Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Lara's Treasure] Ridley, Mother Brain, Kraid, Metroid, Midoriya, OC: Dusk, the Legendary Cowgirl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Overwatch, Mass Effect, Optimus Prime, Godzilla, M.U.T.O.s, ALIENS, Rey

Hurt or not, it wasn't the first time she bested him. Whomever she really is (whether she's Luke's daughter or not), she is extremely strong in the Force. Untrained, she was able to beat him at his own game in every encounter, which is definitely saying something. Just imagine what she'd be like with training. Even injured, Kylo was beating her in their lightsaber duel until she spent some saved up Power Points to buy off "Uncontrolled" on the Focus power, then beat him so soundly that if the Force hadn't intervened, he'd have been killed right there.

The movie did subvert some stuff, yeah, which I liked. Not only did Rey not really ever need rescuing, she often ended up saving Finn's hide. Also, while there are definitely people who 'ship the two of them, to my reading they never come off as romantically inclined toward one another. Finn's kind of goofy and learning how to human, but otherwise, they strike me as companions and friends, much like Raleigh and Mako in Pacific Rim. No need for romance, just good friends. Maybe more will come of it, maybe not, but I'm glad they didn't force it.

I may stat up Kylo and Finn, as well. Kylo is seriously deluded, because apparently he's unaware of Darth Vader's redemption — his crusade is based on all the things Vader was known for in the galaxy at large, but not the more-machine-than-man himself. Who Snoke is and what he's told Kylo is also of interest, and I rather hope Snoke is really that big. It'd make the inevitable conflict that much more exciting.

Now, the question is, are they going to do a Vader thing with Kylo? They spend a lot of this movie showing (in that very Star Wars unsubtle way) that Kylo wavers between light and dark. It seems he is permanently given over to the dark side, except that I don't think a certain character's death is going to be for naught, either. So I am curious to see what they do with it there.

Comment

• Re: [Lara's Treasure] Overwatch, Mass Effect, Optimus Prime, Godzilla, M.U.T.O.s, ALIENS, Rey

I thought that Kylo was going in the direction of 'grandad was really awesome BUT.. he wussed out in the end. I'm not going to make that same mistake!' or am I misreading it?

Comment

Originally posted by Spectrum View Post
        I thought that Kylo was going in the direction of 'grandad was really awesome BUT.. he wussed out in the end. I'm not going to make that same mistake!' or am I misreading it?
        I'm not sure. I don't recall him acknowledging that Vader turned to the light at the end; his worship seems based on Vader's ability to conquer and destroy. Considering that he feels his attachment to family is a weakness, whereas it's what ultimately brought Darth Vader back from the brink, he didn't learn his lesson well either way.

Comment

I, too, hope Snoke is an actual giant. Sadly, it's much more likely he's 3' tall and massively overcompensating by using deceptive hologram tricks.
          The Architecturae: coming soon.|\__/|The Forever Tree:|\__/|The Forever Tree (the multiverse).\__/The Forever Tree (Earth-G).\__/Forever Tree NPCs.|\__/|The Multi-Faceted Gem: coming soon.|\__/|World-And-Maze:\__/World-and-Maze (the multiverse).

The Realms of Idrifaulo.

Comment

Very nice Rey build. Her and Finn were both really fun characters and I really loved "The Force Awakens."

I also found the Finn keeps grabbing her hand both funny and cute. Especially since Finn A) was kind of awkward about it and B) it almost seemed to be more for his sake then Rey's.

I know Kylo Ren has gotten a lot of guff since the movie came out, but I personally liked the character. He was a good mirror/inversion of Anakin. Someone invested in the Dark Side, but is being unwillingly pulled to the light. I'm hoping we get see some of Rey's and Kylo Ren's training in Episode VIII.

Originally posted by Hoid View Post
            I, too, hope Snoke is an actual giant. Sadly, it's much more likely he's 3' tall and massively overcompensating by using deceptive hologram tricks.
            So you're worried he's going to be an evil mirror version of Yoda? I don't see the problem here .

Comment

Originally posted by luketheduke86 View Post
              Very nice Rey build. Her and Finn were both really fun characters and I really loved "The Force Awakens."

I also found the Finn keeps grabbing her hand both funny and cute. Especially since Finn A) was kind of awkward about it and B) it almost seemed to be more for his sake then Rey's.
              Yeah, Finn is funny that way. He's just awkward in general, but I love the chemistry between him and Poe. It's one of those things where the fanbase immediately 'ships (faster than a Force Lightning bolt) but that one has a little more to it than usual. They're funny together.

