Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oubliette

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
    I'm posting the timeline now and will continue to edit it as I go (mostly I'm adding the links, filling in some of my pre-campaign events to flesh out the world a bit), but I wanted to take the temperature of how it's organized: is the New Age section too lengthy? Should that be split by year? Like...

New Age
      • Thing
      • Thing
      • Thing

• Stuff
      • More Stuff

• This happened
      • This did too!
    That would likely make it a bit easier to read in all honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattooedman View Post
      That would likely make it a bit easier to read in all honesty.
      Yeah, three seconds after I posted that, I realized, "Why would I not do this?"

Looking at it now, I'm wondering if it would be overkill to divide some years (2008/2009) by months even...
      Last edited by Michuru81; 11th January 2016, 09:12 AM.
      Armada Status

Comment

Yeah, three seconds after I posted that, I realized, "Why would I not do this?"
        Yeah, I think we all have that moment happen when posting things here. I know I have a few times.

Looking at it now, I'm wondering if it would be overkill to divide some years (2008/2009) by months even...
        Given all that has happened in some of those months, it might be a good idea.

Edit: I see you already had one of those "why didn't I?" moments again.

Comment

Yeah, I think we all have that moment happen when posting things here. I know I have a few times.

Given all that has happened in some of those months, it might be a good idea.

Edit: I see you already had one of those "why didn't I?" moments again.
          Well, I kind of wanted to be able to look at it both ways, so... I left 2008 together, but divided 2009 by month. That way, people can look at it and see if 2009 looks like overkill, or if it's easier to navigate than 2008 is.
          Armada Status

Comment

Well, I kind of wanted to be able to look at it both ways, so... I left 2008 together, but divided 2009 by month. That way, people can look at it and see if 2009 looks like overkill, or if it's easier to navigate than 2008 is.
            Fair enough. Personally I like the years broken down by months, but that's just the organizational freak in me speaking.....

Comment

Fair enough. Personally I like the years broken down by months, but that's just the organizational freak in me speaking.....
              Oh, I very much agree with the monthly breakdowns, at least within the New Age section where we have NVAE and pretty much all the other plotlines (Armada, New Vindies, etc) running.
              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
              Crinoverse - Avengers
              Crinoverse - Young Avengers
              Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
              Crinoverse - Time After Time
              Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
              Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
              Extreme Unction

Comment

Oooh. Minor thing, but in the timeline, you have a typo. References to Oubliette 514 should be corrected to 519.
                Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                Crinoverse - Avengers
                Extreme Unction

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatic One View Post
                  Oooh. Minor thing, but in the timeline, you have a typo. References to Oubliette 514 should be corrected to 519.
                  Thanks! I actually just caught that, as the next thing I'm working on is a section for that dimension.
                  Armada Status

Comment

Slight edit:

• October 1, 2008: Candyman and Ursa prevent Savateuse from stealing a scroll; Current saves Elfriede from Presto; Fluxx, Impasse, and Prodigy apprehend Tristan Vitesse (NVAE #5)
                    In the above Current should be changed to Greystone.

Jack fought Presto and saved Elfriede, Lex just kind of watched.

To be fair Lex did save Elfriede, just on a different date. He saved one girl by grabbing her from a moving van and later that day another who dashed on her own out of a van and off to safety. Though the first one was a team effort. That was back on September 20, 2008
                    I never did think to ask which one was Elf...

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatic One View Post
                      Originally posted by Arkrite View Post
                      Slight edit:

In the above Current should be changed to Greystone.

Jack fought Presto and saved Elfriede, Lex just kind of watched.

To be fair Lex did save Elfriede, just on a different date. He saved one girl by grabbing her from a moving van and later that day another who dashed on her own out of a van and off to safety. Though the first one was a team effort. That was back on September 20, 2008
                      I never did think to ask which one was Elf...
                      Thank you! I changed both.
                      Armada Status

Comment

The conversation inside Ellen's maze is making me wonder if you're going to have to do a section on cultural differences between dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock View Post
                          The conversation inside Ellen's maze is making me wonder if you're going to have to do a section on cultural differences between dimensions.
                          I've been working on a section for 519, but I'm taking the scissors to it. I want to be vague enough that EO can play with the world a bit, and not feel as beholden to things I established. As it is, I am enjoying his summary of the world.
                          Armada Status

Comment

I've been working on a section for 519, but I'm taking the scissors to it. I want to be vague enough that EO can play with the world a bit, and not feel as beholden to things I established. As it is, I am enjoying his summary of the world.
                            Thanks. I'm just throwing in ideas as they come. I figure it should be recognizable as our world - a number of the same names and things crop up, but others don't, seeing as the Mokshan War was effectively WW3.
                            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                            Crinoverse - Avengers
                            Extreme Unction

Comment

The Aurelii

While anyone is capable of learning to wield the esoteric forces of arcana, such individuals face certain restrictions. Everyone has an aptitude for one of the eight arcane talents. Everyone, that is, save for those descended from the Aurelius. Thanks to an ancient pact, those who can trace their lineage back to this antediluvian magus are capable of feats other mystics could only dream of. These descendants are known as the Aurelii and from their bloodline, the immortals choose an advocate for the planet. This magus is given the title of the Aurelius (or Aurelia) and tasked with safeguarding mankind from all things mystical.

Ancient Aurelii
                              Throughout the years, several men and women have acted as the Aurelius, working to protect humanity from supernatural forces.

