Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Lara's Treasure] Ridley, Mother Brain, Kraid, Metroid, Midoriya, OC: Dusk, the Legendary Cowgirl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Spider-Gwen, Overwatch, Mass Effect Powers, Optimus Prime, Godzilla (Heisei)

Originally posted by Thorpacolypse View Post
    Happy Birthday, Lara! And yes, Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale is a fine, fine thing. The guy that hosts our D&D/gaming group is a home brewer and I am trying to get him to whip up some pumpkin beer, but he said it's too expensive. I guess I'll just keep drinking the free Berliner Weiss and Porters every week and be happy.
    Ooh, tell him to send some up my way! 'Cause that sounds pretty good. Also, weird that pumpkin beer is so much more expensive. I wonder what the spendy part is?

Originally posted by Thorpacolypse View Post
    I've always seen the Cybertronians as creatures, too. I've never followed the comics or TV series much, but I really enjoyed the concepts (not necessarily the execution of said concepts, mind you...We don't speak of Revenge of The Fallen in my house ) the cinematic Transformers, and I definitely saw them as living beings, not constructs. I may have to get back on a run of them in the near future since my motivation has returned AND the Young Thorpacolypses' football and marching band seasons are winding down.
    Always a good time for Transformers. What started off as a simple way to sell (awesome) toys turned into one of the coolest sci-fi settings around. I like the War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron continuity best out of any recent stuff, 'cause it really distills things down to what makes it awesome. Plus, playing FoC, you get so many cool locales, it's hard not to think even as you're driving or jumping through these incredibly vast ruins and locales about characters fighting there, or traveling there, or setting an adventure there, in a roleplaying game. A campaign set in the dying days of Cybertron, in the last years of the war, could be great. Or one as the Autobot resistance left behind after Optimus and the bulk of the Autobot forces disappear through the space bridge. Heck, even replaying through the arrival to Earth would be cool, but Cybertron is such a cool locale. It's hard not to like it as a setting.

Originally posted by Earth-Two_Kenn View Post
    Wishing you many happy returns of the day, Lara.
    Thanks! Here's hoping!

Comment

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Spider-Gwen, Overwatch, Mass Effect Powers, Optimus Prime, Godzilla (Heisei)

Happy Birfday!!
      Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

• Godzilla (Legendary)

Godzilla
        King of the Monsters
        Power Points: 205

Abilities
        Strength 18, Stamina 18, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 10, Intellect 0, Awareness 8, Presence 2

Combat
        Unarmed
        Savage fury, slashing claws, tearing fangs, brutal tail strikes.
        • Hit +12 vs. Parry
        • Close
        • Damage 20

Radioactive Fire Breath
        A blue stream of pure power.
        • Hit +12 vs. Dodge
        • Ranged
        • Damage 19

Defense
        Dodge 6
        Parry 14
        Toughness 20
        Fortitude 18
        Will 10

Advantages
        Combat • All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Improved Critical 2 (Fire Breath, Unarmed)
        Enhanced • Favored Environment (Aquatic)
        Fortune • Ultimate Resistance: Toughness
        General • Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless

Skills
        Awareness • Perception 8 (+16)
        Dexterity • Ranged Combat: Breath Attack 12 (+12)
        Fighting • Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+12)
        Presence • Intimidation 0 (+19)

Powers & Equipment
        King of the Kaiju87 points • Long live the King!
        Enhanced Ability 2 (Strength), Limited: Only for Lifting -1r • 1 point
        Growth 18 (355 feet, +18 Strength, +18 Stamina, +9 Intimidation, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth), Mega-Sized +8 (Size Rank 4, Intimidation +8), Permanent, Innate +1 • 45 points
        Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 20 • 22 points
        Regeneration 5, Persistent +1r • 10 points
        Speed 2 (30 MPH) • 2 points
        Swimming 7 (60 MPH) • 7 points

Amphibious Radiovore9 points • Godzilla is maybe the last of an ancient species of radiovore super predators.
        Enhanced Advantage 1 (Favored Environment: Aquatic) • 1 point
        Immunity 8 (Aging, cold, disease, heat, high pressure, poison, radiation 5, starvation and thirst) • 8 points

Radioactive Fire Breath38 points • A blue stream of awesome destructive power.
        Damage 19 [Fire, Radiation], Increased Range: Ranged +1r, Secondary Effect +1r, Tiring -1r • 38 points
        AE: Natural Weaponry2 points (1)Damage 2, Strength-based • Godzilla uses his powerful jaws and brutal tail strikes in battle.

