Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help converting Emerald City Knights adventure into...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help converting Emerald City Knights adventure into...

a DC Aventure campaign. My players want to play original characters that they created but wanted to know who to substitute as NPC's from the DC Universe and what should i change around? Also, the players are all brand new PL10 characters.

Thank you.

Re: Help converting Emerald City Knights adventure into...

This would highly depend on how much of the original flavor of the adventure you want to keep. Part of the premise of the adventure is a "starting fresh" where the city where it all happens (apparently) does not have superheroes or supervillains until the Silver Storm outbreak. Do you want to keep that premise? If so, either the Stormers would be original characters, or they would be DC characters whose background changed to having just been activated. Ditto with the kerfluffle with Mars, the Commander, the Freedom League, the aliens, etc. You're going to have to do a lot of rearranging of backgrounds if you want to substitute DC characters there, although in a few cases (I'll be vague for now in case people have not dove into details), you could probably take less prominent characters and establish it as "this is where they've been". I honestly don't know enough about DC to say who exactly, but I'm sure there are Golden Age heroes and villains who you could retcon/establish as "having settled down".

Alternately, you could keep characters and ignore history, just matching characters from H&V by raw PL (if you do that, check both their offensive and defensive PL and average when trying to match and you won't be too far off). Mars could be Luthor or Doc Magnus, complete with Mars's background (again, trying to avoid spoilers). You could have the initial Stormers be Metamorpho, Giganta, Dogwelder, etc, but just come into their powers due to the Storm.

Lastly, you could have a bit of a mix of both. The various characters in Emerald City are new, and unique to that city. The parts where the Freedom League shows up can be replaced with the Justice League (modifying PL where necessary to make for fair fights). Parts where evil henchmen come in from out of town, you could use characters from the Legion of Doom. And, of course, the players might have origin stories that tie into the continuity of main DC heroes/villains.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
    [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Fuzzy covers a good many of the salient points, so lets see what we can do here

1. Emerald City itself.

Emerald, as said, is not supposed to be a City of Adventure, like gotham, metropolis or even Fawcett. the reason is that this is that villains use it as a place to spend the loot without harassment. what this means is that the city's major players should probably be what most dc fans would consider the B-list. let's keep that in mind.

3. Stormers

work fine as-is. these are new characters

3. Max Mars and the Commander

"armored supervillain gets out of the game following major crossover event, becomes mostly upstanding citizen with shady connections." keeping point 1 in mind, there's enough armored villains out there, let's use Colonel Computron as a place holder. Basil Nurblin uses Max's statblock. Commander works as-is, just change her supranym to "The Colonel" or "Computron" depending on group's tastes

4. the freedom league

pick a selection of Justice Leagers, one of whom has history with whoever you replaced mars with (flash in the case of our computron example). as DC's given him a big push to be part of the League, let's have cyborg fill dr. Metropolis' part of being affected by whatever's going on

5. the Chamber

the rank and file at the end of part 1 work as-is, but the leaders we meet in part 3 should be recognizable names. choose based on your group's preferences, but keeping point 1 in mind, I suggest Mallah & the Brain in Big Brain's place. the Chamber itself would be the remains of the Society we saw in around Infinite Crisis

6. Tellax

now, I'm of two minds here. the first option is to make Tellax a rogue iteration of Brainiac (instead of a giant silver humanoid, tellax's stats are for the classic skull-ship), but the events of the adventure path is a fitting MO for a classic JL enemy, the Overmaster, allowing you to use Tellax's backstory as a revamped origin for Overmaster. but for closeness to the module, let's go with a brainiac Skull ship

7. Collapsar
      works as-is, pick suitable DC replacement for Magna-Lor

Comment

Thank you both for your suggestions. I'm thinking of perhaps, making the M&M 3e game part of the DCU multiverse. So maybe have a portal that can take the players there from time to time.

I'm just trying to figure out if the Emerald City Knights adventure is worth buying and if I should buy the entire package or the adventure separately. I'm looking for GMs who can give me an honest review of the adventure.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by carlos71522 View Post
          Thank you both for your suggestions. I'm thinking of perhaps, making the M&M 3e game part of the DCU multiverse. So maybe have a portal that can take the players there from time to time.

I'm just trying to figure out if the Emerald City Knights adventure is worth buying and if I should buy the entire package or the adventure separately. I'm looking for GMs who can give me an honest review of the adventure.

Thank you.
          The first chapter is available for free at freeronin.com. And searching for Emerald City Knights review on Google will bring a few up.
          [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
          [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Working...
          X