them something no Spartan II ever really had – motivation – it also fills them with a lot of anger, too.
                    Motivation: Patriotism, Responsibility: The UNSC – SPARTAN III’s serve the UNSC and its people, and, though many reach great heights in the UNSC hierarchy, they are all still, in a sense, UNSC property: weapons in the war for humanity’s survival.
                    Relationship – SPARTAN III’s have a deep relationship with both each-other, and certain members of the greater UNSC.
                    Quirk: Expendable: Despite all the modern miracles that go into making a SPARTAN III, they are, almost to a one, considered expendable; continually sent on suicide missions to buy time for the larger UNSC in the desperate struggle against the Covenant.
                    Quirk: Smoothers: As a side-effect of the extra augmentations Gamma company received, members need regular dosages of medication (“Smoothers”, as they’re nick-named), to bottle the aggression and psychosis the augmentations leave them with.
                    Last edited by Mister CD; 04-04-2018, 05:17 AM.

Comment

SPARTAN I & IV's

Alright, I was considering doing the other two Spartan groups, but ... well, either group has reasons for making me not want to go through with the write-up. Now that I've said that, though, I know I'm going to end up doing a write-up for these guys at some point in the future, but for now, I'll leave this space as is, and come back to it later.

SPARTAN 1's - also known as members of the ORION project - are the first major attempt by the UNSC to create super-soldiers for military use. Originally it was done as part of the ORION project, but later, as the SPARTAN program got started up, they were grandfathered in as the Spartan I's to Halsey's Spartan II's. The main reason I have for not doing them is that, despite their abilities, they are functionally the weakest of the whole series (besides the IV's, though we'll get into that in a bit), and they don't have any special abilities or equipment to go with, either. Really, you could just take a generic "Elite Soldier" build, slap on an extra rank or two onto their abilities, and give them the "Enhanced Mobility and Reflexes" that the II's and III's have, and call it quits.

As to their history, the 1's, as stated, were the first major attempt to create super-soldiers by the UNSC (you think, being about 500 years in the future, they would've got onto that a while ago, but whatever), chosen from volunteers within various branches of the UNSC and ONI; the ultimate product, while successful, wasn't as ground-braking as expected, and way over-costed for what they got - especially in regards to the later programs - and the program was eventually quietly decommissioned, and the 1's returned to their various branches of the military. Many of the 1's also suffered from long-term mental and physical problems as the years went on - which was explained away (both the problems and the wider augmentations) by ONI to the rest of the UNSC as regular service men and women suffering the affects of the fictitious "Borens Syndrome". The Orion project would later be looked on as a "proof-of-concept" by the people working on the follow SPARTAN programs.

On a side note, as you may have seen above, Sargeant Johnson - the real main character of the Halo series - was a member of the program; which helps explain some of the man's incredible feats over his career. Though, strangely enough, I don't think this is ever actually brought up in-game - it's only in the books, I think. It's like how Star Wars has entire series of books devoted to bit-characters in the main movies; Sargeant Johnson has his own book and everything, and this expansive backstory, but not a god-damn word of it ever comes up in game: he's just a tough s.o.b in the main cannon.

The Spartan IV's, on the other hand, come under a different umbrella when it comes to "why I haven't bothered to put any work into writing them up".
                      I just haven't really played the new games - I've done bits and pieces, here-and-there, but I've never really felt the need to go and play the new ones: the main trilogy (and ODST and Reach) were all I needed. (And, not to get into a debate, but, from what I played of the new ones, I wasn't really driven to come back and play and more of them, either). Though, as I said before, I'll probably come back and write them up at a later date.

As for what the Spartan IV's are, they're a mix of all the previous programs, really: consenting volunteers (the 1's) being pumped full of miracles (like the II's and III's), made cheaper and more numerous by advances in technology and medicine (like the III's, compared to the II's). They're not as impressive as the II's and III's in terms of their augmentations (I'd put them somewhere between the 1's and III's, from the research I've done. The main advantage they have however, is their armour: MJOLNIR, gen. 2. It's an improvement in every way over the previous generation, to the point that a Spartan IV in gen 2 is on par with a Spartan II in gen 1. That's the main thing I'll have to write up, really, but again, that's for somewhere in the future.

_________

And, now that that's done, lets move onto some completely different...
                      Last edited by Mister CD; 05-10-2018, 05:52 AM.

Comment

... Damn, that took a while. Anyway, I'd like to introduce the next thing on the menu - well, I'd like to, but, well, I think I'll leave this up to somewhere that's go this down pat -

"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war I shall forge them. They shall be of iron will and steely sinew. In great armour I shall clad them and with the mightiest weapons shall they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight them. They shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines ..."

"... and they shall know no fear."