Heightened Senses13 points • Godzilla's senses lead him to both battle and radiation.
        Senses 13 (Darkvision 2; Detect Radiation 2: Extended 2; Hearing: Extended, Infravision, Direction Sense, Ultra-Hearing; Smell: Extended, Tracking; Vision: Extended) • 13 points

Abilities: 28 • Defenses: 10 • Advantages: 9 • Skills: 11 • Powers: 147 • Total: 205 Power Points

Complications
        Force of Nature: Godzilla is a prehistoric predator, some believe destined to save Earth from greater threats.
        Enemy: Humanity (at times), the M.U.T.O.s.
        Power Loss: Certain weapons and powers, like the M.U.T.O.s' energy dampening electrical fields, can deprive Godzilla of his strength for a time.

History
        In a world long past, giant creatures fed upon the high amounts of geothermal radiation across the world. As with any ecosystem, where there was prey, so too evolved predators. Godzilla was one such creature, bringing balance to nature by hunting other radiovores of the time. Eventually the amount of radiation on the surface diminished, and Godzilla retreated to the oceanic depths, rising to hunt when awakened by the presence of other such monsters. In 1954, a nuclear submarine accidentally awakened Godzilla, and both the United States and Russian militaries began attempting to kill the monster in events covered up as a weapons tests. Their attempts failed. Godzilla survived even direct proximity to the Castle Bravo bomb, a 15-megaton H-bomb detonated on the Bikini Atoll. Eventually the monster returned to the depths and lay dormant once more.

Decades later, humans accidentally discovered the M.U.T.O.s (Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organisms), without knowing what they were. A series of incidents led to the monsters awakening and rampaging across the United States, where they threatened to breed and spawn a race of kaiju capable of crushing civilization. While human forces attempted to stop them, Godzilla reawakened and came ashore to hunt them. After a long and brutal battle that devastated much of San Francisco, Godzilla killed both M.U.T.O.s and returned to the sea.

Characteristics
        According to Doctor Ishiro Serizawa, Godzilla is from a species of prehistoric super predator as ancient as perhaps the Permian. He evolved as the ultimate hunter, but as a living animal (albeit a frighteningly intelligent one), he acts as a force of balance. Other monsters threaten to rampage out of control, Godzilla stops them. He seems capable of rage, as well as understanding other creatures: at one point, he seems to acknowledge that Ford Brody helped him against the M.U.T.O.s, as the two tired warriors shared a moment of understanding.

Abilities & Resources
        Godzilla stands 355 feet tall with strength to match. Powerfully built, he fights with crushing jaws and a devastating tail. His durability greatly eclipses any known animal's, since he survived a series of nuclear detonations in the '50s that were attempts to kill him. Godzilla shrugs off attacks from heavy artillery without harm, easily endures the crushing pressure of the ocean's depths, and wades unfazed through whole buildings and environmental disasters. He is amphibious, sporting gills along his thick neck. His kind evolved to absorb radiation, and channel it in a neon blue stream of fiery destruction.
        Last edited by Lara Croft; 10-25-2016, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Spider-Gwen, Overwatch, Mass Effect, Optimus Prime, Godzilla (Heisei, Legendar

My personal favorite Godzilla
          Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Spider-Gwen, Overwatch, Mass Effect, Optimus Prime, Godzilla (Heisei, Legendar

I'm a big fan of that one, too. Though I am curious about whether I should do something to improve his breath attack. It's maybe not as powerful as some incarnations of Godzilla, but we also don't get to see it at full strength. He's weakened by the time he uses it, and also something that isn't explicitly stated in the movie but was in the scripts and stuff is that the female M.U.T.O. especially is interfering with his breath attack. Their EMP abilities do wonky things to Godzilla's biology, in large part evolving as a defense against Godzilla in particular. So it seems likely that at full strength his breath attack would be a lot more dangerous — although the M.U.T.O.s are somewhat shielded against at least the radiation part of it. I could just leave that extra power to be a part of Power Attack + Extraordinary Effort, but maybe there's something I can do to make it a more worthwhile option over his basic Strength (other than range). I think I'll also give him a damage bonus for the jaws, claws, and tail, too.