The Blood War
                              Seeking to ensure that one of their own would be elected as the next Aurelius, the Tharivol clan moved to prune the Aurelii family tree by hunting down other descendants. Before long, a full-blown war between spellcasters was being waged around the globe. In the end, only seven members of the Aurelii gens survived: Eldritch White, Bruno Marsh, Abraham Field, Henry Carlyle, Rachel Stark, and the Buchanan siblings, Thaddeus and Lola Mae. After the war had ended, another Aurelii was born: Bartholomew Tharivol, whose late father had been one of the warlocks who instigated the war, was born months after the fighting ended.
                              • Lola Mae Buchanan (1868 - 1926): For years, Lola and her husband James struggled to conceive. That was fine by her: following the death of her brother, Lola was elected as the Aurelia, and she felt her responsibilities as Earth's master mage would have prevented her from being the sort of mother she wished to be. As the years went on, however, she found herself with child. As her son came into the world, she began to shirk her duties, entrusting them to her apprentice instead. Eventually, her family found themselves in a battle in Spain, fighting to keep a crate of Golden Apples from getting into the hands of Adolf Hitler. Though her forces were victorious in keeping immortality from the madman's grasp, it came at the cost of Lola's life. (Lola's Descendants)
                              • Thaddeus Buchanan (1864 - 1900): Following the tragedy of the Blood War, Thaddeus found himself elected as the Aurelius. He tasked his fellow survivors with replenishing the Aurelii bloodline. Journeying to England to deal with the puca, he met a woman with uncanny abilities. The two fell in love and Thaddeus wasted little time in proposing. However, word soon spread of Thaddeus' arcane talents as well as the power his bride-to-be possessed. Though Naomi survived the mob's attack on them, Thaddeus' injuries claimed his life.
                              • Henry Carlyle (1883 - 1963): With the fighting concluded, Henry imaged a life with Rachel Stark by his side. Thaddeus Buchanan advised against it, stating that they all needed to repopulate their bloodline. Though willing to defy the man, Rachel was not. She left the States and married another, forcing Henry to settle for another woman. However, years later, he received word from Rachel's daughter that she was in danger. Henry hurried to Scotland where he saved Rachel's daughter from her brother. Taken by how much Rachel favored her mother, Henry abandoned his wife and children to marry Laise McKinnon, help her raise her niece, and begin a family of their own.
                              • Abraham Field (1879 - 1968): After the battle ended, Abraham took a wife and began a family. Unlike many of his companions, he managed to avoid the battlefield for the rest of his days, outliving most of them before passing on at the age of 89.
                              • Bruno Marsh (1868 - 1929): Bruno was no stranger to sorrow. In 1887, his wife died giving birth to their daughter, who died shortly thereafter. Years later, he remarried, and managed to start a family, only to lose them to the Tharivol clan's mad ambitions. At the urging of Thaddeus Buchanan, Bruno married again, and once more started a family.
                              • Rachel Stark (1884 – 1904): During the conflict, Rachel began to fall in love with Henry Carlyle. However, at Thaddeus Buchanan’s suggestion, the two married other people, to improve the odds of replenishing their bloodline. Rachel moved to Scotland where she married Conn McKinnon, a magus interested in his children being part of the bloodline. Together, they had three children: Fearchar, Laise, and Flannagan—the last of which Rachel died giving birth to. (Rachel's Descendants)
                              • Bartholomew Tharivol (1900 - 1971): With her husband and his entire family now dead, Grace Tharivol feared that the Blood War's victors might execute her unborn child. Fleeing to Eastern Europe, she was taken in by one of her father-in-law's former proteges. There, Bartholomew was trained in the arcane arts, in the hopes that he might one day restore his family's name.
                              • Eldritch White (1873 - 1958): None took Thaddeus Buchanan's charge to repopulate the Aurelii bloodline more seriously than Eldritch White. The once confirmed bachelor married not long after the Blood War ended and proceeded to father no less than ten children--each of whom he indoctrinated in the mystic arts and each of whom he likewise tasked with rejuvenating their family tree. With the passing of Lola Hawpe, Eldritch was elected as the Aurelius and regularly took his descendants with him on his excursions.

The Aurelius
                              • Thaddeus Buchanan (1900)
                              • Lola Mae Buchanan (1900 - 1926)
                              • Eldritch White (1926 - 1958)
                              • Sarah Stewart (1958 - 1972)
                              • Claude Thornton (1972 - 1986)
                              • Stephen White (1986 - Current)

Originally posted by Michuru81
                              Like so many of the sections in this thread, this is a work in progress (that, given my track record, I'll likely neglect terribly). The Aurelius family tree has been a pet project of mine for the last few years. As I put the last few touches on it, I hope to map out the modern descendants of this bloodline. As the mystical elements of this campaign world take on a more central role in the PBP game following the Armada's arrival, expect several other magical sections to be appearing here as time goes by.
                              Last edited by Michuru81; 20th January 2016, 05:25 PM. Reason: Linking Lola's Descendant Chart
                              Armada Status

Comment

As the mystical elements of this campaign world take on a more central role in the PBP game following the Armada's arrival, expect several other magical sections to be appearing here as time goes by.
                                Intriguing, and ironic given the discussion going on inside Maze's labyrinth.

Also, it then is indeed at least theoretically possible that Bulwark could become the Aurelius?
                                Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                                Crinoverse - Avengers
                                Extreme Unction

Comment

Working...
                                X