I like Finn in general. The film shows some subtle things about his character. When he and Rey get blown up and they start to recover, the first thing he asks is if she's okay. When the fight happens later on and Kylo incapacitates Rey by throwing her against the tree, Finn's only thought is to make sure she's okay. Even as angry as he is, he doesn't let that drive him. Finn's first response when things get bad is to make sure everyone else is okay. That's pretty awesome.

I know Kylo Ren has gotten a lot of guff since the movie came out, but I personally liked the character. He was a good mirror/inversion of Anakin. Someone invested in the Dark Side, but is being unwillingly pulled to the light. I'm hoping we get see some of Rey's and Kylo Ren's training in Episode VIII.
              I'm sure we'll get to see their training, and it ought to be interesting. We might get to see more of how Snoke poisoned his mind so thoroughly. I mean, what the hell does Ben Solo have to be so angry about? At worst, his parents fight a lot and/or spend time separated. Great. Lots of people have that situation, but none get so angry about it they'd go to the lengths he does. Maybe he feels he deserves more power, recognition, etc.? That might make sense, seeing the infamous Darth Vader's legacy, Luke only being willing to teach him a certain way, he demands more, Snoke seizes on that.

He's going to need some serious training to keep up with Rey once she trains with Luke. Just her raw, untrained Force potential was enough to beat his own Force powers several times, even whup his ass in a lightsaber duel. She gets trained by Luke, she's going to become one of the mightiest Jedi in history.

So you're worried he's going to be an evil mirror version of Yoda? I don't see the problem here .
              That wouldn't be bad, but imagine the climactic battle against a 20-foot-tall Force Lightning-throwing dark side master!

Comment

Originally posted by Lara Croft View Post
                Yeah, Finn is funny that way. He's just awkward in general, but I love the chemistry between him and Poe. It's one of those things where the fanbase immediately 'ships (faster than a Force Lightning bolt) but that one has a little more to it than usual. They're funny together.

I like Finn in general. The film shows some subtle things about his character. When he and Rey get blown up and they start to recover, the first thing he asks is if she's okay. When the fight happens later on and Kylo incapacitates Rey by throwing her against the tree, Finn's only thought is to make sure she's okay. Even as angry as he is, he doesn't let that drive him. Finn's first response when things get bad is to make sure everyone else is okay. That's pretty awesome.
                Yea, and from what I heard he was the same way in the canon novels too. I'm still of the mind that Finn is actually Force-sensitive as well, but he's more an accidental/lucky type of force user .

I'm sure we'll get to see their training, and it ought to be interesting. We might get to see more of how Snoke poisoned his mind so thoroughly. I mean, what the hell does Ben Solo have to be so angry about? At worst, his parents fight a lot and/or spend time separated. Great. Lots of people have that situation, but none get so angry about it they'd go to the lengths he does. Maybe he feels he deserves more power, recognition, etc.? That might make sense, seeing the infamous Darth Vader's legacy, Luke only being willing to teach him a certain way, he demands more, Snoke seizes on that.

He's going to need some serious training to keep up with Rey once she trains with Luke. Just her raw, untrained Force potential was enough to beat his own Force powers several times, even whup his ass in a lightsaber duel. She gets trained by Luke, she's going to become one of the mightiest Jedi in history.
                Seeing how Kylo Ren was turned would be great to see! I'm not sure a trained Rey would necessarily trump Kylo. When it came to Rey beating his force powers, he seemed to be either caught off guard or was severely injured. Not saying a trained Rey won't be badass, but Kylo pulled off some pretty badass abilities as well, while being "partially" trained.

That wouldn't be bad, but imagine the climactic battle against a 20-foot-tall Force Lightning-throwing dark side master!
                Touchι.

Comment

Yea, and from what I heard he was the same way in the canon novels too. I'm still of the mind that Finn is actually Force-sensitive as well, but he's more an accidental/lucky type of force user .
                  I don't doubt that he is Force-sensitive. It's hinted at pretty strongly. He's an interesting character in that he's a clean slate. All he's ever known is what they programmed him to be, and yet he awakened from it in a single defining moment and rejected everything they taught him.

