My Dream House

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dream House

PCs & NPC I use for gaming. Themed and heavy-backgrounded and face-forward.

The 1st is The Champ, because, well, he's the easiest. A straight-forward Powerhouse-Grappler. Southern taint and anything goes.

Critiques are welcomed.

THE CHAMP

PERSONAL DATA

Alter Ego: Luther Hodges
    Species: Mutant
    Aliases: The Indisputed, King of the Ring, Big Daddy Thump
    Marital Status: Married
    Known Relatives: Mary Daniels-Hodges (wife), Robert & Anne Hodges (parents)
    Group Affiliations: None
    Base of Operations: Emerald City
    First Appearance: Emerald City Knights #1
    Height: 6'10"
    Weight: 610 lbs.
    Hair: Bald
    Eyes: Red

HISTORY
    Robert Hodges had a son. Plain and simple, 'nuff said'. All he wanted was a son to nurture, teach, and maybe one day be President of the United States.

Luther was the unexpected other.

The younger Hodges never met a trouble he didn't like and kept his folks up many a night bailing him out of messes, discipling him to the point of exhaustion, and debating their own parental sanity. Everytime, Luther emerged from the situation shining like a new penny. The kid was resilient - had to give to give him that, right? Stole the school prinicipal's pick-up his junior year to buy beer with an illegal I.D.

Yep.

Only thing Luther would sit still for was Professional Wrestling. Stared down the TV like a madman, yelling and dancing around like a dervish with each match. You'd think he had money on it and no one around town would deny he didn't. That and working out with weights in the yard - the Hodges' yard was a cacophany of burnt-out vehicles, demi-disabled appliances, and free weights on semi-rusted-out racks. Luther would pump-out 300+ pound lifts into the wee hours of the night. Beer bottles nearby.

Then the try-outs. Pro Wrestling was looking for new talent and Luther was all in. He went to the city and caused such a ruckus they called the police to feel safe when he stalked around the ring after matches. He could do things. I mean like no one they had ever seen. He had three dates with wrestling staffers before they could produce a contract for him. Everybody knew superhumans were involved in the sport - hell, they ran the sport.

But, NOBODY had ever done in the ring what Luther Hodges could do. He was Jesus-God come off the cross and angry at the hammers.

In no time, Luther smashed away the contenders and champion alike to seize (more like gently take) the Championship Belt. Most people in and around the sport refused to look him in the eyes for fear of getting slapped across a stadium. Announcers (now this's marketing folks) would read the letters from his mother to build his fanbase - but it was really to pacify that monster wearing the belt. Luther was indomitable. Like a hurricane with no sense of direction. It was silliness, yall.

Then Luther looks around at the world one day and says (something like), "I can do all this and people still sufferin' everywhere - I should do more. I should help people."

Just like that our boy's a superhero. Aint that how it happens?

So, Luther, the reigning Pro Wrestling Champion that could scare the wet off a raindrop with a stare, decided to fight crime or terrorism or. You know. The TV fanfare was unexpectedly polite and LOUD (he was the Champion, so why not). Press conferences where a small-town hero confronted big-city media with mandates and edicts. Kinda like Andy Griffin wanting to change the world and meeting the D.C. press.

He's somewhere doing something right now. Maybe stealing the mayor's pick-up.

Motivations:
    Doing Good (Heroism comes first)
    Greed (Professionals get paid)
    Recognition (They must always know "I'm The Champ!")
    Complications:
    Accident (fights tend to endanger bystanders)
    Fame (TV celeb)
    Quirk (must use The Flatline to 'finish' opponents)
    Quirk (battlecry; "Get Some!")
    Quirk (enjoys showing-off to crowds)
    Relationship (wife)
    Responsibility (World Wrestling Alliance)
    Rivalry (wrestlers)
    Temper (gets nasty when people say Pro Wrestling is fake)

POWERS & WEAPONS
    PL10, 150 Points
    FGT 0, STR 12, STA 12, AGI 2, DEX 0, INT -1, AWA 0, PRE 7 (24pp)

DG 6, PR 8, TG 12, FR 12, WL 5 (17pp)

Offenses: +12 Initiative; Close: +8, DC27; Grab: +8, DC27; Ranged: +4, DC(weight rank + 15); Flatline: +8, DC22 vs. STA, grab-based; Mega-Punch: +8, DC22

Powers: (69pp)
    Mutant Physiology: Enhanced Trait 35; +10 STR, +10 STA, Impervious Toughness, & Enhanced Trait 3; +3 STR, Limited to lifting, Tiring (53pp)
    Flatline: Weaken 12; Agility, resisted by STA, alternate resistance, distracting, Grab-based (6pp)
    Mega-Punch!: Move Object 12; close, damaging, alternate effect, distracting, limited (away from King; 1pp)
    Airborne: Leaping 7; 1,000' (7pp)
    Super-Climb: Movement 2; Wall-crawling 2, alternate effect, limited (excludes glass surfaces; 1pp)
    Combat Sense: Senses 3; visual; Detect Damaged Condition 2 (ranged), Analytical, Innate, Free Action (1pp)

Advantages: Attractive 2, Benefit (Well-Off), Chokehold, Connected (entertainment industry), Daze (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Interpose, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Set-Up, Skill Mastery (Intimidation) (20pp)

Skills: Athletics (+12), Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+8), Deception (+7/+12), Expertise: Wrestling 6 (+5), Insight 5 (+5), Intimidation 8 (+15), Perception 8 (+8), Persuasion (+7/+12), Ranged Combat:Throwing 4 (+4), Technology 6 (+5; Limited to Auto Mechanics) (45 ranks; 20pp)

World-Class Wrestling: (some combat maneuvers)
    The Flatline (Finishing-Move; falling-Powerslam from at least 100')
    Clothesline (Charge followed by upper-body attack)
    Slam (Grab-based throw into ground; Free action)
    Powerslam (Grab-based Leaping Slam Attack into ground)
    Sleeper Hold (Grab-based Chokehold from behind)
    Spear (Slam Attack to the abdomen)
    Irish Whip (Grab-based horizontal throw; Free action)
    Head/Arm/Leg Lock (Grab-based Chokehold/submission hold)
    Elbow Drop (Falling elbow attack)
    Chop (upper-body hand-slap attack)
    Rake (Hand attack to eyes)
    Splash (Leaping Slam Attack)
    Suplex (Grab-based reverse Powerslam)
    Piledriver (Grab-based inverted Powerslam)
    Full Nelson (Grab-based Chokehold/submission hold from behind)

Weapons: None
    Equipment: None
    Headquarters: None
    Last edited by dream; 01-24-2015, 05:12 PM. Reason: Fixes
    [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1243-My-Dream-House"]My Dream House[/URL]

Re: My Dream House

A good start. I like that you have all of his Complications first. Focus on the character can make the roleplaying that much more fun. His numbers don't quite work out, though, and you might want to change around some of his abilities, too.