Space Marines of The Adeptus Astartes

... Holy crap. Alright, stuff to go over before we get started, 1: There's a lot of stuff here to unpack - I'm not going to go over and explained in depth the long-winded history of the Adeptus Astartes, and every single augmentation and ability a space marine has/can do; for that, go here http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Marines, BUT, for a really short (and simplified) answer, you can go with this:

In the grim-darkness of the ~30th millennium (I don't know, G-Dubs has always been kind of vague on when this got started (which I suppose is a good thing, really)), The Emperor, seeing the state of the universe at the time, with humanity spread out and scattered throughout the galaxy, suffering through the darkness and barbarism of Long Night, decided that now would be the perfect time for him to emerge, and guide humanity to their future as masters of the universe. Knowing that the threats to humanity along the way would be far beyond what even the mightiest mortal could ever withstand, the God-Emperor decided to create 20 Primarchs - near-children created from his own blood, made to be the generals in humanities greatest armies - and from them in turn, the Space Marine's, biologically augmented humans, given abilities far beyond those of mortal men.

Now, in the grim-darkness of the 41st millennium, after all that above went totally a%@ over t&!@ - because that's just the warhammer 40k universe rolls - the Space Marines still stand as humanities mightiest warriors, and stalwart defenders of the Imperium of Man, and all its citizens.

... that, is a really truncated blurb of events ... stuff, that 40k's all about. Again, go to the link above for more, because there's a lot to tell, and a lot of its a bit complicated, and retcons and it's late, or it's early, or it's whatever it has to be for me to get out of right a ten page report on the intricacies of these plastic men.

The below is meant to represent the "typical" Space Marine - a tactical marine - both in terms of ability and in terms of where I looked to in the grand and sprawling, multi-writer lore and universe that is the 40k universe. As with the Spartans before him, your Space Marine will vary - both by the individual and by the Chapter. Also god-damn this guy ended up being about as much as a member of the freedom league - I tried a couple of times to change that, but he either ended up being way too weak, or just not right.

Space Marine (Tactical) “Typical” PL: 12 pp: 212

Abilities: 62 points

STR 8/7 STA 9/8 AGL 3 DEX 4 FGT 8 INT 1 AWE 3 PRE 1

Powers: 86 points

Post-Human Dread: 6 points
                        -Quickness 2, Speed 4

“They Shall Be My Finest Warriors …”: 24 points
                        -Occulobe (The Eye of Vengeance) & Neuroglottis (The Devourer): Senses 7 (Acute Sight, Smell & Taste, Extended 1 Sight (x10) ***, Smell, Low-light Vision)
                        -Ossmodula (The Ironheart) & Boscopea (The Forge of Strength): Growth 2 (Extras: Innate, Flaws: Permanent)
                        -Secondary Heart, Catalepsean Node, Multi-lung, Melanochrome & Lyman’s Ear: Immunity 13 (Critical Hits, Damage Effect: Sound/Sonic*, Disease*, Environmental Condition: Radiation, Poison*, Sleep, Suffocation: Drowning,
                        Toxic Atmosphere) (Flaws: Limited – Half Effect (Partial 7) *)
                        -The Black Carapace (Interface): Protection 2 (Extras: Feature 1 (Link with Power Armour)

Gifts of The Geneseed (Array): 10 points (6 Points Maximun **)
                        -Betcher’s Gland (The Poison Bite): Damage 3 (Extras: Reach (ranged): 5 ft) **
                        -Betcher’s Gland (The Poison Bite): Weaken 3 (Affects Stamina, Resisted by: Fortitude) (Extras: Affects Objects)
                        -Omophagea (The Remembrancer): Senses 2 (Postcognition (Limited): What Target Knew in Life) (Flaws: Source: Target(s) Flesh)
                        -Oolitic Kidney (The Purifier): Immunity 2: Disease, Poison (Flaws: Limited: Ingested Food & Drink only, Side-Effect 2: Unconscious During)
                        -Sus-an Membrane & Mucranoid: Immunity 11 (Aging, Disease, Environmental Conditions (All), Poison, Starvation & Thirst, Suffocation (All) (Flaws: Side-Effect 2: Incapacitated During)

Device: Space Marine/Astarte’s-Pattern Bolter: 12 (Easily Removable -8) points
                        -Boltgun Burst: Damage 7 (Extras: Improved Range 1, Penetrating 2, Secondary Effect (6 Ranks), Flaws: Limited – Secondary Effects: Only on a Critical Hit (3 Ranks) (New Advantages: Improved Critical 1 (Boltgun Burst)