Seeing how Kylo Ren was turned would be great to see! I'm not sure a trained Rey would necessarily trump Kylo. When it came to Rey beating his force powers, he seemed to be either caught off guard or was severely injured. Not saying a trained Rey won't be badass, but Kylo pulled off some pretty badass abilities as well, while being "partially" trained.
                  Yeah, he does display some pretty terrifying powers. Stopping blaster bolts in midair makes him all but immune to conventional weapons if he is ready for the attack. However, I stand by it. Rey flat-out beats his mental powers, even turning them against him. And in their lightsaber duel, while he's injured, he still seems able to fight plenty well. He even overpowers Rey at first. But when she calls on the Force, she absolutely destroys him. She beats him so badly that I can't imagine he'd have prevailed even if he was unhurt. Now, you could probably make a case that at first he's holding back, not trying to kill her, because of his comment about wanting to teach her the ways of the Force. After she focuses and starts to kick the stuffing out of him, though, he seems to be fighting seriously.

Ultimately, I am guessing things will be a lot more even once they both complete their training. He's likely to retain that magmatic anger to his style, while I'm guessing Rey will be much cooler and more focused, like they are in their first clash. I really look forward to it.

Touchι.
                  SNOKE SMASH PUNY SKYWALKER!

Comment

• Xenomorph - Alien Crusher

Xenomorph - Crusher

Description: The Crusher is a huge quadrupedal creature, with an exoskeleton resembling both bone and organic tubing. Its head is a powerful, shield-shaped crest that seems virtually bulletproof. Bony spines adorn its carapace and its long tail is segmented like vertebrae.
                    Abilities: 12 • Defenses: 9 • Advantages: 5 • Skills: 7 • Powers: 128 • Total: 161 Power Points

Abilities
                    STR 8, STA 8, AGI 0, DEX 0, FHT 6, INT -3, AWA 3, PRE 0

Combat
                    ChargeThe Crusher's favorite maneuver is a Slam Attack with devastating effect.
                    Hit +8 vs. ParryCloseDamage 12 + Affliction 9

Defense
                    Dodge 4
                    Parry 9
                    Toughness 10 (12 vs. Frontal Attack)
                    Fortitude 10
                    Will 3

Advantages
                    Combat4 • All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Favored Environment: Hive
                    Skill1 • Startle

Skills
                    Awareness • Perception 6 (+9) • Presence • Intimidation 8 (+12)

Powers & Equipment
                    Armored Behemoth21 • The Crusher is gigantic, sporting a massive crest on its skull that is virtually bulletproof. It uses this crest to hammer its foes and send them flying.
                    Growth 8 • Size rank 0, +8 Stamina, +8 Strength, +4 Intimidation, +1 Speed, -8 Stealth • Extras • Innate (1), Permanent +0 • 16
                    Immunity 2 (Own Slam Damage) • 2
                    Protection 2 • Extras • Impervious +1 (10 ranks of Toughness) • Flaws • Limited: Only vs. Frontal Attacks -1 • 6
                    Protection 2 • 2

Alien Physiology14 • The Xenomorph has an incredibly advanced physiology capable of adapting to any environment. It is also invisible to infravision, something it uses to ambush prey.
                    Concealment 2 (Infravision 2) • Extras: Permanent +0 • 4
                    Immunity 10 (Life support) • 10

Acid Blood58 • The Alien's blood is a form of highly-concentrated molecular acid, deadly to flesh and metal alike.
                    Damage 8 • Extras: Area: Burst +1, Reaction: Failing Toughness Roll by 2+ Degrees +3, Secondary Effect +1 • Flaws • Fades -1, Quirk: Diminished Area (-3), Uncontrolled -1 • 29
                    Weaken Toughness 8 • Extras • Affects Objects Only +0, Area: Burst +1, Reaction: Failing Toughness Roll by 2+ Degrees +3, Linked: Damage, Secondary Effect +1 • Flaws • Fades -1, Quirk: Diminished Area (-3), Uncontrolled -1 • 29

Heightened Senses15 • Incredibly potent senses make the Alien a superior predator.
                    Senses 15 (Detect Pheromones 2: Radius; Hearing: Accurate 4, Ultra-Hearing; Mental: Accurate 2, Radius, Ranged; Vision: Darkvision 2, Radius) • 15

Hive Mind6 • Alien hives seem to communicate on some unseen wavelength, bolstered by their Queen.
                    Communication 2 [Mental] • Flaws • Limited: Hive Aliens -1 • 6