I see you went with buying his Unarmed Combat skill and Parrying separately. That can work for some characters if you're saving points, but the thing about Unarmed Combat is that it doesn't include your Grab bonus, and as a wrestler he's going to want to have that. I would recommend going with the full Fighting 10 to cover all your bases.

If you wanted to save points, you might want to drop all of the Power-Lifting ranks. Without those, at STR 10, he can already lift 25 tons, so he can juggle pickup trucks one-handed if he wanted to. With them he's strong enough to pick up 100,000 tons, which is about the size of the biggest oil tankers or cruise ships. I don't know if you want him that strong, and the only reason I can think that you might is that it puts him just one rank below the official builds for Superman or Captain Marvel.

I'm not sure how you're doing the math for Relentless. It looks like a 80p Effect with 1 Flaw, and there's no way that comes out to 10p.

I actually like the Combat Sense build, although the DC is too high to work with your skills. It should probably have Acute on it as well so that he can read different damage conditions, and you might want to drop the DC to 15, which would still leave it costing 1p.

All in all, a good first character. Hope you have more to come!
    My old [URL="http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=743877#p743877"]Atomic Think Tank[/URL] thread
    My current character thread: [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/6194-The-Sound-of-My-Eyebeams-JDRook-s-builds-and-blather?p=233536&viewfull=1#post233536"]The Sound of my Eyebeams[/URL][URL="http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=743877#p743877"]
    [/URL]
    I will build characters in HeroLab for you! Send me [URL="https://www.fiverr.com/jdrook/transcribe-a-mutants-and-masterminds-pc-in-herolab?funnel=6e71f15f-207e-49f4-bf35-9ceb23b979a7"]your finished design[/URL] or even [URL="https://www.fiverr.com/jdrook/create-a-mutants-and-masterminds-pc-in-herolab?context=advanced_search&context_type=rating&funnel=2014103117123522519608360"]your original concept[/URL]!

Comment

Originally posted by JDRook View Post
      A good start. I like that you have all of his Complications first. Focus on the character can make the roleplaying that much more fun. His numbers don't quite work out, though, and you might want to change around some of his abilities, too.

I see you went with buying his Unarmed Combat skill and Parrying separately. That can work for some characters if you're saving points, but the thing about Unarmed Combat is that it doesn't include your Grab bonus, and as a wrestler he's going to want to have that. I would recommend going with the full Fighting 10 to cover all your bases.
      Totally missed the Grab aspect. I'll change that.

If you wanted to save points, you might want to drop all of the Power-Lifting ranks. Without those, at STR 10, he can already lift 25 tons, so he can juggle pickup trucks one-handed if he wanted to. With them he's strong enough to pick up 100,000 tons, which is about the size of the biggest oil tankers or cruise ships. I don't know if you want him that strong, and the only reason I can think that you might is that it puts him just one rank below the official builds for Superman or Captain Marvel.
      The power-lifting was an impulse buy. I can drop that and shift points elsewhere.

I'm not sure how you're doing the math for Relentless. It looks like a 80p Effect with 1 Flaw, and there's no way that comes out to 10p.
      It's broken: I made it a Free Action, vs. the No action that Immunity usually is. Thing here is, it is Sustained and that kind of makes the power a Free Action by default. The Side Effect, which was the best way I knew to express how the power works, is -2 ranks to the cost if the flaw operates when the power is used properly. -1 rank for the FRee action & -2 for the Side Effect: 80 to 40 to 20 to 10. Since the Free action doesn't work, that leaves it at -2 rank flaw, which drops the cost to paying 1 pt. for every 3 ranks(?)

I was way off and will rework it. Good eye!

I actually like the Combat Sense build, although the DC is too high to work with your skills. It should probably have Acute on it as well so that he can read different damage conditions, and you might want to drop the DC to 15, which would still leave it costing 1p.
      Thanks because I was worried about it seeming kind of "Meta" or cheesy. Would it be adding Acute or Analytical or both? I'll drop the DC as well.

All in all, a good first character. Hope you have more to come!
      Thank you, MrJDRook and yes, adding another tonight once I finish her up.

Comment

I had this idea of an old (very old) Catholic priest (more of a Pluralist cleric, really) travelling around with an angel. They fight supernatural crime & stuff. If anyone would take offense to certain references I can change those aspects.

Reviews are welcomed.

ABADDON

PERSONAL DATA

Alter Ego: Abaddon
        Species: Extraterrestrial
        Aliases: Abbie
        Marital Status: Single
        Known Relatives: None
        Group Affiliations: The Catholic Church (loosely)
        Base of Operations: None
        First Appearance: ?
        Height: 4'
        Weight: 80 lbs.
        Hair: Black
        Eyes: Black

HISTORY
        Heraclea, 280 B.C.

Greek armies battle relentlessly against an invincible Roman force, winning as they lose. In the wake of a terrible slaughter drawn across miles, Abbie appears to save a righteous soul; Nicodemous Aggrippa Piso. Following his divine command, Abbie rescues the rattled cleric from the fields of death, bringing him into the light.

Therafter, the two travel time and space over the Earth, challenging the deepest, darkest evils as they fight to preserve Humanity. All the while, Abbie watches, ever vigilant and always prepared to execute the 'Grand Order' that wipes entire cities from the planet forever.

POWERS & WEAPONS
        P10, 150 Points
        FGT: 0, STR: 10, STA: 10, AGI: 10, DEX: 0, INT: -2, AWA: 0, PRE: 0 (+4pp)

DG: 10, PR: 10, TG: 10, FR: 10, WL: 10 (0pp)
        Hero Points: 0
        Motivations:
        • Doing Good (HIS will be done)
        • Responsibility (Humankind)

Complications:
        • Enemy (Supernatural evil)
        • Disability (Only speaks 'Angelic tongue')
        • Hatred (Supernatural evil)
        • Honor (Angelic codex; similar to the Warrior's code)
        • Identity (Secret)
        • Obsession (Locating & defeating supernatural evil)
        • Quirks (doesn't talk, impatient, dislikes technology)
        • Relationship (with Nic)
        • Responsibility (to a 'Higher Power')
        • Rivalry (Supernatural evil)
        • Secret (Abbie is the "angel of God, Abaddon, the Destroyer")
        • Temper (blasphemy sets him off)
        • Weakness (Unholy ground; Impaired)

Offenses: +14 Initiative; Close: +10, DC25; Ranged: +10, DC25; Wrath of Heaven, DC25 (x2!)
        Powers: (124pp)
        • Divinity: Enhanced Trait 50; +10 STR, +10 STA, +10 AGI, +10 PR, +10 WL & Immunity 11; Life Support, Aging & Regeneration 5; -1 Damaged Condition every other round, Persistent (97pp)

