RMD's R&D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMD's R&D

Here are my builds, I'm quite new to the game so please give me constructive criticism and tell me what you think about my characters. Also, special thanks to the kind and friendly Fuzzyboots for giving his/her time to help me build. You rock, Fuzzyboots!

Index by franchise

Original
    • Kliwon Squad (Coming soon)

• Nine Tails (Coming soon)
      • Yoo Junghwa

Last edited by RMD48; 11-01-2018, 08:04 AM.
    [IMG]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VictoriousWateryIberianmole-size_restricted.gif[/IMG]

Re: RMD's R&D

Eyes: Black
    Hair: Black
    Height: 170 cm Weight: 50kg
    Blood type: B

ABILITIES
    STR: 4 STA: 5 AGI: 2 DEX: 0
    FGT: 7 INT: 4 AWE: 4 PRE: 2

ADVANTAGES
    Contacts, Cool (Intimidation), Defensive Roll 3, Diehard; Eidetic Memory, Great Endurance, Holding Back 1, Improved Grab, Improved Smash, Instant Up, Interpose, Startle, Weapon Break, Equipment 1, Languages 2

SKILLS
    Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 6 (+10), Close combat 0 (+7), Deception 0 (+2) Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+8) Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Ranged Combat 0 (+0), Stealth 0 (+2), Technology 4 (+8)

POWERS

Pyrokinesis
    Fire Punch
    Strength-based Damage 4
    Flame Eater
    Regeneration 3 (Flaw: Source: Fire) linked to Nullify 3 (Counters: Fire Effects, Limited to Subject of Effect)
    Fireproof
    Immunity 5 (Fire Effects)
    Tiger Warrior
    Eye of the Tiger
    Senses 3 (Darkvision, Extended Vision)
    Paws of the Tiger
    Movement 2 (Safe fall, Sure-footed)
    Heir of Ambo Enre
    Mind of Ambo Enre
    Senses 4 (Uncontrolled Precognition)
    Equipment
    Leather Glove (Brass Knuckle)

Languages
    Indonesian (Native), English (Free), Korean, Chinese

Offence
    Initiative +2
    Leather Glove, +7
    Fire Punch: Strength-based Damage 4, +7
    Grab, +7
    Nullify: Nullify 3, +0
    Throw, +0
    Unarmed, +7

Defence
    Dodge 7
    Parry 8
    Fortitude 6
    Toughness 8/5 (without defensive roll)
    Will 5

Power Points
    Abilities 58 + Advantages 18 + Skills 16 + Powers 22, Defences 6= 120

Complications

Motivation: Doing Good
    He may be a former teenage deliquent, but his heart is good by nature. Not to mention that he went to an Islamic school which made him even more in touch with his good side.

Motivation: Thrills
    Maung is a thrill-seeking, fun-loving young man who likes a good fight.

Obsession
    Maung is obsessed with finding love, especially the love of a Korean celebrity. He can't resist a pretty face, especially if that face is Asian and has a nice pair of glasses on it.

Temper
    Maung is quite agressive and hot-headed. He also swears like a sailor.

Avid gamer and Koreaboo
    Reza likes trading card games, videogames and kpop a lot. He would immediately drop his bad boy attitude and become a crazy fanboy at the sight of a poster with a female kpop star on it. When the rest of the team are fighting bad guys, he might consider grabbing the Legend Rare Sorcery: The Collection card slipped under a nearby pile of rubble. You get the idea.

Background

Despite being the heir of the Bugis noble family, Reza Ramadhan has always been more of a rogue-ish hero than an aristocrat. He likes helping people and protecting the innocent, but has done some minor crimes himself. With their powers, which they accidentally discovered recently, he and his best friend became superheroes under the guise of Maung and Manux respectively. Some call him the Guardian Tiger of Bandung, especially after one fateful day. On that day, our hero was walking to his grandmother's house from school, when a small group of large spaceships appeared in the sky. Mechanical creatures began descending from the fleet and started attacking everyone. With fire in his hands, Ramadhan fought back and ultimately repelled the invasion, but lost control in the process, almost burning the whole district. Realising the danger this young fighter posed, the Indonesian government sent the special forces after him, capturing him and having him sent to trial before important government officials including the president. Luckily, a member of All-Star Squadron suddenly stepped in and asked to train the pyromancer, saving him from the punishment he would've faced if the world-remowned superhero never came.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maung Enraged
    PL12

"Burn to ashes!"