Create Hive18 • Xenomorphs secrete a substance that hardens into crystallized cocoon to entrap prey, or can be molded into their organic hive structures.
                    Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge; Hindered + Vulnerable, Immobile + Defenseless) • Extras • Extra Condition +1, Increased Duration: Continuous +3 • Flaws • Limited Degree -1, Permanent -1, Slow -1 • 16
                    Environment 1 (Impede Movement, Intense Heat, Visibility) • Extras • Increased Duration: Continuous +1 • Flaws • Permanent -1, Slow -1 • 2

Natural Weaponry9 • The Alien's bite can pierce through the heaviest armor, while its claws and tail rip through metal almost as easily as they do flesh.
                    Double-JawsDamage 6, Strength-based • Extras • Penetrating +1 • Flaws • Grab-based -1 • 6
                    Bony CrestDamage 4, Strength-based • Extras • Linked: Affliction • Flaws • Limited: Only Slam Attacks -1 • Affliction 9 (Dodge; Dazed, prone) • Extras • Linked: Damage • Flaws • Limited Degree, Only Slam Attacks -1 • 5 (1)
                    AE: Piercing TailDamage 3, Strength-based • Extras • Reach 2 • 5 (1)
                    AE: ClawsDamage 2, Strength-based • Extras • Multiattack +1 • 4 (1)

Swift Giant7 • The Crusher is less agile than its brethren, charging into enemies head-first and smashing them into paste.
                    Movement 2 (Safe Fall, Slithering) • 4
                    Speed 2 (16 MPH; +1 Speed from Growth) • 3[/B]

Complications
                    Violence: The Crusher exists to remove obstacles to hive safety ... the hard way.
                    Enemy: Everything that isn't part of the hive.
                    Simple-Minded: The Crusher is easily feinted in its savage pursuit of targets to smash.

History
                    The Crusher first appeared in the ruins of Hadley's Hope. A Colonial Space Marine detachment encountered the creature, where it destroyed their APC and killed several Marines before they finally brought it down. Prior to that, the Crusher had battered parts of the colony into pieces to better serve the hive.

Characteristics
                    Like all xenomorphs, the Crusher is bestial and ferocious. It will viciously attack anything that isn't part of the hive, doing so with more single-minded determination than most Aliens.

Abilities & Resources
                    As its appearance suggests, the Crusher is less agile than its hive brethren, but far more powerful. Its huge size and armored skull make it difficult to kill. The monster uses this to its advantage, favoring Slam Attacks that can crush metal and shatter bone. The Crusher Alien charges into battle, heedless of its own safety, with enough cunning to strike at enemy vehicles or knock down the walls behind which its prey hopes to hide. Crusher Aliens are somewhat less intelligent than others, but make up for it in raw power.
                    Last edited by Lara Croft; 10-31-2016, 07:36 PM.

Comment

The Crusher represents one of my favorite things about the Aliens line: all the weird variants that pop up in toys (those were epic), comics, even some of the movies and novels. Each one has a rather specific purpose, or one special gimmick. In this case, it's smashing things really @#%&ing hard. A huge, armored brute that makes for a great, terrifying battle. If your players have armored vehicles or some kinds of giant beasts of their own, the Crusher is exactly what you need to even the odds. Send this guy and a wave of Drone minions at the group and watch them really struggle!

I wish there was a better option than a linked Affliction for this sort of thing. Really, if the creature smashes into you at full speed, it should knock you down and/or send you flying. Preferably without the need for an additional Affliction, since even a super-strong hero might be launched by the attack (if not hurt), if caught by surprise. You see that sort of thing in the comics all the time. Once more, I find myself wanting to come up with some alternate rules to publish that add a little more dynamism to combat.

Comment

I have a mind to try to write up some kind of scenario. Maybe involving Aliens, just to see how they play out, if they're as deadly as they ought to be, or just to test out various characters. Maybe some Alien Drones and a Crusher up against a bunch of heroes? Hm. Let's see, maybe Rey, Spider-Gwen, Mercy, and Chun-Li? Though it seems like Samus deserves to be in there. Maybe a few surprise appearances. I have a few ideas, but might need to stat up a couple more characters first.

Comment

• Lucifer Morningstar

"No one chooses to be a sin-eater, detective. No one wants to be custodian of the world's filth. Why would they?"