(23-pp Divine array; 27pp)
        • Tongues: Comprehend 5; Free Action, Animals, Languages, Plants, Spirits 2, Dynamic Effect (2/3pp)
          Wings of Heaven: Flight 11; 4K MPH/8 miles per round, Dynamic (23pp)
        • Discernment: Senses 20; mental, Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Evil Awareness, Counters Concealment 5 (all), Danger Sense, Extended 4, Penetrates Concealment, Radius, Free Action, Dynamic Alternate Effect (2/6pp)
        • Salvation: Healing 15; Resurrection, Alternate Effect, Limited to Resurrection, Distracting (1/15pp)
        • Wrath of Heaven: Damage 10; Rank-ranged/radius, Penetrating 10, Secondary Effect (burning), Alternate Effect, Limited to Inorganic matter, Unreliable (2 times daily), Distracting, Tiring, Slow (takes 5 rounds to perform), Quirk (Brilliant light & Horrific sound effects at rank range; -5pp) (1/5pp)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Favored Environment (Holy ground), Fearless, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon, Interpose, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Sidekick 4 (Nic), Takedown (14pp)
        Skills: Close Combat: Unarmed 10 (+10), Expertise: Angelic Law 7 (+5), Perception 10 (+10), Ranged Combat: Throwing 5 (+5) (32 ranks; 16pp)
        Equipment: None

NIC

PERSONAL DATA

Alter Ego: Nicodemus Aggrippa Piso
        Species: Human
        Aliases: Pastor Nic
        Marital Status: Widowed
        Known Relatives: Amyra Piso (wife, deceased), Jonas & Theria Piso (parents, deceased), (numerous deceased relatives)
        Group Affiliations: None
        Base of Operations: mobile
        First Appearance: ?
        Height: 6'
        Weight: 170 lbs.
        Hair: Black
        Eyes: Blue

HISTORY
        At the Roman assault on Heraclea during 280 B.C., many of the legion fell under Greek swords. The battlefield was overrun with corpses, some yet half-alive. Through the tumbled sea of bodies, Nicodemus Aggrippa Piso, a cleric of Sol, sun god of the legion, wandered searching for survivors and those worthy of the Final Rite (which would usher them into Sol's presence for judgement). While administering the Rite, Greek soldiers closed on the cleric, but a brilliant light flashed from above, causing all remaining troops on both sides to fall dead!

In the wake of the light was a small boy, first standing, then tracing his way through the fallen half-flesh, half-iron bodies sprawled across many acres of blood-soaked grassland. The boy found Piso and led him away from the carnage and to a high cliff overlooking the sea. Then, a great voice echoed throughout the cleric's mind, explaining in an instant how Mankind itself was a wide sea only the wise could navigate. With the proper guidance. Nicodemus collapsed and pledged himself to the moment, the boy, and whatever destiny the future revealed.

And what a revelation.

The cleric travelled with the 'boy' he came to call Abbie for centuries, back and forth across the known world, spreading a spiritual doctrine contrary to the materialist philosophy encircling the globe. The duo challenged and overcame horrors beyond human imagination, defying fear and even death to champion a power higher than the very best human intention.

Eventually, the two found themselves in a New World, the Americas, championing still the cause of righteousness in the face of a world growing colder still. Looking back nearly 2,000 years, Piso draws upon his immense experience to help guide Humanity back to itself - lest Abbie chooses judgement over mercy.

POWERS & WEAPONS
        PL4, 60 Points
        FGT: 0, STR: 1, STA: 0, AGI: 0, DEX: 0, INT: 0, AWA: 0, PRE: 0 (2pp)

DG: 4, PR: 4, TG: 4, FR: 4, WL: 4 (16pp)
        Hero Points: 0
        Motivations:
        • Doing Good (HIS will be done)
        • Responsibility (Humankind)
        • Acceptance (Pushing the faith)

Complications:
        • Enemy (Supernatural evil)
        • Honor (Heavenly codex)
        • Identity (Secret)
        • Obsession (Locating & defeating supernatural evil)
        • Power Loss (cannot perform 'Exorcism' while Restrained/Bound)
        • Quirks (talks a lot, prays a lot, quotes spiritual text)
        • Relationship (with Abbie)
        • Responsibility (Catholic church, loosely)
        • Rivalry (Supernatural evils & religious 'pretenders')
        • Secret (Nic is a 2000-year old Catholic cleric)
        • Secret (Nic knows the prayer to stop Abbie from bringing down the "Wrath of Heaven")

Offenses: +4 Initiative; Close: +0, DC16; Ranged: +0, DC16, Exorcism: Perception Area, DC13
        Powers: (3pp)
        • Blessed: Immunity 2; aging, disease (2pp)
        • Exorcism: Movement 3; Dimensional 3 (target's home dimension), Attack (vs. Will), Perception Area (auditory), Limited to Extradimensional evil entities, Distracting, Unreliable (only 5x daily), Tiring, Check Required 5 (DC15 Expertise: Theology) (1pp)

Advantages: Defensive Roll 4, Eidetic Memory, Equipment, Improved Initiative (7pp)
        Skills: Expertise: Theology 10 (+10), Expertise: World History 10 (+10; Limited to the last 2,000 years), Insight 5 (+5), Perception 5 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+5), Treatment 10 (+10) (45 ranks; 22pp)
        Equipment: Backpack (religious books, first-aid kit, flashlight, snacks)
        Last edited by dream; 11-05-2014, 09:02 AM. Reason: fixes

Comment

MARTIAL ARTS CODEX

Basic Self-Defense
          Description: The character has a limited natural, or learned, mastery of fighting-off attackers.
          Suggested Skills: Close Combat
          Suggested Advantages: All-Out Attack, Daze, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Prone Fighting
          Suggested Powers: None
          Suggested Complications: Any

Trained Expert
          Description: The character has received professional hand-to-hand combat training (i.e., cops, soldiers, security personnel)
          Suggested Skills: Athletics, Close Combat, Expertise (Profession), Insight, Intimidation, Ranged Combat (Guns)
          Suggested Advantages: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon, Interpose, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack, Set-Up, Startle, Takedown, Teamwork, Weapon Bind
          Suggested Powers: None
          Suggested Complications: Responsibility, Rivalry, Honor

Assassin
          Description: The character kills people. Plain and simple.
          Suggested Skills: Pretty much all of them at varied ranks.
          Suggested Advantages: Any of the Combat advantages, Assessment, Benefit (Cipher, Wealth), Equipment (extensive), Contacts, Daze, Favored Foe (the target), Languages, Startle, Taunt, Tracking
          Suggested Powers:
          • Death-Blow: Weaken X; Stamina, vs. Fortitude, Secondary Effect, Distracting, Easily-Removable (if a weapon), innate, Activation (Move action), Ranged (for ranged weapon)
          • Melee Combo: Damage X; Str-based, Multiattack, innate, Variabe Descriptor (Melee)

Suggested Complications: Greed, Enemy, Quirks, Responsibility (employer), Reputation, Rivalry