Device: Space Marine/Astarte’s-Pattern Power Armour: 36 (Removable -9) points
                        -Adamantium and Plasteel Plates, Encased in a Ceramite Ablative Layer: Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious (10 Ranks)
                        -Autosenses: Immunity 5 (Sensory Affliction Effects) (Flaws: Limited – Half Effects, Limited – Sight Only), Autosenses: Senses 10 (Accurate Sight, Acute Hearing, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended 1 (Sight) (Stacks with *** (x100)), Infravision, Rapid 1 Sight, Time Sense, Ultravision
                        -Life Support Systems, Life-Signs Monitor & Chemical Injector: Regeneration 1 (Flaws: Unreliable (5 uses)
                        -Life Support Systems, Life-Signs Monitor & Temperature Regulator: Immunity 8 (Disease, Environmental Condition: Heat, Cold, High Pressure, Vacuum, Suffocation: Limited Air Supply)
                        -Magnetic Greaves, Made with a Micropore Adherent Compound: Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation: Slick Environment, Zero-G)
                        -Muscle-Fibre Bundles, Actuators & Chem. Injectors: Enhanced Trait 3 (Strength +1, Stamina +1, Acrobatics -2)
                        -Restricted – Possessors of The Black Carapace: Feature 1
                        -Suit Systems (Array) (5 points (3 point maximum **)
                        --Backpack Flight Systems: Flight 2 (Flaws: Limited – Space Only)
                        --Deafening Cry: Perception Area Affliction 4 (1st Degree (Dazed, Impaired), 2nd Degree (Stunned, Disabled) (Resisted by Fortitude) (Extras: Extra Condition 1, Area (Perception – Hearing), Flaws: Instant
                        Recovery, Limited Degree 1, Limited – Impaired & Disabled: Hearing Only (2 ranks) **

--Voice Amplification: Feature 1

Equipment: 7 points (33 EP)

Commlink, Wargear: Astarte’s-Pattern Combat Knife (Sword), Fragmentation Grenade, Krak Grenades (Plastic Explosive)

Advantages: 36 points

All-Out Attack, Benefit, Ambidexterity, Benefit, Status (Adeptus Astartes), Close Attack 2, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown 1, Teamwork, Tracking, Trance, Ultimate Effort: Toughness, Will, Equipment 7, Improved Critical: Boltgun Burst: Damage 7 Languages 1 (Base: High/Low Gothic, Extras: Astarte’s Battle Language)

Skills: 16 points (32 ranks)

Acrobatics 2 (+3/+5), Athletics 4 (+12), Close Combat 2 (+10) Astarte’s-Pattern Combat Knife, Close Combat 2 (+10) Unarmed, Expertise 6 (+7), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 2 (+4), Perception 4 (+7), Ranged Combat 2 (+6) Boltgun Burst, Stealth 2 (+3), Technology 2 (+3), Treatment 2 (+3)

Offensive:

Initiative +11, Astarte’s-Pattern Combat Knife, +12 (DC 26) (Slashing, Crit 19-20), Betcher’s Gland (The Poison Bite): Damage 3, +8 (DC18) (Crit 20), Betcher’s Gland (The Poison Bite): Weaken 3, +10 (DC Fort 13) (Crit 20), Boltgun Burst: Damage 7, +10 (DC 22) (Crit 19-20), Deafening Cry: Perception Area Affliction 4 (DC Fort 14) (Crit 20), Fragmentation Grenade, +8 (DC Dog 15) (Crit 20), Grab, +10 (DC Spec 18) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20), Krak Grenades (DC Dog 20) (Crit 20), Throw, +8 (DC 23) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20), Unarmed, +12 (DC 23) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20)

Defensive: 10 points

Dodge 2 (4), Parry 2 (9), Fortitude 2 (11), Toughness (14) (Impervious 10), Will 4 (7)

Total Abilities 62 + Powers 88 + Advantages 36 + Skills 16 + Defenses 10 = 210

Complications:
                        Fame: The Space Marines of The Adeptus Astartes are considered legend by many; the angels of death, and warriors of the God-Emperor. They are known everywhere they go.
                        Motivation: For The Emperor! Space Marines live to serve The Emperor and the Imperium, their every thought turned towards its protection. They live to serve.
                        Motivation: For the Chapter! Space Marine Chapters are often insular, with strange quirks and rituals of their own; secrets and taboos that must be kept.
                        Quirk: The Geneseed – the augmentations that make a Space Marine what he is – varies between chapters, often with mutations to the basic structure and nature of the augmentations, with a variety of results. In addition, the geneseed is what allows Space Marines to make more of themselves, and it is of paramount importance that they are protected – and recovered should they be lost.
                        Last edited by Mister CD; 05-27-2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Scout Marines (of The Adeptus Astartes)

"I sense danger... we will root it out."

