Seeking ideas/advice for my Emerald City Arcadia Academy campaign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking ideas/advice for my Emerald City Arcadia Academy campaign

My M&M 3rd campaign has shifted to a Hero High style, and I'd appreciate some grist for the creative mill.

We're in Emerald City at the newly established Arcadia Academy. In my version of EC, it's publicly known that the academy is for the education, and training of young people with powers due to the effects of the Silver Storm, which endowed a bunch of people with super powers about six months ago. AEGIS oversees the super powers side of things to make sure the students learn how to control their powers, and under what circumstances they may lawfully use them, as well as protecting the students' identities while they are at the academy. Academics are being overseen by Arcadia College. MarsTech is donating much of the resources.

I'm looking for ideas for faculty, students, and staff. even just a name, and basic blurb would be helpful. I'm also interested in suggestions for training exercises for the PCs, and villain plots either involving the school or which might draw out the PCs.

I've already introduced Rocky as the school's head coach, and have Kid Robot, Kid Singularity, and Junior as students.

My PCs are Tempest, a Storm-like weather controller who hasn't established much of a personality yet (we've only had one session so far); Think Tank, a former street gang member who gained super-strength, and toughness as well as an MMO style "taunt" power (basically a mind control affliction limited to making opponents attack him), all of which are psionic in nature; Gregg deMayo, who is basically Steven Universe (I've only read a summary of the show online, and never watched it, so if anyone has some ideas of how to play with this theme, I'd appreciate it. I'm already trying to figure out if there's a way to tie in viridian but could use some input from someone more familiar with the show); The Cheerleader, think Cordelia from Buffy the Vampire Slayer with telekinesis; and Pedro de Aranha, a Brazilian ground spider who was bitten by a construction worker dying from radiation poisoning, and so mutated into a human form, basically Spider-man with more social issues.

So, if anyone has ides they'd like to share, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Re: Seeking ideas/advice for my Emerald City Arcadia Academy campaign

well, as the dedicated character builder still in residence, I would direct you to Kreuz Control, which is my thread over in Roll Call subforum, which should just about cover any possible NPC need you might have

as for adventure ideas, well, here are some

Show & Tell let the PCs play around and show off what they can do with their powers

Field Trip! the PCs and rest of the class are being taken to a particular hero-centric landmark for a day of field training. use the first parts to encourage your players in finding new applications for their powers before the inevitable supervillain attack

Nothing Like Live Bait as field trip, but the villains are using you as bait to draw out a big name hero

Sports Day PCs go head to head with a rival class or maybe that jerkass private school for supervillains (do not pit vs each other, that just invites PVP

Ride Along so you want to be a hero? welcome to a weekend of sidekicking for the local pros

Justice, not vengeance in this very special gaming session of hero high, one of the party's classmates is out for revenge after a family member is seriously injured. stop them before they go to the dark side and/or get themselves killed against a threat they're no ready for

Mid-Term Exam for this exercise, students will have to get from one side of the course to the other, but in their way will be one of their teachers, playing the part of the supervillain.

Spanakopita! no, despite appearances, it's not an alien invasion. it's Space Spring Break, as a bunch of alien teenagers and space-college freshthings descend upon campaign city to party the week away with drunk and horny abandon. you've been volunteered to help work security and keep them away from bystanders.

Vigil all hands on deck! the latest crossover has left a beloved and iconic hero hospitalized, and all their villains are crawling out of the woodwork for easy revenge. your job is to work crowd control, keeping out the capewatchers, stalkers and d-list jobber villains
    Last edited by Kreuzritter; 03-08-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
      Field Trip! the PCs and rest of the class are being taken to a particular hero-centric landmark for a day of field training. use the first parts to encourage your players in finding new applications for their powers before the inevitable supervillain attack
      Field Trip XTREME!: The class journeys to some one of those fantastic places superhero settings always have like Atlantis or Asgard. Learn about the local culture and maybe have a friendly sparring session with some of the locals, which will be good practice to the inevitable villain attack.

MALL DAY!: Do that quintessential teenage thing of hanging around in a giant complex of stores. Pretend to be completely normal until the inevitable supervillain/terrorist attack.

Inspection Day: Uh-oh, looks like someone leaked details to AEGIS about the Llama Incident. Now the entire school has to pretend to be as straight-arrow as possible to avoid a bad review that will see them taken over by That One General Who Wants To Turn The Place Into Boot-Camp. Students have to help cover up any super-student shenanigans and villain infiltrations. Bonus points if they discover that the Inspector has been replaced by a shapeshifting alien who intends to deliberately fail the academy!

VIP: Very Important Parent!: A parent of one of the *ahem* "very foreign" students is going to visit. It's like a blend of Field Trip XTREME! and Inspection Day, only instead of getting turned into boot-camp there's going to be an International Incident if the students don't do something!

Comment

Great ideas, thanks!

Comment

Here is a link to my Avengers Academy PBP game I ran a few years ago.

Hope its helpful.
          [URL="http://crinos.dreamwidth.org/"]Urge to Stat Rising[/URL]: My blog where I post write ups for monsters for the Pathfinder system.

Comment

Working...
          X