Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Men in Black & Mysteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men in Black & Mysteries

Hello

it is not for now because I am busy but it seems I have convinced one of my friend, who is usually allergic to Super Heroes in RPG to have a try at M&M for an agent-based game, one roughly based on Men In Black in fact.

This friend remember fondly how we use to have a fun game with Men in Black from WEG a few years ago so last sunday I ask "what about a M&M game in the MiB universe and he smiled .

So since i have time before we play (I run three campaign now so I cannot yet), I launch this thread to gather some ideas.

The only things I know of the MiB universe is the MiB 1 and 2 movies, the WEG RPG back then and a few animated series episodes.

I have seen on Wikipedia that the MiB movies were inspired by a comics series which was grittier and I saw that in that comics, the aliens were not only the sole things the MiB hunted but also the paranormal. Personnally I would'nt mind to play a slighty more gritty version of MiB but my friend does not like too gritty (he refused to play the Midnight setting for D&D, he does not want to try the 1000 years of darkness era for L5R so you have the idea) so I cannot be too dark.

First thing to decide : the PL. I thing that PL6 would be good for a MiB game no ?

Then, if I want to add some paranormal things in the fray, the Supernatural Handbook would be a good idea ? I heard there an agency called Arcade in there who could be MiB material ?
    Yeah, I can fly

Re: Men in Black & Mysteries

That might be good, especially for setting tone and mood (if you want to go that route, anyway). I'd also recommend checking out the Paragons campaign setting.

Comment

Originally posted by King Snarf View Post
      That might be good, especially for setting tone and mood (if you want to go that route, anyway). I'd also recommend checking out the Paragons campaign setting.
      I have Paragons but in which way it would be useful in a MiB serie ?
      Yeah, I can fly

Comment

Originally posted by ciryon02 View Post
        I have Paragons but in which way it would be useful in a MiB serie ?
        Well, aside from the various conspiracy groups, one of the ideas floated is that supers are just one symptom of a worldwide outbreak of paranormal phenomena (rains of fish, poltergeist, religious stigmata, etc.)

Comment

Working...
        X