ABILITIES
    STR: 8 STA: 6 AGI: 5 DEX: 0
    FGT: 8 INT: 0 AWE: 5 PRE: 2

ADVANTAGES
    All-out Attack, Close Attack 4, Diehard, Evasion 2, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Smash, Instant Up, Interpose, Startle, Weapon Break, Equipment 1, Languages 2

SKILLS
    Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 6 (+14), Close combat 0 (+8), Deception 0 (+2) Insight 4 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 4 (+9), Ranged Combat 0 (+0), Stealth 0 (+5)

POWERS

Pyrokinesis
    Fire Punch
    Strength-based Damage 4
    Flame Eater
    Regeneration 5 (Flaw: Source: Fire) linked to Nullify 5 (Counters: Fire Effects, Limited to Subject of Effect)
    Fireproof
    Immunity 5 (Fire Effects)
    Flame Burst
    Burst Area 2 Damage 7
    Flame Cloak
    Protection 6
    Flight
    Flight 9
    Tiger Warrior
    Eye of the Tiger
    Senses 3 (Darkvision, Extended Vision)
    Paws of the Tiger
    Movement 2 (Safe fall, Sure-footed)
    Equipment
    Leather Glove (Brass Knuckle)

Languages
    Indonesian (Native), English (Free), Korean, Chinese

Offence
    Initiative +5
    Leather Glove, +12
    Fire Punch: Strength-based Damage 4, +12
    Grab, +12
    Nullify: Nullify 5, +0
    Throw, +0
    Unarmed, +12

Defence
    Dodge 12
    Parry 12
    Fortitude 8
    Toughness 12
    Will 7

Power Points
    Abilities 68 + Advantages 18 + Skills 12 + Powers 67, Defences 15= 180

#black #fire #human #indonesia #male #melee #orange #tank
    Last edited by RMD48; 08-09-2018, 04:53 AM.
    [IMG]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VictoriousWateryIberianmole-size_restricted.gif[/IMG]

Comment

This is a pretty good first time build. A PL8 close fighter without too much complexity, good for learning the game. A few things should be fixed, but mostly this is completely playable.

I do recommend giving a total for points in each section. It makes it easier to check when necessary. From what I can see, you actually have about 10p left over.

Abilities are all in the human range, and basically suggest a tough melee fighter right away. You have no INT skills so INT 2 is not helping you much now, but may be more useful as your character grows and develops new skills.

Defenses seem to all hit caps except for Ranged Damage which is fine. However, as written your Toughness should only be 7/3. STA is 3, Def Roll is 4, and there's nothing else that adds to that. Presumably you might have had STA 4 and changed it; you could use that or add some Protection to your Tiger powers.

A lot of Advantages, all combat-based. I'm not sure what "lawful creatures" under Favored Foe means, but it might depend on your setting. Having 2 Favored Environments is a little unusual, but as long as the game doesn't spend more than half of the time in either the jungle or arenas, it should be fine.

There's some focus on weapon-breaking, and your PC can only do up to Damage 7 using Fire Punch with the free Power Attack maneuver. That's enough to easily break any wooden weapons in one shot, but most metallic weapons might require a few hits. This will also depend on how picky your GM is with equipment. You might consider Disarns/Binding as an option.

It's nice to see the powers with well-defined descriptors; a common problem is making a list of Effects that don't have any context. Your powers are nicely grouped, some based on Fire and some based on Tiger. Uncontrolled Visions is the only one that doesn't fit in either one, but it doesn't need to be; that's also more of a GM hook to help move your character forward in the story.

Two concerns about your fire powers:
      1) Flame Eater - presumably you can't just "eat flames" off your Fire Punch or the Source Flaw is not really a Flaw. Also, the Source would require you to be in flames (eating or surrounded or whatever) for 2.5 rounds for it to remove 1 Condition. Just for simplicity I'd recommend using those extra points to increase it to Regen 10 for 5p so it removes 1 per round in flames, which could include getting hit by flame attacks.
      2) Immunity - not sure why you put 5-10pp and then 2pp after it. You do have enough points to buy Immunity to all Fire Effects for 10p if you wanted.

By my reckoning you could go with STA 4, Regen 10 and Immunity 10 and still have only 114p total, which is enough left over to have some non-combat skills or other details.