Edit: And done! Secondary Effect and Tiring seem to work for his breath. It seems to drain his energy severely to do it, but it behaves more like fire and less like an energy beam like those of past Godzillas. It makes it something less reliable but considerably more damaging (potentially) than his brutal melee attacks, which seems to fit.
            Last edited by Lara Croft; 10-22-2016, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• M.U.T.O.s

M.U.T.O.s
              Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organisms
              Power Points: 302 (female), 327 (male)

M.U.T.O. (male)
              Abilities
              Strength 16, Stamina 16, Agility 6, Dexterity 0, Fighting 8, Intellect -2, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Combat
              Unarmed
              Claws and beak
              Hit +12 vs. Parry
              Close
              Damage 17

Defense
              Dodge 12
              Parry 10
              Toughness 18 (16)
              Fortitude 16
              Will 8

Advantages
              Combat Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Fast Grab, Move-By Action

Skills
              Awareness Perception 12 (+16)
              Fighting Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+12)

Powers & Equipment
              Massive Organism 53 points The M.U.T.O. is a huge prehistoric parasite.
              Growth 16 (+16 Strength, +16 Stamina, +8 Intimidation, +2 Speed, -16 Stealth), Innate +1, Mega-Sized +4 (Size Rank 3, +4 Intimidation), Permanent 37 points
              Impervious Toughness 16 16 points

Winged Kaiju 10 points Males of the species can fly swiftly.
              Damage 1, Strength-based 1 point
              Flight 9 (Supersonic), Wings -1r 9 points

Radiovorous Parasite 29 points Finely tuned senses fuel the creature's hunger for radiation.
              Communication 3 [Echolocation] 12 points
              Immunity 5 (Aging, cold, heat, high pressure, radiation) 5 points
              Senses 12 (Detect Radiation 2: Extended 2, Radius; Darkvision 2, Direction Sense, Hearing: Extended 2, Tracking [Detect], Ultra-Hearing) 12 points

Electromagnetic Pulse 150 points The male slams his foot down and unleashed a massive EMP capable of shattering even hardened systems.
              Weaken Electronics 10, Affects Only Objects +0, Area: Burst (4 miles) +12r, Broad +1r, Simultaneous +1r 150 points

Abilities: 60 Defenses: 12 Advantages: 5 Skills: 8 Powers: 242 Total: 327 Power Points

M.U.T.O. (female)
              Abilities
              Strength 17, Stamina 17, Agility 1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect -2, Awareness 6, Presence 3

Combat
              Unarmed
              Rending claws and razor-sharp beak.
              Hit +10 vs. Parry
              Close
              Damage 18

Defense
              Dodge 8
              Parry 11
              Toughness 19
              Fortitude 17
              Will 8

Advantages
              Combat Fast Grab

Skills
              Awareness Perception 10 (+16)
              Fighting Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+10)

Powers & Equipment
              Massive Organism 63 points The M.U.T.O. is a huge prehistoric parasite.
              Damage 1, Strength-based 1 point
              Growth 17 (+17 Strength, +17 Stamina, +8 Intimidation, +2 Speed, -17 Stealth), Innate +1, Mega-Sized +4 (Size Rank 3, +4 Intimidation), Permanent 39 points
              Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 18 20 points
              Speed 3 (60 MPH) 3 points

Radiovorous Parasite 29 points Finely tuned senses fuel the creature's hunger for radiation.
              Communication 3 [Echolocation] 12 points
              Immunity 5 (Aging, cold, heat, high pressure, radiation) 5 points
              Senses 12 (Detect Radiation 2: Extended 2, Radius; Darkvision 2, Direction Sense, Hearing: Extended 2, Tracking [Detect], Ultra-Hearing) 12 points

EMP Sphere of Influence 160 points A field surrounding the female that can nullify electronics.
              Nullify Electromagnetism 10, Area: Burst (4 miles) +12r, Broad +1r, Concentration +1r, Sustained +1r 160 points

Abilities: 28 Defenses: 14 Advantages: 1 Skills: 7 Powers: 252 Total: 302 Power Points

Complications
              Instinct: The creatures feed on radiation, living solely to feast, breed, and feast some more.
              Enemy: Godzilla, rather a significant enemy....