Boxer
          Description: The character is highly-skilled in one-on-one hand-to-hand combat
          Suggested Skills: Close Combat, Expertise (Profession), Insight, Intimidation,
          Suggested Advantages: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Daze, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab, Improved Critical, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown,
          Suggested Powers:
          • Combination: Damage X; Str-based, Multiattack, innate, Activation (Move action)
          • Bob & Weave: Enhanced Trait X; +X Parry, Standard action/Sustained, innate
          • Cover-Up: Protection X; Standard action/Sustained, innate

Suggested Complications: Fame, Quirks, Relationship, Responsibility, Rivalry, Temper

Aikido
          Description: The character can use an opponent's momentum against them.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Close Combat, Expertise (Discipline), Insight, Intimidation
          Suggested Advantages: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Redirect, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind
          Suggested Powers:
          • Untouchable: Immunity X; Close Attacks, Reflect, innate, Standard action/Sustained, Activation (Move action)
          • Combination: Damage X; Str-based, Multiattack, innate, Activation (Move action)
          • Throw: Move Object X; Close, Subtle, innate, Grab-based, Limited to away from master

Suggested Complications: Honor, Quirks

Bok Pai (Crane-style)
          Description: The character fights using maneuvers that resembled a bird.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Close Combat, Deception, Expertise (Discipline), Insight, Intimidation, Stealth
          Suggested Advantages: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Daze, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion 2, Fascinate (Martial Arts Expertise), Favored Environment (at a height), Improved Critical, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack, Startle, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge
          Suggested Powers:
          • Chi-Jump: Leaping x; Check Required X (DCX Acrobatics)
          • Crane-Strike: Damage X; Str-based, Penetrating, innate
          • Sweeping Strikes: Damage X; Str-based, Multiattack, innate

Suggested Complications: Honor, Quirks, Power Loss (indoors limits leaping)

Centipede-style Kung Fu
          Description: The character is a master of blinding-fast martial execution.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Close Combat, Deception, Expertise (Discipline), Insight, Intimidation, Sleight of Hand, Stealth
          Suggested Advantages: Any combat advantage, Agile Feint, Assessment, Daze, Extraordinary Effort, Instant Up, Interpose
          Suggested Powers:
          • Lightning-Strikes: Damage X; Str-based, Multiattack, Subtle, innate
          • Spinning Block: Deflect X; Close, innate, Limited to mobile & spinning around
          • Sting-Strike: Weaken X; Stamina, vs. Fortitude, Progressive, Distracting, innate
          • Hyper-Fast: Movement X; Slithering, Sure-Footed, innate & Speed 4, innate

Suggested Complications: Thrills, Quirks, Temper

Cha Chuan
          Description: The character has mastered the technique of leaping attacks; standard engagement begins with a leap, then multiple attacks, and finishes with a retreating leap.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Close Combat, Deception, Expertise (Discipline), Expertise (Wilderness Survival), Insight, Intimidation
          Suggested Advantages: All-Out Attack, Evasion 2, Improved Critical, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improvised Weapon, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown, Weapon Break
          Suggested Powers:
          • Chi-Jump: Leaping x; Check Required X (DCX Acrobatics), innate
          • Chi-Strikes: Damage X; Str-based, Multiattack, innate
          • Hardened-skin: Protection X; innate and Immunity X; cold, heat, Limited to half effect, innate

Suggested Complications: Hatred, Honor, Quirks, Rivalry, Temper, Power Loss (indoors limits leaping)

Ch'in'na
          Description: The character is a master of grappling and submission holds.
          Suggested Skills: Athletics, Close Combat, Deception, Expertise (Discipline), Insight, Intimidation
          Suggested Advantages: Assessment, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Startle, Weapon Bind
          Suggested Powers:
          • Submission Hold: Affliction X; vs. Parry & overcome by Will, Dazed/Compelled, Cumulative, Grab-based, Limited Degree, innate
          • Bone-breaker: Affliction X; vs. Parry & Overcome by Fortitude, Physically-Impaired/Physically-Disabled, Continuous, Limited Degree, Grab-based, innate
          • Master Grappler: Immunity 5; Grabs, Limited to half effect, innate

Suggested Complications: -

Choy Li Fut
          Description: The character is mastered in delivering multiple attacks against multiple opponents.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Close Combat, Expertise (Discipline), Intimidation
          Suggested Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Takedown, Weapon Break
          Suggested Powers:
          • Attack Flurry: Damage X; Str-based, Area-Burst (vs. Parry), innate
          • Sweeping Block: Deflect X; Close, innate
          • Bear Stance: Enhanced Trait X: +X Intimidation, Standard action/Instant

Suggested Complications: Temper

Drunken-Monkey
          Description: The character feigns intoxication to confuse opponents.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Close Combat, Deception, Expertise (Discipline), Expertise (Alcohol), Insight, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand, Stealth
          Suggested Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Fast Grab, Favored Environment (bar), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Interpose, Prone Fighting, Redirect, Trance, Daze, Fascinate, Taunt, Weapon Bind
          Suggested Powers:
          • Stumbling: Enhanced Trait X; +X Dodge & Parry, Move action/Sustained

Suggested Complications: Thrills, Accident, Addiction, Quirks, Reputation

Frog-style Kung Fu
          Description: The character has mastered a hyper-agile fighting form.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Close Combat, Deception, Expertise (Discipline), Insight, Sleight of Hand, Stealth
          Suggested Advantages: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Daze, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Instant Up, Interpose, Move-by Action, Redirect, Takedown, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge
          Suggested Powers:
          • Frog-Leap: Leaping X; innate
          • Hyper-Agility: Movement X; Environmental Adaptation (Wet conditions, underwater), Safe Fall, Slithering, Sure-Footed, Wall-Crawling 2, innate
          • Amphibious: Immunity X; underwater suffocation, poison, Limited to half effect, innate

Suggested Complications: Doing Good, Honor, Power Loss (open outdoor areas limit Hyper-Agility), Quirks, Responsibility, Weakness (extreme heat can Weaken abilities)

Fu Chiao Pai/Tiger Claw
          Description: The character aggressively-engages foes with powerful kicks and claw-like strikes.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Close Combat, Expertise (Discipline), Expertise (Wilderness Survival), Intimidation
          Suggested Advantages: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown, Weapon Break
          Suggested Powers:
          • Fierce Attack: Damage X; Str-based, Multiattack, innate
          • Tiger Claw: Damage X; Str-based, Penetrating, innate
          • Battle-hardened: Protection X; innate

Suggested Complications: Quirks, Rivalry, Temper

Horse/Toad-Style Kung Fu
          Description: The character's body has been become a near-invincible weapon.
          Suggested Skills: Athletics, Close Combat, Expertise (Discipline), Intimidation
          Suggested Advantages: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Takedown, Weapon Break
          Suggested Powers:
          • Invincible: Immunity X; Toughness effects, Sustained, innate
          • Power-Strike: Damage X; Str-based, Penetrating, innate