And here we have the humble scout marine. Alright, not so humble, but you get the idea.
                          After an initiate has past the almost always grueling tests and tribulations to even be considered for membership within The Emperor's Adeptus Astartes, and they have been successfully augmented with (almost) all their augmentations, then, and only then, are they admitted into the ranks of their chapter, and given the title of "scout". They serve as, well, the scouts for the rest of a Space Marine force, providing information and support to the main Space Marine line. After a time at this, when it has been decided that a scout has grown accustomed with their augmented body, and gained the necessary battlefield experience, the scout marine will receive their final augmentation, the Black Carapace, which, in addition to further armoring a Marines form, also allows a Space Marine to interface with their armour, which, after the augmentations are finished, will be given to the Scout Marine as he continues his service to the chapter, and to the wider Imperium.

There's a hell of a lot more after that; it isn't just straight from here to Tactical Marine, but that's the gist of it. Often scouts are given specialist wargear and equipment, to let them better perform their designated role and mission on the battlefield, but this should be considered the 'typical' for most Scout Marines. (again, I'll add the specialist equipment to the ever-expanding list of things I need to do).

Also, the point-cost; much more reasonable on this one - aside from a few downgrades when it comes to various abilities and skills (which are pretty much all just one-point shifts), it's the Armour that changes it the most (though that's to be expected.

Space Marine (Scout) “Typical” PL: 10 pp: 156

Abilities: 50 points

STR 6 STA 7 AGL 3 DEX 3 FGT 6 INT 1 AWE 2 PRE 1

Powers: 47 points

Post-Human Dread: 6 points
                          Quickness 2, Speed 4

“They Shall Be My Finest Warriors …”: 21 points
                          -Occulobe (The Eye of Vengeance) & Neuroglottis (The Devourer): Senses 7 (Acute Sight, Smell & Taste, Extended 1 Sight (x10), Smell, Low-light Vision)
                          -Ossmodula (The Ironheart) & Boscopea (The Forge of Strength): Growth 2 (Extras: Innate, Flaws: Permanent)
                          -Secondary Heart, Catalepsean Node, Multi-lung, Melanochrome & Lyman’s Ear: Immunity 13 (Critical Hits, Damage Effect: Sound/Sonic*, Disease*, Environmental Condition: Radiation, Poison*, Sleep, Suffocation: Drowning, Toxic Atmosphere) (Flaws: Limited – Half Effect (Partial 7) *)

Gifts of The Geneseed (Array): 10 points (6 Points Maximun **)
                          -Betcher’s Gland (The Poison Bite): Damage 3 (Extras: Reach (ranged): 5 ft) **
                          -Betcher’s Gland (The Poison Bite): Weaken 3 (Affects Stamina, Resisted by: Fortitude) (Extras: Affects Objects)
                          -Omophagea (The Remembrancer): Senses 2 (Postcognition (Limited): What Target Knew in Life) (Flaws: Source: Target(s) Flesh)
                          -Oolitic Kidney (The Purifier): Immunity 2: Disease, Poison (Flaws: Limited: Ingested Food & Drink only, Side-Effect 2: Unconscious During)
                          -Sus-an Membrane & Mucranoid: Immunity 11 (Aging, Disease, Environmental Conditions (All), Poison, Starvation & Thirst, Suffocation (All) (Flaws: Side-Effect 2: Incapacitated During)

Device: Space Marine/Astarte’s-Pattern Bolter: 12 (Easily Removable -8) points
                          -Boltgun Burst: Damage 7 (Extras: Improved Range 1, Penetrating 2, Secondary Effect (6 Ranks), Flaws: Limited – Secondary Effects: Only on a Critical Hit (3 Ranks) (New Advantages: Improved Critical 1 (Boltgun Burst)

Equipment: 8 points (36 EP)

Carapace Armour (Bulletproof Vest), Commlink, Wargear: Astartes-Pattern Combat Knife (Sword), Fragmentation Grenades, Krack Grenades (Plastic Explosives).

Advantages: 33 points

All-Out Attack, Benefit: Ambidexterity, Benefit, Status (Adeptus Astartes), Close Attack 2, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown 1, Teamwork, Tracking, Trance, Ultimate Effort: Toughness, Will, Equipment 8, Improved Critical: Boltgun Burst: Damage 7, Languages 1 (Base: High/Low Gothic, Extras: Astarte’s Battle Language)

Skills: 14 points (28 ranks)

Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 4 (+10), Close Combat 2 (+8) Astarte’s-Pattern Combat Knife, Close Combat 2 (+8) Unarmed, Expertise 4 (+5) Adeptus Astartes, Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 2 (+4), Perception 4 (+6), Ranged Combat 2 (+5) Boltgun Burst, Stealth 2 (+3), Technology 2 (+3), Treatment 2 (+3)

Offensive:

Initiative +11, Astarte’s-Pattern Combat Knife, +10 (DC 24) (Slashing, Crit 19-20), Betcher’s Gland (The Poison Bite): Damage 3, +5 (DC18) (Crit 20), Betcher’s Gland (The Poison Bite): Weaken 3, +8 (DC Fort 13) (Crit 20), Boltgun Burst: Damage 7, +7 (DC 22) (Crit 19-20), Fragmentation Grenade, +5 (DC Dog 15) (Crit 20), Grab, +8 (DC Spec 16) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20), Krak Grenades (DC Dog 20) (Crit 20), Throw, +5 (DC 21) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20), Unarmed, +10 (DC 21) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20)

Defensive: 10 points

Dodge 2 (4), Parry 2 (7), Fortitude 2 (9), Toughness (11), Will 4 (6)

Total Abilities 50 + Powers 49 + Advantages 33 + Skills 14 + Defenses 10 = 154

Complications:
                          Fame: The Space Marines of The Adeptus Astartes are considered legend by many; the angels of death, and warriors of the God-Emperor. They are known everywhere they go.
                          Motivation: For The Emperor! Space Marines live to serve The Emperor and the Imperium, their every thought turned towards its protection. They live to serve.
                          Motivation: For the Chapter! Space Marine Chapters are often insular, with strange quirks and rituals of their own; secrets and taboos that must be kept.
                          Quirk: The Geneseed – the augmentations that make a Space Marine what he is – varies between chapters, often with mutations to the basic structure and nature of the augmentations, with a variety of results. In addition, the geneseed is what allows Space Marines to make more of themselves, and it is of paramount importance that they are protected – and recovered should they be lost.
                          Quirk: New Blood – while scout marines are still titans amongst mortal men, their lack of experience – both on the battlefield, and with their augmented bodies – can cause them problems from time to time.
                          Last edited by Mister CD; 05-10-2018, 05:59 AM.

Comment

SENATOR ARMSTRONG

(Also, spoiler-warning for MGR: Revengeance ahead, if you couldn't guess).

"A nation of ACTION, not words. Ruled by STRENGTH, not committee."

... OK. ok. OK, I can do this. I can ... I can do this.

*Deep Breath In*
                            *Deep Breath Out*
                            *Deep Breath In*

Senator Armstrong is the final villain of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and may well be one of the greatest villains in any game ever - he's certainly one of my favorites, at the very least. It's just ... he's got the cool name, and the hair, and the look, and the, and the, and the face - just look at his face! Just look at this S&^%-eating grin, and tell me that that man isn't destined for greatness.

I'm not going to go-over the the deep intricacies of the Revengeance storyline, but, when Armstrong shows up at the end of the game as the final boss, it threw a lot of people for a loop. It's just ... just, just go look up the final cutscenes of the game, and you'll know what I'm talking about - or better yet, go out and PLAY the game for yourself if you haven't yet. Seriously, it's bloody fantastic, and Metal Gear through-and-through, even with the change in genre. It's great. Really.

Anyway; Armstrong. As apposed to most of the villains in the game - or most of the characters, really - Armstrong isn't technically a cyborg. Well, no, he is, but not NEARLY to the level of the rest of the cast. Dude only has a cybernetic heart, but it's enough for him to be able to just stomp Raiden into the dirt (well, Metal-Gear armour) at the end of the game, and it's only by Raiden bringing in a ringer at the last moment, and figuring out Armstrong's weakness, that he's able to finally put the madman down. As apposed to most of the of the cast, who are pretty much full-conversion cyborgs (with most of them being just a head and spinal column), Armstrong instead is just fit to burst with Nan - nano - nan - oh, oh no, oh nan-nooooooooOOOOOOOOOMACHINES, SON! THEY HARDEN IN RESPONSE TO PHYSICAAAAAaaal-!

*Cough-cough*

Ahem, Armstrong body is filled with nanomachines, which gives him his incredible abilities. It ends up being a quiet a twist in the end, really (as well as being the originator of many memes), as most of the game has been spent talking about how Cyborgs are the new hot s&^% in town, only for the end boss to swerve on you with how he gets his incredible powers. (I remember in the art book how, when talking about Armstrong abilities, they wanted to show that a combination of man and machine, via someone who's body is filled and enhanced by nanomachines, could be more powerful than someone who has replaced themselves via cyborg enhancements).

Aside from that, though, Armstrong is the same sort of insane Metal Gear villain that we've come to expect from the series. Probably one of the most powerful in the whole series, too, though Revengeance on the whole is a general step in in terms of power-level for the rest of Metal Gear in general, though. He punches, he takes punches (takes a whole lot of punches, and at power-level 12, and with his immunities, he just keeps on coming. There isn't really much else to say.

