Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Feedback: First "real" Character

Hello heroic friends,

I'm looking for feedback. While I created a few characters over the years, this is the first time I'll actually play the game (last time was 2E almost 10 years ago).
    So I'd like to get some feedback on my hero The Spark in this forum!
    The Spark
    PL10
    Abilities
    Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness -1, Presence 0
    Powers
    Living Generator:
    Shock: Ranged Damage 12 [Split]
    Alt: Electric Explosion: Damage 10 [Area (Burst)]
    Alt: Wave of Lightning: Damage 10 [Area (Cone)]
    Alt: Blinding Flash: Affliction 10 [Resisted: Dodge, Overcome: Fortitude; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware (visual); Perception Area, Cumulative; One Sense Only: Visual]
    Alt: Paralyzing Shock: Ranged Affliction 8 [Resisted, Overcome: Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Paralyzed; Concentration]

Electric Gliding: Flight 2 [Concentration, Gliding]
    Power Electrical Devices: Feature 1
    Force Field Generator: Protection 5 [Impervious; Sustained]
    (41 points)
    Living Transistor:
    Electric Immunity: Immunity 10 [Immunity (electricity)], Feel The Power: Senses 3 [Detect Electricity; Ranged, Acute]
    (13 points)
    Equipment
    Standard Equipment
    Motorcycle (10 ep), Multitool (1 ep), Mrebreather (1 ep), Restrains (1 ep), Multitool (1 ep), Communications Device (1 ep)
    Advantages
    All-out Attack, Power Attack, Improved Initiative 2, Defensive Roll, Seize Initiative, Equipment 3, Benefit [OWP Youth Program]
    Skills
    Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 7 (+9), Deception (+0), Expertise: Superhero-Related 4 (+6), Insight (+-1), Intimidation (+0), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+3), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat: Electricity 4 (+8), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 3 (+7), Technology 6 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+6)
    Offense
    Initiative +12
    Shock +8, Damage 12
    Unarmed Attack +6, Damage 2
    Paralyzing Shock +8, Damage 8
    Defense
    Dodge 12, Parry 8
    Toughness 8 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 11, Will 7
    Power Points
    Abilities 40 + Powers 54 + Advantages 10 + Skills 20 + Defenses 26 = Total 150
    Complications
    Overconfident, Temper, OWP Fanboy, Nemesis, Hatred, Traumatized, Old Friends, Force-Field Generator, Family
    The Spark is a 19-year old boy whose powers got triggered (or created?) when a super villain electrocuted a whole swimming pool full of people during a battle against a hero. While most guests survive because The Spark absorbed the lightning, his best friend (standing right next to him) died. He was 15 when this happened.
    He started training with the OWP (which is kinda like the JLA in this setting but more pro-active) right afterwards to prevent such a thing from happening again.

Further notes:
    His training makes him overconfident while his powers make his impulsive (temper, low awareness). His is overly loyal to the OWP but hates the hero who failed to prevent the attack.
    His nemesis is obviously the villain who caused all this (though they are incapable of using their powers against one another - both are immune to electricity).
    He is still traumatized by the event and will take unnecessary risks to protect innocent bystanders.
    The other best friend who survived the attack did not get the same help he did and mysteriouly vanished one year ago - should he show up again The Spark would surely feel extremely guilty in letting him down, possible influencing his decisions. (I hope my GM uses this and turns this friend into...something. Hero, Villain, Victim, whatever.)

His force field is a removable device implemented into his costume. It is not built with the removable flaw because a) points-wise there is not difference (5 points, -1 because removable, +1 because only usable by electricity generators) and b) I'd like to get a hero point whenever it gets stolen (or malfunctions because I get dropped into water).

Soooo yeah. That's a wall of text and I'd like to get feedback!

Why one rank of Defensive Roll? Defensive Roll increases Toughness by 1 for each rank of advantage. And with Dodge 12, there is not benefit to defensive roll when your force field is running.

Why is only usable by electicity generators +1? It could be a -1 quick. Or just a -0 flaw. But +1. Being limited to a certain group is rarely an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by jmucchiello View Post
      Why one rank of Defensive Roll? Defensive Roll increases Toughness by 1 for each rank of advantage. And with Dodge 12, there is not benefit to defensive roll when your force field is running.
      That's an error, thanks!
      (Explanation: I tinkered around with Defensive Roll + Force Field and it ended with Defensive Roll being set to 0. I thought the spreadsheet would remove it automatically, but while it did not add to the Toughness, it did cost me one point. So I can now put that somewhere else!)

Originally posted by jmucchiello View Post
      Why is only usable by electicity generators +1? It could be a -1 quick. Or just a -0 flaw. But +1. Being limited to a certain group is rarely an advantage.
      I think I mixed that up with 2E. There was a flat extra called "Restricted" which prevented your device to be used by someone else, things like Thor's hammer or Judge Dredd's pistol.
      Most of the time it's to a hero's advantage if his enemies cannot utilize his own weapons.
      I will leave the force field as a device by descriptor, not by flaws

Comment

I would call that a +0 since both your enemies and your allies cannot use the item.

Comment

Working...
        X