Suggested Complications: Honor, Quirks, Rivalry, Secret (Weakness), Temper, Weakness (body has weak spot that isn't invincible)

H'warang Do
          Description: The character is accomplished in the analysis and engagement of single or multiple foes.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Close Combat, Expertise (Discipline), Insight, Intimidation, Ranged Combat
          Suggested Advantages: Any combat; Agile Feint, Assessment, Chokehold, Daze, Fascinate (Expertise), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Instant Up, Interpose, Move-by Action, Startle
          Suggested Powers:
          • Martial Awareness: Senses X; visual; accurate, acute, analytical, detect Fighting style, Free action
          • Counter-Attack: Deflect X; Close, Reflect, Redirect, innate
          • Flurry Attack: Damage X; Str-based, Multiattack, innate
          • Chi-Jab: Affliction X; vs. Parry & overcome by Fortitude, Physically-Impaired/Stunned, Limited Degree

Suggested Complications: Honor, Quirks, Responsibility

Jujitsu
          Description: The character is a master of defeating foes by any means possible.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Close Combat, Deception, Expertise (Discipline), Insight, Intimidation, Perception, Persuasion, Ranged Combat, Sleight of Hand, Stealth
          Suggested Advantages: Any of the combat advantages; Agile Feint, Assessment, Daze, Equipment, Instant Up, Startle, Taunt
          Suggested Powers:
          • Blinding Attack: Affliction X; vs. Dodge & overcome by Perception, Visually-Impaired/Visually-Disabled/Visually-Unaware, Reach 2, Subtle, Limited to having blinding substance (dirt, mud, hot coffee, ect.), innate
          • Submission Hold: Affliction X; vs. Parry & overcome by Will, Dazed/Compelled, Cumulative, Grab-based, Limited Degree, innate
          • Bone-breaker: Affliction X; vs. Parry & Overcome by Fortitude, Physically-Impaired/Physically-Disabled, Continuous, Limited Degree, Grab-based, innate
          • Dirty Blow: Affliction X; vs. Parry & overcome by Fortitude, Dazed/Stunned, Subtle, Limited Degree, innate

Suggested Complications: Justice, Thrills/Greed, Quirks, Reputation

Karate
          Description: The character has mastered the art of complete self-defense.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Close Combat, Expertise, Insight, Intimidation
          Suggested Advantages: any combat advantage, Agile Feint, Assessment, Instant Up, Startle
          Suggested Powers:
          • Power-Strike: Damage X; Str-based, Penetrating, innate
          • Combination Strikes: Damage X; Str-based, Multiattack, innate

Suggested Complications: Doing Good/Justice, Honor, Responsibility, Rivalry

Moo Gi Gong
          Description: The character is a master of improvised armed-combat.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Deception, Expertise, Insight, Intimidation, Perception
          Suggested Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment, Improved Critical, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack, Takedown, Throwing Mastery, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break
          Suggested Powers:
          • Weapon Mastery: Damage X; Str-based, Multiattack, Variable Descriptor (Melee), Reach, innate, Easily-Removable
          • Armed Parry: Deflect X; Close, Reflect, Redirect, innate, Easily-Removable
          • Marksman: Damage X; Ranged, Variable Descriptor (Projectiles), Innate, Easily-Removable
          • Ranged Parry: Deflect X; innate, Easily-Removable

Suggested Complications: Honor, Power Loss (Weaponless), Quirks, Rivalry

Ninjitsu
          Description: The character has mastered the art of Invisibility.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Deception, Expertise, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation, Perception, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Technology
          Suggested Advantages: any Combat advantage, Assessment, Equipment, Instant Up, Daze, Hide in Plain Sight, Startle, Tracking
          Suggested Powers:
          • Shadow-Walk: Movement X; Environmental Adaptation (darkness), Safe Fall, Sure-Footed, Trackless 3 (visual, olfactory, auditory), Wall-Crawling, innate
          • Invisibility: Concealment X; visual, Blending, innate, Removable (outfit)
          • Shadow-born: Senses X; Darkvision, Danger Sense, innate

Suggested Complications: Responsibility, Enemy, Identity, Reputation, Rivalry

Shaolin Kung Fu
          Description: The character is a master of the universal principles of form and motion.
          Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Expertise, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand, Stealth
          Suggested Advantages: Any combat advantage, any Fortune advantage, Agile Feint, Animal Empahy, Assessment, Daze, Fascinate, Fearless, Great Endurance, Instant Up, Interpose, Trance
          Suggested Powers:
          • Dragon Wings: Leaping X; innate & Flight 1; Levitation, innate
          • 10,000 Winds: Damage X; Str-based, Multiattack, innate
          • Dragon Punch: Move Object X; Close, Damaging, Subtle, Limited to away from master
          • Oneness: Senses X; mental, accurate, acute, analytical, Life Awareness, Counters Concealment, Counters Illusion, Danger Sense, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended, Radius, innate

Suggested Complications: Doing Good, Responsibility, Honor, Relationship, Rivalry

Sumo
          Description:The character has become an indomitable wrestler.
          Suggested Skills: Close Combat, Expertise, Insight, Intimidation
          Suggested Advantages: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Daze, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved grab, Improved Hold, Interpose, Power Attack, Startle
          Suggested Powers:
          • Massive Build: Protection X; innate
          • Power-Strike: Damage X; Str-based, Penetrating

Suggested Complications: Honor, Quirks, Temper

brain-cramped. More later.
          Last edited by dream; 11-19-2014, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Great stuff! I like your takes on the submission holds and others grappling techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by ronyon View Post
              Great stuff! I like your takes on the submission holds and others grappling techniques.
              Thank you, Ronyon

Comment

What I have so far with my "Horror-Ghost Girl" concept, 2nd Ed.:

KABUKI
                PL: 10 (150 pts)

ORIGIN:
                In an upper middle class district of New Orleans, Dr. Miro Yōjin labored the life of a family man. He spoiled his lovely wife, Hanu, and worshiped "his little mouse", Mausu, his daughter, spending all of his spare time with them. Which wasn't much. Yōjin, a nuclear engineer, found many of his days beginning & ending at Shinjota Industries, an engineering conglomerate composed of several smaller tech companies falling under the aegis of the Lau Corporation. Despite his relentless work schedule, Miro hoped of a better day where he ran his own business that would provide his family the things of their dreams.

Professionally, Dr. Yōjin found himself exposed to experimental equipment designed to manage radioactive materials, which brought a serious health risk. But, Miro embraced the threat with a personal philosophy of 'risk equal reward'. Sadly, in the words of George Bernard Shaw, "Science never solves a problem without creating ten more." Dr. Yōjin fell terribly-ill one morning and lapsed into a deep coma within an hour of reaching New Orleans Memorial hospital. Days later the city's finest physicians diagnosed Miro with an unusual form of radiation-sickness which disrupted his body's natural biorhythm. Outside of that, they had no useful answers, only more questions.