... Well, there may be one more thing to say.

Senator Armstrong PL: 12 pp: 180

Abilities: 38 points

STR 10/4 STA 6/4 AGL 1 DEX 1 FGT 6 INT 1 AWE 1 PRE 1

Powers: 86 points

NANOMACHINES, SON: 68 points
                            -NANOMACHINES, SON: Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Strength +6 (+10), Stamina +2 (+6)
                            -NANOMACHINES, SON: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness) (Advantages: Improved Defence, Improved Disarm, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break)
                            -They Harden in Response to Physical Trauma! : Immunity 60 (Very Common Descriptors: Bludgeoning, Slashing, Piercing) (Flaws: Limited – Half Effect) (Notes: You Can’t Hurt Me, Jack!)

NANOMACHINES, SON (Alternate Effects off of Strength): 5 points
                            -Ground Burst: Burst Area Damage 10 (Extras: Burst Area 1, Flaws: Activation 2: standard action, Distracting, Quirk 1: Visible Lines on The Ground)
                            -Ground Rift: Line Area Damage 8 (Extras: Line Area 1, Triggered 1 (One Uses, one round after all lines have been put down, Flaws: Activation 1: move action, Limited 1: Armstrong & Target(s) must be on the same surface)
                            -I Used to Play College Ball! : Enhanced Strength 2 (Advantages: Improvised Weapon 2, Throwing Mastery 4) (Flaws: Limited to Lifting)
                            -Monsooning It: Move Object 10 (Extras: Throwing Mastery 2, Accurate 2, Split 2 (3 targets), Flaws: Limited Material 1 (Metal Objects), Activation 1, Limited 1: Cannot Move While in Use)
                            -Nano-Healing: Healing 10 (Flaws: Limited 1 (Self Only), Quirk 1 (No-Regrowth))

Not One of Those Beltway Pansies! : 13 point Array (10 Point Maximum *)
                            -A Brick Wall: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Being Moved) (Flaws: Half-Effect)
                            -DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! : Extras: Multiattack (Applies to Strength Damage) *
                            -Gliding Across the Ground: Leaping 2, Speed 4
                            -Heavy Is the Head (That Bares the Nanomachines): Strength-based Damage 4 (Flaws: Grab-Based)

Equipment: 1 point (2 EP)

Cell Phone (Smartphone)

Advantages: 20 points

All-out Attack, Benefit 6 (Resources & Status (U.S Senator)), Close Attack 2, Connected, Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Takedown 1, Equipment 1, Improved Defence, Improved Disarm, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break

Skills: 20 points (40 Ranks)

Athletics 4 (+14), Close Combat 2 (+8): Not One of Those Beltway Pansies, Deception 2 (+3), Expertise 8 (+9): Business, Expertise 4 (+5): College Ball, Expertise 8 (+9): Government & Politics, Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation 2 (+3), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion 2 (+3), Ranged Combat 4 (+5): Throw

Offensive:

Initiative +1, Grab, +8 (DC Spec 20) (Bludgeon, Crit 20), Ground Burst: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25) (Crit 20), Ground Rift: Line Area Damage 10 (DC 25) (Crit 20), Heavy Is The Head: Strength-based Damage 4, +10 (DC 29) (Crit 20), Monsooning It: Move Object 10, +5 (DC 22) (Crit 20), Throw, +5 (DC 25) (Bludgeoning, Crit 20), Unarmed, +8 (DC 25) (Bludgeon, Crit 20)

Defensive: 16 points

Dodge 4 (5), Parry 4 (10), Fortitude 2 (8), Toughness (12), Will 6 (7)

Total Abilities 38 + Powers 86 + Advantages 20 + Skills 20 + Defenses 16 = 180

Complications:

Motivation: Patriotism(?) – Senator Armstrong wants to … uh … improve America by, um … uh – just, just go play Revengance, just go do that.
                            Quirk: Before using any of his powers, Armstrong needs to drain an incredible amount of energy from an energy source(s) (typically any surrounding electronics) to power his NANO – his nanomachines.
                            Temper: Yes.
                            Weakness: The nanomachINESnanomachines that give Armstrong his incredible toughness spread out from his heart first (starting from his heart, down to his arm to his hand, for example) The process is incredibly quick, but an even quicker opponent may be able to beat the nanomachines before they can harden an area, by-passing Armstrong’s Impervious Toughness – or even by-passing his enhanced toughness all-together.
                            Secret: Doesn’t write his own speeches. Is also involved in all sorts of nefarious things, is the head of World Marshal (which is also involved in all sorts of nefarious things), and is, generally, a bad dude.
                            Last edited by Mister CD; 05-02-2018, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Alright, enough with the Write-ups for pre-existing characters for a while: lets get some OC's in here.

