Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JD's 3E Thread: REBOOT!

Guess I'll get things started by creating my thread over here. XD
    Think I'll start with my Fantasy Work first.

My Fantasy Index
    Rules
    - Conversion Chart: D&D to M&M
    -

Monsters
    - Doppleganger
    -
    Last edited by JoshuaDunlow; 04-29-2014, 08:29 PM.
    Click here to go to my JD's 3E Reboot !!!

My Super Hero Index

My Supers Index
    Header
    -
    -
    -

Comment

Hmm.. i tried to put my first post in , and it just doesn't wanna go.. oh well..

Comment

I just found that as well. I'm guessing the coding is quite different from the old forums.

Comment

Actually its pretty much the same. Not sure what the issue is, but i can't post any of my posts.
          One of the big differences is the use of the Font Size BBC code.
          Last edited by JoshuaDunlow; 04-29-2014, 08:08 PM.

Comment

A gaunt grey humanoid with long gangly limbs, a bulbous head, and void of any discernable features.

Doppleganger - PL 5

Strength 2, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
            Defensive Roll, Equipment 2, Languages 1

Skills
            Deception 9 (+10), Insight 5 (+6), Intimidation 2 (+3), Perception 5 (+6)

Powers
            Change Shape: Shapeshift 2 (Sustained)
            Dark Vision: Senses 2 (Darkvision)
            Detect Thoughts: Mind Reading 3 (DC 13)
            Resilient Bodies: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
            Natural Shapechanger: Immunity 4 (Custom: Magical Sleep 2, Custom: Magical mind control 2)
            Slam Attack: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19)

Equipment
            Custom Equipment appropriate to Role 10

Offense
            Initiative +1
            Detect Thoughts: Mind Reading 3 (DC Will 13)
            Grab, +5 (DC Spec 12)
            Slam Attack: Strength-based Damage 2, +5 (DC 19)
            Throw, +0 (DC 17)
            Unarmed, +5 (DC 17)

Languages
            Common, One other language

Defense
            Dodge 6, Parry 5, Fortitude 4, Toughness 4/3, Will 6

Power Points
            Abilities 24 + Powers 32 + Advantages 4 + Skills 11 (21 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 84

Well I got this one to post.. weird. x.x
            Last edited by JoshuaDunlow; 04-29-2014, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Conversion Chart D&D to M&M

** Do not include Shield bonuses.
              *** This bonus is added onto a weapons ( or shields) normal ranks. So a +2 sword that does 1d8 damage in D&D does Rank 4 damage in M&M.

Fighting Score & Ranged Combat: I usually base this off the creatures HD or Base Attack bonus which ever is lower. And I usually assume that their ranged combat, is 2/3rds this value.

Converting Multi Classed Characters: To find the true Hit Dice value before converting. Take your highest level class as your base. Then for every 3 levels in other classes add 1 to this.

Greater HitDice: Some monsters/classes use a D10 or a D12 for their hitdice. To represent their increased potentials. Grant them either Increased Stamina, or the protection power. D10 is 1 rank, D12 is 2 ranks.

Damage Reduction: Use the last column on the chart above for converting into Impervious ratings. I've decided for converting Damage Resistance to specific attacks. Should a monster have a DR of 20 or greater, the GM can opt to just give the creature half save immunities to the specific resistances. DR's of 40 or higher against specific attacks, can be full Immunities. But this is up to you. The main reason to keep there from being incredibly high Impervious ratings.

Skill Ranks: Treat skill ranks like "levels" before converting into Ranks in M&M, than modify that by the characters Ability Modifiers. This will give you the true Modifier of their skills.

Saving Throws to Defense: Since saving throws can get out of hand in D&D in extreme proportions. Ive decided to treat these like "levels" before converting to a rank. This is assumed to be the full defense rating after ability modifiers. Reflexes become Dodge, Will to Will, Fort to Fort. Parry should always be based off the converted characters Fighting score.

Making Spells Generic?: A quick rule, to converting spells. If you don't want to convert a bunch of spells into the game. Do this. The player has an aray of points equal to their caster level x 2. And has a number of spells 1/4th the amount of total spells castable (except for the 0 level spells).

YAY IT WORKED! THis post finally went through.

Comment

Re: JD's 3E Thread: REBOOT!

Hey JD!

I love this post. I think I may try and convert my Living Greyhawk character. Glad I found you again!

~Eleos

Comment

Working...
                X