Mausu was distraught. She found herself wandering the streets day and night trying to comprehend how such a terrible fate had fallen on her family. On her father, whome she loved beyond words. One night, Mausu realized she had lost track of time and the day had passed while she walked the city aimlessly. She saw a man following her and quickened her pace, only to nearly run into the mysterious person a block later! Frightened and on-guard, Mausu tensed as the stranger told the young woman things she could not believe. Things beyond her understanding and perhaps outside of any human reasoning. Things about her, and what she will soon do. Coupled with her father's state, this new revelation, true or no, was too much and Mausu dashed away into the night, the enigmatic stranger falling into the shadows.

The Yōjin household fell into immediate chaos, with Hanu succumbing to a deep depression which led to her having an affair. Bills mounted, the house fell into disrepair, Hanu had all but left. With Miro gone, the consistency of their family crumbled ---- except for Mausu. In the rain or snow or roaring winter winds, Mausu would travel across the city to be by her father's side. She would hold his hand for hours. For days. Trying to draw him back to a reality fate was desperately trying to steal from Miro Yōjin. Even after her mother abandoned them and Mausu had nearly reached the bottom of the family savings, Miro's "little mouse" didn't waver. She was determined to drag her father back to her.

Except. One night while returning home for a quick change of clothes and more books (both father and daughter enjoyed 'Horror Manga' so she would read the comatose patriarch those stories). A group of hoodlums surprised Mausu in the park, surrounding her. What they wanted she could care less about. Money. Sex. Thrills. Their taunts and threats fell on her like dead air. They meant nothing to her and at that moment being separated from her father by these idiots, Mausu wished they would burn. Burn to ash and the ash sizzle to charred vapors.

The screams began first, then the young thugs began running and falling down and rolling and. Well, they went insane. Somehow for some unknown reason. Their hopeless cries echoed across the semi-dark park out into the night and no one came to help them. No one saw. Except Mausu. She saw the boys become stiff with shock, their faces frozen in terror. Their bodies twitched oddly and the night wind shook nearby branches. The scene itself had become real-life horror manga. And at the center standing still, eyes gleaming shadow and light, was Mausu. She knew she had done this. She had brought her inner turmoil to life. She had burned them. With a fire only they could see. A fire inside their minds. She looked down at her hands, shaking and sweaty against the cool evening air.

She had done this.

Within months, New Orleans had assumed the ragged form of a police state. Criminals ran rampant, both human and superhuman, with little regard for the law. With no effective police presence, the city was naked to the assault of evil and the public huddled indoors to avoid becoming victims. A war was building in New Orleans, with both sides waiting for the other to mount an major offensive. Waiting for someone to blink.

Dr. Miro Yōjin blinked.

Then he blinked again and moved ever so slightly under his covers. And his "little mouse", gripping his hand, cried as the skinny nuclear engineer who liked spoiling his daughter awoke. He found Mausu's eyes and said, "私の小さなネズミ(my little mouse). I was crawling, wandering through the darkness. Lost. Blind. Afraid. Then, a light. I saw a light and went towards it. I found a small but brilliant window in the stark cold of Nothingness. Then a hand emerged from the light. A small, fragile-looking hand. I reached for it and it pulled me, this little hand. I did not think this small a thing could have such power. But, it pulled me from the darkness, out into the light. I blinked at its brilliance and looked down at the small hand. With small fingers. This mouse's hand that guided me back to this place. Your hand, my Mausu. You have brought me home. You have saved me by refusing to let go."

And Mausu Yōjin smiled her tears away.

She had done this.

初め (The Beginning)

COMPLICATIONS:
                Acceptance: I'm really here to help
                Goodness: Always do the right thing
                Thrills: Scaring bad people is fun
                Accident: Sometimes scared people do crazy things
                Obsession: TV! Movies! Magazines! Clothes! Electronics! Dancing!
                Derangement: The more she uses her powers, more detached from reality she becomes
                Relationship: Dad!
                Secret: Kabuki is my other side

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, CONSTITUTION 12, DEXTERITY 16, INTELLIGENCE 15, WISDOM 17, CHARISMA 14

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Computers 6 (+8), Disguise 8 (+10), Knowledge: Current Events 3 (+5), Knowledge: Pop Culture 3 (+5), Language 1 [English; Japanese = native], Medicine 3 (+5), Notice 3 (+3), Perform: Dancing 4 (+6), Stealth 2 (+5), Swim 7 (+5)

FEATS: Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll 4, Evasion, Fascinate [Perform], Fearless, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Second Chance [Mind Control]

POWERS:
                "Psikosis": 44-pp Dynamic magical array;
                • "Nightmare": Illusion 10; all senses, Feats; progression 3 [50' radius], dynamic effect, Extras; selective, distracting (44pp)
                • "Horror": Emotion Control 10; vs. Will, Shaken/Frightened/Panicked, Feats; dynamic alternate effect, Flaws; Limited [Fear] (2/11pp)
                • "Whispers": Senses 4; mental; Mental Awareness, accurate, acute, extended 2, radius, Feat; dynamic alternate effect (2/4pp)
                • "Thought-Eater": Mind Reading 10; Feats; dynamic alternate effect, Extras; area, Flaws; feedback, limited by language & Communication 3; mental, 1,000', Feats; selective, subtle, dynamic alternate effect, Extras; area (2/13pp)
                • "Spectral": Concealment 10; all senses except tactile, Feats; selective, dynamic alternate effect, Flaws; limited [excludes the vision of small children & animals], passive (2/6pp)
                • "Incorporeal": Insubstantial 4; affected by Magic, Feats; dynamic alternate effect (2/20pp)
                • "Ghostwalker": Flight 5; 250 m.p.h., Feats; dynamic alternate effect (2/10pp)
                • "The Long Road": Super-Movement 2; Dimensional Movement 2 [Dreamland & The Dark Beyond], Feats; dynamic alternate effect (2/4pp)

DRAWBACKS:
                Power Loss: Magical attacks negate powers until effect ends.

EQUIPMENT: None

COMBAT:
                Initiative +11
                Attack: +3
                Defense: +10

SAVES:
                Reflex +10, Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +10, Dodge +7*/+5

Abilities 22 + Skills 10 (43 ranks) + Feats 13 + Powers 58 + Combat 26 + Saves 18 - Drawbacks 2 = 145/150

Comment

Wildman reporter meets Iceman!

WEATHER MAN
                  PL: 10 (150 pts)

ORIGIN:
                  The late, great Edward R. Murrow once said, "Fame is morally-neutral." Yeah, Roscoe, but it pays.

High over Twin Forks, the whirlwind-wildcat WTFN-Action News helicopter streaked hawk-like over our vibrant, sexy metropolis! Inside was hung-over ace-pilot, Igor "Sasha" Arefyev, working the stick like an angry cop at a peace rally. Mushed against the hatch trying to simultaneously film and hold his lunch down was my guy, hack-cameraman Michael "Mike" Budmeiser. Watson to my esteemed Dr. Holmes. Hutch to my Starsky. Frodo to my ---

"For cripes sake, get the !*!$!^@ shot, kid!", as tobacco smoke and cigarette ash burst across the cockpit.