Lucifer Morningstar
                          Power Points: 245

Abilities
                          STR 6, STA 6, AGI 4, DEX 8, FHT 6, INT 4, AWA 8, PRE 10

Combat
                          UnarmedPreternatural strength makes Lucifer a formidable opponent.
                          Hit +10 vs. ParryCloseDamage 6

Defense
                          Dodge 9
                          Parry 9
                          Toughness 10 (Impervious 8)
                          Fortitude 10
                          Will 13

Advantages
                          Combat4 • Close Attack 4
                          Enhanced- • Attractive 2, Daze (Deception), Startle
                          General6 • Benefit 4 (Wealth 4), Eidetic Memory, Extraordinary Effort
                          Fortune4 • Luck 4
                          Skill3 • Connected, Fascinate, Taunt

Skills
                          Awareness • Insight 10 (+18), Perception 8 (+16) • Dexterity • Sleight of Hand 8 (+16) • Intellect • Expertise: Criminal 8 (+12), Expertise (History) 6 (+10), Expertise: Popular Culture 6 (+10), Expertise: Theology 8 (+12), Investigation 4 (+8) • Presence • Deception 10 (+20), Intimidation 3 (+13/+22) • Strength • Athletics 9 (+15)

Powers & Equipment
                          Angelic Might32 • Lucifer is an extremely powerful angel, which grants him incredible physical abilities even in his diminished human form.
                          Protection 4 • Extras • Impervious Toughness 8 • 12
                          Immunity 5 (Aging, disease, poison, starvation and thirst, Amenadiel's time control) • 5
                          Regeneration 3 • Extras • Persistent +1 6
                          Immortality 5 (1 day) • 10
                          Move Object 1 • Extras • Subtle +1 • 3

Master of Desire15 • Lucifer's very presence can tempt humans into sin, and he can compel them to reveal their innermost desires.
                          Affliction 10 (Will; Entranced, Compelled) • Extras • Concentration +1, Increased Range (Ranged) +1, Subtle • Flaws • Instant Recovery -1, Limited Degree -1 • 11
                          Enhanced Advantages 4 • Attractive 2, Daze (Deception), Startle • 4

Devil's Guise19 • Throughout the millennia, Lucifer has had to adopt many guises and speak many languages.
                          Comprehend 2 (Speak and understand all languages) • 4
                          Enhanced Skill 9 • Intimidation +9 • Flaws • Limited: True Form Only -1 • 3
                          Morph 2 • Extras • Continuous +1 • 12

Abilities: 104 • Defenses: 17 • Advantages: 17 • Skills: 40 • Powers: 67 • Total: 245 Power Points

Complications
                          Justice: Despite his playboy demeanor, Lucifer longs to see the wicked punished for their evil acts.
                          Fame: A high-profile club owner known for his "affected" persona.
                          Hatred: God's plan, as well as those who blame him for all their wrongdoing.
                          Power Loss: For unknown reasons, Lucifer loses a rank of Strength, as well as access to his Protection, Regeneration, and possibly Immortality effects in the presence of Detective Chloe Decker.
                          Relationship: Dr. Linda, his therapist, and Amenadiel, his brother angel, as well as Mazikeen, his personal demon bodyguard.

History
                          Lucifer's story is well-known, if not always recounted correctly among humans. He rebelled in ancient times against his father and was cast out, bidden to become the tormentor of damned souls. While Lucifer excelled at his task, he resented it and the undeserved ill will it garnered him. Eventually, fed up with following his father's plan and confronting the souls of humanity's worst elements, Lucifer abandoned his job for the mortal realm. He opened a club called Lux, where the world saw a mere multi-millionaire with an adopted persona drawing on the Devil's mythology. After an old friend of his was murdered, Lucifer joined Detective Chloe Decker in solving the case and punishing the killer. Using his connections and sway, Lucifer was able to gain a lasting partnership with Decker, helping her to bring sinners to justice while struggling with his own inner (and sometimes outer) demons.

Characteristics
                          The attitude Lucifer displays to the outside world is one of carefree hedonism bolstered by vast wealth. This is only a part of it. Inwardly, Lucifer is a tormented and often angry man, a rebellious son who pursues what he feels is right even against the wishes of his father. He is not evil, nor even cruel, save to those who deserve punishment. Despite his abilities and his given task, Lucifer hates his position, eternally confronting the worst in people while suffering the curses of those who do not know his true pain. Lucifer truly desires to bring justice to those who deserve it.

