Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for a M&M game set in the Wormverse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for a M&M game set in the Wormverse?

I'm starting my first campaign and I've chosen Wildbow's Worm as the setting (FYI, it is rather dark later in). If you haven't heard of this, it's a web serialization that is phenomenal. The powers are interesting and the enemies, such as the endbringers, are really cool. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas for ways to go about this. I've played D&D extensively before, but this system is a bit different than what I'm used to.

I've limited the players from choosing more than a couple of powers. These powers also have to fit together thematically; such as energy absorption and energy control. Also, the wormverse doesn't have magic or telepathy, so I've banned those. Tinkers have been a bit of an issue to figure out as well, but other than that things seem to be starting out pretty good.

PS: If I wanted help creating some of worm's characters, which section of the forums should I post in?

Re: Ideas for a M&M game set in the Wormverse?

I gave the setting some thought at one point. The biggest issue in replicating the feeling of it is Worm's tendency toward "trump" powers. It was amazingly common for someone to have a blade that could cut through anything, or to be able to charge a projectile that would go right through armor. I feel like you'd need a similar mechanic, something like an "anti-immunity" that essentially works like a Nullify or Weakness for your attack and your attack alone.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
    [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Re: Ideas for a M&M game set in the Wormverse?

Originally posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
      I gave the setting some thought at one point. The biggest issue in replicating the feeling of it is Worm's tendency toward "trump" powers. It was amazingly common for someone to have a blade that could cut through anything, or to be able to charge a projectile that would go right through armor. I feel like you'd need a similar mechanic, something like an "anti-immunity" that essentially works like a Nullify or Weakness for your attack and your attack alone.
      Yes it does have a lot of "absolute" powers were an effect works all or nothing. Fletchet can give object an aura of broken physics so it can go through anything if tuned right. Clockblocker can randomly freeze you in time with a touch. Imp makes you always forget her when she uses her power.

Also people whose power doesn't boost the is baseline human.

I suggest an all or nothing quirk for those effects and combining it with ultimate effort to mimic these. Set defense and ability caps without powers. Create an "Active Immunity" extra that lets the user bypass passive effects of the descriptor.

EDIT: Note that grab-bag powersets are a thing. Magic doesn't exist but powers can be versatile or weird enough to seem like it. Tinker specialization is just a complication as the best ones can leverage a lot of use out of theirs, such as bonesaws robots and Bakuda who can make a bomb with any effect but also surgically implant the in your brain.
      Last edited by Squirrelly-sama; 12-24-2015, 08:43 AM.
      [SIZE=2][FONT=comic sans ms][I][URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7721-WAIFU-WARZ-Squirrelly-s-Anime-and-Animation-Builds"]I Build Waifus and Waifu Accessories![/URL][/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
      X