History
              The M.U.T.O.s are as ancient as Godzilla, perhaps hailing from as far back as the Permian. Like Godzilla they ended up in a sort of hibernation when the radiation levels on the surface of Earth diminished, but woke up in the modern day, drawn to nuclear power engineered by humans. Both M.U.T.O.s awakened and found one another, where they proceeded to mate and destroy San Francisco. Godzilla followed them to land and hunted them down, battling them with the help of humans led by Ford Brody. In the end, Godzilla triumphed and wiped out the M.U.T.O.s, and thanks to Brody, the thousands of eggs the M.U.T.O.s had left behind were also destroyed.

Characteristics
              Pure animal hunger and desire to dominate their ecosystem. They can be fierce when provoked and recognize their ancient enemy on sight.

Abilities & Resources
              The M.U.T.O.s are gigantic, weighing as much as an estimated 30,000 tons (the male) and 60,000 tons (the female). Their size lends them incredible power, but they also display advanced EMP abilities. The male M.U.T.O. unleashes his in a shockwave attack, while the female seems to be surrounded by a field capable of weakening electromagnetic forces, both in roughly a 5-mile radius. Their ferocity and ability to feed on metal, radiation, and shrug off heavy artillery makes them threats so dangerous only the deadliest of weapons can stop them ... or Godzilla.

Comment

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Spider-Gwen, Overwatch, Mass Effect, Optimus Prime, Godzilla, M.U.T.O.s

The M.U.T.O.s cost a fortune because of what I feel was a bad design decision in making Area increase the cost per rank for every area rank you want to go up. It makes a relatively low-scale power, a simple 10-rank EMP with a mere radius of 5 miles (nothing at all spectacular by comics standards) cost a whopping 150 points! They're both considerably more expensive than Godzilla himself, despite being less powerful. Neither one is exactly a match for him in a direct fight, though the male can give him trouble for some time, and the female is almost as big and strong. The male is a better fighter overall, though smaller and weaker. Together they are enough to match Godzilla in a prolonged fight, even gaining the advantage at one point. After an extended battle, Godzilla kills the male M.U.T.O. with a critical hit full Power Attack with his tail (it was already weakened from their clashes before). He then reengages with the female M.U.T.O. and, after blasting it several times with his fiery breath, finally kills it and immediately ends its disruptive EMP effect.

Throw a couple of these monsters against even a high-powered supers team, especially with some of the optional rules (I use size-based area effect and some stuff from Kaiju Kultists) and watch your heroes struggle like never before to contain their rampage.

Comment

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Spider-Gwen, Overwatch, Mass Effect, Optimus Prime, Godzilla, M.U.T.O.s

Very cool Godzilla builds. I really enjoyed the 2014 Godzilla film. I'm hoping between Godzilla and Pacific Rim (a great popcorn movie IMO) we'll see a resurgence in kaiju and mecha on the big screen.

Oh and Happy belated Birthday!

Comment

• Xenomorph - Alien Drone

Ash: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.
                    Lambert: You admire it.
                    Ash: I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
                    Parker: Look, I am... I've heard enough of this, and I'm asking you to pull the plug.
                    [Ripley goes to disconnect Ash, who interrupts]
                    Ash: Last word.
                    Ripley: What?
                    Ash: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Xenomorph - Drone
                    Internecivus Raptus
                    Power Points: 235

Abilities
                    STR 6, STA 3, AGI 5, DEX 1, FHT 6, INT -2, AWA 4, PRE 0

Combat
                    ClawsA barrage of claws capable of ripping through flesh, bone, and metal.
                    Hit +8 vs. ParryCloseDamage 8M