Abilities & Resources
                          Since losing his wings and remaining on Earth, Lucifer has lost the bulk of his power. Even so, he remains frightfully strong and durable, able to shrug off mundane weapons without harm. His angelic heritage makes him largely immune to the frailties of mortal bodies. Lucifer is skilled in a fight, though he is no killer, and has a knack for escaping — or getting into places he might not be welcome. As the Lightbringer he is tremendously charismatic, allowing him to charm, coerce, and frighten with equal ease, often showing glimpses of his true self to those he brings to justice. Lucifer can alter his appearance, usually to hide his horrific true guise. He can also compel mortals to reveal their innermost desires, often to help in solving a difficult case.
                          Last edited by Lara Croft; 11-01-2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I have a mind to try to write up some kind of scenario. Maybe involving Aliens, just to see how they play out, if they're as deadly as they ought to be, or just to test out various characters. Maybe some Alien Drones and a Crusher up against a bunch of heroes? Hm. Let's see, maybe Rey, Spider-Gwen, Mercy, and Chun-Li? Though it seems like Samus deserves to be in there. Maybe a few surprise appearances. I have a few ideas, but might need to stat up a couple more characters first.
                            See, that's what happens to me. I have an idea, then I think "OOO! I should add this character in. Or maybe this one would work better instead. No, wait, NEW idea. I'll need this kind of character for that so I'll build THIS. And this one should work, too. Hey, what about...?"

And 200 builds later, still no fight.

Nice Alien stuff. Honestly, outside of the first two movies, I've never been that much of a fan, but I should probably rectify that, or at least read more of the expanded universe stuff.
                            The Thorpacolypse
                            Member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent since 2005
                            Co-Chair of the Council of 13
                            "Hate you can trust"

Comment

• Avacyn, Angel of Hope

Avacyn, Angel of Hope
                              Power Points: 338

Abilities
                              STR 8 • STA 10 • AGL 4 • DEX 2 • FHT 10 • INT 3 • AWA 9 • PRE 10

Combat
                              Unarmed • Avacyn's strength makes her a deadly combatant.
                              •Hit +16 vs. Parry • Close • Damage 8

Moonsilver Spear • A potent artifact forged of purest moonsilver, a symbol of Avacyn's power.
                              •Hit +16 vs. Parry • Close • Damage 12

Defenses
                              Dodge 9 • Parry 12 • Toughness 18 (Impervious 11)
                              Fortitude 18 • Will 18

Skills
                              Agility • Acrobatics 6 (+10) • Awareness • Insight 4 (+13), Perception 8 (+17) • Intellect • Expertise: Magic 12 (+15) • Presence • Intimidation 10 (+20), Persuasion 8 (+18) • Strength • Athletics 10 (+18)

Advantages
                              Combat • 17 • Accurate Attack, Close Attack 6, Favored Foe (Demons), Improved Critical (Moonsilver Spear), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown 2
                              Fortune • 8 • Inspire 5, Leadership, Luck, Ultimate Effort: Expertise (Magic)
                              General • 5 • Assessment, Benefit (Status: Archangel), Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Interpose
                              Skill • 2 • Ritualist, Startle

Abilities and Resources
                              Archangel of Hope • 76 • Avacyn is a unique being created by one of the most powerful Planeswalkers in the Multiverse at the height of his power. She embodies hope and power, transforming the entire plane for the better.
                              • Immortality 10 (1 hour) • 20
                              • Immunity 16 (Aging, fatigue effects 5, life support) • 16
                              • Protection 8 • Extras • Impervious +1 (plus Impervious Toughness 3) • 19
                              • Regeneration 5 • Extras • Persistent +1 • 10
                              • Senses 11 (Darkvision 2, Detect Magic 2 [Extended 2], Hearing: Extended 2, Vision: Extended 2, Time Sense) • 11

Guardian Angel • 52 • Avacyn's charge grants her the power to protect all of Innistrad from dark forces.
                              • Keeper of Balance • Nullify Magic 12 • Extras • Area: Burst +1, Broad: Magical +1, Concentration +1, Scale (Area) 2, Sustained +1 • Flaws • Side Effect -1 • 50
                              • AE: Shield of Avacyn • Immunity 10 (Life support) • Extras • Affects Others +1, Area: Burst +1, Linked: Protection, Scale (Area) 8 • Flaws • Sustained -0, Concentration -1, Limited: Others Only -1 • Protection 10 • Extras • Area: Burst +1, Impervious +1, Scale (Area) 8, Selective +1 • Flaws • Concentration -1, Limited: Others Only -1, Sustained -0 • 46 (1)
                              • AE: Light of Hope • Environment 18 (Light 2; 1000 miles) • 36 (1)

