Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oubliette

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Vindicators Academy of Asia, Class of 2010
    • Baykara, Sedat (Bobin; Turkey): Sedat is a Neo-Sapien capable of coating his body in poison-tipped quills.
    • Bogdanov, Pyotr (Suitsidnyy; Russia): Whenever anyone smells Pyotr, they’re overcome with an urge to kill him.
    • Inoue, Aoi (Binjuketa Yellow; Japan): Much like her father and her sister, Aoi has the ability to generate explosive bursts of light from her hands.
    • Kojima, Ken (Onibi; Japan): A young man with the power to transform into living fire.
    • Kosaraju Narendra (Yali; India): This young man is permanently transformed into a chimera-like creature.
    • Lee, Deming (Binjuketa Green; China): The younger brother of Heng Lee, Deming also inherited the ability to breathe fire from their father.
    • Lin, Nuo (Binjuketa Pink; China): Heng’s younger cousin, when Nuo’s flesh is broken, a blast of energy escapes.
    • Lazaro, Louis (Binjuketa Blue; Philippines): This Neo-Sapien is able to adjust his physiology to either become dense or intangible.
    • Newton, Anne (Mezzanine; Great Britain): One of the six temporarily transferred from the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.
    • Ng, Robert (Binslng; China): Robert’s Neo-Sapien ability gives him chameleon-like skin: if he moves slow, his skin will change colors to help him blend in with his surroundings.
    • Sekai, Isaac (Binjuketa Red; Japan): Impervious to harm, Isaac was inspired by his brother’s death to become a hero, and formed the Binjuketa Sentai Squadron.
    • Shindou, Kaede (Yousei; Japan): Kaede radiates a death ward—those in her immediate vicinity are able to cheat death.
    • Wang, Xun (Diyu; China): A strong warrior whose Nephilim abilities allow him to summon imps to do his bidding.
    Last edited by Michuru81; 05-05-2016, 09:26 AM.
    Armada Status

    Comment


    • New Vindicators Academy of Asia, Class of 2009
      • Donghai, Lien (Jnhu; China): With a simple touch, this young woman is able to transform living beings, causing them to undergo a temporary evolution that makes them mutate into something deadlier. Whenever she uses her powers, however, it leaves her feeling weak and fatigued.
      • Fan, Guotin (Cuju; China): Guotins Neo-Sapien ability allows him to bend light, creating any optical illusion he wants.
      • Iwahara, Kaito (Samebito; Japan): A young man able to transform into an anthropomorphic shark.
      • Beskryostnov, Mikhail (Prizrak; Russia): So long as Mikhail is running, his body becomes incorporeal, letting him harmlessly pass through all matter.
      • Lee, Fuhua (Znghuǒ; China): Fuhua is a Neo-Sapien whose power allows him to breathe fire.
      • Lin, Heng (Huoyu; China): Whenever Hengs skin is broken, his Neo-Sapien power is triggered: a powerful blast of energy explodes from the injury.
      • Linden, Mira (Sprite; Great Britain): One of the six temporarily transferred from the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.
      • Surathi, Maahir (Saṅkēta; India): Maahirs power lets him disrupt electrical signals, be they mechanical in nature, or biological.
      Armada Status

      Comment


      • Re: Oubliette

        Almost a year ago, I tried to make a section for the NVAA, only to be met by these infernal forums' penchant for returning me to the front page when I submit or preview the post.

        I've tried to make a new post, hoping that will let me put more info up, but that meets the same result. Anyway, I'm working to update that a bit... It let me actually put in the URLs for each class listing, so that's a start. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a way to work in the rest of the info.
        Armada Status

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Asia, Class of 2011

          Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
          • Rexroth, Jack (Greystone; America): Officially a student at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe, Jack spent a few weeks abroad, in an independent study program with Arthropod.
          I'm drawing a blank on when this happened. Was it during one of the time skips?

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Asia, Class of 2011

            Originally posted by Shock View Post
            I'm drawing a blank on when this happened. Was it during one of the time skips?
            Yup. After Laputa, I believe.
            Armada Status

            Comment


            • Re: Oubliette

              Found it!
              Armada Status

              Comment


              • Re: Oubliette

                Speaking of, you need to add Imago to the NVAE freshman listings.
                Impeach the peach!

                Completed Games:
                Crinoverse - Avengers
                Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                Crinoverse - Time After Time
                Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                Extreme Unction

                Comment


                • Re: Oubliette

                  Originally posted by Enigmatic One View Post
                  Speaking of, you need to add Imago to the NVAE freshman listings.
                  Done and done! Thanks for reminding me!
                  Armada Status

                  Comment


                  • Re: Oubliette

                    NVAA has a much more defensive range of abilities. A lot of things seem to be triggered on breaking skin.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Oubliette

                      So it's been a couple months.

                      What's next on the itinerary?
                      Impeach the peach!

                      Completed Games:
                      Crinoverse - Avengers
                      Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                      Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                      Crinoverse - Time After Time
                      Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                      Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                      Extreme Unction

                      Comment


                      • Re: Oubliette

                        Originally posted by Enigmatic One View Post
                        So it's been a couple months.

                        What's next on the itinerary?
                        The next big thing won't actually be for here. I'm working on a PDF to act as sort of a sourcebook for the NVAE players. Here's a teaser of one bit.

                        The question is what sort of scope do I want? Do I want it to be a resource for the school itself--maps, info, and flavor, while also giving the info on the staff? If anyone has the Freedom City sourcebook, what's the best way to handle stats? The limited ones you see in some of the earlier sections, or the full bio with background, stats, and info? Do I humiliate myself by trying my hand at sketching up some of the staff, so that it's not just a big lump of text? Or do I just start stealing images? For the Tabula Rasa game, I found real life pictures of people--mostly nobodies, though I made a few slips and accidentally had a picture of Michael Fassbender in there--to make a school yearbook, finding that having a picture of someone helps the players to better recognize who they're interacting with.