JawsThe inner jaw shoots out on a hydraulic-powered cord of muscle, driving its teeth through nearly anything.
                    Hit +8 vs. ParryCloseDamage 12

Tail StingXenomorphs have powerful tails capable of impaling attackers on its spearpoint, as well as injecting a paralytic venom.
                    Hit +8 vs. ParryClose (Reach 2) • Damage 9 + Weaken Agility 8

Defense
                    Dodge 8
                    Parry 8
                    Toughness 7
                    Fortitude 8
                    Will 4

Advantages
                    Combat • Agile Feint, Favored Environment: Hive, Move-By Action
                    Skill • Startle

Skills
                    Agility • Acrobatics 6 (+10), Stealth 3 (+8)
                    Awareness • Perception 6 (+10)
                    Fighting • Close Combat: Natural Weapons 2 (+8)
                    Presence • Intimidation 9 (+9)
                    Strength • Athletics 4 (+10)

Powers & Equipment
                    Armored Exoskeleton6 • A shiny black carapace shields the Alien from harm. Its organic appearance helps the Alien blend into its hive.
                    Enhanced Skill 6 (Stealth 6) • Extras: Permanent +0 • Flaws: Limited: Hive Only -1 • 2
                    Protection 4 • 4

Alien Physiology14 • The Xenomorph has an incredibly advanced physiology capable of adapting to any environment. It is also invisible to infravision, something it uses to ambush prey.
                    Concealment 2 (Infravision 2) • Extras: Permanent +0 • 4
                    Immunity 10 (Life support) • 10

Acid Blood58 • The Alien's blood is a form of highly-concentrated molecular acid, deadly to flesh and metal alike.
                    Damage 8 • Extras: Area: Burst +1, Reaction: Failing Toughness Roll by 2+ Degrees +3, Secondary Effect +1 • Flaws: Fades -1, Quirk: Diminished Area (-3), Uncontrolled -1 • 29
                    Weaken Toughness 8 • Extras: Affects Objects Only +0, Area: Burst +1, Reaction: Failing Toughness Roll by 2+ Degrees +3, Linked: Damage, Secondary Effect +1 • Flaws: Fades -1, Quirk: Diminished Area (-3), Uncontrolled -1 • 29

Heightened Senses15 • Incredibly potent senses make the Alien a superior predator.
                    Senses 15 (Detect Pheromones 2: Radius; Hearing: Accurate 4, Ultra-Hearing; Mental: Accurate 2, Radius, Ranged; Vision: Darkvision 2, Radius) • 15

Hive Mind6 • Alien hives seem to communicate on some unseen wavelength, bolstered by their Queen.
                    Communication 2 [Mental] • Flaws: Limited: Hive Aliens -1 • 6

Create Hive18 • Xenomorphs secrete a substance that hardens into crystallized cocoon to entrap prey, or can be molded into their organic hive structures.
                    Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge; Hindered + Vulnerable, Immobile + Defenseless) • Extras: Extra Condition +1, Increased Duration: Continuous +3 • Flaws: Limited Degree -1, Permanent -1, Slow -1 • 16
                    Environment 1 (Impede Movement, Intense Heat, Visibility) • Extras: Increased Duration: Continuous +1 • Flaws: Permanent -1, Slow -1 • 2

Natural Weaponry32 • The Alien's bite can pierce through the heaviest armor, while its claws and tail rip through metal almost as easily as they do flesh.
                    Paralytic Venom24Weaken Agility 8 • Extras: Reaction: Tail Sting +3 • Flaws: Fades -1
                    Double-Jaws6Damage 6, Strength-based • Extras: Penetrating +1 • Flaws: Grab-based -1
                    AE: Stinging Tail5 (1)Damage 3, Strength-based • Extras: Reach 2
                    AE: Claws4 (1)Damage 2, Strength-based • Extras: Multiattack +1

Agile Hunter13 • The Alien Drone can run swiftly, scurry across walls and ceilings like an insect, and leap tremendous distances.
                    Movement 4 (Safe Fall, Slithering, Wall-Crawling 2) • 8
                    Speed 3 (16 MPH) • 3
                    AE: Leaping 3 (60 feet) • 3 (1)
                    AE: Swimming 3 (4 MPH) • 3 (1)