Who am I, you ask? I'm the eye-in-the-sky. The man-on-the-street. Emmy award-winning (say it again slow) superstar-journalist, Richard J. Rogers! This is my city, my time, and my story.

Five months ago:

Funny thing is, it was the same kind of moment. The three amigos were sailing across the city chasing a runaway rig! 'Runaway' as in some crackhead jacked the 18-wheeler transport truck from Everstar Chemicals and has been speeding down the highway with about a hundred-thousand police cruisers in pursuit. Does "LLC" mean "Losing Lots a Cash"? 'Cuz that's what Everstar'll be doing if this rig jack-knifes on an expressway packed with cars. Not sure I've seen this many cops since Rodney King stepped out that Hyundai, and the police helo's trying to cut us off, but "Sasha" can fly this thing like Steven Segal can eat pizza. Cameraman Mike's gettin' it all via ENG and with whine of the helicopter's engine, you can barely hear him whimpering. We'll protect you, Mister Frodo.

Sasha banks again and I notice something: the rig doesn't have a funny white top --- it's open-air and carrying a crapload of milky liquid!

"Tell me Everstar Chemicals hasn't taken interest in the calcium demands of Twin Forks? What the hell is that?!?", I shout and take another toke, "We need a better shot! Sasha, come around again - BLIZHE!!"

The legendary Barbarian-King Theodore Roosevelt once said, "In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." Bully for you, Teddy. Bully for us all.

I grabbed hold of a seatbelt-thingy, grabbed the hatch release, yanked it open, and the blurry-fast, super-windy outside world a few hundred feet over a busy highway yawned loudly at me! Right at that moment, we bank again HARD and I roll towards the hatch, losing my still-smoking butt to the wind. Now. Get this. Next thing I know, I'm also airborne over the highway, falling through the mid-afternoon air towards forty tons of milk-carrying Perdition. All because I instinctively went after my dropped cigarette. If I survive, this'll be perhaps the most-epic tale ever told of one man's relentless love for nicotine.

SPLOOOOSH.

Fortunately (?), I land in the "milk pool"! Yay me, right? Except this isn't any kind of terrestrial dairy product. It smells like Hell itself and man it's cold. Cold like. Like.

TLR. Edit point.

Long story short, I wake up at the city morgue soaking-wet. Apparently, once the truck jack-knifed, the "milk" and I washed out over the highway. I was frozen so solid, they knew I was dead and brought me where corpses go. But, I lived! I get home, curl-up with the Beefeater, and watch Richard J. Rogers diving heroically after that Pall Mall over and over and over. It led, on everything! Even national/AP ran with it! You were right, Mr. President. Bully for me.

Then the freezing thing. Unusual. Inconvenient. Socially-awkward. My shrink thought I had finally lost it, until I turned his office into Santa's front porch. Things were going so well: got paid sick leave, a salary bump, a huge 'effin settlement from Everstar (LLC!), AND, almost knocked old Mitchell out that news anchor chair. What did Middle Eye call Jaguar Paw?

Almost.

So I went big: during my triumphant return to the airwaves, I announced I was a superhuman and it was my civic duty as a law-abiding citizen of Twin Forks to use my new capabilities to protect locals. And smack Mitchell outta my chair with an Emmy. The ratings were orgasmic! I got my Emmy!! I'm the god of Twin Forks!!!

Aaaaand Mitchell's still in my chair. Soon. Just need some terrorists to stomp, on-air of course, and I'm the Weather Man NO MO!

But it works for now. This work is the copyrighted material of Richard J. Rogers, esquire, WTFN-Action News, and Kronus Broadcasting. You want a copy: PAY ME.

COMPLICATIONS:
                  Doing Good: It's what heroes do, right?
                  Greed: Everything is about Emmys and that anchor chair.
                  Recognition: I'm the reason God made television. And Emmys. And Peabody's, but who wants one of those?
                  Accident: Watch out for that --- SORRY!
                  Addiction: Nicotine (however I can get it).
                  Fame: Twin Forks loves me.
                  Identity: Everybody knows the Weather Man.
                  Obsession: Being the very best, no matter what!
                  Power Loss: Areas of extreme heat weaken powers.
                  Relationships: I like women and they like me back.
                  Responsibility: WTFN-Action News.
                  Rivalry: Reporters (parasites!)
                  Weakness: Fire descriptors can be trouble.

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat 5 (+5), Deception 6 (+8/+13), Expertise [Current Events] 8 (+8), Expertise [TV journalism] 5 (+5), Insight 5 (+8), Investigation 10 (+10), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 8 (+10/+15), Ranged Combat [Ice Powers] 6 (+8), Stealth 3 (+5), Treatment 5 (+5), Vehicles 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive 2, Benefit 2 (status: TV celeb & well-off), Connected, Defensive Roll 4, Extraordinary Effort, Favored Environment (anywhere freezing-cold), Fearless, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Smash, Minion 2 (Cameraman Mike), Well-Informed

POWERS:
                  "Freezer-burnt": Immunity 10; Cold descriptors (10)
                  Ice Powers: Dynamic 43-point array;
                  "Ice Blast": Affliction 12; ranged (300'/600'/1,200'), resisted and overcome by Strength, Dazed & Hindered (covered in ice)/Stunned & Immobile (trapped in ice), alternate resistance, cumulative, extra condition, precise, reversible, dynamic, limited degree [43 pp]
                  "Cryokinetics": Create 12; 4,000 cft., TGH 12, precise, tether, fades (-1 volume & Toughness per minute), dynamic alternate effect [2/14 pp]
                  "Ice Contructs": Movement 1; Safe Fall, Dynamic alternate effect [2 pp]
                  "Wind Chill": Affliction 10; burst-area 2 (60' radius), vs. Fortitude, Physically-Impaired (very cold)/Physically-Disabled (freezing), selective, subtle, alternate effect, limited degree [1/31 pp]
                  "Black Ice": Affliction 10; ranged (100'/250'/500'), burst-area (30' radius), resisted & overcome by Agility/Acrobatics, Physically-Impaired & Vulnerable (unbalanced)/Prone & Defenseless, concentration, accurate, alternate resistance, extra condition, subtle, alternate effect, limited degree, limited to ground targets, diminished range [1/40 pp]
                  "Crystallize": Weaken 12; Toughness, ranged (300'/600'/1,200'), affects objects only, alternate effect [1/24 pp]