Overall, it's a nifty little Fire Tiger Martial Artist type with a good set of Complications to work with and plenty of room to grow. Nice work.
      My old [URL="http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=743877#p743877"]Atomic Think Tank[/URL] thread
      My current character thread: [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/6194-The-Sound-of-My-Eyebeams-JDRook-s-builds-and-blather?p=233536&viewfull=1#post233536"]The Sound of my Eyebeams[/URL][URL="http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=743877#p743877"]
      [/URL]
      I will build characters in HeroLab for you! Send me [URL="https://www.fiverr.com/jdrook/transcribe-a-mutants-and-masterminds-pc-in-herolab?funnel=6e71f15f-207e-49f4-bf35-9ceb23b979a7"]your finished design[/URL] or even [URL="https://www.fiverr.com/jdrook/create-a-mutants-and-masterminds-pc-in-herolab?context=advanced_search&context_type=rating&funnel=2014103117123522519608360"]your original concept[/URL]!

Comment

I've been working with RMD48 on this build, so the fault is mine on not noting that the Regeneration is of fairly limited use unless there's a handy source of fire. Actually, Reaction Healing might not be a bad match. A single rank would only cost 4 PP to be able to do a Healing check any time you're hit with fire.

There were also plans to add two powers in an array, one to put an aura of fire around Maung (in the shape of a big cat) and one to be able to shape fire from a close distance. I worked them both out to be 4 PP / rank, and 4 ranks seemed fairly fair, costing another 17 PP of the allocation. Due to PL caps, the fiery aura would not stack with the unarmed damage, but it would make Maung harder to grab.
        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
        [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
          I've been working with RMD48 on this build, so the fault is mine on not noting that the Regeneration is of fairly limited use unless there's a handy source of fire. Actually, Reaction Healing might not be a bad match. A single rank would only cost 4 PP to be able to do a Healing check any time you're hit with fire.

There were also plans to add two powers in an array, one to put an aura of fire around Maung (in the shape of a big cat) and one to be able to shape fire from a close distance. I worked them both out to be 4 PP / rank, and 4 ranks seemed fairly fair, costing another 17 PP of the allocation. Due to PL caps, the fiery aura would not stack with the unarmed damage, but it would make Maung harder to grab.
          Right, sorry for not crediting you earlier, thx for the help

Comment

Originally posted by JDRook View Post
            This is a pretty good first time build. A PL8 close fighter without too much complexity, good for learning the game. A few things should be fixed, but mostly this is completely playable.

I do recommend giving a total for points in each section. It makes it easier to check when necessary. From what I can see, you actually have about 10p left over.

Abilities are all in the human range, and basically suggest a tough melee fighter right away. You have no INT skills so INT 2 is not helping you much now, but may be more useful as your character grows and develops new skills.

Defenses seem to all hit caps except for Ranged Damage which is fine. However, as written your Toughness should only be 7/3. STA is 3, Def Roll is 4, and there's nothing else that adds to that. Presumably you might have had STA 4 and changed it; you could use that or add some Protection to your Tiger powers.

A lot of Advantages, all combat-based. I'm not sure what "lawful creatures" under Favored Foe means, but it might depend on your setting. Having 2 Favored Environments is a little unusual, but as long as the game doesn't spend more than half of the time in either the jungle or arenas, it should be fine.

There's some focus on weapon-breaking, and your PC can only do up to Damage 7 using Fire Punch with the free Power Attack maneuver. That's enough to easily break any wooden weapons in one shot, but most metallic weapons might require a few hits. This will also depend on how picky your GM is with equipment. You might consider Disarns/Binding as an option.

It's nice to see the powers with well-defined descriptors; a common problem is making a list of Effects that don't have any context. Your powers are nicely grouped, some based on Fire and some based on Tiger. Uncontrolled Visions is the only one that doesn't fit in either one, but it doesn't need to be; that's also more of a GM hook to help move your character forward in the story.

Two concerns about your fire powers:
            1) Flame Eater - presumably you can't just "eat flames" off your Fire Punch or the Source Flaw is not really a Flaw. Also, the Source would require you to be in flames (eating or surrounded or whatever) for 2.5 rounds for it to remove 1 Condition. Just for simplicity I'd recommend using those extra points to increase it to Regen 10 for 5p so it removes 1 per round in flames, which could include getting hit by flame attacks.
            2) Immunity - not sure why you put 5-10pp and then 2pp after it. You do have enough points to buy Immunity to all Fire Effects for 10p if you wanted.

By my reckoning you could go with STA 4, Regen 10 and Immunity 10 and still have only 114p total, which is enough left over to have some non-combat skills or other details.

Overall, it's a nifty little Fire Tiger Martial Artist type with a good set of Complications to work with and plenty of room to grow. Nice work.
            Thanks, I thought intelligence would help but you and Fuzzyboots were right. Will edit soon.

Comment

Pocong

ABILITIES

#indonesia #black #damager #male #gun #human #ranged #white #rogue
              Last edited by RMD48; 11-01-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X