PANKTRIA (Katrina Barberis)

(Out of Costume)

(Original Image/Image Source: O'Brien from 'Monkeyman and O'Brien')

(In Costume)

(Original Image/Image Source: Skorn from 'Skorn comics' by AHR Visions)

A relative new-comer to the whole super-hero business, Katrina's ('Panktria', as she calls herself) rise to resident vigilante of the neighborhood rose out of a desire to take a stand to the corrupt police force and self-secured criminal element of the city; originally starting as a bug-on-the-wall, following and photographing suspected criminals and their activities, before graduating to breaking-and-entering and general harassment/embarrassment of small time criminals in the area (a few well photographs here, sent in to the local tabloids, a few home-made tear-gas grenades there~). The jump to full masked vigilantism wasn't much of a stretch after that, and she had the talent for it beside. She's even already made a few friends in the business - local hero Mrs. Mighty in particular, or least that's how the tabloid's say it.

A naturally strong child, and pretty much standing head and shoulders over her peers for most of her life, and a tomboy through-and-through, Katrina got into pretty much every physical sport she was exposed to - lingering for the longest time, and still sticking around in, the areas of wrestling and general martial arts; her name itself was coined after the ancient Greek practice of Pankration - near no-holds wrestling, practised throughout the ancient Greek world. Add to that a discovered talent and love for free-running and general 'urban-exploration', and the young woman was well prepared for the late-night escapades of masked superheroics. She also, through a friend, ended up receiving a series of specially-made, electro-plating tattoos; something of a split-second decision from her, but she hasn't looked back on it since: they're mostly invisible when not in use (at least not till you get up-close), and everything from the way they light-up when she reflectively passes a small current through them, to how they really light up when she turns them into a ad-hoc, full-body taser, means that, if anything, she's probably going to get her friend to add to them as the years go in, or at least improve them.

Which might not be the best thing. Katrina has often had confidence issues growing up; everything from worrying that she might be too 'boyish' to hang out with the girls - or too 'girlish' to hang out with the boys - growing up through school, to worries about her own abilities and talents throughout the rest of her life, and now her enhancements have only exasperated that - or at the very least, let it display itself in a brand new way. She always knew that she could never measure up to the other bare-fisted superheroes out there, and now that she has these tattoos, she worries about being able to shape-up at all - that without them, she wouldn't be able to call herself a superhero, or even a hero at all. Which she keeps to herself, of course.

For now, though, Panktria serves the city as one of its stalwart defenders, and many love her for it, and look up to her as an example. She only hopes she can live up to that.

... wow, ok. That was hard to come up with, for some reason. Anyway; Panktria. PL 8, pp 120, she's a grappling goddess, or at least the start of one, able to drop anyone she gets her hands on, with a few extras on top for a bit of spice. You should be able to drop her in as needed into your games - either as a pre-gen, or another character in the cast. Role-play wise, she's meant to be the stereotypical, boisterous-bruiser (out of costume; she's probably the strong, 'I-can't-believe-I'm-doing-this-silent type when she's in it), though one less about punching people out, and more about pulling someones arm off at the socket, with some deep-seated worries about her own ability to perform for her to work through. Tough outer-shell, soft insides. To be perfectly honest, she probably considers the whole vigilante business, or at least her attempts at it, to be a little embarrassing - hell, she's probably worn the costume above about a half-dozen times at most, and mostly leaves it at camo-clothing and some padding (hence the camo-clothing in her costumes write-up, though you can switch that out when she's going all out on the production value. I imagine that, if she's the one that came up with her name, she had to write in anonymously to the local news so they could get it, as she's probably too nervous about the whole deal to really talk at all when out in costume - or at least give out her moniker.

Of note, the extra powers she has - the tazer-touch, and the half-immunity - are probably that would be something to expand on with access to some more pp's. Whether it's just her general growth as a character, or as evidence as her possible reliance on her enhancements over her natural ability, I'd probably expand the immunity, maybe add a few points of protection on top of it, and move the "Electro-Plating Tattoos: Affliction" from the rest of the martial-arts array to one of it's own, or even just a separate power of its own. Add a few AE's - a ranged affliction, and a ranged damage for good measure - and you'd probably be at PL 9/pp 135. But that'd be up for you to decide if she needed it.

Anyway, enjoy!

Panktria – Katrina Barberis PL: 8 pp: 120

Abilities: 40 points

STR 3 STA 4 AGL 2 DEX 1 FGT 5 INT 1 AWE 2 PRE 2

Powers: 24 points

Athletic Prowess: Movement 4 (Environmental Adaptation: Urban Environments, Safe Fall, Sure-footed 1, Wall-crawling 1: -1 Speed Rank) (Flaws: Limited – Safe Fall, Sure-footed 1, Wall-crawling 1 – Urban Environments Only (3 ranks only)).
                              Athletic Prowess: Speed 1.