                        That's the main thing I've been working on. That, and some builds. Oh, and a paper due later this week.
                        Armada Status

                        Comment


                        • Re: Oubliette

                          Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                          The next big thing won't actually be for here. I'm working on a PDF to act as sort of a sourcebook for the NVAE players. Here's a teaser of one bit.

                          The question is what sort of scope do I want? Do I want it to be a resource for the school itself--maps, info, and flavor, while also giving the info on the staff? If anyone has the Freedom City sourcebook, what's the best way to handle stats? The limited ones you see in some of the earlier sections, or the full bio with background, stats, and info? Do I humiliate myself by trying my hand at sketching up some of the staff, so that it's not just a big lump of text? Or do I just start stealing images? For the Tabula Rasa game, I found real life pictures of people--mostly nobodies, though I made a few slips and accidentally had a picture of Michael Fassbender in there--to make a school yearbook, finding that having a picture of someone helps the players to better recognize who they're interacting with.

                          That's the main thing I've been working on. That, and some builds. Oh, and a paper due later this week.
                          That looks promising. And builds sound good.

                          For the most part, given the teachers? I suspect those whom need the full stat blocks are the ones you've already (and may in the future) post in the Builds thread. Generally considering their mechanical and plot limitations, I don't think you need to go full enchilada for them.
                          Impeach the peach!

                          Completed Games:
                          Crinoverse - Avengers
                          Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                          Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                          Crinoverse - Time After Time
                          Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                          Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                          Extreme Unction

                          Comment


                          • Re: Oubliette

                            If anyone has the Freedom City sourcebook, what's the best way to handle stats? The limited ones you see in some of the earlier sections, or the full bio with background, stats, and info?
                            I would say that it depends.
                            Characters who are extremely important, or likely to be involved in fights, would probably be worth getting a full write up.
                            Characters who are less important, or less likely to need their stats written up should get a quick blurb that gives a basic idea of who they are and what they do.

                            So, for example, it might be a good idea to put up a build of the headmaster, since they're usually pretty important, or somebody like Manticore or Herta who are likely to play backup to the PCs in fights.

                            Doug, or Sarah, on the other hand, can probably get away without stats and a brief overview of what they can do.

                            But that's just me.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Oubliette

                              Originally posted by Michuru81
                              The next big thing won't actually be for here. I'm working on a PDF to act as sort of a sourcebook for the NVAE players. Here's a teaser of one bit.
                              Nice! Can't wait to see the finished project.

                              Originally posted by Michuru81
                              The question is what sort of scope do I want? Do I want it to be a resource for the school itself--maps, info, and flavor, while also giving the info on the staff? If anyone has the Freedom City sourcebook, what's the best way to handle stats? The limited ones you see in some of the earlier sections, or the full bio with background, stats, and info? Do I humiliate myself by trying my hand at sketching up some of the staff, so that it's not just a big lump of text? Or do I just start stealing images? For the Tabula Rasa game, I found real life pictures of people--mostly nobodies, though I made a few slips and accidentally had a picture of Michael Fassbender in there--to make a school yearbook, finding that having a picture of someone helps the players to better recognize who they're interacting with.
                              Originally posted by Arkrite View Post
                              I would say that it depends.
                              Characters who are extremely important, or likely to be involved in fights, would probably be worth getting a full write up.
                              Characters who are less important, or less likely to need their stats written up should get a quick blurb that gives a basic idea of who they are and what they do.

                              So, for example, it might be a good idea to put up a build of the headmaster, since they're usually pretty important, or somebody like Manticore or Herta who are likely to play backup to the PCs in fights.

                              Doug, or Sarah, on the other hand, can probably get away without stats and a brief overview of what they can do.

                              But that's just me.
                              Arkrite summed up my thoughts on the matter of writing up the NPCs - be as detailed as you need to be based on the amount of interaction the NPC has with the PCs.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Oubliette

                                Here's a version with a bit more to it.

                                First page is some fluff on the school; you've seen the second page already.

                                The next few pages are the full entry for Isaac Newton from my bible. That's basically what I'm looking at when I need to reference something. My bibles are divided into multiple files: core, NVAE, NVAA, magic, and other dimensions. Usually, I can find something fast by searching through it. CTRL + F, "Name: Gaspar" will take it right to the entry on Gaspar, for instance (searching "Lluvia" or "Gaspar" takes me to too many places, but "Name: Gaspar" tends to go to just one spot). Adding tags has been helping me lately. Being able to search by type (#esper) or nationality (#namibia) has been a big help, and I don't know why I wasn't doing that from the start.

                                Immediately after Newton's entry is a condensed version of Durendal. Basically, the main stats--name, height, weight, ect.--followed by the game stats. No fluff. No background or anything. Just the important stuff.

                                After that is a breakdown of the current junior class--a bullet point list with a brief explanation of powers and abilities.

                                Following that is a brief thing on various organizations, listing who is in it, where they're headquartered--stuff you're used to with regards to the villain pages I've plopped up on this thread.

                                So, my question is... what works best? Should I not worry about game stats and just make the whole thing fluff? Should I make this file just the school and not organizations the school has encountered? This is intended to be a resource for you, so what would you like to see?
                                Last edited by Michuru81; 07-06-2016, 12:56 PM. Reason: I TOTALLY know what I'm doing...
                                Armada Status

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X