Winged Savior • 10 • Avacyn soars above Innistrad, descending from storm-wracked skies to deliver judgment.
                              • Flight 7 (250 MPH) • Flaws • Winged -1 • 7

Moonsilver Spear • 3 • A mighty magical artifact capable of laying low the most horrible demons.
                              • Damage 4 • Extras • Affects Insubstantial 2, Reach 1, Strength-based • Flaws • Removable (Easy) -4 • 3

Abilities 112 + Skills 29 + Advantages 32 + Defenses 24 + Powers 141 = Total: 338

Complications
                              Justice: The vampire Planeswalker Sorin Markov created Avacyn to bring balance to the plane of Innistrad. It is her most powerful desire.
                              Enemy: Countless, but among them are the most powerful demons of Innistrad, all of whom wield terrible powers.
                              Obsession: Preserving the delicate balance between humanity and the forces of darkness.
                              Responsibility: As the figurehead of the Church of Avacyn, the Angel must do her best to lead and inspire the people of Innistrad to fight back the dark.

History
                              Innistrad, the world from which infamous planeswalker Sorin Markov hails, is a plane beset by darkness and monstrous creatures like werewolves, vampires, ghosts and demons. In Markov's eternal life traveling the planes, Innistrad grew ever worse until he chose to act to spare humanity extinction from ever more brazen monsters: he created Avacyn, the Angel of Hope, through whom faith became actual power. And so the Church of Avacyn was born and balance brought back to Innistrad on the angel's wings.

Avacyn pushed back the darkness and slew countless demons in battle, though she began to realize that demons, like angels, were creatures of mana, and so survived the destruction of their physical bodies to reform later. To that end, she used the Helvault, a pure silver artifact capable of imprisoning them, to seal away their essences. She became trapped in the Helvault herself after an epic battle with the demon lord Griselbrand, and Innistrad once more plunged into darkness.

The planeswalker Liliana Vess sought out Griselbrand to destroy him and free herself of a pact she'd made with him many years ago, one that would cost Liliana her soul. She opened the Helvault and freed Avacyn alongside Griselbrand and the many other demons bound within. With Avacyn restored, Innistrad quickly came into balance as the Angel's immense power brought light to a darkening world.

Personality
                              Avacyn is simultaneously cold and fiery, like silver flames. She is an imposing figure, yet the sight and even faith in her brings hope and strength to adherents. Her presence alone united the Angels of Innistrad and pushed back the darkness, and she zealously roots out creatures of darkness to destroy them. She fully believes in the balance of the world and in protecting the innocent.

Abilities & Resources
                              Avacyn wields immense power, shining brighter than even Sorin Markov could have imagined. She is one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse, capable of altering the destiny of entire worlds. As a mighty Angel, she is immortal, and especially durable even for their kind. Avacyn is nigh-indestructible and can shield others with her power, granting them near-invulnerability to the hazards of Innistrad. As an Angel she can fly, and her senses allow her to perceive much of the embattled plane, piercing darkness and seeing into the hearts of mortals.

When in need, Avacyn calls upon more than physical power. She can turn night into day and work spells to break the foul magics of her enemies. Her Moonsilver Spear pierces the hearts of monsters physical and incorporeal, and her very presence terrifies all but the most powerful of entities.

Originally posted by Optional Rule
                              New Extra: Scale • Flat 1/rank
                              As an alternative to increasing area rank with cumulative purchases of the +1 point/rank Area Extra, the Scale Extra is a flat cost Extra that allows a character to increase the area rank of an Area power. Each rank of this Extra increases the area the effect covers by one rank. As with most Extras, the use of Scale is not optional, so if you want a fine-tuned area effect, either apply Scale to only part of the power or else buy a smaller area version as an Alternate Effect.

Comment

I wish there was a better option than a linked Affliction for this sort of thing. Really, if the creature smashes into you at full speed, it should knock you down and/or send you flying. Preferably without the need for an additional Affliction, since even a super-strong hero might be launched by the attack (if not hurt), if caught by surprise. You see that sort of thing in the comics all the time. Once more, I find myself wanting to come up with some alternate rules to publish that add a little more dynamism to combat.
                                Paragon put together some house rules and the Strength Power Profile has some optional rules.
                                [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
                                [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                X