Martial Mastery (and a Little Extra) (Array 15 (Maximum 10*))
                              -Crippling Strikes: Cumulative Affliction 6 (1st degree: Impaired, Dazed, 2nd degree: Disabled, Exhausted, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaws: Limited – Only Against a Grappled Opponent, Limited Degree (2 Degrees).
                              -Grappling Goddess (Strength Effect) *: (Extras: Reaction 3 – a close range attack missing Panktria OR Panktria putting a target in a grapple, Variable Descriptor: Close Group (See Previous Choices)) (Notes: Adds Reaction to Grab Attempt/Adds Automatic Attack to Successful Grab).
                              -Martial Blows: Strength-based Damage 2.
                              -Serpent Strikes: Strength-based Damage 4 (Advantages: Improved Critical 1 (Serpent Strikes)) (Flaws: Limited – Only Against a Grappled Opponent).
                              -Stunning Blows: Cumulative Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16) (Extras: Cumulative, Flaws: Limited Degree (2 Degrees).
                              -Electroplating Tattoos: Cumulative Affliction 4 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Paralysed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 14) (Extras: Cumulative, Reaction 3 – being touched, Flaws: Instant Recovery, Quirk 2: only works through Panktria’s bare-skin only, Unreliable (5 uses)).

Electro-Plating Tattoos: Immunity 5 (Damage Effect: Electricity) (Flaws: Limited – Half Effect).

Equipment: 7 points (35 EP)

Armoured Costume: (Camo Clothing (Urban) Flash Goggles, Brass Knuckles, Undercover Shirt), Cell Phone (Smartphone), Commlink, Utility Belt: (Binoculars, Flashlight, Gas Mask, GPS Receiver, Multi-tool, Rebreather, Restraints, Collapsible Baton, Knife, Pepper Spray, Smoke Grenade, Tear Gas Grenade).

Advantages: 20 points

All-out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Evasion 1, Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Takedown 1, Weapon Bind, Equipment 7, Improved Critical: Serpent Strikes.

Skills: 24 points (48 ranks)

Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat 4 (+9) Grab, Close Combat 4 (+9) Martial Mastery (and a Little Extra), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 2 (+4), Investigation 2 (+3), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 2 (+4), Ranged Combat 2 (+3) Grenades Attacks, Stealth 4 (+6),Technology 2 (+3), Treatment 2 (+3).

Offensive:

Initiative +2, Brass Knuckles, +7 (DC 19) (Bludgeon, Crit 20), Collapsible Baton, +7 (DC 20) (Bludgeon, Crit 20), Crippling Strikes: Cumulative Affliction 6, +9 (DC Fort 16) (Crit 20), Grab, +11, (DC Spec 13) (Bludgeon, Crit 20), Knife, +7 (DC 19) (Piercing, Crit 10-20), Martial Blows: Strength-based Damage 2, +9 (DC 20) (Crit 20), Pepper Spray, +7 (DC Dog/Fort 14) (Chemical), Serpent Strikes: Strength-based Damage 4, +9 (DC 22) (Crit 19-20), Smoke Grenade, +3 (DC 19), Stunning Blows: Cumulative Affliction 6, +9 (DC Fort 16) (Crit 20), Tear Gas Grenade, 3 (DC Dog/Fort 14), Throw, +1 (DC 18) (Bludgeon, Crit 20), Unarmed, +7 (DC 18) (Bludgeon, Crit 20), Electroplating Tattoos: Cumulative Affliction 4, +9 (DC Fort 14) (Crit 20).

Defensive: 12 points

Dodge 4 (6), Parry 3 (8), Fortitude 2 (6), Toughness (6), Will 3 (5)

Total Abilities 40 + Powers 24 + Advantages 20 + Skills 24 + Defenses 12 = 120

Complications:

Motivation: Doing Good.
                              Motivation: Thrills.
                              Quirk: Confidence Issues – Despite her incredible abilities and skills, Panktria has always had difficulty when it comes to her confidence, always comparing herself to others, and using their accomplishments as the measure of her own. It’s never stopped her from doing anything before – or from excelling at what she’s doing – but it can make it hard for her to give it 100%. She knows she’s good, but she also ‘knows’ that she’ll never be ‘that’ good.
                              Quirk: Not Quiet Proof – Despite the sophistication of her electro-plating tattoos, the protection they provide is not all-encompassing: over her joints – the inside of her knees or elbows, for example – the protection they provide is significantly lessened. Directed, close-range attacks to these areas (jamming a tazer into the back of her knee, for example) by-pass her immunity entirely.
                              Last edited by Mister CD; 04-27-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X