My Unofficial Additions to Sketchpad Studios Tribute Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Unofficial Additions to Sketchpad Studios Tribute Universe

For the past few years Sketchpad Studios, in conjunction with Xion Stuidos, their publisher, has been releasing a series of supplements for their in house setting, the Tribute Universe. I've grown pretty fond of the setting, and enjoy reading about it. Much like I've done with a few other settings, I started tinkering with things, adding my own take to them, and figured I might as well post some of that here. So I'll be using this thread as a place to keep track of my ramblings. First up, are a few locations that I wanted to use, as I think they'd fit in well with what's been previously published.

Arcadia, Oregon - Located in the Pacific Northwest, it's my stand in for Portland, Oregon. The city is also home to a team of young Gene Active heroes calling themselves Gene Nation. The group came together after they all had run ins with P.U.R.G.E. (see AoV Teams #2 P.U.R.G.E.).

Bay City, California - My stand in for San Franciso. The southern portion of "Bay Area" is home an extremely large number of tech firms, such as DriveTech and Herald Labs, making it a target for such organizations as Crimenet and H.A.D.E.S, as well as the villain Osprey (see AoV Solo #89 Osprey).

El Dorado City, Colorado - My stand in for Boulder. A large diverse city with a number of super powered heroes and criminals operating in the area. It's home to the now retired hero Doc Thunder, although the good doctor still acts as a consultant for the U.S. Government, and has been know to suit back up every now and then.

New Avalon, Washington - Also located in the Pacific Northwest, it's my stand in for Seattle. Much like it's real life counterpart, several hi-tech firms call the city home, something that's attracted the attention of both Crimenet (see AoV Teams #1 Crimenet) and H.A.D.E.S (see AoV Teams #5 H.A.D.E.S.). The city is also home to several young heroes as well as a group of young villains calling themselves Discord.
    Last edited by sumnerd; 25th February 2018, 06:49 PM.

Re: My Unofficial Additions to Sketchpad Studios Tribute Universe

H.A.D.E.S.

Armaments Research and Engineering Systems (A.R.E.S.) - Hiding in plain sight, A.R.E.S. portrays itself as a small California based defense contractor developing new hi-tech weapons systems for the defense industry. In reality, it's nothing more than a H.A.D.E.S. front company. Masquerading as a legit government contractor, allows it to testing and manufacturing armaments without arousing to much suspicion.

Epsilon Base - Another recent addition to H.A.D.E.S. ever growing list of facilities, Epsilon Base is Located on the surface of the Moon (Luna). Still a relatively small facility, It's scheduled to come online within the next few months and will used to conduct some of H.A.D.E.S. more dangerous research projects. Unknown to all but a few, once the facility is fully online it will also house a backup computer system for storing PLUTO's brain algorithms in the event of some unforeseen catastrophe destroys his physical body on Earth.

Poseidon Base- A recently completed H.A.D.E.S. undersea base located deep in the South Pacific. Exactly what they're doing in at the facility is a tightly held secret known to only a few with the organizations ranks. It's rumored to be a secret bio-warfare facility.

Project Kronos - H.A.D.E.S. has quietly been experimenting with time travel for the past few years, and has finally reached the point where they plan to build what they hope to be the world's first time dravel device. The project, dubbed Project Kronos, his currently being housed in H.A.D.E.S. facility in the mountains outside of El Dorado City, and being over seen by Christina Kester-Tallman and Chazz Tallman

Tartarus - Located deep within the jungles of Southern Mexican, it's a secret H.A.D.E.S. detention facility designed specifically for holding and studying captured Gene-Active superbeings.

On the equipment front, they've also added a few additional pieces of gear to their arsenals.

Harpi Ground Attack Drones - Heavily armed drones used to provide air support to H.A.D.E.S. ground troops. The drones were developed by A.R.E.S. (see A.R.E.S.), and have recently begun field testing. So far they've proved quite effective against both superbeings and in several encounters with A.C.T.I.O.N. and W.A.R.D.

Archon Battle Armor - After a few incidents with meddling superheros, H.A.D.E.S Overseers are now being outfitted with Archon Battle Armor to allow them to defend themselves. In addition to its standard defensive systems, the suit has a number of offensive capabilities and an advanced sensor and communications suite.
    Last edited by sumnerd; 25th February 2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

The Homeguard

Two new members have been added to fill out the ranks of the Homeguard (see AoH Teams 1). The young sorceress Arcana, daughter of the mystic villain Arcane (long time rival of the sorceress Harridan (see AoV Mastermind #5)), and the African American superspeedster Blue Streak.

Comment

S.I.E.G.E.

The Strategic Initiative for Exploitation and Global Enslavement, or S.I.E.G.E., is a relatively new extremist organization that's only recently made its presence known. Believed to be an offshoot of S.I.N., it's operatives have already wracked up a considerable body count, and attracted the attention of some of the world's premiere law enforcement agencies, name W.A.R.D., A.C.T.I.O.N., and C.R.E.S.T.

As most of S.I.E.G.E.'s activities have occurred in the U.S. and Canada, A.C.T.I.O.N. and C.R.E.S.T. have formed a joint unit, nicked named SIEGE Breakers, to deal with the threat.

Comment

Another threat that the Homeguard have recently had to deal with, is the emergence of the villain group, the Alliance of Evil. Composed of almost a dozen members, they've begun a reign of terror and destruction along the U.S. Eastern Seaboard.

Comment

Working...
          X