Originally posted by Optional Power: Create Egg
                    Create Egg40 • The Alien can, in absence of a Queen and hive, transform potential hosts into facehugger eggs.
                    Affliction 10 (Resist: Fortitude; Impaired, Immobile, Transformed) • Extras: Cumulative +1, Increased Duration: Continuous +3 • Flaws: Permanent -1 • 40
                    Abilities: 46 • Defenses: 10 • Advantages: 4 • Skills: 15 • Powers: 160 • Total: 235 Power Points

Complications
                    Survival: The perfect organism. Aliens fight to survive and they're very good at it.
                    Enemy: Everyone, unless you're part of the hive.
                    Weakness: Fire can hurt xenomorphs, being perhaps the one thing they truly fear.

History
                    The origins of the species known as internecivus raptus — better known as simply "the Alien" — remain shrouded in mystery. Perhaps they were engineered as weapons of war. Or they could have evolved on some distant world wracked with the harshest conditions. Maybe it's somewhere in between. Humans first encountered them in the ruins of a derelict spacecraft, millions of years old, on the barren world of LV-426. The crew accidentally awakened xenomorph eggs lying in stasis and as a result one of their members was infected. Kane died shortly thereafter, hatching a monstrous alien creature. The Alien soon grew into a terrifying adult, stalking and killing the crew one by one. Eventually it perished when Lieutenant Ellen Ripley, the sole survivor, ejected the creature from an airlock.

57 years later, humans had begun to terraform and colonize LV-426. Like the doomed crew of the Nostromo before them, they accidentally awakened the Aliens, this time unleashing an entire hive. Soon the entire colony fell prey to the perfect predators. Ripley returned along with Colonial Space Marines to confront the monsters, ending in the nuclear destruction of the hive and the colony. But somewhere out there beyond the mountain range lies the derelict vessel, still carrying its deadly cargo....

Characteristics
                    Xenomorphs all operate as a part of a shared "hive mind" consciousness. All they do is to ensure the survival of the species. Individuals are so rare as to be nonexistent. All Aliens are incredibly hostile to everything not part of the hive. They are fierce combatants and surprisingly intelligent.

Abilities & Resources
                    Few creatures in the universe are as deadly as the Alien. Whatever their origins, they have evolved to survive the harshest conditions. Their physiologies are capable of adapting to any environment. Further, their parasitic method of reproduction allows them to adapt the beneficial traits of their host organisms. They grow swiftly, and their natural abilities combined with the best traits of their hosts makes them the top of the food chain in any ecosystem. The base traits of the Alien make it frighteningly strong and fast, able to cling to walls like an insect, leap great distances to pounce on their prey or navigate the environment, and give them a variety of devastating natural weaponry. Their blood is a form of unknown molecular acid, capable of eating through most surfaces when spilled. On top of it all, the Alien is an intelligent creature, a fast learner and possessed of a keen predatory cunning.
                    Last edited by Lara Croft; 10-31-2016, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Spider-Gwen, Overwatch, Mass Effect, Optimus Prime, Godzilla, M.U.T.O.s, ALIEN

Used your Xenomorphs whole cloth from the old Tank in my JLA game. Nasty bugs.

Love reading your builds.
                      [QUOTE=Enigmatic One;178799][FONT=Verdana]Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m9d5ob31w5pfjw/Earth%20218.pdf?dl=0"]Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting[/URL]
                      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/28-Blade-s-Third-Edition-Builds?p=109&viewfull=1#post109"]Blade's Builds[/URL]

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1554-The-Merge-3E-(OOC)?p=124944#post124944"]The Merge Character Sheet Lists[/URL]
                      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4284-The-Merge-Cosmic-Quandaries-3e-Interest-check?p=167246&viewfull=1#post167246"]The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List[/URL]

Comment

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Spider-Gwen, Overwatch, Mass Effect, Optimus Prime, Godzilla, M.U.T.O.s, ALIEN

I'm confused, how do your Aliens not have Attractive 2? Such sleek, sexy phallic designs

Comment

Originally posted by luketheduke86 View Post
                          Very cool Godzilla builds. I really enjoyed the 2014 Godzilla film. I'm hoping between Godzilla and Pacific Rim (a great popcorn movie IMO) we'll see a resurgence in kaiju and mecha on the big screen.

