Roll20 Game - "Storm Chasers"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll20 Game - "Storm Chasers"

I'm GMing a game on Roll20 and wanted an extra pair of eyes on their builds to make sure the math is there and I'm not missing any big potential issues.
    Last edited by PolaronT2MRR; 12-04-2014, 11:14 AM.
    We are the future, Charles, not them. They no longer matter. - Magneto

Re: Roll20 Game - "Storm Chasers"

BEACON

Abilities 14pts
    Strength 0/12
    Stamina 0/8
    Agility 4
    Dexterity 0
    Fighting 0
    Intellect 1
    Awareness 2
    Presence 0

Powers 87pts
    Enhanced Strength 12
    >alt; Beacon Vision (light) ranged damage 8, accurate 6, affects insubstantial 2
    Enhanced Stamina 8
    Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 10
    Immunity 13 (life support,critical hits, aging)
    Regeneration 2 (source; sunlight)
    Flight Flight 8 (500mph)
    >alt; Speed 8, Quickness 8

Advantages 13pts
    Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Interpose, Move-by Action, All-out Attack, Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Benefit 4 (multi-millionaire), Languages (Valo'Kieli), Attractive

Skills 20pts
    Acrobatics 3 (+7), Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+8), Science 7 (+8), Insight 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+5), Technology 7 (+8), Treatment 4 (+5)

Defenses 16pts
    Dodge 7
    Parry 7
    Toughness 13
    Fortitude 8
    Will 8
    Last edited by PolaronT2MRR; 12-04-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

MERCURY

Abilities 34pts
      Strength 2
      Stamina 2
      Agility 3
      Dexterity 2
      Fighting 2
      Intellect 5
      Awareness 1
      Presence 0

Powers 36pts
      Morph 3 (humanoid)
      Immunity 2 (aging, sleep)
      Water Form (free action)
      > linked; Insubstantial 2 (subtle 2 looks normal)
      > linked; Regeneration 5 (every 2 rounds; requires source: water)
      > linked; Immunity 4 (disease, poison, suffocation (all))

Advantages 10pts
      Attractive 2, Connected, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Power Attack, Well-Informed, Equipment 2*

Skills 37pts
      Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat 13 (+15), Deception 4 (+4 ranks) (+9 vs people attracted to her), Expertise (Criminal Underworld) 2 (+7), Insight 2 (+5), Investigation 11 (+16), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+5) (+10 vs people attracted to her), Stealth +10 (7 ranks), Technology 15 (+20), Vehicles 2 (+4)

Defenses 33pts
      Dodge 15
      Parry 15
      Toughness 2
      Fortitude 6
      Will 5

*Equipment (10 equipment points)
      Warehouse by the Docks
      Toughness 6
      Size: Medium
      Communications, Computer, Dock, Garage, Gym (with heated pool), Living Space, Secret 1, Security System 1, Workshop
      Last edited by PolaronT2MRR; 12-04-2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

GROUND BREAKER

- forth coming
        Last edited by PolaronT2MRR; 12-04-2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

PULSE

Abilities 52pts
          Strength 3
          Stamina 5
          Agility 3
          Dexterity 3
          Fighting 0
          Intellect 10
          Awareness 3
          Presence 0

Powers 67pts
          Hazard Suit (hard to remove)20
          Immunity – life support
          Protection 5
          Impervious toughness 5
          Senses 4 – Environmental scan, acute, analytical
          Feature – on-board computer

Immunity – Electricity 10

Electrical Discharge – Array
          >Blast 5, Accurate 5 (+10), Increased range 1 (125/250/500), Precise 1
          >Damage 5, Accurate 5 (+10), Precise 1, Multiattack 1

Digital Interface
          >Communicate – radio (100’)4
          >Comprehend – machine/computers4

Super Speed
          >Speed 5 – 60 kph, 900’/round
          >Quickness 5
          >Improved initiative 5
          >Evasion 2 (+5 to dodge area effects)

Movement
          >Wall-crawling 2 (limited to while moving)
          >Water-walking 1 (limited to while moving)

Advantages 4pts
          Benefit – Wealth 2, Inventor, Speed of Thought

Skills 20pts
          Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 2 (+5), Expertise (Science) 10 (+20), Insight 4 (+7), Investigation 2 (+12), Perception 6 (+9), Technology 8 (+18), Treatment 2 (+12), Vehicles 4 (+7)

Defenses 7pts
          Dodge 10
          Parry 0
          Toughness 10
          Fortitude 5
          Will 3
          Last edited by PolaronT2MRR; 12-04-2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

FACET

- forth coming

Comment

So far you have 3 characters posted, and while they aren't quite all rich, good-looking inventors with superspeed, they each have three of those 4 aspects. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but you might want to talk to them about focusing on particular niches so they don't have a lot of team redundancy.

Presumably Beacon's Strength and "Beacon Vision" are based on the same descriptor since they are Alternate Effects of each other, so if anything manages to Nullify one of those, it will take out both. Also, while using the Blast, his STR will drop down to 0, and he can only switch AE slots once per round as a Free Action, so there may be brief periods when he would be completely vulnerable to Grabs or other Strength-resisted attacks. As an alternative to lots of Accuracy ranks, might I suggest making Beacon Vision a Perception Range attack that automatically hits anything he sees?

Mercury actually has only 36p in skills, so she has a point leftover. Keep in mind that she can't attack or even pick things up in her Water Form, although ignoring physical attacks is good compensation. Then again, who'd want to hit her if she's so pretty?

Pulse has really low defenses against anything that isn't Ranged Damage attacks. I'm guessing he did those last, which is a common mistake when building PCs. He's also 10p over, presumably due to that Electrical Immunity. I'm not quite sure what the Environmental Scanner is meant to detect, but it seems to be priced right to detect something at range with a lot of detail. I'd recommend considering making at least one of the electrical attacks target Fortitude so that it overcomes Impervious or armored foes; that could be Damage with a Alternate Resistance (Fort) or a Stun-type Affliction. Overall, he might want to pick something to specialize in since he's overspent his points and still has bad defense. Personally, I'd tone down the suit and inventor aspects and stick with the electrical powers and machine communication, but it's not my PC.
              My old [URL="http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=743877#p743877"]Atomic Think Tank[/URL] thread
              My current character thread: [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/6194-The-Sound-of-My-Eyebeams-JDRook-s-builds-and-blather?p=233536&viewfull=1#post233536"]The Sound of my Eyebeams[/URL][URL="http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=743877#p743877"]
              [/URL]
              I will build characters in HeroLab for you! Send me [URL="https://www.fiverr.com/jdrook/transcribe-a-mutants-and-masterminds-pc-in-herolab?funnel=6e71f15f-207e-49f4-bf35-9ceb23b979a7"]your finished design[/URL] or even [URL="https://www.fiverr.com/jdrook/create-a-mutants-and-masterminds-pc-in-herolab?context=advanced_search&context_type=rating&funnel=2014103117123522519608360"]your original concept[/URL]!

Comment

Working...
              X