EQUIPMENT: None

OFFENSE:
                  Initiative +10
                  Close Attack: Unarmed +5, DC16
                  Ranged Attack: Throwing +2, DC*
                  Ranged Attack: Ice Blast +8, DC22 vs. Strength
                  Ranged Attack: Cryokinetics +8, DC22 vs. Dodge
                  Ranged Attack: Wind Chill DC20 vs. Dodge, DC15/20 vs. Fortitude, subtle
                  Ranged Attack: Black Ice: +10, DC20 vs. Dodge, DC15/20 vs. Agility/Acrobatics
                  Ranged Attack: Hyper-Freeze +8, -12 object Toughness (automatic)

DEFENSES:
                  Dodge +12, Parry +10, Toughness +6/2, Fortitude +12, Will +6

Abilities 24 + Skills 25 (75 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 50 + Defenses 33 = 150

Cameraman Michael "Mike" Budmeiser:
                  Str 0, Sta 0, Agl 0, Dex 0, Fgt 0, Int 0, Awe 0, Pre 0
                  Equipment: Camera, digital recorder, smart-phone, news van,
                  multi-tool Advantages: Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 3, Improved
                  Defense Skills: Expertise: Current Events 5 (+5), Expertise: Pop
                  Culture 5 (+5), Expertise: Streetwise 5 (+5), Perception 5 (+5),
                  Persuasion 4 (+5), Stealth 5 (+5), Technology 10 (+10), Vehicles
                  10 (+10) Offense: Init +0, Unarmed +0 (Damage 0) Defense:
                  Dodge 2, Parry 2, Fort 2, Tgh 2/0, Will 2
                  Totals: Abilities 0 + Powers 0 + Advantages 6 + Skills 16 (49 ranks)
                  + Defenses 8 = 30

Comment

A genius-Powerhouse concept;

MARIGOLD (the 1st minute would be Dr. Sydney Sampson personified)
                    PL: 10 (160 pts)

ORIGIN:
                    The third child of physicist Dr. Frances Sampson, and radiologist, Christine Garmon-Sampson, Sydney Sampson was raised in a upper-middle class household. Unlike her siblings, she took to the sciences early on with a special interest in the analysis of matter (she broke things, unrepentantly). In school, Sydney excelled, eventually attending university on full academic scholarship, although she was a fine volleyball player as well. Always a conscientious young woman, Sydney took notice to the boorish and bullying attitudes of some males and often defended her more introverted peers from harrassment. Before graduating with honors and moving on to grad school, Sydney gained an internship at SAT, where her research into synthetic DNA repair first drew the attention of Carl Clarke.

After earning her Sc.D, Dr. Sampson the younger found she had a position awaiting at her old stomping ground, SAT. After short re-introductions and indoctrinations, Sydney went to work on her unfinished opus; a serum which might arrest cellular mutation related to cancer and other diseases. Permanently. While SAT staffers were skeptical and often hyper-critical, it was the unexpected encouragement of Clarke himself that kept Sydney from falling to frustration. Perhaps he saw something in her work that young Dr. Sampson lacked the vision to identify.

Years later, on October 21, running out of resources, support, and patience, Sydney stumbed upon an unusual DNA sequence resulting from serum exposure and mistakenly theorized the genesis of her "Super-Cure". Lacking test animals and time for further experimentation, Dr. Sampson followed in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin, Barry Marshall and many other scientists: she tested the serum on herself. Staying (essentially) locked-up in her lab, Sydney noted any and all physiological changes, while taking multiple blood samples for future analysis.

Just in case she died, at least others could identify her fatal miscalculations.

But within hours, Dr. Sampson realized she had (1) definitely miscalculated, and (2) this serum was something beyond snake-oil! Her body mass increased nearly 400%, her skin-density reached a Mohs-hardness equivalent to Corundum, off-the-scale magnification of physical strength/constitution, and a sensation of psycho-biological exhilaration. The new golden-metallic, epidermal 'luster' was also shockingly-distracting!

"Well, Sydney", Dr. Sampson said, parroting her father, "what have you broken now?"

Spending the next full day compiling her findings and theories, noting the transmutation effects diminished and completely vanished after approximately an hour, Sydney prepared a full presentation for SAT review. Then she paused, considering possible backlash from not only within the scientific community, but surely from outside. The unexplained appearances of new super-human beings was unsettling the world and her new discovery might be added fuel to the fire.

No. Sydney would sit on the serum, no matter how ground-breaking and self-redeeming it could be. She would discuss "possibilities" with her parents and Dr. Clarke, gather their unaffected opinions, then decide the proper course of action.

Height: (as Dr. Sampson) 5'8", (as Marigold) 6'8"
                    Weight: (as Dr. Sampson) 140 lbs., (as Marigold) 520 lbs.
                    Hair: (as Dr. Sampson) Short & blonde, (as Marigold) short, metallic-gold
                    Eyes: (as Dr. Sampson) Blue, (as Marigold) gold
                    Unusual Features: As Marigold, Sydney is a huge, muscular woman with metallic gold skin (No clothing made of 'unstable molecules'TM means a flexible bodysuit that gives her the 'She-Hulk' vibe I'm aiming for)

COMPLICATIONS:
                    Doing Good: Every law-abiding citizen has a duty to challenge the more lawless among us.
                    Thrills: Hoisting buses and leaping tall building with a single bound can be a hoot!
                    Accident: Still getting a handle on the whole 'Super-Strength' thing.
                    Identity: Dr. Sydney Sampson being Marigold isn't public knowledge (yet).
                    Obsession: Scientific exploration
                    Prejudice: Being a woman can be like riding a roller-coaster without the restraining bar.
                    Relationship: Her family and Carl Clarke.
                    Responsibility: SAT and the greater scientific community.
                    Rivalry: Bullies get special attention.

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12/1, STAMINA 12/1, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+5), Athletics 3 (+15/+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+8), Deception 3 (+3/+5), Expertise [Chemistry] 9 (+15), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 10 (+10), Investigation 2 (+8), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+5/+7), Ranged Combat: Throwing 4 (+4), Technology 4 (+10), Treatment 4 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive, Benefit (well-off), Connected (SAT), Daze (Intimidation), Equipment 2, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improvised Weapon, Interpose, Power Attack, Teamwork

POWERS:
                    Superhuman Form: Alternate Form; Activation (Move action);
                    "Super-Powered": Enhanced Trait 22; +11 Strength, +11 Stamina, sustained
                    "Invulnerability": Impervious Toughness 12 & Immunity 12; Life Support, crits
                    "Super-Jump": Leaping 10; 1 mile

EQUIPMENT: Home Lab HQ; Townhouse-Sized, TGH 8, communications, fire-prevention system, infirmary, laboratory/CPU, library, power system, secret (DC40), security (DC40) [9 ep]

OFFENSE:
                    Initiative +8
                    Close Attack: Unarmed +8, DC27
                    Ranged Attack: Throwing +4, DC*

DEFENSES:
                    Dodge +6, Parry +8, Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +6

Abilities 18 + Skills 32 (65 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 77 + Defenses 19 = 160

Critiques am welcomed

Comment

Working...
                    X