Oh and Happy belated Birthday!
                          I love Pacific Rim for many reasons. And thank you for the birthday wish! Don't forget that Legendary Pictures is also doing a Kong reboot, and they look to be doing it right. They're also doing a Godzilla/Kong crossover. We may see some pretty awesome stuff, and hopefully a resurgence in kaiju style monster movies!

Originally posted by Bladewind View Post
                          Used your Xenomorphs whole cloth from the old Tank in my JLA game. Nasty bugs.

Love reading your builds.
                          Thank you very much! I decided to build them again for the new forum, but they always end up about the same level. So expensive, too! More expensive than Godzilla, but that's just because of the wide variety of powers they have. These are the deadliest species. If they ever get loose in a biome as rich as, say, Earth's wilderness, the world is doomed.

Originally posted by Spectrum View Post
                          I'm confused, how do your Aliens not have Attractive 2? Such sleek, sexy phallic designs
                          Well, you know.....

Comment

• Rey

Rey
                            Power Points: 127

Abilities
                            STR 1, STA 3, AGI 3, DEX 5, FHT 3, INT 3, AWA 5, PRE 1

Combat
                            UnarmedRey can take care of herself.
                            Hit +8 (+12 Focus) vs. ParryCloseDamage 1 (2 Focus)

StaffUseful for fending off thieves and ruffians.
                            Hit +8 (+12 Focus) vs. ParryCloseDamage 3 (4 Focus)

LightsaberA blade shrouded in destiny.
                            Hit +8 (+12 Focus) vs. ParryCloseDamage 8

BlasterNothing hokey or ancient about it.
                            Hit +8 vs. DodgeRangedDamage 5

Defense
                            Dodge 7
                            Parry 5
                            Toughness 7 (3)
                            Fortitude 7
                            Will 8

Advantages
                            Combat • Close Attack 5, Defensive Roll 4
                            Fortune • Luck 3
                            General • Equipment 2

Skills
                            Agility • Acrobatics 5 (+8) • Awareness • Insight 4 (+9), Perception 4 (+9) • Dexterity • Ranged Combat: Blasters 3 (+8), Vehicles 7 (+12) •Intellect • Technology 9 (+12) • Strength • Athletics 7 (+8)

Powers & Equipment
                            The Force27 • Rey can tap into the vast energy field that binds all living things together in the universe, but she's untrained.
                            Telekinesis12Move Object 4 • Extras: Perception +1, Subtle +1 • Flaws: Uncontrolled -1
                            AE: Force Persuade8 (1)Affliction 8 (Will; Entranced, Compelled) • Extras: Concentration +1, Increased Range: Ranged +1 • Flaws: Limited Degree -1, Uncontrolled -1
                            Focus9Enhanced Traits 13 (Strength 1, Fighting 4, Parry 4, Will 4) • Flaws: Activation (Move, -1), Uncontrolled -1
                            Senses 5 (Danger Sense 1, Precognition 4) • 3Flaws: Uncontrolled -1
                            Comprehend 1 (Understand any language) • 2

Luke's Lightsaber8 • A more elegant weapon from a more refined age. Once belonged to the great Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.
                            Damage 8 • 8Extras: Penetrating +1 • Flaws: Removable (Easy, -8)

Abilities: 48 • Defenses: 13 • Advantages: 14 • Skills: 17 • Powers: 35 • Total: 127 Power Points

Complications
                            Calling: Rey is an unassuming scavenger from the desert world of Jakku, but the Force has much greater plans for her.
                            Enemy: Kylo Ren, the angry young knight of the First Order. Also the First Order itself.
                            Relationship: Finn, her friend and reformed Stormtrooper, Han Solo, and the mysterious Luke Skywalker.

History
                            Rey was abandoned on the barren desert world of Jakku by her family at a young age. She grew up scavenging the wastes in order to survive, employed by Unkar Plutt at the Niima Outpost. The Force, it seemed, had greater things in store for Rey, who found herself drawn into the Resistance that opposed the fanatical First Order. Finn, a Stormtrooper who rejected his programming, encountered Rey as he tried to find the Resistance and deliver their droid carrying valuable data on the location of Luke Skywalker. The Order pursued them, but Rey and Finn escaped Jakku on the Millennium Falcon. In space they met legendary scoundrel Han Solo and his Wookiiee companion Chewbacca. Han directed Rey to see Maz Kanata, who spoke to her of the Force and the call of destiny. Rey saw visions of strife and chaos in the past (and possible future) when she touched an old lightsaber Maz had kept in storage, drawn to it by a feeling she could not understand. Rey had become embroiled in the mystery of what had happened to Luke Skywalker and his young apprentice, Ben Solo — better known as Kylo Ren of the First Order. Now she finds herself seeking answers even as the vile First Order threatens all of Republic space with its terrifying new weapon, the Starkiller Base....

Characteristics
                            Rey is tough, having grown up in the unforgiving desert wastes. She was the best scavenger in Unkar Plutt's employ, with a natural talent no one else could match. Rey is lonely and struggles with feelings of abandonment, but she's also optimistic. At first she clings to a notion that her family will return, but after meeting Maz Kanata, she finally lets go of the pain of the past and looks toward the future. Rey is spirited and wishes to join the Resistance, which she later does in order to fight back against the First Order.

Abilities & Resources
                            No one in the wastes of Jakku is more skilled (or more lucky) than Rey. She is amazingly adept with technology, combining both natural talent and hard-earned experience. Rey earned a reputation for fending off rivals and would-be thieves with her quarterstaff, and tackling the wrecks few others would dare. Unknown to her, Rey is also strong in the Force, and as the events of the story unfold, begins to develop these powers. She can call upon the Force (not by choice at first) to enhance her abilities. While focusing through the Force, Rey strengthens her will and fighting ability, even to the point of overpowering Kylo Ren in melee battle or turning his mind-affecting powers against him. Though she is untrained, Rey is beginning to tap into the Force and gain greater control over her latent abilities. Seeking the tutelage of Luke Skywalker, perhaps one day Rey could even become a Jedi....
                            Last edited by Lara Croft; 10-30-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Overwatch, Mass Effect, Optimus Prime, Godzilla, M.U.T.O.s, ALIENS, Rey

Rey by the end of the story has begun to buy off the Uncontrolled Flaw on her powers. Also, some of her Focus abilities probably end up moving to just regular, constant traits as she hones more of that latent talent. It's likely she gains ranks in Senses, as well as some of the more common Force powers, but we don't see much yet except that she's extremely strong in the Force.

Comment

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Overwatch, Mass Effect, Optimus Prime, Godzilla, M.U.T.O.s, ALIENS, Rey

Neat- I like how Abrams kind of went against Common Hollywood Theory that "Women & Black People In Action Movies Don't Sell" and went "yeah, but they will if it's Star Wars and everyone loves it already!" I mean, it WAS true that those kinds of movies didn't sell, for a lot of reasons (international audiences, which are now way more important than ever, had basically been "trained" for years to think of black & women movies as "niche" and didn't want to see them; there's also some weird racism and sexism in certain parts of the world). Naturally, Star Wars can "get away" with anything they want to in terms of casting just by putting the name Star Wars on anything.

I thought it was cute in that scene how Finn kept doing the "Grab the girl & run" Action Movie thing, and Rey eventually is just like "Quit grabbing my arm!" because it was annoying. It was a funny look at a common cliche, without making a huge thing out of it, or drawing too much attention .

It'll be interesting to see how much Rey "levels up" for the next couple of movies. In the first, she went from "Gravelly Outsider w/ Natural Piloting Skills" (though it's a bit clumsy how they have established characters going all "You're REALLY GOOD!", as if it was a FanFic that was shilling the Original Character as great) to beating Darth Andy Samberg in a duel (okay, so he was hurt by Chewbacca's Crossbolt Thingie, which they'd spent like ten minutes establishing as this amazing death weapon to set that up).
                                Jabroniville at Hotmail dot com
                                http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/index.php

Comment

Working...
                                X